PDA

View Full Version : Red Pagoda

Redlotus
08-27-2015, 01:36 AM
With the last sword strike the last foe had finally fallen. After a lengthy and brutal fight I wiped the blood off of my sword slowly and quietly walked towards the setting sun. As I walked for miles, I came upon a great red pagoda, after peering through the trees for hours watching for any movement inside, I cautiously walked towards the structure. Upon reaching the first step all of the candles lit....I knew what was ahead...I drew my blade and prepared for what was to come...

...to be continued...

I am currently working on several Asian-inspired prefabs. This is my first one, a Red Pagoda. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making.

You can download the prefab HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t0pyq52yug9efo/pagoda_v2.rar?dl=1)

You can also down load my other prefabs which are part of my Asian City Project below:

Asian City Project (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32546-Asian-Inspired-City)

TehAgent
08-27-2015, 02:00 AM
With the last sword strike the last foe had finally fallen. After a lengthy and brutal fight I wiped the blood off of my sword slowly and quietly walked towards the setting sun. As I walked for miles, I came upon a great red pagoda, after peering through the trees for hours watching for any movement inside, I cautiously walked towards the structure. Upon reaching the first step all of the candles lit....I knew what was ahead...I drew my blade and prepared for what was to come...

...to be continued...

I am currently working on several Asian-inspired prefabs. This is my first one, a Red Pagoda. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making.

You can download the prefab HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/362ez227s8lg0gp/pagoda.rar?dl=1)

Several would really be nice. A whole city Asian style would be freakin awesome.

h0tr0d
08-27-2015, 02:28 AM
Several would really be nice. A whole city Asian style would be freakin awesome.

*whistles*

Laz Man
08-27-2015, 03:08 AM

Oooo different regional cities are a fantastic idea.

Magoli
08-27-2015, 04:09 AM
great job !!!

I can't wait to take a walk through it.

Seems we have a new towntyp soon:

ChinaTowns !!! ;)

rock on
Mag

h0tr0d
08-27-2015, 04:43 AM
great job !!!

ChinaTowns !!! ;)

rock on
Mag

Take ogg your shoes.

resemblelife
08-27-2015, 04:58 AM

Agreed.

Laz Man
08-27-2015, 05:13 AM
A modification of this can be turned into the Chinese theater in LA.

Puschpa
08-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Ooooh, this looks really nice. A player on my server built something similar (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=465390023) before we wiped to A12. Sadly we didn't save it.

Laz Man
08-27-2015, 05:28 AM
Ooooh, this looks really nice. A player on my server built something similar (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=465390023) before we wiped to A12. Sadly we didn't save it.

Nice! Tell your player to start using Hals editor and share his creations with the community. :)

Puschpa
08-27-2015, 06:04 AM
I will try to become familiar with this tool too, to save beautiful creations like this. :)

Redlotus
08-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Oooo different regional cities are a fantastic idea.

Yea that was my idea on this. I have been working on creating an Asian-inspired city. I have already started working on this including a theater, a dojo, a restaurant, a temple, a pavilion, a terrace and a palace.

- - - Updated - - -

great job !!!

ChinaTowns !!! ;)

rock on
Mag

Thanks Mag! If you want to use it for anything feel free.

Magoli
08-27-2015, 05:52 PM
@Redlotus:

thx very much :)

I will call the new towntyp: Redlotus_town !!! :)

I take a walk through it today and calculate the PLS for it !!!

Mag

Redlotus
08-27-2015, 06:01 PM
@Redlotus:

thx very much :)

I will call the new towntyp: Redlotus_town !!! :)

I take a walk through it today and calculate the PLS for it !!!

Mag

I'll try and have the town done soon, but for now anyone can use the pagoda as they see fit.

Melcene
08-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Wow, very awesome. Looking forward to more!

Redlotus
08-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Got most of the Dojo completed last night. Started on the theater and hope to have it done tonight.

