PDA

View Full Version : Old Western Ghost Town

dreyone
12-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Just a little something I made in creative mode. All it needs now is a couple tumbleweeds and an old cowpoke playing his harmonica!

Ghost town includes: 2 houses, 1 saloon, 2 shops, 1 well, 3 sheds and 1 outhouse

I did interiors on all the buildings also, so the houses have furniture, fireplaces with brick chimneys, etc. The saloon has a bar and a little storage area in the back where they keep the good stuff

calideag
12-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Nice, how long did it take to make?

dreyone
12-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Nice, how long did it take to make?

A few hours

RedMist
12-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Looks awesome!
Where is the saloon!
And the OK Corral?
Maybe some train tracks and a station?

JayzenFreeze
12-29-2013, 10:02 PM
and the hookers, I don't see any hookers. They better not all be zombies, I don't want to catch that.

dreyone
12-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Looks awesome!
Where is the saloon!
And the OK Corral?
Maybe some train tracks and a station?

Those are actually some pretty good ideas. The saloon is the wide building with the wooden posts at the front (for parking your horses) on the left in the third screenshot and in the middle of the fourth one. I'm gonna work on adding some train tracks and stuff and I'll post some more screenshots when I'm done

dreyone
12-31-2013, 11:43 AM
I've been workin' on the railroad, all the live-long day!

I've created a railroad and a new train station! Thanks for the suggestions, redmist

dreyone
12-31-2013, 11:49 AM
And some more screenshots of the railroad/train station (unfortunately I can only upload 5 per post)

dreyone
12-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Other buildings + interiors (part 1)

The metal storage shed and house #1

dreyone
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Other buildings + interiors (part 2)

House #2 and the well

dreyone
12-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Other buildings + interiors (part 3)

The saloon

dreyone
12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Other buildings + interiors (part 4)

The shops, the outhouse, and the big shack

dreyone
12-31-2013, 12:53 PM
I'll be uploading the save game file for this soon so that other people can actually check it out for themselves in-game. There's a bunch of other areas that I'm building stuff in so I will probably finish those first before I upload it. Hint: it includes secret underground bases that might not be very easy to find!

RedMist
01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Dude this is friggin awesome!!!
I could help you do a video tour and post it on my youtube chan if ure interested.

(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6VLElTiVhYgztdOZ2WzpWg)

tezzhat
01-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Looks like somebody inspired the devs haha

dreyone
01-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Did they add a ghost town in the latest release? I haven't been able to keep up with the game's development for a while. I'm still waiting for my new computer to come in the mail since I tried to use Steam a few weeks ago and it fried one of my laptop's CPU cores, effectively bricking my entire system (I'm using another person's computer to post this)

When I get my new PC i will likely not be installing steam (my new pc is a pretty expensive rig and I don't want to lose it like I lost my laptop to steam), although I still plan to release the save game file of this ghost town assuming I can recover it from my laptop's hard drive via an external enclosure.

FYI: I doubt the save game file will be compatible with versions of 7DTD newer than 4.1, so for those of you playing the newer versions, it's likely you'll have to downgrade to 4.1 in order to use it. I'm not sure if TFP are still offering downloads of 4.1, but hopefully they are. If not, I hope that folks at least kept their copy of the 4.1 installer so they can check out my ghost town (I can't release my copy of the 4.1 installer for anti-piracy reasons)

It's unfortunate that despite the fact that I've apparently inspired the devs to add a ghost town, I have yet to inspire them to release a steamless version of the game. Oh well, ain't much I can do about it except wait and hope that they come to their senses to do it.

dreyone
01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Howdy folks,

So I've finally got my new computer up and running, and I gotta tell you, 7DTD sure plays a helluva lot better on an Intel Core i7 4930k with an Nvidia GTX 780 and 16 GB of RAM! :excitement:

To celebrate the delivery of my new computer today, I'm releasing the save game file for my ghost town! Please note, however, that this save game file is for Alpha 4.1 (non-steam) and will PROBABLY NOT WORK ON NEWER VERSIONS OF 7 DAYS TO DIE!

