PDA

View Full Version : The Navezhattan Project

Uriziel
07-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Smizmars and Fonfonroos. I give to you, Navezhattan.

A collection of over 65 new points of interest in Navezgane, hand placed for your exploration enjoyment.

With help from Magoli, I bring this to you as my first installment and will be adding more as time goes on, within reason. I need to leave some place for you to build that 25 story doom tower.

This pack contains many "Lost" POIs, as well as a large dose of the prefabs from Magoli's pack we've all come to know and love, right in the greatest city to only get half blown up in the world.

Known Bugs -
Clipping with trees for some POIs
Some buildings basements have filled up with dirt
Scorpions

Included (but not limited to)
Giant Rocket
Pyramid
Entire City in the Plains
Skyscrapers
Science Centers
A new hospital
Bunkers!
Strip Club
Bowling Alley
Mag Tens!
And much much more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzy6l6zeb41utsk/Navezhatten_Alpha13_update%28by_magoli%29.zip?dl=0

The link above is Mag's fix for A13 until I can finish refinishing the pack. Big thanks to him

HUGE thanks for Magoli, and everyone else who worked on his pack, that allowed me to bring a bit more to Navezgane, I fell in love with Navezgane the first time I broke my leg!

Enjoy, and stay classy Arizona

Magoli
07-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Really cool mate ;)

Many people asked for that. I always had to say :"No - not yet !!!"

But soon we can say: "YEP - WE HAve a NAVA-PACK now too !!!" :)

Iam really excited what u put in - and where u let it spawn.

lets roll
Mag

SylenThunder
07-15-2015, 11:04 PM
I'd be interested to see one that was like 60% city, 20% rural, with the rest either wasteland or burning forest. I think I may need to wait until they create the world generator tool for that though.

Guppycur
07-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Get a team together, assign them region files, oversee the project as a whole, tell your team your terraforming expectations and enjoy.

The Last Survivor
07-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Yes!!!! I have wanted to have a Navezgane prefab pack for SO long but everyone just abandon Navezgane and now you are making it happen! Thank you for making this and Mag for making prefabs and all the other people who have made prefabs included in Mag's pack! ..

Chaosocks
07-16-2015, 12:01 AM
I would love to see this! A city would be so awesome, something we couldn't get from random gen, you know?
Cause as of right now, it's basically abandoned... I never touch it.

The Last Survivor
07-16-2015, 12:06 AM
I play on NAVEZGANE alot but I wish the Pimps wouldn't just abandon it..
I know they SAY they will update it with world tools once they come out /
are created BUT I feel like they may be able to fit a Random Gen version of Navezgane
into random gen and just use it for the story.. Which would suck.. Alot..

- - - Updated - - -

Really cool mate ;)

Many people asked for that. I always had to say :"No - not yet !!!"

But soon we can say: "YEP - WE HAve a NAVA-PACK now too !!!" :)

Iam really excited what u put in - and where u let it spawn.

lets roll
Mag

So will this pack be updated ? Cause I know some guy who made a HUGE Navezgane Expansion pack 2.0 and abandon it
cause it was WAY to much work to update it.

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 01:31 AM
So far I've got 44 new POIs added, the plains has a city now (City, not Small Town). Most of the love went to the Desert, Plains, and Wasteland. Though the forest got some buildings too. The snow biome has a few cool buildings in it now. Sadly the burnt forest got the least love, but I just can't find buildings that don't look out of place there.

I'm planning to keep this updated, I don't mind putting in the work, and I'll be doing it for my server anyway. I like random gen, but I always end up back in Navezgane. I've got a couple more buildings I want to add, but otherwise its ready.

Alot of the prefabs I used are huge (The rocket for example), MOST of them went in seemlessly. There are some minor clipping issues with trees in places, and I've got one office building with a basement full of dirt.

The Last Survivor
07-16-2015, 01:38 AM
So far I've got 44 new POIs added, the plains has a city now (City, not Small Town). Most of the love went to the Desert, Plains, and Wasteland. Though the forest got some buildings too. The snow biome has a few cool buildings in it now. Sadly the burnt forest got the least love, but I just can't find buildings that don't look out of place there.

I'm planning to keep this updated, I don't mind putting in the work, and I'll be doing it for my server anyway. I like random gen, but I always end up back in Navezgane. I've got a couple more buildings I want to add, but otherwise its ready.

I personally don't mind Random Gen but I think it still sucks compared to navezgane..
And now that RANDOM GEN removed the Wasteland and burnt forest and wasteland hub
its honestly just better to play Navezgane.. All you're gana find in random gen now is
endless plains biomes that the weather never changes in and forests that constantly
rain and snow. The snow only lasting like 5 mins which is stupid as hell.

The Last Survivor
07-16-2015, 02:07 AM

Alot of the prefabs I used are huge (The rocket for example), MOST of them went in seemlessly. There are some minor clipping issues with trees in places, and I've got one office building with a basement full of dirt.

