PDA

View Full Version : Crash SteamOS downloads and Fails to launch!!

Mutant
04-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Hello, I have a steamos box that i like to play some games on. I had no issues prior to this alpha 11 update. Myself and girlfriend play this game a lot. And love the hell out of it. After alpha 11 launched i can no longer launch the game in steamos?

Issue
Deleted old game.
Downloaded new game.
Hit play button. The little wave happens for 2 seconds. Then screen refreshs and just goes back to the play button.
Even the stream from pc option is greyed out. Which i could use before to stream from my desktop.

Please help. I need this to work on SteamOS again please.

Thanks, and keep up the amazing work!!

Wii5
04-04-2015, 06:38 AM
I have the same error: (tested on Arch Linux and Ubuntu)

Alloc
04-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Hello, I have a steamos box that i like to play some games on. I had no issues prior to this alpha 11 update. Myself and girlfriend play this game a lot. And love the hell out of it. After alpha 11 launched i can no longer launch the game in steamos?
Hard to tell without any logs. Could be they also use an outdated libc version (Unity 5 requires GLIBC >= 2.15).

I have the same error: (tested on Arch Linux and Ubuntu)
That actually looks like your download is incomplete, missing some files. I'd recommend first veryfying the game through Steam, if that says everything is in place check if the file (groups.xml was the one I noticed on a quick glance at your log) really exists and has the correct permissions (which they should have unless Steam is going crazy).

Wii5
04-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Hard to tell without any logs. Could be they also use an outdated libc version (Unity 5 requires GLIBC >= 2.15).
I am not 100% sure but i think SteamOS is using "eglibc 2.17" from Debian testing.

That actually looks like your download is incomplete, missing some files. I'd recommend first veryfying the game through Steam, if that says everything is in place check if the file (groups.xml was the one I noticed on a quick glance at your log) really exists and has the correct permissions (which they should have unless Steam is going crazy).
I deleted the "7 Days to Die" folder and now its working BUT the FPS are horrible (only 25-35 FPS)! With Windows I have 60-80 FPS on my pc! (same settings)

numidark
11-21-2015, 08:12 AM
I have a same problem, no news to a dev ?

I contact SteamOS Dev but is not their problem : https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamOS/issues/402

Issue
Deleted old game.
Downloaded new game.
Hit play button. The little wave happens for 2 seconds. Then screen refreshs and just goes back to the play button.
Even the stream from pc option is greyed out. Which i could use before to stream from my desktop.

Please help. I need this to work on SteamOS again please.

Thanks, and keep up the amazing work!!

Alloc
11-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Probably the library path ... You can try editing the startscript (7DaysToDie.sh) and comment out the line

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
by adding a # in front:

#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

A13 should already properly work out of the box on SteamOS, at least it did in my tests ;)