PDA

View Full Version : Theme Park

stallionsden
08-27-2015, 11:20 AM
Nobody expected what has come to pass, to what the world has become. Before all this, before the dead rose and ate those unsuspecting victims, the weak whom fell and those whom were unlucky. People flocked to The Theme Park. StallionsThemePark.

The rides never stopped. The food overflowed, the laughs of the little ones and the fun screams of those brave enough to ride those scary rides. It all happened so fast. first one person then another. Soon the whole park was dead, then the park was alive again. BUT this time with the dead.

Now everything is gone, the park lays quiet. The screams of joy turned into screams of terror as many befell the dead. The park lights died years ago, this once mighty attraction now only attracts the dead and holds them here. Do you brave it to relive the old days past and rekindle what fun and enthusiasm you have left or do you leave it a memory in the far back of your mind and keep walking by. Knowing that this Theme park was once full how many can there be.

I promised something exciting. Here it is Stallions Theme Park.

Here is a pic so you know what you have stumbled across. The rest you will have to explore and discover for yourself or run, run very fast away.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=507218555

(I was hoping to put this one in the max hub part of the city but didnt work lol. So spawns in the wilderness, rural, plains and desert.)

Hope you enjoy and let me know any problems you have. And have fun

(Magoli - you have my permission to use this :-) )

Magoli
08-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Absolutly friggin awesome man !!!!!

I also like the stories u give to ur prefabs

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Have updated the link And fixed a few issues with the prefab. Mainly some custom blocks I have. so now all is vanilla.

h0tr0d
08-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Nice. You also have a suburb entry in the allowed townships which may cause some people problems.

I'm also curious, why do you list every biome is allowed? Couldn't you leave that out? Or were you trying to avoid DisallowedBiomes="water" as an entry?

Didn't seem to cause issues. Had to remove the suburb tho.

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 02:16 AM
Nice. You also have a suburb entry in the allowed townships which may cause some people problems.

I'm also curious, why do you list every biome is allowed? Couldn't you leave that out? Or were you trying to avoid DisallowedBiomes="water" as an entry?

Also, if the wasteland_hub and wasteland biomes are not listed in the elevation range, does that cause issues? Bleh I'll go test.

I list every biome etc to make sure it spawns. Originally made this for city and town prefab but wasnt sure on size that was allowed for the max hub of the city edge (the one with the road that goes thru the middle of the block) so listed every biome and town. But will remove the city and wasteland entries.

As for the disallowed water biome i dont understand sorry. So if I put in the allowed biomes rural plains forest and take out all town refs it be good for everyone or.

h0tr0d
08-28-2015, 04:12 AM
gotcha. Inside the city it seems to be a 44x44 maximum allowed for prefabs sizes.

I was asking honestly, as I am not as experienced as most prefab makers and am trying to understand how prefab modders think when making these so I can better incorporate the prefabs into my worlds.

But yes, if you have no allowedbiomes entry it should allow them in all biomes. Accepting, of course, that you also have no DisallowedBiomes entry.

The only biomes you didn't include were radiated and water.

So if you wanted it to spawn in every biome except say, snow, you could use DisallowedBiomes="snow" and it would spawn every biome except snow. You shouldn't need to enter every allowedbiome.

It's just a matter of what is more efficient i think.

Take the army_camp_snow_01 for example. They have AllowedBiomes="snow" versus having DisallowedBiomes="radiated, wasteland, desert, forest, burnt_forest, wasteland_hub, water, plains, pine_forest".

The size of the hubs can be found in the rwgmixer.xml, in vanilla it seems to be

<hub_rule name="ruralSmall">
<hub_type value="rural"/>
<width value="96, 96" />
<height value="96, 96" />
<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="7" />

<prefab_rule name="townSmall" prob="1"/>
</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="townSmall">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<width value="100, 200" />
<height value="100, 200" />

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="townLarge">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<width value="200, 250" />
<height value="200, 250" />

<prefab_rule name="townLarge"/>
</hub_rule>

So your prefab is what, 98x98? It can't spawn in cities because the prefabs are max 44x44 I believe in each spot. The Zoning in the .xml also factors in be it commercial and residential. Towns and rural locations also have limits before you see errors (such as prefabs overlapping with roads), and I am not precisely sure but it seems the towns are more lenient (as the large hardware store can spawn there but not in cities).