You get the skyscraper in as well?
And any idea when it will release?
I don't wana start playing till this comes
out so I can start a new world :D

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 02:13 AM
There is a skyscraper, and provided I can get Mag to sign off on it once I'm done (adding some love to the Snow, my favorite biome now and Burnt Forest as we speak) and it should be ready tonight.

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 03:57 AM
Alright guys, coming down to midnight on the east coast here. I've got over 50 prefabs now installed. Going to get with Mag here in a few and see if he can write off on the prefab list, and if so we'll have a download soon.

Looking at what I've done I realize there is room for improvement here. However as time goes on I'll get this more fleshed out. Its already a huge pack for Navezgane, and I want to add more.

On the todo list is adding more to the Burnt Forest and Pine Forest. I know those two zones in particular didn't get much love, but it IS in the works

The Last Survivor
07-16-2015, 04:14 AM
There is a skyscraper, and provided I can get Mag to sign off on it once I'm done (adding some love to the Snow, my favorite biome now and Burnt Forest as we speak) and it should be ready tonight.

Sounds awesome man! I love the snow biome and burnt forest
cause their weather is not broken as hell hahah.. I hope to god
the burnt forest gets added back into random gen. I am thinking
maybe they took it out until they can add some type of ash storm
or something..

- - - Updated - - -

Alright guys, coming down to midnight on the east coast here. I've got over 50 prefabs now installed. Going to get with Mag here in a few and see if he can write off on the prefab list, and if so we'll have a download soon.

Looking at what I've done I realize there is room for improvement here. However as time goes on I'll get this more fleshed out. Its already a huge pack for Navezgane, and I want to add more.

On the todo list is adding more to the Burnt Forest and Pine Forest. I know those two zones in particular didn't get much love, but it IS in the works

Oh crap man! Awesome to read! :D Thank you VERY VERY much for making this and thank you very much as well Mag for the prefabs :D ..

Rentrac
07-16-2015, 04:21 AM
when will the release come im interested in seeing if this will be good in my mod

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 04:23 AM
when will the release come im interested in seeing if this will be good in my mod

Within the next hour, to hour and half I hope. I got slightly distracted because I found a few prefabs I didn't know about.

The snow biome got some eleventh hour love, so its now been Awesomefied TM

Rentrac
07-16-2015, 04:24 AM
good to hear... keep up the good work bro

The Last Survivor
07-16-2015, 04:30 AM
Within the next hour, to hour and half I hope. I got slightly distracted because I found a few prefabs I didn't know about.

The snow biome got some eleventh hour love, so its now been Awesomefied TM

I think I found you on steam. Sent you a friend invite just to let ya know.

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Ok folks, its done. And only a couple hours behind my estimate. I'm just holding off on a few permissions from Magoli and I'll get it put up for download

Rentrac
07-16-2015, 07:49 AM
wha time can i download this ?

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 07:53 AM
wha time can i download this ?

I've already got the file up on filedropper, AS SOON as I talk to Magoli, I'll post the link. I don't currently know Magoli's schedule, so the best I can give you is as quickly as I can speak to Mag

Rentrac
07-16-2015, 08:16 AM
why thought he said it was good to go allready ?

Uriziel
07-16-2015, 08:19 AM
He asked me to let him know which ones I used before I posted it, just incase he had updated buildings for it. At the time I spoke with him I didn't have a complete list

Rentrac
07-16-2015, 08:47 AM
well personally i dont need a updated list of builds can u just pm it to me please

Guppycur
07-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Just an fyi, I wouldn't tie myself to another mod like that. Mag has done outstanding work and all, and he is to be commended, but this is your pack...

MisfitMunky
07-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm really glad that I stayed away from the modding section as long as I have because I'm just now finally getting bored. Thank you guys for the amazingly intense work your putting in for us. I really can't wait to play this one!

Rathlon
07-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Too bad this only affects the default map and not Random Gen.
Though I wonder if this does add the listed stuff in random gen?

Uriziel
07-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Magoli's pack will add the listed stuff in random gen, my pack only affects Navezgane however

Ravenclaw
07-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Random thought, are super huge pre-fabs possible in random gen? Eg could you take copys of the major towns (the entire town) and make it a random gen prefab?

Or will the footprint really mess up the random gen world shape?

Hinkel
07-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I have a BIG question:

Can anybody tell me the positions of the Bunkers in this mod?
I really would love to see and walk down to one of these underground bunkers! :D

Thank you!

Uriziel
07-18-2015, 01:46 PM
In answer to both questions -

The super huge prefabs right now cannot be put in random gen (Or to the best of my knowledge, I believe Magoli is working on fixing this though, something about a size limitation)

Two - There are several locations of the bunkers, though the easiest to find is probably the one directly infront of the Large Alpine Lodge

Hinkel
07-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Sorry.. there is no bunker infront of the large alpine lodge.. :(
Just an army base:

No Bunker around..

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/445079220305020054/5F4A4897D3B0B6C734C8AA54313C98DFD313A714/

Uriziel
07-18-2015, 05:29 PM
There should be a small "shed" there (it has a yard enclosed by a wooden fence), if you break the metal floor plates, there is a bunker below them. If the shed isn't there then the pack did not install correctly.

