PDA

View Full Version : Graphics NO 1 .. Mother of all bugs ! aka THE GLITCH

jsokolic
08-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Hello
in my opinion NO 1 bug in the game at the moment is ground glitch, It has been present in the game since day 1 and it is still not fixed...
There is nothing worse than getting shot trough ground by someone going into the glitch, not to mention that cheaters that go into glitch can see your hidden underground chests, or even destroy underground claims by shooting them with sniper...
you guys focus on making nicer graphics, zombie faces, minibikes and other not that important stuff and NO 1 worst bug off all times is being ignored.

p.s. as you probably know there is two easy ways to go into the glitch, and that just sucks.

Grimmycakes
08-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Hello jsokolic. Please could you tell me how to produce the issue so I can give it to the developers and hopefully have this fixed for you =]

jsokolic
08-17-2015, 05:24 PM
I can do even better, I made a little video demonstration on how to do it... and how it works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE2LhzTJ7E

And there is not a single multiplayer server where I did not see this being used either for raiding
or killing players... I got 2000+ hours in a game so far... played on lot's of server's, and I tell you
this is being used all the time, getting killed trough this graphics glitch just sucks so hard,
also you are not able to hide your chests or your underground base because it's just so easy to find
using this bug.

So in my opinion this is currently on of the major bugs and it need's to be fixed somehow.

Laz Man
08-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for reporting the bug. They actually fixed this before. It seems like this is a newer variation of it caused by the use of ladders on organic blocks.

Hopefully the devs can fix this one too.

jsokolic
08-17-2015, 07:45 PM
they never fixed it... it was here by day 1... And I have been killed trough glitch at least a dozen times...
also some of my impossible to find chests were just found and stolen multiple times on different servers,
my claims have been shoot and destroyed couple of times by people using this glitch, so it is really nasty
glitch, and I hope that by making this post it will draw attention of Pimp's , and it will get patched.

Grimmycakes
08-17-2015, 08:58 PM
I can do even better, I made a little video demonstration on how to do it... and how it works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFE2LhzTJ7E

And there is not a single multiplayer server where I did not see this being used either for raiding
or killing players... I got 2000+ hours in a game so far... played on lot's of server's, and I tell you
this is being used all the time, getting killed trough this graphics glitch just sucks so hard,
also you are not able to hide your chests or your underground base because it's just so easy to find
using this bug.

So in my opinion this is currently on of the major bugs and it need's to be fixed somehow.

Thank you very much for the video. This is greatly appreciated =] I have reported the collision issue and will hopefully be able to reply back to you soon.

wonthisscar
08-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Great that the collision bug has been reported so effectively. There is also a third way to glitch that involves using a tunnel that is too small to walk through whilst standing and "forcing" yourself into it. Similar to the glitch with placing block above head but in this case the blocks are already there.

Pimperella
09-28-2015, 04:14 PM
I've also noticed the small tunnel glitch. It seems that all "natural" materials have a performance hack which only renders the direct surface to the players to me.

Some sort of quick hack / solution could be to render a bigger area surrounding the player and not only 1 tile. I'll try to explain my idea in a 2D/ASCII tunnel:

current:
*P*
*P*

fix:
**P**
**P**

P=player crouching
*=stone / dirt / any not crafted material you can glitch through

After thinking about it right now it could be also be sufficient to render all stone (etc) blocks completely surrounding the player, not just the surface, so even if a player glitches through a tunnel wall he will just see the inner part of a stone block.

PS: I'm a database / backend guy and never did any 3D programming, so maybe it's just crap what I was thinking, but it would be nice to know if it makes any sense what I've written here.

