PDA

View Full Version : Steam and 7DTD up a tree...

KrytoKFR
10-31-2013, 08:21 PM
So it would seem the big names are taking on 7DTD this will make for fun times ahead... Steam Page (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/160808204)

Brains
10-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Ehhh?

Toxic
10-31-2013, 10:44 PM
What are you trying to say OP ?

phunkninja
10-31-2013, 10:53 PM
*confused look* Okay yeah, we've been Greenlit (again) - can you point to the specific thing you're talking about?

KDStudios
10-31-2013, 11:33 PM
I was tempted to make a forum account called BigNames just to have a laugh, but it wouldn't have been THAT funny :P

Laim
10-31-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm assuming what he means is, that there are a lot of new Open-world zombie games starting that will likely take over 7 Days To Die.. Even though it's already greenlit (again).

Arkonik
11-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I think he is stating the fact that a lot of people are putting 7DtD in there top zombie picks for 2014 also a lot of people making new zombie games do mention at some point 7DtD. So I believe he was talking about this. All zombie games forums have been meet with players comparing them to 7DtD in them.

Regardless it had startup issue with alpha keys and has been a bit slower than people wanted with patches it is still in the main stream talk against other new zombie titles being made.

Genohacker
11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Shouldn't this be moved to the General Discussion forum?

Unholy
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Currently this game is the best imo from looking at videos. Most of them are not open world building like this. Some are so ugly in animations, and this game needs a little work in that department but swinging an ax and zombies just falling over is dumb.

KrytoKFR
11-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Sorry for not knowing that 7DTD had been green-lit (before). The main point I was getting at was if Steam gets the name out there then we will indeed have a ripper of a game to play for years to come. Honestly who here loves 7DTD more than MC? And how big is MC?

Fox
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Sorry for not knowing that 7DTD had been green-lit (before). The main point I was getting at was if Steam gets the name out there then we will indeed have a ripper of a game to play for years to come. Honestly who here loves 7DTD more than MC? And how big is MC?
Minecraft is huge... in it's current state, at least a thousand times better than this game in terms of complexity and fan base. 7D2D is not even considered a competitor for Minecraft right now, not even close, no offense to TFP of course. This game is way too early in development to be able to compete with games as well established and polished as Minecraft. But of course, that's not to say that this game won't ever catch up to Minecraft because this game does have an insane amount of potential.

GameOverMan
11-06-2013, 10:07 AM

Only played MC demo, but could not stand the game. Always felt as if I would need some mind altering "herbs" to ever actually get into that game. Now, 7d2d, seems they have that "herb" included and flows right through my internet connection, I love this game. Just my personal opinion. :listening_headphone

manfrank123
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM
it has potential but the delays through alpha and beta caused quiet the backlash in terms of negative publicity but it does have potential problem is so did warz/infestation it had masses of potential back in alpha but it didn't live u to it i hope 7 days to die will live up to its expectations i really do as its a great combination of many different formats that needed to be put together. being greenlight again on steam won't make much difference to the fan base except when people search for the game and opinions they'll find comments like "just get the cracked version"
i want this game to do well i really do.

Stignos
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
it has potential but the delays through alpha and beta caused quiet the backlash in terms of negative publicity but it does have potential problem is so did warz/infestation it had masses of potential back in alpha but it didn't live u to it i hope 7 days to die will live up to its expectations i really do as its a great combination of many different formats that needed to be put together. being greenlight again on steam won't make much difference to the fan base except when people search for the game and opinions they'll find comments like "just get the cracked version"
i want this game to do well i really do.

Negative publicity? Backlash, are we talking about the same game friend? And I am pretty sure there are no delays since they have not set any dates on stone for any of the phases of the game, including release. I am pretty sure The Fun Pimps follow the "when its ready" motto, which to me is fantastic.

Arkonik
11-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Minecraft is huge... in it's current state, at least a thousand times better than this game in terms of complexity and fan base. 7D2D is not even considered a competitor for Minecraft right now, not even close, no offense to TFP of course. This game is way too early in development to be able to compete with games as well established and polished as Minecraft. But of course, that's not to say that this game won't ever catch up to Minecraft because this game does have an insane amount of potential.

I think you are confussed so I will clear this up for you and Minecraft comparers. Please TFP respond to this and shead light on these people on this subject on smooth terrain so people would for the love of God stop comparing this game to Minecraft.

Please watch this short video I made talking about smooth terrain and voxel code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3CyOeZvdI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQ_p0b8K0Vw52wsJhIRs25g. The Kickstarter goal was reached to do smooth terrain and will if it goes by the Kickstarter line up will not come into play till after the main release. This is just added code to do this while on the other hand Minecraft would need a new engine and actual voxel code added to even try to accomplish this.

After watching this video and please do, you will have learned that comparing Minecraft to 7DtD is just wrong. You are comparing 7DtD which is in alpha stage with like 25% of the game code completed and the other 75% not complete. Before you compare A game to another game the game must be complete with all it's code.