If that is the case, you need to delete the region files (and map folder) for them to appear

SylenThunder
07-20-2015, 03:09 AM
I just made one of my servers with this and it's now public. Details are here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30941-Custom-Modded-Navezgane-Server&p=291123#post291123).

I did find that around 6N, 6E there is a underground bunker about 20 blocks below the top of the soil. Looks like it just got placed wrong. (although I have seen the mixer do this on random gen servers also.)

I may be slightly off on the position as I'm just sitting here looking at the map. I'll double-check it shortly.

Edit: Sitting in the middle of it, I'm at 5.3, -0.1, 5.3 so that's pretty close.

Uriziel
07-20-2015, 04:24 AM
I just made one of my servers with this and it's now public. Details are here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30941-Custom-Modded-Navezgane-Server&p=291123#post291123).

I did find that around 6N, 6E there is a underground bunker about 20 blocks below the top of the soil. Looks like it just got placed wrong. (although I have seen the mixer do this on random gen servers also.)

I may be slightly off on the position as I'm just sitting here looking at the map. I'll double-check it shortly.

Edit: Sitting in the middle of it, I'm at 5.3, -0.1, 5.3 so that's pretty close.

Yes, that bunker was supposed to switch locations and its set to 0, 0, 0. I just forgot to move it, thats on the to-fix list for the first update

Hinkel
07-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Any news? :(

Uriziel
07-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Any news? :(

The bunker location isn't a big enough problem to merit a whole new release of it, and as far as my testing its still compatible with 12.4, nothing was changed that affected it, and its running perfectly well.

I've been working on adding in some more prefabs, but I haven't added enough yet to release. This release had 65, the next release will be 100 total

mort_subite
07-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Two questions.

Do I need to do anything other than drop this file into my data folder allow whatever changes it makes?

Can I install this over top of an already existing local MP server Im running (server is the Navezgane map) and keep the current changes I've made (i.e., bases and stuff like that)?

Uriziel
07-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Two questions.

Do I need to do anything other than drop this file into my data folder allow whatever changes it makes?

Can I install this over top of an already existing local MP server Im running (server is the Navezgane map) and keep the current changes I've made (i.e., bases and stuff like that)?

You copy the prefabs to the data/prefabs folder, and the prefabs.xml to the data/worlds/navezgane folder, no other steps are needed

This will require a fresh map to use, however if your base is say in the snow biome, you can delete all the other regions except where your base is to populate them with the new buildings, however any regions that you don't delete will not be populated.

mort_subite
07-28-2015, 12:07 AM
You copy the prefabs to the data/prefabs folder, and the prefabs.xml to the data/worlds/navezgane folder, no other steps are needed

This will require a fresh map to use, however if your base is say in the snow biome, you can delete all the other regions except where your base is to populate them with the new buildings, however any regions that you don't delete will not be populated.

Thanks! Will use this for the next playthrough. Cheers!

GrizzlyAtoms
07-29-2015, 02:21 AM
Howdy,
Just started playing again after quite a while i think. Loads of new content and i'm fairly excited to see how much effort is put into 7dtd. I'm laying low this time and just running live free or die and this prefab. So far so good however after 2 hours of constant dying and cursing and raging, i would love some advice on a somewhat safe place to call home. I'm a huge sucker for bunkers but even after cheating and flying around i cannot seem to find anything. Anyone able to point me in the right direction of a few places to checkout? Thanks and stay safe!
Great work on the pre fab too btw.

Magoli
08-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Hey Uriziel

Today in the mornin i had a crazy Idea for a Prefab. But its nothing for RWG right now IMO !!!

So i can't use it my Pack right now !!!

Its already finished. Its a little Brail and looks very cool in that "big" Nava-sea in the middle of the map :)

10239 10240

If u like u can add it to your Pack ;)
I will send u the DL-Link now per PM

I have included the Coords from the Pics. But of course u can change them how ever u like ;)

best wishes
Mag

thatguyfromthequadcities
08-03-2015, 08:49 AM
So, I decided to download and install this mod, and I don't think I have ever had so much fun on a non-random gen map. At least, when playing by myself. I'm only to day 7, but I stumbled across a little town and was surprised to find a ways down the road a sweet bank with a few other new buildings. I loved exploring the bank because it felt like I was actually exploring a bank. I looted safes, smashed registers, "kicked down" doors. It was a blast.

I wish TFP would include more block options for mod enthusiasts to use. It would have been nice if the vault was filled with "lock boxes" and other safe-like storage. Also, being able to set the loot table for certain buildings for better themed gear.

Anyway, just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod and look forward to testing out more of your work in the future.

Uriziel
08-03-2015, 09:01 AM
So, I decided to download and install this mod, and I don't think I have ever had so much fun on a non-random gen map. At least, when playing by myself. I'm only to day 7, but I stumbled across a little town and was surprised to find a ways down the road a sweet bank with a few other new buildings. I loved exploring the bank because it felt like I was actually exploring a bank. I looted safes, smashed registers, "kicked down" doors. It was a blast.

