PDA

View Full Version : My Multi Store Prefab

ANT
08-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys

This is my first major prefab and I thought id share it with you guys :)

just add the files to you prefab folder and these lines to your rwgmixer

under
<prefab_rule name="cityBuildingsRare">

add
<prefab rule="multiStore" max_count="2"/>

and then add

<prefab_rule name="multiStore">
<prefab name="multi_store_01" prob="0.5"/>
</prefab_rule>

further down the mixer ( I put mine in between parking and gun store)

and BOOM

tell me what you guys think :D

h0tr0d
08-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys

This is my first major prefab and I thought id share it with you guys :)

just add the files to you prefab folder and these lines to your rwgmixer

under
<prefab_rule name="cityBuildingsRare">

add
<prefab rule="multiStore" max_count="2"/>

and then add

further down the mixer ( I put mine in between parking and gun store)

and BOOM

tell me what you guys think :D

Pics! egads man! We crave sustenance!

ANT
08-04-2015, 06:22 PM
sigh were is the mystery in that :P
ahh ok

there you only get one :P
oh and beware the FPS drop :( not entirely sure what causes it maybe devs could take a look at it :P

Magoli
08-04-2015, 06:27 PM
cool - thx a lot for this

I will take a walk through it soon today ;)

Can I have the permision to add it to the COMPO-Pack for RandomGen ???

best regards
Mag

Magoli
08-04-2015, 06:33 PM
wow - now that i see the pic - I have to let it spawn right now.

This looks so amazing. Once again thx for sharing this !!

ANT
08-04-2015, 06:36 PM
ya sure nps.

it will likely need tweaks cos I turned all the lights on inside so I could see what I was doing and to get a good look at the place but that's a easy fix but any suggestions are welcome :)

also some might think there is to many supply crates but again it can be tweaked or just make the building super rare :P but 1/2 the time you never get what ya want so more the merrier I say :P

bigc90210
08-04-2015, 07:04 PM
ya sure nps.

it will likely need tweaks cos I turned all the lights on inside so I could see what I was doing and to get a good look at the place but that's a easy fix but any suggestions are welcome :)

also some might think there is to many supply crates but again it can be tweaked or just make the building super rare :P but 1/2 the time you never get what ya want so more the merrier I say :P

if youre getting FPS drops relating to prefabs is quite often to do with how many light sources are in there. Try removing some to see an increase in FPS usually

- - - Updated - - -

great prefab btw! looking forward to seeing more stuff like this from you! :D

Laz Man
08-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Congrats on your first major creation! Looks good. :)

rghmodz
08-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing it :D

bigc90210
08-04-2015, 07:39 PM
after checking out the prefab here is some constructive feedback:

1. Very nice prefab, well thought out and looks great
2. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many loot items. Sooooo many medicine cabinets and book shelves and ammo shelves. In a real game, whoever gets to this prefab first / sets up base here will have a massive advantage over the rest
3. The base on the roof is ok, though there being crops and especially a gun safe on the roof is very questionable consider removing the gun safe
4. The structural design is very good
5. Regarding loot, use cardboard boxes instead of crates, otherwise if someone walks into here, they will be a walking tank by the time they leave
5. Overall prefab itself is great, though the balance is way off. This is easily fixed though and is the most common mistakes prefabbers make. reduce the amount of pills/ammo crates/bookshelves drastically and I can see this being a very popular prefab. The question you should be asking yourself is: "If I put this in the game, will it fit in/keep the game balanced?" At present the answer is no, but with a small amount of tweaking it could be.

There was a really REALLY good prefab made in ~alpha 7+ which was a house and featured a bunker underneith with a massive supply of ammo, food etc. Everyone loved the prefab, but it was so unbalanced that there were several modded versions of it cut down that eventually became more popular than the original. That was the first thing i was reminded of having a look around here.

Great to see you getting into modding though, you've definitely got some skills!

ANT
08-04-2015, 09:10 PM

2. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many loot items. Sooooo many medicine cabinets and book shelves and ammo shelves. In a real game, whoever gets to this prefab first / sets up base here will have a massive advantage over the rest
3. The base on the roof is ok, though there being crops and especially a gun safe on the roof is very questionable consider removing the gun safe
5. Regarding loot, use cardboard boxes instead of crates, otherwise if someone walks into here, they will be a walking tank by the time they leave
5. Overall prefab itself is great, though the balance is way off. This is easily fixed though and is the most common mistakes prefabbers make. reduce the amount of pills/ammo crates/bookshelves drastically and I can see this being a very popular prefab. The question you should be asking yourself is: "If I put this in the game, will it fit in/keep the game balanced?" At present the answer is no, but with a small amount of tweaking it could be.