If you do compare a game to another game you really can only compare actually mechanics that it shares with another game. With this being said and the video above to explain smooth voxel terrain I'm asking you FOX how on earth can you compare Miencraft with 7DtD?
The game crafting system was used was used in console games long before mmo's came to the net so if you even go there and say they copied the crafting system you would be wrong. Cause minecraft copied it from it's older generation console games.

milton_71
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Remember Minecraft was created by a few people and it wasn't immediate before anyone knew about it.
I played that since the alpha when there was barely a few 1000 people with the game and then when it reached beta it got well known.

Minecraft is a completely different game as well.. Personally I prefer 7DTD because its so easy to play minecraft on survival because all you need is a two block high wall and nothing can get inside apart from a spider but even then you just place a roof on top.

Arkonik
11-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Remember Minecraft was created by a few people and it wasn't immediate before anyone knew about it.
I played that since the alpha when there was barely a few 1000 people with the game and then when it reached beta it got well known.

Minecraft is a completely different game as well.. Personally I prefer 7DTD because its so easy to play minecraft on survival because all you need is a two block high wall and nothing can get inside apart from a spider but even then you just place a roof on top.

Just want to add to your post on the History and process of Minecraft.

Minecraft didn't get any head way till moders stepped in and started programing stuff in. If modding wouldn't have been available Minecraft would have vanished and never got noticed. Do to a guy who decompiled the Minecraft code and reengineered it and handed the actual game code out to the public was this possible. It was never Notches Idea to allow people to mod in Minecraft. Once this guy done this Notch just let it ride cause it gave more publicity to his game and caused his sales to rise even more. Follow the history.

Do to the amazing out come SOE also walked in and put Minecraft on one of there consoles and what the public didn't know is SOE saw how much attention this was from the players helping make a game and the Development team there selves had less stress on added content cause of moders. So SOE at this point decided to change EQ Next in to a game that put the fan base in to development not in the same way but similar. This is also what started the Kick of the player studio from SOE allowing players to make and sell items threw the gaming store for select SOE titles.

I could go on and on of the History in this industry and what has happened and what chain reactions it is causing but this is better left for another day.

legionpete
11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I play minecraft and 7DtD. IF I have a preference it would be 7DtD all the way. Minecraft isn't challenging enough. Nothing feels better than putting down a horde of Zombies. I feel this way even in Alpha. I can't even begin to imagine how much more awesome this game is going to get as it pushes onward.

aliksteel
11-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Please watch this short video I made talking about smooth terrain and voxel code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3CyOeZvdI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQ_p0b8K0Vw52wsJhIRs25g.

Thanks for that vid, Great job on explaining the difference between vox and voxel.

Fox
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Just want to add to your post on the History and process of Minecraft.

Minecraft didn't get any head way till moders stepped in and started programing stuff in. If modding wouldn't have been available Minecraft would have vanished and never got noticed. Do to a guy who decompiled the Minecraft code and reengineered it and handed the actual game code out to the public was this possible. It was never Notches Idea to allow people to mod in Minecraft. Once this guy done this Notch just let it ride cause it gave more publicity to his game and caused his sales to rise even more. Follow the history.

Do to the amazing out come SOE also walked in and put Minecraft on one of there consoles and what the public didn't know is SOE saw how much attention this was from the players helping make a game and the Development team there selves had less stress on added content cause of moders. So SOE at this point decided to change EQ Next in to a game that put the fan base in to development not in the same way but similar. This is also what started the Kick of the player studio from SOE allowing players to make and sell items threw the gaming store for select SOE titles.

I could go on and on of the History in this industry and what has happened and what chain reactions it is causing but this is better left for another day.
I agree with you and am not at all confused, I was just defending Minecraft against KrytoKFR's comment which was basically saying that Minecraft sucks compared to this game.

Arkonik
11-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I agree with you and am not at all confused, I was just defending Minecraft against KrytoKFR's comment which was basically saying that Minecraft sucks compared to this game.

Yes I agree Minecraft is a great game for what it is. It could be more if you handed it off to a group of dev's like TFP or other developers actually using tons of voxel code rather than 5% of it tops.

Berkan
11-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I think he means that 7dtd comes on the homepage of steam and the game will instantly get very popular.

Arkonik
11-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I think he means that 7dtd comes on the homepage of steam and the game will instantly get very popular.

I don't think 7DtD needs steam to become popular. Just needs to be finished and released and it alone with out steam has the potential to be 100 times bigger than Minecraft ever was. I'm more curious at this point if TFP will work on after the release to bringing 7DtD to other platforms like P4 and also to Xbox one for the x box fans. I was never a X box fan.

Evenguarde
11-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Great explanation in your video sir! I hope more people go and watch it, really irritates me when people compare the two without knowing the basic differences between them code wise.