I wish TFP would include more block options for mod enthusiasts to use. It would have been nice if the vault was filled with "lock boxes" and other safe-like storage. Also, being able to set the loot table for certain buildings for better themed gear.

Anyway, just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod and look forward to testing out more of your work in the future.

Thanks for the kind words, but all I did was assemble the work of others and place it within Navezgane. That being said you're welcome for my contribution, and I'm looking forward to releasing the 2.0 version sometime this upcoming week...
WITH ZIPLINES!
J/K

fireidar
08-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Question? Is there a map to this? There is ONE building I like in the list and want to build at. If I knew where it was I could head straight there on my first day, fortify it then leave every other day to looting, making items and killing zombies.

Uriziel
08-11-2015, 08:39 AM
If you tell me which building I can tell you where I put it. I'm working on a map for the 2nd version, but sadly real life is sucking. I don't want to adult anymore

Magoli
08-13-2015, 10:06 PM
hey Uriziel:

This could interrest u (if u don't already knew it):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?12750-Navezgane-POI-Expansion-Pack

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?17727-Navezgane-POI-Expansion-Pack-2-0https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?17727-Navezgane-POI-Expansion-Pack-2-0

This was the old Nava-Pack from Ekk0. But as u know the work has not continued.

The interresting part for u could be the map - where he signed in the Prefabs-positions.
(perhaps to find new spots - and get a visual overview of the map ;)

But if there where not only violett sqaures - but rather the names of the prefabs standing in there (or numbers of ur Prefabs-list!)
that would be more than fantastic !!!

I didn't found the time to take a walk through ur Nava-pack (shame on me!) But its written down on my list here bro ;)

When u want to drop the new version of it ???

Mag

Uriziel
08-14-2015, 02:32 AM
I know "soon" is a bad answer, but thats the best I've got. Between work and personal life I got killed there for a bit. The new version is about 90% done. I'll probably sit down tomorrow afternoon and slam the rest out and get a new version out on early/mid Saturday.

Thanks for the idea, I knew about the previous pack, but I didn't know he had put a map in, that should be quite helpful. Thanks Mag!

Uriziel
08-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Ok, I've literally worked on the pack since Friday night at around 10pm EST. I've pawed through prefab after prefab, location after location, and I'm nearing a 2.0 release. I didn't realize how many new prefabs there were to go through. My apologizes for the delay but rest assured I'm working on this with every free minute I can come up with

Magoli
08-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Its a hard knock live on us

Hehehehe

Take ur time man !!!

Mag

Uriziel
08-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Just an update. I've hit a wall, and I'm working very hard to get around it. After adding in prefab number 100, Navezgane has stopped allowing me to log in and instead I'm getting an endless "waiting for server". I've given the pack to 3 other people who are all having the same issue. However as soon as I track down the cause of this, V2 is ready to release

amazombie
09-06-2015, 07:59 PM
nice!

Uriziel
09-07-2015, 05:01 AM
Quick update guys. I've been being slammed at work, 80+ hours a week. I've got the pack about 99% done for V2 release. I can't promise when it'll be done, but I'm working every spare minute I can to try to fix old issues as well as adding in the new prefabs. I haven't abandoned it, so fear not. Just having some time issues

JaxTeller718
09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Just letting you know we are still in support of you, and we are eagerly anticipating your next genius work. The misses and I have always been a huge fan of Navezgane because RWG slows us down considerably since we share a connection. Your updates have made this game so much more enjoyable.

Any idea or hints as to what we will be seeing when this new pack does release?

Magoli
09-25-2015, 05:17 PM
I know that buddy !!!

heads up !!!

Next holliday will come !!!

Mag

Magoli
12-16-2015, 09:11 PM
I was so free to UPDATE the NAVEZHATTEN-PROJECT :)

HERE is the UPDATED NAVEZHATTEN-PROJECT (https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzy6l6zeb41utsk/Navezhatten_Alpha13_update%28by_magoli%29.zip?dl=0 )

Info:

The Navezgane-prefabs needs the Vanilla-prefabs and the Prefabs from the COMPOPACK12 to run !!!

I havent changed anything on the Spawning !!! (Its still Urziel's project guys !!!)

I have just brought Navezhatten to A13 - thats all !!!

my personal opinion on the map:
nice - better then the wellknown NAVA-map - but there is more potential in it, as in this current state.

But it s ok - for having some fun times in good old NAVEZGANE :)

Mag out

venom462
12-16-2015, 09:30 PM
...........................my ♥♥♥♥ing god!

The Last Survivor
12-16-2015, 10:04 PM
I was so free to UPDATE the NAVEZHATTEN-PROJECT :)

HERE is the UPDATED NAVEZHATTEN-PROJECT (https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzy6l6zeb41utsk/Navezhatten_Alpha13_update%28by_magoli%29.zip?dl=0 )

Info:

The Navezgane-prefabs needs the Vanilla-prefabs and the Prefabs from the COMPOPACK12 to run !!!