There was a really REALLY good prefab made in ~alpha 7+ which was a house and featured a bunker underneith with a massive supply of ammo, food etc. Everyone loved the prefab, but it was so unbalanced that there were several modded versions of it cut down that eventually became more popular than the original. That was the first thing i was reminded of having a look around here.

Great to see you getting into modding though, you've definitely got some skills!

Thanks ya thought the pills were a little over the top as the book shelves but I did that mostly for realism cos shops try not to have empty / wasted shelf space, and because the think you most want in a pharmacy when you raid one is antibiotics and even with all them cabinets your unlikely to get many or any same for the book stores me and a mate play a co-op together a lot and we both find it hard to get some of the plans ive even made my cities 414x828 in size witch is great for exploring and I make it so every rare store spawns at a max of 2 per city and my multi store is set to only spawn in a city (its in the doc file that comes with the prefab :P)
so far on our newest game we still have yet to find the mini bike plans :P

suppose it depends what level you are when you find it

but I will think of a way to shrink the shelves and yes same for the supply crates ill drop a few and replace a few with cardboard boxes (totally forgot about them :P don't know how as I did make a nice warehouse that was well balanced with supplies and card boxes so dunno why I never for this lol

as for the roof it was ment to be a little scene were 2 other survivors had setup a base on the roof and were over come by another 2 survivors that lured a horde on to them and in the end they all died in a gun fight. If you go back an look at the positioning for the 4 dead bodies on the roof you might get a sense of what I mean :) and there was gore piles originally piled up at the ladders but I suppose they might have dissolved away depending on how long it took you to get up there

the gun safe I ill be keeping there but will get repositioned to on it side to look as if it was pushed over to use as cover :P might make it easier to make it look like fire fight

ill also be turning some lights off to add a better atmos and to up the FPS :)

thanks for the feed back so far ill get on modding / tweaking it and ill re-add a 2.0 after some more feedback or suggestions :)

Magoli
08-04-2015, 09:21 PM

dito ;)

Here are just a few Tipps to get the Lootcontainer-amount to a "normal" and balanced Level :

* Instead of placing 3 filecabinet - just set ONE (and perhaps a painting) - same thing for nightstands,desks,crates,cabinets !!!
* Instead of just cabinets - use cabinetfiller sometimes
* Storageshelves are pretty nice placefillers and deco.
* Instead of Loot-chests (Apache,Wooden) use "Empty" Chests like "securestoragechest01"
* be careful with Safes,Corpses,Supplycrates
* Try to remember a vanillahouse - and get ur ideas of how many Lootcrates are would be there !
* Try to use a DecoBlock for the thing u want to build - instead of a Lootcontainer

I know - the hardest thing for us Prefabbers is not not build that house/bunker/mansion !!!
Its to take care of not to have to much Loot inside !!!

This is a mistake almost all Prefabbers makes at the beginning (me too!!!).

Always remember the word: Survival !!!

OK - thats all

@OP:
Please dont take this as critic - I just wanted to give a little help

:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Mag

Gamida
08-04-2015, 09:23 PM
I've never created a prefab/mod and probably never will so this may sound like nit picking. I would have put the Pass-N-Gas on the ground floor as it is a gas station.

Edit: forgot to say good job, it's like a mini mall, one stop shopping....

Laz Man
08-04-2015, 09:26 PM
I've never created a prefab/mod and probably never will so this may sound like nit picking. I would have put the Pass-N-Gas on the ground floor as it is a gas station.

Edit: forgot to say good job, it's like a mini mall, one stop shopping....

This prefab is for the sci fi mod where we have flying mini bikes...:)

Gamida
08-04-2015, 09:30 PM
This prefab is for the sci fi mod where we have flying mini bikes...:)

ahhhh well then I stand corrected....:encouragement:

los_re
08-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Further down the mixer you add
</prefab_rule>

Without last line you get error message when you get ingame. :P

I just put the prefab, can't wait to check it out. Thank you :D

ANT
08-05-2015, 08:36 PM
ah yes just spotted I missed that in the description :P edited it now :P TY

I have updated the prefab and made changes to the loot / lighting and removed the gun safe from the roof cos I couldn't get it in the position I wanted and other thing suggested ill upload another day after more ppl have tested the refab and given feed back