PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Invisable blocks and ineffective spikes

McCog
04-11-2015, 01:52 AM
As of patch 11.2 non-upgraded log spikes will disappear, lose effectiveness and be non-removable. Has anyone else had this annoyance?

NDscham
04-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Confirmed in 11.2b4.

Severity: [Medium-High]

Chunk Corruption occurs where blocks become invisible and cannot be removed despite being present. See screenshots where I am standing on such a corrupted section. I believe this could be due to the new zombie corpse blocks as it happened after an attacking wave.

NDscham
04-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Related:
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?26194

rosenholz
04-11-2015, 11:20 AM

Like these? White marks the spikes I laid previous evening and behind them should be cobblestone walls/frames that are marked with green.

I think spikes were non-upgraded and at least part of the cobblestones might have been just placeholder frames when I ran out of cobblestones.

And you cannot do or place anything on those "corrupted" places were spikes and cobblestones should be.

EvoluZion3
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Exactly the same problem here too :( I had a row of log spikes that got destroyed by a horde of dogs, one of which managed to come through the wall and get me. While they were doing that they could destroy the metal cabinet through the wall too. Where the logs were is now a line of invisible blocks which I can see through, through the wall of the building and underground down to the cave I'm digging beneath the building.

Same problem in a nearby ditch, invisible blocks where spikes used to be and I can't put anything there.

HipShot
04-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Have same problems now, where the spikes have been one can walk on the invisible block and sides on trussing and wood block has become invisible. and this has only a accrued where spikes has been and zeds has been walking over them.

I also think its has to do with the new gore block !

Thrainn
04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
I confirm SEVERE bug with log spikes!

A large portion of my log spikes around my cabin turned invisible along with the base of the cabin (making it floating in the air) and do NOT cause damage to zombies anymore!

Since I chose this cabin as my base, into which I put quite some work so far, I am forced to stop playing until this bug gets fixed.

A minor bug won't let me turn the mining helmet OFF or the flashlight ON, which the latter a complete waste of inventory space ...

All this happened with the last patch.

G.W Cook
04-12-2015, 12:34 AM
I posted that somewhere else, but there seems to be an issue with some people's blocks.xml where one line seems to glitch things out.

Try and see if replacing your spike's entry in blocks.xml does anything to help you.

<block id="418" name="trunkPineTip">
<property name="Class" value="Spikes" />
<property name="Material" value="wood" />
<property name="Shape" value="Cone" />
<property name="Texture" value="21,21,116,116,116,116" />
<property name="FuelValue" value="128" />
<!--property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" DOES NOT WORK ON THIS SHAPE!!! -->
<property class="UpgradeBlock">
<property name="ToBlock" value="reinforcedTrunkPineTip" />
<property name="Item" value="woodPlank" />
<property name="ItemCount" value="4" />
<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
</property>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
</block>

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you're starting a brand new save, replacing the block's class by "damage" has been reported to solve the issue (and you don't need to edit the terrain decoration line out).

I don't think either of those fixes are retroactive however. once it's done, I think it's over (well, unless you're ready to get your hands dirty and reset the specific chunk).

Sinz
04-12-2015, 12:42 AM
SOLVED/FIXED
I fixed this on my server like so:

<block id="418" name="trunkPineTip">
<property name="Class" value="Damage" />
<property name="Material" value="wood+wood" />
<property name="Shape" value="Cone" />
<property name="Texture" value="21" />
<property name="FuelValue" value="128" />
<!--property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" DOES NOT WORK ON THIS SHAPE!!! -->
<property class="UpgradeBlock">
<property name="ToBlock" value="reinforcedTrunkPineTip" />
<property name="Item" value="woodPlank" />
<property name="ItemCount" value="4" />
<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="4" />
</property>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
</block>

Also if you want to get rid of any existing glitched/invisible spikes just use a bucket of water, water flow destroys them.

McCog
04-12-2015, 01:50 AM
So to sum it up, modding the blocks.xml does prevent further corruption. A bucket of water will get rid of corrupted spikes. As I did not have a bucket I undermined the spikes and they fell. One remained floating so i put a frame below it and after busting it the spike fell. Hope this helps everyone.