PDA

View Full Version : Burial Shrine

Snake0567
08-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Version 2 is here as a result of feedback from sexy people! Here is what you can now expect:
-The entire prefab is more detailed, more expansive, and more rewarding
-There are now hazards. Be careful!
-It is much easier to spot and has an above-ground portion
-The 'secret' loot is significantly easier to find

My policy on permissions/usage is simple. I only have one request: ask for permission to use in public packs or to edit outside of .xml files in a public setting.

"Hidden within the cover of trees and vegetation lie these pristine burial grounds. You by chance stumble onto one of these sacred lands and cannot help but wonder who built this. You also cannot shake the feeling that there is something more to this place. What will you do?"

Hello guys, this is my first ever prefab and I would like to share it with you! I plan on creating more in the future as my skills progress and I realize all of my ideas. The burial shrine is a rare prefab that can only be found in the forest and pine forest biomes. It is intended to be an uncommon find while offering treasure.

Picture - http://i.imgur.com/5Y3ZCII.jpg
This site is throwing a fit at me when I try all possible methods of posting a picture, sorry for the inconvenience

Installation:
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/rd7p33ddym5b871/BurialShrinePrefabv2.zip

1. Place the .tts and .xml files in: 7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs

2. Open up your rwgmixer.xml

Copy this line:
<prefab name="snake0567_burialshrine" prob="0.3" />

Place it inside of the "wildernessMisc" (or anywhere you want) prefab rule.

Thank you for reading and have fun! Let me know what you think!
-Snake

Laz Man
08-17-2015, 02:22 AM
Have any screenshots of the above ground part of the prefab?

h0tr0d
08-17-2015, 02:34 AM

Indeed! I am intrigued!

I am now imagining using the hidden door idea of Maverick and placing it in a prefab. Making it look like terrain, only with a hidden door.

Snake0567
08-17-2015, 03:33 AM

There isn't much to show on the above ground part. In fact, I allow grass and trees to grow on top of the prefab to further hide it. The prefab is underground and the only surface piece is really just to tell you that there is a burial shrine there. If you want to know what the signal is, it is:

A lonely gravestone, maybe something lies below :p

Indeed! I am intrigued!

I am now imagining using the hidden door idea of Maverick and placing it in a prefab. Making it look like terrain, only with a hidden door.

Well I can tell you that this isn't as crazy as you might imagine in your head because this is my first go at prefabbing. Maybe one day I will pull something epic :D

Magoli
08-17-2015, 07:54 AM
wow - very cool story !!!

I feel like iam back in Morrowind again (my birthplace XD)

Thx for sharing this ;)

I will take a walk throw it tonight after work. Iam really excited what iam gonna find there ;)

Can I have the permission to add your Creation to the big RWG-COMPO-PACK ????

Mag

Snake0567
08-17-2015, 12:41 PM
wow - very cool story !!!

I feel like iam back in Morrowind again (my birthplace XD)

Thx for sharing this ;)

I will take a walk throw it tonight after work. Iam really excited what iam gonna find there ;)

:)

Can I have the permission to add your Creation to the big RWG-COMPO-PACK ????

Mag

Definitely. I use compo-pack myself and that would be cool!

Magoli
08-17-2015, 08:54 PM
hey man

what should i say ?!?!

First of all good idea !!!
I saw the Picture and thought wow!

I wanted to take a walk through it - but without shovel or godmode - no chance!
I decided to choose godmode. But there is still not much to walk through !!
There are 4 tiny rooms - each is for its alone - why r they seperated?
The rooms are cool (especially the mushrooms) - but I think its a little bit to less of all in this stadium.
Digging - OK - but i guess the ppl then want to see some kind of gangways and perhaps stairs.
And the topping (just a gravestone) !?!?! OK - u r the Creator.

I really don't know were this Prefab could spawn on a RWG-map:

wilderness - its easy to be not seen - so rather no
rural - perhaps - but its to small - and would look a littlebit displaced.
city - nope (my city-prefabs are 45X45 blocks !!! To fit better to the streetstructure!)
town - this is the only place where it could fit in size and placement.

But u wanted it to be rare and hidden. I don't know what we should do now?!

PLS continue creating - I saw u have some awesome ideas.

roll on
Mag

Snake0567
08-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Well Mag you validated my concerns. I thank you for the honest feedback. I am going to do an overhaul of this prefab and incorporate an entrance of some sort and make the structure bigger, more detailed, and offer better rewards to hopefully make it worth the rarity.

As for your compo pack concerns, I would suggest waiting for the cooler version to come out. At that point it would probably best fit being in the wilderness and will be more obvious (honestly I thought the gravel path was already a dead giveaway, but I guess not).

Laz Man
08-18-2015, 03:51 AM
If I may make a suggestion....

People seem to like the Indian burial ground. Try to expand on that idea. Make some type of crypt entrance. Maybe block the entrance with stone blocks or something else theme friendly. Maybe even put some traps...

Lastly just something interesting at the end or heart of the crypt to reward the player for getting there. Maybe that rare Indian burial ground box that contains that rare Axe.

Be like a mini Indiana Jones adventure. ;)

Magoli
08-18-2015, 07:55 AM
Well Mag you validated my concerns. I thank you for the honest feedback. I am going to do an overhaul of this prefab and incorporate an entrance of some sort and make the structure bigger, more detailed, and offer better rewards to hopefully make it worth the rarity.

As for your compo pack concerns, I would suggest waiting for the cooler version to come out. At that point it would probably best fit being in the wilderness and will be more obvious (honestly I thought the gravel path was already a dead giveaway, but I guess not).

thx - I look forward to the next version of it :)

IMO its not the Topping that have to be changed. Prioritily i meant the underground that need a tweak .
And u r right. The gravelpath could be hint enough in wilderness.
But a little monument or a little shrine outside would be also very nice.
And like Laz said - stairs (or ladder) would also be awesome.
U can make the first 2 topping-layers hidden by dirt too - thats OK if ppl have to dig in.
A Hatch made from foresrtground - ya know!! U don't have to make the crypt open like a Fair !!!

OK - roll on
Mag

Snake0567
08-18-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm proud to say that v2 is completed and ready for download! I am happy about the way it turned out, it is like a mini-adventure.

Thanks again for the feedback and ideas and I look forward to creating some more stuff for this game in the future.

Magoli
08-18-2015, 08:28 PM
awesome - so fast !?

OK - I will check it now ;)

I give feedback later after a watch ;)

huiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - THIS Pic looks much more impressive - so far !!!!!

Yeah - iam exited to see more Prefabs from u :)

cu later
Mag

Magoli
08-18-2015, 09:40 PM
YES man - Yes man - Yes man

U did it :)

wow - now iam really impressed.

Very beautiful place now. Now I really love it !!!

This is the first Prefab of its kind. I wish more such exciting places in the Pack. Perhaps u made a stone to become rolling ;)

U made me really smile today dude :)

Rock on

btw: OFC now its in the Pack !!! It will appear in the next release !!! (Perhaps i will do an unplaned extra-update for it ;) )

Mag