PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics 12.4 Bullets stop registering hits after 3 or 4 shots

Gazz
07-25-2015, 07:19 AM
http://youtu.be/vhSRrTTzwhQ

As you can see, I'm not trying any trick shooting here. I'm trying to hit the ground right in front of me.

After firing the 3rd or 4th shots, bullets stop connecting.

After the 15th shot, they resume connecting and the gun works fine... except for the absence of the crosshairs.

And yes, that also happens when shooting at zombies. It's just easier to demonstrate with a target that doesn't move.

This is the only serious bug I've yet encountered in 12.4 so not too bad overall. =)

Migamix
07-25-2015, 08:31 AM
this is a bloody frustrating bug. and was not in 12.3, imagine my surprise when logging back into a MP game, getting overrun, and my gun (purple pistol) stop doing any damage point blank. how did this get broken and even put into the game in this state.

dev convo?
George: "hey, let's screw with the reticule....OK done... don't think it broke anything and not going to bother testing, what's the next thing we can screw up John?"
John: "how about making forge bellows damn near impossible to create by requiring hide from animals that can't be found in multiplayer servers... yeah... great way to screw with them George. let's do it...."

TGP, do you even play 7D2D.

Gazz
07-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Further information:

http://youtu.be/IBQrH4cgPs4

Here I modded a weapon that shows what's happening.

Pay attention to where the particles show on the road.

Eventually there is a rollover in this accrued inaccuracy value and the weapon becomes perfectly accurate.

What's missing is a working cap to the inaccuracy from shooting. Other than that the feature works. =)

Gazz
08-04-2015, 11:43 AM
There is actually a positive side-effect to all this.

If you shoot enough bullets to "break" the crosshairs and rollover into super-accuracy,
shotguns have zero spread.
All pellets (rays) impact exactly where you aim. Who needs slugs? =)

mikroorganismus
08-04-2015, 01:05 PM
I think something similar happens when shooting while moving.
That one bear was like 5 blocks away attacking me, i was running backwards and emptied 3 magazines with my blue pistol. 2 or 3 shots hit, like if i never used a gun before - biggest "f*** u game" moment ever :D

SylenThunder
08-04-2015, 02:09 PM
This is also why we cannot use the auger right now. After a couple seconds, it hits blocks in every direction except the one you're aiming in.

Gazz
08-04-2015, 04:19 PM
If you're willing to waste some gas you can use it.
Just need to "get over the hump". Then it shoots forward again =P

stallionsden
08-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Also in addition to this. Some times you shoot and the bullet goes thru where your trying to shoot and hits a block several blocks awayin the same row as the part you were shooting