PDA

View Full Version : Which Video Recording Software to Use.

BeefaloBart
12-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I have been using Fraps for many years, (yes I paid for my fraps)

Of late Im getting tons of frame rate loss and very poor performance when I start to record. And knowing Fraps was the king of game recording, Its getting so with my current hardware and modern games I cannot record anything. Part is my failing hardware but not the topic of interest here. I will update my post as more are listed here.

What other paid and free software is available for players to record their video?

Fraps.
?

aendam
12-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Mirillis Action!

Northstorm
12-29-2013, 02:43 PM
I still use fraps, in raw format it can take up gb's in size but once you get it edited its then a 10th of the size

JayzenFreeze
12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
I like both but when I convert my Action videos no matter what converter I use it ends up flipped.

Akimoto873
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I use Fraps as well, except half the size. I have enough harddrive space to record for hours. Unfortunately, if you want quality, Fraps uses A LOT of space!

I have also been looking for an alternative solution, but have failed to find any that is up to the task (without killing the game's framerate).

aendam
12-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I use Fraps as well, except half the size. I have enough harddrive space to record for hours. Unfortunately, if you want quality, Fraps uses A LOT of space!

I have also been looking for an alternative solution, but have failed to find any that is up to the task (without killing the game's framerate).

Check out Mirillis Action! i used fraps then i found this software i get almost no frame rate drop

Twinklenugget
12-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Dxtory is by far the best. You can not get any better. You can choose your own codecs. If configured properly you don't drop any frames. With x264 codec I get 500mb for 10 minutes yes 10 MINUTES not nanoseconds. I tried FRAPS but it sucked so bad that I nearly ♥♥♥♥ myself in FRAPSophobia. I currently use Lagarith loseless codec and get 1 minute about 900mb so that's very nice two and I have it at the highest quality settings. Imagine what medium is like. I cant notice a difference in low quality except lighting bugs. You can even choose the audio codec. And don't be racist, just because it's from Japan and you need Japanese Yen doesn't mean you don't buy it. Pirate it if you have to. Just rid yourself of Dxtory, it's popular. But users of the software are just in denial of it's ♥♥♥♥ty quality. Plus you can even Livestream with it, add multiple audio sources, and if you have any problems with it. the ♥♥♥♥in creator of Dxtory "Exkoder" will always help you. Like WTF??!!! Literally when my girlfriend found out she started having contractions because of the intense badass of Dxtory.

-To make a long story short get Dxtory