DerPopo
10-05-2015, 06:45 PM
The latter would require using roughly the double amount of vertices which means much more GPU power would be required.
The "easiest" solution to the problem in general is to test if the camera is inside a block/collides and fill the screen with a texture if it is (even though this doesn't work that good if only one part of the camera is inside the block).
Anyone who creates a hack can of course remove that overlay but it would at least make exploiting that glitch harder for normal players.

imhotep856
11-26-2015, 06:50 AM
i noticed it while riding minibike in a tunnel

Deccypher
11-26-2015, 08:31 AM
1 other way to do it now is ride a minibike though a tunnel you can just fit in and get of the bike. pop your though the map

h0tr0d
11-26-2015, 08:57 AM
ergh I didn't even know this existed again! Great posts.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Great Scott!

Lordicon
12-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Been a long time since I made a post or visited this site, Been away for so long due to personal reasons.

Nice to know this is still going on after all the updates to the game. Easy fix though. Just do a calculation on the player shooting and if he is shooting from below ground level up to a player above ground level slap a auto server ban on him. No reason why anyone should be able to shoot someone from below the ground unless they have a underground base and for some reason are shooting up their own ladder which no one does...

Anyone abusing servers by exploiting a glitch should be ban from ALL servers, If they try and cheat once they will do it again and again.

jsokolic
12-15-2015, 07:02 PM
It's a bug that is just being ignored... instead of fixing things they focus on
all the wrong things and breaking even more stuff that worked before... just
take a look at latest A13... game is not even playable anymore, duplication
bugs everywhere... graphic glitches, fps drops... etc... and gamebreaking bug
like this one is still there :D

Sinz
01-03-2016, 10:54 AM
It's a bug that is just being ignored... instead of fixing things they focus on
all the wrong things and breaking even more stuff that worked before... just
take a look at latest A13... game is not even playable anymore, duplication
bugs everywhere... graphic glitches, fps drops... etc... and gamebreaking bug
like this one is still there :D

Have to agree... =(
Sad that such important fundamentals are neglected in a game that could be so good if they weren't.
The concept of the game is a huge hit but until the MANY game breaking/abusable bugs are fixed it's really no good.
It drives me crazy cause I love the concept of the game, It has so much potential!
Then every single patch that comes out hordes of players come flocking just to quit again....

xXC.H.U.DXx
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM
The Zombie Spawn is the Biggest Glitch of them all.Its just a PVP game now

Klendathou
02-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Ok devs here is a once and for all fix. Create maximized space occluder quads within each solid portion of the chunk. This can be optimized or even simplified by only creating occluders for chunks that are completely solid. This would allow large quads to be generated below the isosurface that would prevent rendering of objects once inside the glitch and not require excessive amounts of verts. To reduce further combine the completely solid chunks into one geometric shape and produce quads along its boundaries. So 9 solid chunks that form a large cube would only require 24 verts to occlude from all sides instead of 216 (which is still pretty minimal). BLUF chunks that are completely below the isosurface render as a cube that acts as an occluder.

jordanmw
02-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Ok devs here is a once and for all fix. Create maximized space occluder quads within each solid portion of the chunk. This can be optimized or even simplified by only creating occluders for chunks that are completely solid. This would allow large quads to be generated below the isosurface that would prevent rendering of objects once inside the glitch and not require excessive amounts of verts. To reduce further combine the completely solid chunks into one geometric shape and produce quads along its boundaries. So 9 solid chunks that form a large cube would only require 24 verts to occlude from all sides instead of 216 (which is still pretty minimal). BLUF chunks that are completely below the isosurface render as a cube that acts as an occluder.

Nice- this is exactly what my buddy and I came up with- almost. Yours solution is what TFP should be looking at for a fix.

jordanmw
02-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Sounds like they are working on exactly this fix... go figure.

jsokolic
03-12-2016, 10:04 PM
There is such an easy solution to this problem... just prevent players to crouch and
climb the ladder in crouch mode... if you want to climb the ladder you need to be
standing, period ... ... and also prevent players from placing dirt/stone blocks right
above their heads would fix the other way to enter glitch.

should be easy fix to implement without redoing the way blocks work.