98x98 is probably too big to be generated within those locations, you could probably get it to generate in a rural location for sure. I got it to spawn in a rural location, but I had to modify the size of the hub to be greater than 98x98.

<width value="100, 110" />
<height value="100, 110" />

Your best bet for getting it to spawn would be wilderness or to have a modder specify a location in their rwgmixer.xml.

So your .xml is this:

<prefab>
<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True" />
<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />
<property name="YOffset" value="-12" />
<property name="Condition" value="New" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="SpawnExLarge" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Size" value="166,0,160" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Trigger" value="160" />
<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,town,rural,wilderness,suburb" />
<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="burnt_forest,snow,plains,pine_forest,forest,desert ,wasteland_hub,wasteland" />
<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />
</prefab>

But this
<prefab>
<property name="AllowedTownships" value="rural,wilderness" />
</prefab>

would allow it to spawn in every biome as well. However; as I believe it works, because of zoning and allowed prefab sizes, it would not spawn in a city,or town. Rural I am unsure because I think it shouldn't unless rural hub is modified. It may generate it but it will interfere with the road, and stuff like that I think. Usually the larger prefabs have to be wilderness if randomly generated.

Zoning is another line for cities and townships...property name="Zoning" value="Commercial (or Residential)" but this won't apply to wilderness POIs.

An example of how a modder could get it to spawn in a specific location would like this: (let's start with the vanilla entries in rwgmixer.xml)

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="16" cell_size="1200" cell_offset="0.8" generation_distance="10000">
<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.1"/>
<cell_rule name="cell_stallionsthemepark" position="0,2" prob="1"/>
<cell_rule name="lowDensity" prob="1"/>
<cell_rule name="highDensity" prob="0.5"/>
<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->
</ruleset>

<cell_rule name="cell_stallionsthemepark">
<cave_count value="0,2"/>
<hub_rule name="hub_stallionsthemepark" prob="1"/>
<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
</cell_rule>

<hub_rule name="hub_stallionsthemepark">
<prefab_rule name="prefabs_stallionsthemepark" prob="1"/>
</hub_rule>

<prefab_rule name="prefabs_stallionsthemepark">
<prefab name="StallionsThemePark" max_count="1" prob="1"/>
</prefab_rule>

and that should spawn it at region 0,2 each time the world is generated.

All that said... I am trying to learn myself and that is the best I understand it. I spawned it in a predetermined location and it generated just fine, no errors. Looks great man, nice work.

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Argh ok got ya. I use the editor to tell where to spawn so i just ticked every block in the allowed parts lol.

The prefab is 99x99 you were close haha. But yeh has it spawned for you. I have had it spawn heaps. Only on straight roads in the desert. Forest plains etc. Yes i have removed the suburb township allows. Will ul when i home

- - - Updated - - -

gotcha. Inside the city it seems to be a 44x44 maximum allowed for prefabs sizes.

I was asking honestly, as I am not as experienced as most prefab makers and am trying to understand how prefab modders think when making these so I can better incorporate the prefabs into my worlds.

But yes, if you have no allowedbiomes entry it should allow them in all biomes. Accepting, of course, that you also have no DisallowedBiomes entry.

The only biomes you didn't include were radiated and water.

So if you wanted it to spawn in every biome except say, snow, you could use DisallowedBiomes="snow" and it would spawn every biome except snow. You shouldn't need to enter every allowedbiome.

It's just a matter of what is more efficient i think.

Take the army_camp_snow_01 for example. They have AllowedBiomes="snow" versus having DisallowedBiomes="radiated, wasteland, desert, forest, burnt_forest, wasteland_hub, water, plains, pine_forest".

