PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Temple/Village

SylenThunder
09-30-2015, 09:11 AM
Ok, first I want to recognize the original designer of this prefab I created.

OAndersson posted this on mcschematics.com like 3 years ago, and I just fell in love with it. (link (http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=12772.msg83019#msg83019))

Here's a few preview images of my creation. :anonymous:

The corner lips on the roofs I think comes pretty close to the original Japanese designs, and was fun coming up with the method for that. I think the intention was something similar in the original, but Minecraft blocks are very limited for designs like that.

I cheated the SI in a few places by using the red smokestack instead of the red wood pillar. It takes away a small amount from the overall look, but it's minimal to keep the SI stable for the build.

SI was a real challenge since the original creation in Minecraft did not have to worry about that at all. I'm pretty proud of keeping most of the designs true to the original in the overall look, but I did take some of my own creative pleasures in a couple of buildings.

There is a "secret passage" in one of the village buildings that leads into the lower temple. I hid another nice treat that you can find while exploring it.

In my Minecraft build, the stairs in the front area led down to an underground train station. Since we don't have that here, I left it out and just put a small room at the bottom. Do with it what you wish. :star:

Overall, it's pretty much designed so that it could be a home base, and can even be sealed and mostly self-sustaining. (Except the animals don't respawn.) Speaking of animals, I included a few in the pen.

Here's the dl. Enjoy :encouragement:

Oh, almost forgot. Made my first preview video too. Win10 decided to record the audio in a format YouTube didn't recognize. I may add music later.

https://youtu.be/_kU9BrPCKzY

Magoli
09-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Very awesome man :)

But now iam in trouble ;)
This let all my plans explode !!! LOL

After i realized that the Asiatown wont work (because of most of the buildings are to big for town!),
I decided to make a AsiaCity rather then a Asiatown.

But this one even dont spawn in a City. It is 72 by 73 !!

But ur temple actual is to awesome, to dont take it to the other Asia-Prefabs.

OK - this means now iam forced to take care about the costum-hub-thingy !!!
collect knowledge and make much of tests on that !!!

Mag out

rucky
09-30-2015, 09:59 AM
-> Custom HubLayout ;-) for your Asia-Town!
problem solved.

(Mag: there will be a ScienceLab-Hub created sometime ;-) like in the picture I had posted...)

And yes, very impressive!

Pacco
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Tell me everything you know about the custom Hub layout, please!!! Drives me crazy!!!!

rucky
09-30-2015, 10:12 AM
look here: Hub_Layout-Guide-by-Laz-Man (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32817-Hub_Layout-Guide-%28by-Laz-Man%29)

SylenThunder
09-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Very awesome man :)

But now iam in trouble ;)
This let all my plans explode !!! LOL

After i realized that the Asiatown wont work (because of most of the buildings are to big for town!),
I decided to make a AsiaCity rather then a Asiatown.

But this one even dont spawn in a City. It is 72 by 73 !!

But ur temple actual is to awesome, to dont take it to the other Asia-Prefabs.

OK - this means now iam forced to take care about the costum-hub-thingy !!!
collect knowledge and make much of tests on that !!!

Mag out

Yes, I was thinking this would spawn better out in the wild like the spots where you will find only 2 or 3 large prefabs at an intersection of roads. It would be out-of-place though if not near an Asian-themed town. :) I really do look forward to seeing what you do with it.

whitelace
10-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Is this prefab for Nav or for random gen?

SylenThunder
10-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I made it for Random Gen, but you could place it in Navezgane if you wanted to. I was going to go see if there was a suitable location for it later today.

whitelace
10-05-2015, 12:36 PM
ty :)