PDA

View Full Version : NFL Stadium

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 01:13 AM
Well ever since laz mans hub layout discussion made it possible.

I decided to make the football stadium that is in the prefab folder into a actual stadium. I completed it and exported it did a few adjustments and additions in the editor.

THANKS TO STOMPYNZ

prefab folder - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnfno3q1j41nz0r/NFLStadium.zip?dl=0

RWGMixer
(Rule_set)
<cell_rule name="NFLHub" position="1,-2" />

(cell_rules)
<cell_rule name="NFLHub">
<cave_count value="0,4"/>
<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="7" />
<!-- <elevation_range value="50, 80" /> -->

<hub_rule name="NFLHub"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
</cell_rule>

(hub_rule)
<hub_rule name="NFLHub">
<hub_type value="town"/>
<hub_layout name="NFLHub"/>
<prefab_rule name="townSmall"/>
</hub_rule>

(prefab_rules)
<prefab_rule name="NFLHub">
<prefab name="NFLStadium_zombies"/>
<prefab name="NFLStadium_survivors"/>
</prefab_rule>

(hub_layouts)
<hub_layout name="NFLHub">
<township_type value="town"/>
<street start_point="0,0" end_point="198,0"/>
<street start_point="198,0" end_point="198,253"/>
<street start_point="198,253" end_point="0,253"/>
<street start_point="0,253" end_point="0,0"/>
<lot min_x_y="8, 128" prefab="NFLStadium_zombies" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 182x117 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 8" prefab="NFLStadium_survivors" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 182x120 -->
</hub_layout>

Stadium has alot of empty rooms available to make your base in but to keep loot down a bit. Hope you enjoy.

Have a rugby league stadium, a soccer stadium, a cricket stadium and a track to come (Pending a13 lol)

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 06:18 AM
I think you might be running into some soft limit on prefab size.

I removed the 29 layers of stone underneath and trimmed the sides (was 300x300) down to 182x237 so it only included the build itself, and was getting chunks missing on the south and east sides.

btw the rotation to road might also be confusing you a bit, as the prefab itself has a rotate of 1, so setting rotation_to_road=3 will result in the doors being east/west... not sure if that was your goal, but either way the roads you defined would fit the 300x300 size you had.

I think best bet would be to carve it up into 4 pieces (I'll do that for you after dinner) then have 4 lots to put them in.

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 06:52 AM
I think you might be running into some soft limit on prefab size.

I removed the 29 layers of stone underneath and trimmed the sides (was 300x300) down to 182x237 so it only included the build itself, and was getting chunks missing on the south and east sides.

btw the rotation to road might also be confusing you a bit, as the prefab itself has a rotate of 1, so setting rotation_to_road=3 will result in the doors being east/west... not sure if that was your goal, but either way the roads you defined would fit the 300x300 size you had.

I think best bet would be to carve it up into 4 pieces (I'll do that for you after dinner) then have 4 lots to put them in.

Yeh the first attempt i had i cut the edges to just the prefab itself and when i imported it came up with the missing corners so i thought I had maybe cut to far lol. The 29 layers of stone was to counteract the land when imported there was a gully under the stadium which made it collapse lol.

Was going to do a cricket stadium a soccer stadium a nrl stadium to by just changing the centre field and keeping the stands itself.

That would be appreciated i have no idea or understanding of that how cutting it up and that worked.

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Ok, so some interesting results.

Carving it in half had all sort of weird blocks missing, but if I rotated the entire prefab 90 then cut it in half it had everything in place. The only problem then was all of the directional blocks (wedges, TVs, horizonal crossbars etc) were all still on the old rotation.

So, yeah cutting it in half works (ish) but when you have a rotate not =0 in the prefab xml it causes issues.

I can plop it into place with a bbb ip and re-export it facing the correct way and see if that works, but otherwise its going to be a painstaking task to rotate every block :)

btw with the roads you shouldn't need to worry about the terrain having gullys etc as the create an area that is flat for a good number of blocks.

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Ok, got it, don't know why I started with rotations etc, set all to 0, maybe it was the 2.5 hours drive home from work cause some muppet crashed on the motorway was making me crazy :p

Giving up on fancy rotations for now as my head hurts, but if you are happy with north/south pitch then this is it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bi9seo3ao8nmmh/NFLStadium.zip?dl=0

prefab rules:
<prefab_rule name="NFLStadium">
</prefab_rule>

hub layout:
<hub_layout name="customHubTest">
<lot min_x_y="8, 128" prefab="NFLStadium_zombies" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 182x117 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 8" prefab="NFLStadium_survivors" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 182x120 -->
</hub_layout>

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 07:45 AM
BTW there is just a single block of concrete outside the walls, so if you want to add a bigger area in for parking or something do it as a separate prefab and include it as it's own lot ;)

Let me know if you need some help with the positioning and roads etc ;) The road is flush with the edge of the prefab atm.