The size of the hubs can be found in the rwgmixer.xml, in vanilla it seems to be

<hub_rule name="ruralSmall">
<width value="96, 96" />
<height value="96, 96" />

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="townSmall">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<width value="100, 200" />
<height value="100, 200" />

</hub_rule>

<hub_rule name="townLarge">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<width value="200, 250" />
<height value="200, 250" />

<prefab_rule name="townLarge"/>
</hub_rule>

So your prefab is what, 98x98? It can't spawn in cities because the prefabs are max 44x44 I believe in each spot. The Zoning in the .xml also factors in be it commercial and residential. Towns and rural locations also have limits before you see errors (such as prefabs overlapping with roads), and I am not precisely sure but it seems the towns are more lenient (as the large hardware store can spawn there but not in cities).

98x98 is probably too big to be generated within those locations, you could probably get it to generate in a rural location for sure. I got it to spawn in a rural location, but I had to modify the size of the hub to be greater than 98x98.

Your best bet for getting it to spawn would be wilderness or to have a modder specify a location in their rwgmixer.xml.

So your .xml is this:

<prefab>
<property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,town,rural,wilderness,suburb" />
<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="burnt_forest,snow,plains,pine_forest,forest,desert ,wasteland_hub,wasteland" />
</prefab>

But this
<prefab>
<property name="AllowedTownships" value="rural,wilderness" />
</prefab>

would allow it to spawn in every biome as well. However; as I believe it works, because of zoning and allowed prefab sizes, it would not spawn in a city,or town. Rural I am unsure because I think it shouldn't unless rural hub is modified. It may generate it but it will interfere with the road, and stuff like that I think. Usually the larger prefabs have to be wilderness if randomly generated.

Zoning is another line for cities and townships...property name="Zoning" value="Commercial (or Residential)" but this won't apply to wilderness POIs.

An example of how a modder could get it to spawn in a specific location would like this: (let's start with the vanilla entries in rwgmixer.xml)

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="16" cell_size="1200" cell_offset="0.8" generation_distance="10000">
<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.1"/>
<cell_rule name="cell_stallionsthemepark" position="0,2" prob="1"/>
<cell_rule name="lowDensity" prob="1"/>
<cell_rule name="highDensity" prob="0.5"/>
<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->
</ruleset>

<cell_rule name="cell_stallionsthemepark">
<cave_count value="0,2"/>
<hub_rule name="hub_stallionsthemepark" prob="1"/>
<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
</cell_rule>

<hub_rule name="hub_stallionsthemepark">
<prefab_rule name="prefabs_stallionsthemepark" prob="1"/>
</hub_rule>

<prefab_rule name="prefabs_stallionsthemepark">
<prefab name="StallionsThemePark" max_count="1" prob="1"/>
</prefab_rule>

and that should spawn it at region 0,2 each time the world is generated.

All that said... I am trying to learn myself and that is the best I understand it. I spawned it in a predetermined location and it generated just fine, no errors. Looks great man, nice work.

Awesome ty. Did you turn zs on i hope lol. Yeh i am still to learn the spawn in a exact location lol. Takes me a bit to locate it in rwg. Will rrad your post thorough when home as phone doesnt open the code sections.

h0tr0d
08-28-2015, 04:57 AM
I generally don't enable zeds in cool prefabs. I want people to enjoy seeing your guys work, without it being mangled.

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 05:50 AM
I generally don't enable zeds in cool prefabs. I want people to enjoy seeing your guys work, without it being mangled.

Oh I just remove the damage block entries in the items.xml lol.

h0tr0d
08-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Oh I just remove the damage block entries in the items.xml lol.

Yeah but that then affects all zombies.

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Yeh I know but my prefabs stay up lol :-D

Akari_Tsukino
08-28-2015, 09:36 PM
ok... i keep getting a null reference exception and key not found exception but no details on either one.
they both just give vauge information "the given key was not present" and "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

these started after I tried to add this and a couple other prefabs to the random gen.

stallionsden
08-28-2015, 10:31 PM
ok... i keep getting a null reference exception and key not found exception but no details on either one.
they both just give vauge information "the given key was not present" and "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

these started after I tried to add this and a couple other prefabs to the random gen.