Arkonik
11-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Great explanation in your video sir! I hope more people go and watch it, really irritates me when people compare the two without knowing the basic differences between them code wise.

Your welcome. Hopefully one of the dev's could enlighten us even further someday on Voxel code. It is new to me but I like to research things and there history and how they started out. Just like I'm eager to keep learning about Euclideon and there tech. Hopefully they start back on the project this coming year. I know they haulted it because at the time they where developing cloud point data algorithm software they was also trying to make it available to consoles as well and at this time the xbox one and the p4 was in development so they held off on it and started a side project for a part of cloud point data industry. Hopefully they start back up this coming year and finish the project for the gamming industry next I hope.

You can learn more about this company here http://www.euclideon.com/ Take a look at what they have accomplished so far it is very interesting seeing everyone including notch called them a scam.

Stignos
11-07-2013, 12:48 AM

Well that is a no brainer, it will also get a bunch of websites to review the game once its a released product. There is no doubt this games future is promising.

AmenoSagiri
11-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Only played MC demo, but could not stand the game. Always felt as if I would need some mind altering "herbs" to ever actually get into that game. Now, 7d2d, seems they have that "herb" included and flows right through my internet connection, I love this game. Just my personal opinion. :listening_headphone

You would want to not play the demo (I'm assuming you mean Minecraft Classic).

Comparing Classic to the most up to date version of Minecraft is like comparing two completely different games at this point.

On top of everything they've done to the game since Classic (I find classic extremely boring), there's a colossal fanbase and modding community.

Back to 7 Days:
7 Days has a lot of potential to be something extremely huge. Hopefully the pimps keep their pimp hand strong and keep it going in the right direction like Notch did with Minecraft. I'm not a big fan of the new NPC's they added, but it's all made well due to the fact they will be including settings to keep special enemies on or not.

Once it hits the Steam Store whenever that may be, I'm assuming it will be on the front Store page for awhile like every other Greenlit game, the community will shoot up even more.

CrimsonBort
11-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Well there is tons of zombie apocalypse games being made, this one is still on top for me, I love DayZ, but after awhile I lose the patience to travel 20 min between looting towns. 7DTD is a good mix of realism and fun! To compare this to minecraft is silly, Minecraft pioneered a new genre, theres allready hundreds of games that use the same basic idea, so comparing this to minecraft is like comparing deadlight to super mario. What sets 7DTD apart from the rest? If you're cornered in a house you can blast through the walls to escape, and you can knock out stairs to keep zombies from chasing you, theres no static way to do anything. so thinking outside the box is very much encouraged. But please rethink those stupid wasps. Thats a bit too "fallout" for me.

KrytoKFR
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM

I think you are confussed so I will clear this up for you and Minecraft comparers. Please TFP respond to this and shead light on these people on this subject on smooth terrain so people would for the love of God stop comparing this game to Minecraft.

Please watch this short video I made talking about smooth terrain and voxel code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3CyOeZvdI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQ_p0b8K0Vw52wsJhIRs25g. The Kickstarter goal was reached to do smooth terrain and will if it goes by the Kickstarter line up will not come into play till after the main release. This is just added code to do this while on the other hand Minecraft would need a new engine and actual voxel code added to even try to accomplish this.

Heaps to take in and yes in indeed knew that TPF had the intention of smoothing out the terrain in the later stages of the game, but the main reason I compare the two is due to the fact I've not come across many games where one is able to build anything I want, Hack my way through a mountain and craft items of use out of the land. Nothing to do with code... Also like to point out that I never said MC sucked... I like MC and still play it. REDSTONE... Tasty... Back on track... 7DTD ROCKS...

Peace out.
KrytoKFR.

Warriorbox
11-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Heaps to take in and yes in indeed knew that TPF had the intention of smoothing out the terrain in the later stages of the game, but the main reason I compare the two is due to the fact I've not come across many games where one is able to build anything I want, Hack my way through a mountain and craft items of use out of the land. Nothing to do with code... Also like to point out that I never said MC sucked... I like MC and still play it. REDSTONE... Tasty... Back on track... 7DTD ROCKS...

Peace out.
KrytoKFR.

Yes... agreed, if I compare 7DTD with Minecraft its not about the code or the graphic 'look', its about the ability to craft, to adapt the landscape and features, and to build a resource-filled base where I feel secure. Also, it is open-ended... there is no beginning or end, making for a game that isn't 'over' when you have reached the finale or killed the enderdragon... ideal for multiplay, roleplay. Unlike Dead Island or Left for Dead.

Berkan
11-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't think 7DtD needs steam to become popular. Just needs to be finished and released and it alone with out steam has the potential to be 100 times bigger than Minecraft ever was. I'm more curious at this point if TFP will work on after the release to bringing 7DtD to other platforms like P4 and also to Xbox one for the x box fans. I was never a X box fan.

Many games are very well made but without promoting a game it will never be bought.