Magoli
08-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi Redlotus

I took a walk through it a few minutes ago. This is what i wanna say to it:

- The Idea and the Look are awesome and wonderful :)
- architecticle absolutly asian-like. I love the style man !!
- The coloring is a littlebit strange. Walls,Ceilings,Floorsurface all bright-red ?!? (my poor eyes ;) !!
(Perhaps u feel like urself the same. Perhaps u could work with smokestackred to give the building a littlebit more contrast.
Or just make the Ceiling or/and floor a other block then red. This would make my eyes very happy ;) )
- I also figured out that there is not a single Lootcontainer, Furnish or Decoration. Will u continue work on it ???
- But now the BIG POINT:

It seems that the amount of candles decreases the fps-rate drasticly !!! (goes down to 26 !!! Normally i got 57 !!!)
The problem is: U wanted them for decoration-purpose too i guess. I understand that !!!
I have no advice for u - what U should do about that. Just a few tipps:

U could remove them or some of them.
U could do nothing (my temporary advice)
U could exchange them with porchlight01 (looks lit amazing - and would fit the asia-theme too!)
(If u choose to use Lights here (ore in any Prefab u r creating) - then PLEASE choose the meta "Lit2" !!!
NEVER USE meta "Lit1" - else we have the same Issue again!!!) )

Mag

Redlotus
08-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi Redlotus

I took a walk through it a few minutes ago. This is what i wanna say to it:

- The Idea and the Look are awesome and wonderful :)
- architecticle absolutly asian-like. I love the style man !!
- The coloring is a littlebit strange. Walls,Ceilings,Floorsurface all bright-red ?!? (my poor eyes ;) !!
(Perhaps u feel like urself the same. Perhaps u could work with smokestackred to give the building a littlebit more contrast.
Or just make the Ceiling or/and floor a other block then red. This would make my eyes very happy ;) )
- I also figured out that there is not a single Lootcontainer, Furnish or Decoration. Will u continue work on it ???
- But now the BIG POINT:

It seems that the amount of candles decreases the fps-rate drasticly !!! (goes down to 26 !!! Normally i got 57 !!!)
The problem is: U wanted them for decoration-purpose too i guess. I understand that !!!
I have no advice for u - what U should do about that. Just a few tipps:

U could remove them or some of them.
U could do nothing (my temporary advice)
U could exchange them with porchlight01 (looks lit amazing - and would fit the asia-theme too!)
(If u choose to use Lights here (ore in any Prefab u r creating) - then PLEASE choose the meta "Lit2" !!!
NEVER USE meta "Lit1" - else we have the same Issue again!!!) )

Mag

I will make most of the changes you mentioned and some I am already working on. I have already changed up the colors to give a bit more contrast some. On the dojo I am working on I have moved to a more red and white design. When I get home I'll post up some screenshots.

I will do the following:

Remove candles due to FPS issues and replace with porchlight01.
Add loot containers and furnishings
Use Lit2 for lighting. I am not sure where to specify this, but I will look into it.
Work on the coloring and contrast a bit more.

Being my first prefab I was unsure about lighting. I'll post up an updated pagoda tonight.

Magoli
08-28-2015, 05:32 PM
very cool

perhaps i create a prefab for this theme too. I feel like so ;)

To lit a light just change to info-mode and leftclick the light in the editor.
Then the settings for this block appear in the lowerleft box.
Here u can change the meta-value for the choosen block.
Just change the setting from "off" to "Lit2" !!

Thats all

The same works with doors - when u want them to be Locked !!!

Locked is (door)meta: "unknown3" !!!

Mag

Pacco
08-28-2015, 05:44 PM
very cool

perhaps i create a prefab for this theme too. I feel like so ;)

To lit a light just change to info-mode and leftclick the light in the editor.
Then the settings for this block appear in the lowerleft box.
Here u can change the meta-value for the choosen block.
Just change the setting from "off" to "Lit2" !!

Thats all

The same works with doors - when u want them to be Locked !!!

Locked is (door)meta: "unknown3" !!!

Mag

thats very good to know :highly_amused:

Redlotus
08-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Here is version 2. I have added the white accents, added loot and changed the lighting. I think it looks much better than the original and doesn't affect FPS much at all. All lights are using Lit2.

10634 10635 1063610637 10638

You can download the file from the main post or download it HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t0pyq52yug9efo/pagoda_v2.rar?dl=1)