What other prefabs. maybe if it is mine. I will reupload the xml part of the dl can try again otherwise it may be another prefab.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed I get the key not given and null ref when either i have something in the xml that shouldnt be in there or i have added something wrong but that may just be mine lol

Magoli
08-29-2015, 04:09 AM
it also appears when when blocks are unknown or have a atrange rotation (above meta0-15) !!!

But the ThemePark has no Error in the Blocks !!!! I checked it - and let it appear in NAVA !!!

I didn't try a RWG-Spawn yet. But if its spawn in NAVA - then it will also appear in RWG !!!

Perhaps the game has problems with the size of it !!! Don't know.

Mag

h0tr0d
08-29-2015, 04:19 AM
I had it spawn in random gen, it is tricky. Sometimes roads run through it, sometimes you are good. I know it would make it huge, but a parking lot and a road leading off the main road would be optimal because you can watch my video..having right next to a road is kind of odd.

My text instructions for doing this is in this thread (adding to rwgmixer) and I did a video here (http://youtu.be/psqP3xmLJHM) on how I got that theme park to spawn in random gen.

The NuLLReferenceError would be in your output_log.txt, if you had that on hand you could tell the error. How to find that I have a video here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATaPuZ4S18)

stallionsden
08-29-2015, 05:21 AM
I have had it spawn perfectly in rwg every time. Only prob is the rotation. The entrance is on thebside or back instead of the road

h0tr0d
08-29-2015, 05:22 AM
I have had it spawn perfectly in rwg every time. Only prob is the rotation. The entrance is on thebside or back instead of the road

where? as a wilderness POI?

stallionsden
08-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Rural plains desert forest biomes havent found one yet in the wilderness. The park spawns on the straight roads. But have to g it to find it faster

h0tr0d
08-29-2015, 05:43 AM
and you never had it spawn across a road and interfere? That is fortunate, what did you set the hub size to?

stallionsden
08-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Oh hub size is like 500x500 for small. Large is 800x800 wasteland hub is 1300x2100 and biome size set to 3200

- - - Updated - - -

And never across the rd

h0tr0d
08-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Oh hub size is like 500x500 for small. Large is 800x800 wasteland hub is 1300x2100 and biome size set to 3200

- - - Updated - - -

And never across the rd

Lol yeah that'd do it.

Did you use my examples or something else you could share!

And by biome size, I assume you mean cell size?

stallionsden
08-29-2015, 08:45 AM
I will put here my rwgmixer when i am at home.

stallionsden
08-30-2015, 12:23 AM
Here is my RWGMixer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/en39971vqyf13mi/rwgmixer.xml?dl=0

h0tr0d
08-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I was trying to avoid making my cells too big but it certainly is something I should try, thanks stallions.

I have more question. What comes after?

stallionsden
08-30-2015, 03:15 AM
Yeah, I was trying to avoid making my cells too big but it certainly is something I should try, thanks stallions.

I have more question. What comes after?

??? comes after what lol. I dont follow

h0tr0d
08-30-2015, 05:26 AM
??? comes after what lol. I dont follow

Your name.

First comes stallions...den what?

stallionsden
08-30-2015, 08:34 AM
Your name.

First comes stallions...den what?

lol den as in shack as in hut as in a house lolz

h0tr0d
08-30-2015, 08:40 AM
no, as in "then"... Brooklyn style!

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- fuhgeddaboudit

stallionsden
08-30-2015, 08:51 AM
lol nah its Den haha

Maverick
09-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Looks cool! I did bumper cars, ferris wheel, pendulum ride, merry go round and a play ground on my channel so far. Will be building a free fall ride and shooting booth soon :)

stallionsden
09-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Looks cool! I did bumper cars, ferris wheel, pendulum ride, merry go round and a play ground on my channel so far. Will be building a free fall ride and shooting booth soon :)

I got the ferris wheel in. I did the mini bike track lol cause we have mini bikes in lol. Has tower of terror and giant drop. a in the water movie theatre and a scary maze under. also has a play ground for the kids - jumping castle slide monkey bars and rock climbing.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and the giant roller coaster ride lol