I havent changed anything on the Spawning !!! (Its still Urziel's project guys !!!)

nice - better then the wellknown NAVA-map - but there is more potential in it, as in this current state.

Mag out

WOW thanks! This is epic :D ..

ScubaSteve3465
12-17-2015, 12:45 AM
So to use this I need to have the Compo pack installed?

SylenThunder
12-17-2015, 01:09 AM
So to use this I need to have the Compo pack installed?
Yes, you need to have Magoli's Compo Pack installed. The download is merely the prefabs.xml for Navzegane.

From the instructions Magoli provided..
Install-instructions:

1. U have to have the COMPOPACK12 installed (and working) on ur PC !!!

2. exchange the prefabs.xml from the download to ur gamefolder ...\data\Worlds\Navezgane\

3. Start a new NAVA-GAME and explore the new buildings there :)

thats all

Info:

2015-dec-16
Magoli

ScubaSteve3465
12-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Ok one last quick question. Is all the loot and everything working correctly? Just wanted to make sure before I installed and rolled a new game.

hadez
12-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Ok one last quick question. Is all the loot and everything working correctly? Just wanted to make sure before I installed and rolled a new game.

Havent had any prob here other then some beds etc rotated wrong but thats nothing to me.

venom462
12-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Did the new patch break it? :/

Uriziel
12-17-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm actually testing it now to see if anything is broken/missing. I've got a few days off over Christmas and I'm hoping to release a new pack

venom462
12-17-2015, 07:26 PM
rock on!

Uriziel
12-17-2015, 07:28 PM
I can't thank Mag enough for picking up the ball when I dropped it, but 80+ hours a week at work didn't leave me much time for games. I'm currently fighting my 7DTD client, so I'm having trouble doing any testing, but will get it resolved hopefully

Apocalypticus
12-17-2015, 07:55 PM
PreFabs army_camp_01_burnt / grass / snow changed into army_camp_01 / 02 / 03 (6 files total, old ones are deleted)

While this is not a problem in Magolis Compo-pack, the Navezhattan prefabs.xml used the old names.
I edited the prefabs.xml from Navezhattan to fit the new names. I'm not a modder and don't know if that's all what to do. I just had some time ;-)
I started a new game (never played Navezhattan before) and played for an hour without problems.
Maybe it helps.

www.penno.net/7dtd/prefabs.zip

Magoli
12-17-2015, 09:52 PM
PreFabs army_camp_01_burnt / grass / snow changed into army_camp_01 / 02 / 03 (6 files total, old ones are deleted)

While this is not a problem in Magolis Compo-pack, the Navezhattan prefabs.xml used the old names.
I edited the prefabs.xml from Navezhattan to fit the new names. I'm not a modder and don't know if that's all what to do. I just had some time ;-)
I started a new game (never played Navezhattan before) and played for an hour without problems.
Maybe it helps.

haha - where was my head ????

yo - thx - totally forgot to add this :doh::doh::doh:

@OP:
no big deal Urziel :) - didnt took an hour. I only just changed the names and removed all the wasteland_cars from the prefabs.xml
(they are gone in a13 now!)

that is all - good to hear from U again.

Mag

Villious
12-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey guys....a quick question. Not sure if this mod is working or not, but when I copy the Navezhatten files over to my server, the server starts, but I cant see it in the server list or connect to it. If I put the prefab directory and file back to default, I can see the server and log into it fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Magoli
12-17-2015, 10:58 PM
Hey guys....a quick question. Not sure if this mod is working or not, but when I copy the Navezhatten files over to my server, the server starts, but I cant see it in the server list or connect to it. If I put the prefab directory and file back to default, I can see the server and log into it fine. Am I doing something wrong?

have u exchanged the prefabs.xml too

in the Worlds-folder (Navezgane OFC)

U have to exchange this file too. And the Prefabs from the Prefabns-folder OFC !!!

mag

Villious
12-18-2015, 01:26 AM
I exchanged the entire prefabs folder, and the prefabs.xml in the worlds/navezgane folder.

Magoli
12-18-2015, 12:28 PM
I exchanged the entire prefabs folder, and the prefabs.xml in the worlds/navezgane folder.

wow - what could that be ???

Perhaps try a complete new game install !!!

Also install complete new on the server !!

In most cases all Issues are gone after a new install.
Some guys have trouble with the new 13.3 - update.
Especially when they was in the game when the update dopped !!
Seems the update corrupted a important file !!!

The Prefab-files are OK - Also the prefabs.xml !!! It spawns perfectly in SP !!!
It must be a network-issue !!!

Mag

Villious
12-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Thanks Mag. I'll give it a shot!

Villious
12-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Do you have to have EAC disabled to use this mod?

SylenThunder
12-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Do you have to have EAC disabled to use this mod?
No, you can use it with EAC as it does not change any core game files and EAC ignores changes to the xml's.

Personally though, I'd recommend against EAC due to the performance impact it is currently having on the client.

