PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Modding Tools towards higher compatiblty between mods

Killermoench
05-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Ideas

1. ids of blocks from vanilla are never changed, prefabs need this ids and basic block info
2. info file for prefabs with info for the use of no vanilla blocks(block ids high then vanilla ids or ids not used in vanilla)
with infos for creator, version, gameversion
3. changing block id only by confict
4. merging of 2 or more mods to 1 mod with changing from block id in prefab by confict between the mods
5. keywords must be unuiqe across all content (block name, item name, buff name, lootgroup name, etc.) for language support
6. modding script for global modifcation rules (e.g. all blocks withe downgrad have no dop on destroy event by default)
7. rules for naming of blocks, items and etc. (i've see mod with same content concept, but with different naming therefor.)

Magoli
05-23-2015, 06:04 AM
to1:
Do u dreamed my dream ? :) - this would be heaven!!! But forget it. A big blockrotation-change will come.
(i believe this will screwup all the 90 costum-prefabs - AGAIN!!! )

to2:
I didn't support costum-blocks in my works yet (RWG-PACK and the Componist)
But my tool "Prefab-Componist" does exactly that. Its a database of ALL posted prefabs (and vanillas) with the special-infos u discribed
(autor, where it spawns, size, screenshot , type , ...). Check it out !!!

to3:
The Block-ID's , the blocknames , the blocktextures and the blockrotations are still a mess.
After this have bin cleared i wish that to

to4:
We are work on that. But most of the mods are a work in pregress. Especially when the game changes every 1/2 year !!!
There is a tool that manages mods - but i don't tested it by myself. So i can't say more about it.

Overall i wish most of ur ideas by myself. But as long as game is alpha, its better to let the devs do their work -
and we make the best of we got !!!

Mag out

Killermoench
05-23-2015, 12:37 PM
i've tested the mod manager/patcher. it's very good to switch between vanilla and modded content, but files for tool must be writen very leanly or/and the mods must be combinable for the use of more then one mod.
auto id system from the tool can screw a mod or the combining process, when the ids odert from highest to lowest in the files.

the changes of game can screw any mod or prefab, that are problems man can't avoid.
problems not based of changes of game by new patch can be avoid thru better functionallity of the tools.

Magoli
05-23-2015, 12:48 PM
i've tested the mod manager/patcher. it's very good to switch between vanilla and modded content, but files for tool must be writen very leanly or/and the mods must be combinable for the use of more then one mod.
auto id system from the tool can screw a mod or the combining process, when the ids odert from highest to lowest in the files.

Ahh - good to know
I have to test this mod - because one of the guys can't use my Componist-tool when mod-manager is installed.
Gotta check out what this manager does to the folders and files.

But first things first - i work on to release a hotfix of the RWG-pack today !!!

Mag out