Shiek4d5
03-17-2016, 04:21 PM
There is such an easy solution to this problem... just prevent players to crouch and
climb the ladder in crouch mode... if you want to climb the ladder you need to be
standing, period ... ... and also prevent players from placing dirt/stone blocks right
above their heads would fix the other way to enter glitch.

should be easy fix to implement without redoing the way blocks work.

More than happy to hear your theory on how it can be done without reworking the block placement system. As for preventing people from crouching, this takes away the stealth aspect of the game. Which I rely on most of the time. Not everyone is a guns-blazing CoD player. Some are Metal Gear fans.

argeos
03-26-2016, 03:50 PM
There's a way to "stitch" neighbouring triangle meshes:

http://transvoxel.org/

lazyorc
09-04-2016, 08:55 AM
There's a way to "stitch" neighbouring triangle meshes:

http://transvoxel.org/

OMG, imagine how cool 7d2die would be with blood decals in the transvoxel game 31st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCFQtN25lM

I mean sure, the game doesn't look that fun but if it is voxel terrain how are they getting those Half-Life like decals? Very nice...

regarding the cheat issue... I wouldn't say they haven't tried to fix this. When they switched to new Unity engine it made it impossible to just put dirt on your head, but it seems there are other ways to force your head through. Hopefully they can figure it out because it ruins secret base building in multiplayer.

Flix
10-12-2016, 07:07 PM
OMG, imagine how cool 7d2die would be with blood decals in the transvoxel game 31st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCFQtN25lM

I mean sure, the game doesn't look that fun but if it is voxel terrain how are they getting those Half-Life like decals? Very nice...

regarding the cheat issue... I wouldn't say they haven't tried to fix this. When they switched to new Unity engine it made it impossible to just put dirt on your head, but it seems there are other ways to force your head through. Hopefully they can figure it out because it ruins secret base building in multiplayer.

Can't watch that video it's set to private.

Marin3r
01-22-2017, 09:20 AM
The point of this forums is to inform of issues in the game in a constructive way if you feel that it is unfair and decide to throw a tantrum like a child please just don't force everyone else to have to listen to it. I enjoy this game alot and i have about 200 hours and I don't feel the same way as you do about the devs progression as it still is an Alpha and should be taken as such. A dev is more likely to listen to you if you are providing constructive criticism. I know I would just up and stop working on it when community members like yourself are irate for no reason other than you be a child. And if you are a child jsokolic grow up the world doesn't give you everything you want when you want it.

Pichii
11-22-2018, 10:45 AM
they never fixed it... it was here by day 1... And I have been killed trough glitch at least a dozen times...
also some of my impossible to find chests were just found and stolen multiple times on different servers,
my claims have been shoot and destroyed couple of times by people using this glitch, so it is really nasty
glitch, and I hope that by making this post it will draw attention of Pimp's , and it will get patched.

Its been fixed repeatedly.
Was hotfixed out in A16, tho it was indeed there in the early stages.

If yer good at finding exploits then plese continue to post about them. Just remove the hate. These guys just got a full dev team 9months ago. Sheesh.

Jugginator
11-24-2018, 04:01 AM
They made it worse in A17 lol. All you have to do now is go mining underground and crouch through a spot and you instantly can see the whole world. Wasn't even trying it, was just normal mining.

Karbuncle
11-24-2018, 09:15 AM
They made it worse in A17 lol. All you have to do now is go mining underground and crouch through a spot and you instantly can see the whole world. Wasn't even trying it, was just normal mining.

Yah they adjusted the crouch height and It seems you can do this now in a lot of ways.

Talscar
01-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Another way to reproduce this glitch is to dig down several blocks without ladders... And dig an L shape passage. Go to the sharp corner and dig the block out bellow the top block, crouch and move forward. Dig the block in front of you while in the corner down the bottom and the same issue is reproduced without ladders.