LeSelfish
12-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Hey Guys,
First, Thank you for your hard work and that you share it with us (:
I just got a few questions.
In this prefab is there still veins everywhere like in A13 ?
And is there the new items in loot like Machete and all that stuff ?
Sorry guys if there are stupid questions i didnt spent much time with this modding things so dont be hard with me^^

Magoli
12-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Hey Guys,
First, Thank you for your hard work and that you share it with us (:
I just got a few questions.
In this prefab is there still veins everywhere like in A13 ?
And is there the new items in loot like Machete and all that stuff ?
Sorry guys if there are stupid questions i didnt spent much time with this modding things so dont be hard with me^^

dont understood the first question. veins???

to the 2nd question: No worries - u can expect the same Loot like u have in a Vanilla-game. I didn't modify the Loot.xml !!!

nice u like the PACK - welcome on forums

Mag

SylenThunder
12-19-2015, 12:16 AM
The ore veins should still be random like in Vanilla, but I have not tested it yet.

The-Walking-Dad
12-19-2015, 12:23 AM
This looks great on paper (not doubting you at all, just have no experience with this kind of pack). How do I install it properly, if you'd be so kind?

ScubaSteve3465
12-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Oh so this version also has the beds and pipe rotations wrong. Eh its an amazing mod/pack but the blocks when turned like that really kill certain prefabs and kinda ruins the immersion factor. I'll prolly just wait until the Comp pack gets updated and fixed then give this a go.

Magoli
12-19-2015, 12:28 PM
This looks great on paper (not doubting you at all, just have no experience with this kind of pack). How do I install it properly, if you'd be so kind?

Install-instructions:

1. U have to have the COMPOPACK12 installed (and working) on ur PC !!!

2. exchange the prefabs.xml from the download to ur gamefolder ...\data\Worlds\Navezgane\

3. Start a new NAVA-GAME and explore the new buildings there :)

IMPORTANT:

PLS USE THIS (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30553-The-Navezhattan-Project&p=363050&viewfull=1#post363050) PREFABS.XML INSTEED OF MINE !!!

thats all
mag

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Thanks for watching the thread Mag, you beat me to explaining that by a few minutes :P

The-Walking-Dad
12-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Thank you Mag.

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 01:21 PM
I unfortunately still don't exactly understand how to install this.

I transfer and replace all the files from the download into my Data folder and replace everything, but when I start a new game, the game just closes without so much as an error message.

Magoli
12-19-2015, 02:02 PM
I unfortunately still don't exactly understand how to install this.

I transfer and replace all the files from the download into my Data folder and replace everything, but when I start a new game, the game just closes without so much as an error message.

as far as u discribed - all should be fine !!

hmmm

- is it the same when u try to lunch the game WITOUT EAC ??? (via steam)

- can u get an COMPOPACK rwg-map running ???

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 02:34 PM
as far as u discribed - all should be fine !!

hmmm

- is it the same when u try to lunch the game WITOUT EAC ??? (via steam)

- can u get an COMPOPACK rwg-map running ???

I never run the game with EAC, I just launch the game.

And whats a Compopack rwg-map?

I'm sorry I'm not very good at modding 7DTD.

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:01 PM
I never run the game with EAC, I just launch the game.

And whats a Compopack rwg-map?

I'm sorry I'm not very good at modding 7DTD.

This pack depends on Mag's pack to run for the actual buildings/prefabs. Basically all I did when I made it was take Mag's pack and scatter it around Navezgane. If you install his pack, then put the files from this pack in, both should work. His is the CompoPack for random gen

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 03:05 PM
This pack depends on Mag's pack to run for the actual buildings/prefabs. Basically all I did when I made it was take Mag's pack and scatter it around Navezgane. If you install his pack, then put the files from this pack in, both should work. His is the CompoPack for random gen

Ohhhhhh damn, I thought something else! That's probably why, I downloaded and used this but never Mag's original pack. That would really explain things!

Sorry for my ineptitude, but thank you so much for the help!

Edit: Damn, it still crashed.

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Do you know how to verify your files in Steam? Cause you might want to do that and start fresh. It sounds like there could be a few issues

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Yeah, what I've been doing was deleting the game Data folder and verifying Cache since the mod doesn't touch the other folders.

Do I need a complete, fresh reinstall?

Magoli
12-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Yeah, what I've been doing was deleting the game Data folder and verifying Cache since the mod doesn't touch the other folders.

Do I need a complete, fresh reinstall?

No - the data-folder is enough :)

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Nope, if you've done that and will give me about...3 minutes, I'll post detailed instructions for you

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Nope, if you've done that and will give me about...3 minutes, I'll post detailed instructions for you

Thanks.. I hate to make you guys go through this just to explain it to me, I appreciate it.

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Ok, so here we go.

Download and install Mag's Pack. To do this you'll copy everything from his pack, folder by folder to the matching folder of your 7 days to die folders. Then you'll download this

Install that in your config folder, over-write the current file. Once this is done, start the game. If you encounter an issue report back, and I'll see if I can help you more.

Remember to over-write the files when prompted.