The good news is that TFP are still offering downloads of Alpha 4.1, although they have unfortunately removed the actual download page link from the MY7DTD navigation menu.

How to download Alpha 4.1 from 7daystodie.com:
* In order to access the download page, you must first log in to your My7DTD account by going to the main 7daystodie.com website and clicking "My7dtd" in the navigation menu (or alternatively, just go to https://7daystodie.com/my7dtd/).

* Once you've logged in, you can access the download page by visiting https://7daystodie.com/my7dtd/download.php. Here you can download the old Alpha 4.1 version of the game, which is required to load my ghost town save game.

How to install the ghost town save game file:
* To install the save game, download the compressed zip folder here http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/491631/dreyones-ghost-town-zip.html Sorry for the ads and stuff, I had to use a free file sharing site because the forums wouldn't let me upload it here due to the file being too large (TFP should really make save game files more efficient!)

* Once you've downloaded the compressed zip folder, extract the "dreyones-ghost-town" folder inside it into your 7 Days To Die Navezgane Saves folder. This is usually located in C:\Program Files\7DaysToDie-Alpha\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\Saves (assuming you're using Windows, I'm not sure where the data folder is for the game on Macs). If you do not have a "Saves" folder under Data\Wolrds\Navezgane\, just create one and then extract the compressed zip file there. Once you've extracted it, you should have a folder in your Saves folder called "dreyones-ghost-town"

* To load the save game, simply start up 7 Days To Die (Alpha 4.1 version, that is) and it will show up in your saved games list as "dreyones-ghost-town" after clicking "Continue".

Fun fact: There's actually a few other interesting places I've built on the map, but most of them are hidden in places that are hard to find. I haven't actually finished building these other locations, but you're welcome to make changes and share your version here (as long as you give me credit for the original stuff :welcoming:)

If you do not have a valid My7DTD account (i.e. you didn't actually buy the game) please do not ask me to give you my copy of Alpha 4.1. I do not support the piracy of this game and I am not giving anyone my copy of it.

I'm also not sure how this works for those people who bought the game directly via Steam. If you're one of the people who bought it on steam and can't access My7DTD, please contact TFP. Don't forget to tell them to launch a non-Steam version of the game while you're at it! :encouragement:

P.S. For those of you who are curious about my new gaming rig, it's a CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme SLC6600. You can check it out here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1005495-REG/cyberpowerpc_slc6600_gamer_supreme_slc6400_desktop .html. It's pretty nice.

SunGod
01-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Nice work!

Carrythxd
01-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Damn, this looks epic! :O

dreyone
01-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Thanks guys :) Hope you enjoy it

spiceytacos
01-25-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't think I have ever heard of steam frying a computer, but if you made a support ticket and where able to prove that was the case they might give you some of your money back.

dreyone
01-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't think I have ever heard of steam frying a computer, but if you made a support ticket and where able to prove that was the case they might give you some of your money back.

I tried filing a support ticket but when I tried to access their support portal, I got an error message saying it was down. I also couldn't access their forums...

Fox
01-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Unless software was specifically intended to fry a computer, it will never happen. The fact that it can't ever be proven is proof enough that something else was the cause and Steam was just use to point the finger at since it was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I myself have 170 games on my Steam account and have yet to see a single issue with it. I also have friends with over 300+ games with Steam and they've also never had any issues with Steam. The fact that there's millions of Steam users out there kind of says a lot too.

Not wanting to use Steam is your choice, but I'm just letting you know that it is extremely unlikely that Steam could fry your computer, and even if it did, it wouldn't be Steam's fault as any software might of done the same thing given the right circumstances. And if I had the opportunity to inspect the damage, I'm sure the results would just be a cheap laptop part burnt through voltage stress as that's one of the more common things to happen with laptops.