If you need more indepth instructions I can try to simplify it a bit more

And don't worry about it at all man, when I wrote this pack the first time I didn't have a CLUE what I was doing when I started, I learned as I went so helping people is no big deal

rokhard
12-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Quick Question: How do I tell which region I'm in, so I can just delete everything else? Im about to go into my game to see if I can figure it out, but I'l lpost here anyway.

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:50 PM

Can't remember who made it, but this map is invaluable to Navezgane players

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Ok, so here we go.

Download and install Mag's Pack. To do this you'll copy everything from his pack, folder by folder to the matching folder of your 7 days to die folders. Then you'll download this

Install that in your config folder, over-write the current file. Once this is done, start the game. If you encounter an issue report back, and I'll see if I can help you more.

Remember to over-write the files when prompted.

If you need more indepth instructions I can try to simplify it a bit more

And don't worry about it at all man, when I wrote this pack the first time I didn't have a CLUE what I was doing when I started, I learned as I went so helping people is no big deal

I encountered a discrepancy. I copied all the files from Mag's pack, but when I go to my Config folder, there isn't a prefabs.xml in there to replace! I can put in the new XML fine, but does there need to be one already there to be replaced? Or do I go into Worlds and replace the prefabs.xml in there with the new one?

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 03:52 PM
You replace the prefabs.xml in Worlds.

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 04:03 PM
You replace the prefabs.xml in Worlds.

Alright, I installed Mags pack and replaced the Navezgane prefabs.xml with the one you gave me.

Now I just install Navezhattan and I should be good?

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Yup, that should do it. If it crashes now we'll know to look for another solution other than installation

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 04:08 PM
I just updated the main post with Mag's Navezhattan fix, make sure thats the file you're using for Navezhattan, otherwise it might break the game.

My fault!

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Hold on a minute, when I install Navezhattan, do I just put the Navezhattan folder in the Worlds folder along with RandomGen and Navezgane? Or do I copy the data into the other folders?

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 04:13 PM
It goes in the Navezgane folders corresponding to the 7DTD folders. So you install it like you did Mag's pack

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 04:15 PM
It goes in the Navezgane folders corresponding to the 7DTD folders. So you install it like you did Mag's pack

So since you updated the main page with the new prefabs.xml, should I just install the Prefabs folder from the original Navezhattan.rar instead of also installing the prefabs.xml in the Worlds folder?

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Completely ignore Navezhattan.rar. It was made for A12.0 or A12.1 and until we were chatting I forgot it was even still up

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Oh jeez, so that must've also been a problem. I've been using that this whole time! So I just needed to install Mags pack and install the new prefabs.xml and it's done?

rokhard
12-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Ok. So I found out Im in region 1,0. I deleted everything else, and started my game. My player map still looks the same, and I travelled a region over, and its still how I left it, last time I was there.. I dont understand. I only have the one Navesgane world, so, I know I deleted the right folder. Are the regions bigger than this picture now, by chance? I'd rather not start a new map, unless I absolutely have to.

Uriziel
12-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Researching...

- - - Updated - - -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?1832-Soo-i-came-up-with-resetting-the-map-without-destroying-my-base

Bit old but this should still work

- - - Updated - - -

Oh jeez, so that must've also been a problem. I've been using that this whole time! So I just needed to install Mags pack and install the new prefabs.xml and it's done?

Yup, all your problems have been not your fault, but mine for leaving an old download on my post, sorry bout that

Scottvrakis
12-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Researching...

- - - Updated - - -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?1832-Soo-i-came-up-with-resetting-the-map-without-destroying-my-base

Bit old but this should still work

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, all your problems have been not your fault, but mine for leaving an old download on my post, sorry bout that

Oh dude, don't even worry about it. I'm just glad we managed to get this fixed before it effected anymore people. Cheers! And lovely work!

rokhard
12-19-2015, 05:44 PM
CAn someone tell me where the save file data is? I cant find any correct info anywhere.

Crock
12-23-2015, 12:46 AM
Will this work in random gen??

Magoli
12-23-2015, 09:50 AM
CAn someone tell me where the save file data is? I cant find any correct info anywhere.

C:\Users\Magoli\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\N avezgane

@rokhard: OFC this is NOT working in rwg !!! For rwg we have the COMPOPACK for randomgen (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen)

Mag

Henshaw
12-23-2015, 06:57 PM

That's a horribly outdated map. The map has been expanded after that was made.

Here's a link for the A12 one which should still be exact as of A13.5:
Navezgane A12 Map (http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/7daystodie.gamepedia.com/6/6c/15LL3qC_-_Imgur.jpg)

Only marked location missed in it is the Shamway store central East of the map. It still shows on the map, just not marked. Edit: Right below Campsite 13.

Edit2: After going through the map carefully this time (it's my home away from home after all), I noticed also 2 campsites in the desert weren't marked... Just so you all know to look a bit more carefully... :-)

The Last Survivor
12-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Will this work in random gen??

No.. It is for Navezgane only..

ganga
01-14-2016, 05:38 AM
Me and a friend play a private game. I always connect to his game cause its saved on his pc. If he installs this mod will we lose our progress?

Also do both of us need to install mod for it to work?

Magoli
01-14-2016, 12:22 PM
Me and a friend play a private game. I always connect to his game cause its saved on his pc. If he installs this mod will we lose our progress?

Also do both of us need to install mod for it to work?

No - just the host of the map needs to install the pack

Mag

DJNOOB
01-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Tried this out using the latest combo pack and magoli's prefab.xml. Seemed to work ok for a bit but then I reached a point where I started getting errors and the terrain stopped generating. At that point the game just broke.

I also noticed that on some of the buildings the placement height was wrong. So at this point using this is a no go.

Uriziel
01-21-2016, 04:12 AM
I apologize for this pack being neglected, my job is keeping me busy almost from the time I wake up until I go back to bed. (Its more of ambling run at this point, two nights ago I actually fell asleep a few feet from the bed). I'm working on fixing the pack for A13 in every spare moment I have, I do swear it.

Uriziel
01-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen and Shmizmars, Thanks to Mother Nature dumping snow all over the Southeastern half of America, I've got 3 entire days now with NO WORK! I'm sitting down as I type this to completely revamp Navezhattan for A13 with Mag's newest pack. Also I've got some messages out to some other people who have done great prefabs I'd like to include. There should be an update to make it workable by morning, and a fully functional pack by Saturday Afternoon.

In addition I'll be working on a new spawner for Navezgane based game (This will be totally optional), as well as a mod Ive been tinkering with for a long time to give zombies classes. (Cops as Tank/Siege Zombies, Ferals as true Boss zombies, assassin type zombies with low HP and high damage etc)

KorruptkSwades
01-28-2016, 03:35 AM
alright so how much dirt is a "bit of dirt" ? ^^ ive got the dirt in buildings glitch.... -> 0_0!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610023457 screenie #1

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610023187 screenie #2

i've installed the compopack first, then yours. and started a new navezgame game in sp mode.

SylenThunder
01-28-2016, 03:54 AM
alright so how much dirt is a "bit of dirt" ? ^^ ive got the dirt in buildings glitch.... -> 0_0!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610023457 screenie #1

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610023187 screenie #2

i've installed the compopack first, then yours. and started a new navezgame game in sp mode.
LOL that looks like a spawn issue. Since it's not RWG, I'd imagine it's simply a typo on the spawn coords for that prefab. Where is that located?

Needs a few blocks more vertical power. ;P

Uriziel
01-28-2016, 04:09 AM
That uhm...thats not a bug its a feature, you get some dirt with your McDonalds...

I'll check in to that, but that building isn't even in the "new pack", are you sure you've got the newest one installed?

The one from the Navezhattan 13.6 thread?

http://www.filedropper.com/navezhattenprojecta136v21

I currently can't edit the first post of this thread anymore, hence why I started the 2nd thread

abc9876
01-28-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm having a blast playing this mod. However to make it challenging with all the loot I have increased the zombie spawn by a factor of 4 in every biome per area and they respawn after 2 days instead of 4. Dogs also spawn in every biome, number of wandering hordes are greatly increased and the 7th day hordes contain cops and ferals since day 7.

The only prefabs which I have found so far that is way too overpowered is the airfield in the desert. Way too many loot containers and oil barrels.

Its awesome nonetheless~

rokhard
04-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Any chance of an update?

KLOWN
04-05-2016, 08:18 PM
would love one aswell

Brotte
05-12-2016, 08:47 AM
I really miss this too :blue:

Alphado-Jaki
06-21-2016, 01:13 AM
Any update?
I really miss you Uriziel.

Sorrowthief
07-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Any update?
I really miss you Uriziel.
Yea I loved this map so much wish it would get updated as well. I tried following the old links to download the old version so that I might could up date this myself but all the links are to dead ends it seems. Is a shame was one of my best memories running this map on a server with my friends.

Anyone got the old files by chance? I'd be glad to try and remake it if I had the files

Moezso
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Would be really awesome if someone updated it. I would do it myself but alas, I have not the skills required.

Uriziel
08-25-2016, 10:28 PM
I've returned, sort-of, came back a few days ago, looked at the prefabs etc. Right now I'm in a holding pattern for A15 to drop because there looks like some pretty big changes coming to it. Its very possible I will update this for A15, but its not a quick job, especially given that I'm not 100% sure what landscapes are changing, so I'm very hesitant to update it until I can look at the new Navezgane map.

Garfink
09-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Looking forward to your update in A15!

kaneta1
09-06-2016, 04:03 AM
Let me tell you this first.I can't English language

This is Compopack_22 and form new prefabs combined α14.7 Nevezgane data

Add to building about 70

Thank you so much for all prefabs gave me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f645omtwdg7vkts/COMPOPACK_22%20%20for%20Mavezgane%201.0.zip?dl=0

KLOWN
10-27-2016, 10:17 PM
plz comeback lol
i understand real life
this really made the game more fun and really hope you can do a update when time permits
take care!! and thnx for the time you put in for our enjoyment