The main trick with roads is if a road starts at 0,0 (like above) then add the width of the road (7 by default) + 1 = 8 and use that as the starting point for the prefab (southwest corner). Then if you have two prefabs add the height of the first one, or width if going from west to east instead of south to north like this one (_survivors, +120 in this case) to get the starting point for the second.

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Ok, got it, don't know why I started with rotations etc, set all to 0, maybe it was the 2.5 hours drive home from work cause some muppet crashed on the motorway was making me crazy :p

Giving up on fancy rotations for now as my head hurts, but if you are happy with north/south pitch then this is it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bi9seo3ao8nmmh/NFLStadium.zip?dl=0

prefab rules:
</prefab_rule>

hub layout:
</hub_layout>

Oh nice ty. Hope everyone ok in the accident. Appreciate this.

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Oh, forgot to say nice work btw :)

Looks really good and I can see it fitting in nicely to my planned cityhub :)

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Oh, forgot to say nice work btw :)

Looks really good and I can see it fitting in nicely to my planned cityhub :)

ty it took m like 3 weeks to build the stadium lol. as you can see there are alot of rooms empty i left them this way so as to try to keep the loot down. it may still be a bit over looted. but figured when some one found it and killed the zs they could add what ever they wanted and turn it into a base.

I will have the other stadiums ready alot sooner lol let people decide which stadium (If any) they want. ANd hope it ok to use your coding in the first post. And again appreciate you doing this.

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 08:34 AM
prefab rules:
</prefab_rule>

hub layout:
</hub_layout>

do I just add this to the first post copy and paste over or do i just need this instead of the whole stuff in the rwgmixer that i have

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Feel free to use anything I post, I don't ask for credit or anything, you did all the hard work :) The more people that learn how to use hub layouts the better the worlds will be.

I see you worked out which bits to use and have updated the first post :)

I don't think loot would be a problem since this would be its own hub which takes the place of a town/city.

In case you didn't know the prefab rule is just to get them to load (otherwise you get null exception) and can have any name at all. The prefabs just have to be included in at least one rule somewhere even if its not used.

The prefab rule referenced in the hub rule means that if you had additional lots without a specific prefab it will pull random prefabs from the townSmall prefab rule to fill them. That way you can have some houses etc spawn in around the stadiums ;)

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Feel free to use anything I post, I don't ask for credit or anything, you did all the hard work :) The more people that learn how to use hub layouts the better the worlds will be.

I see you worked out which bits to use and have updated the first post :)

I don't think loot would be a problem since this would be its own hub which takes the place of a town/city.

In case you didn't know the prefab rule is just to get them to load (otherwise you get null exception) and can have any name at all. The prefabs just have to be included in at least one rule somewhere even if its not used.

The prefab rule referenced in the hub rule means that if you had additional lots without a specific prefab it will pull random prefabs from the townSmall prefab rule to fill them. That way you can have some houses etc spawn in around the stadiums ;)

Yes worked out which bits i needed lol. Thank you again appreciation for your help. And def if you would like to use this prefab you and anyone can use it edit it etc to their liking :-)

Melcene
10-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Oh dear. Now I want to take it and edit it for proper team colors and such :)

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Oh dear. Now I want to take it and edit it for proper team colors and such :)

lol do as you wish..

Chaosocks
10-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Woaah, I really like this one!! I hope this can be worked into Random Gen somehow, someday.. XD

I don't know anything about sports, but maybe it should be themed around arizona's local team instead of 'zombies' ? O=

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Woaah, I really like this one!! I hope this can be worked into Random Gen somehow, someday.. XD

I don't know anything about sports, but maybe it should be themed around arizona's local team instead of 'zombies' ? O=

Lol it is in RWG lol.

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I am from Australia lol I have no clue as to what team they have lol. I dont follow NFL the actual field itself was already done by the pimps it just hadnt been put in so to speak. But I added the grandstands around it and the shops and toilets etc. It also has to Betting stores (with Vaults) And BTW please keep Jarryd Haynes lol we dont want him :-D

Chaosocks
10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
It is!? Woah
I dont know anything about prefabs sorry. x.x

I dont know anything about football either! RWG takes place in arizona and that just seems like the logical thing to do though! XD

StompyNZ
10-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Ok, so I think I have confirmed a bug with hub layouts and rotations clipping bits off. Workaround is to make sure to use square prefabs if you want to use a odd numbered rotation.

Anyway, I present to you: Frankenhub Stadium :) (3 hours work to create, name inspired by Valmar with reference to Frankensteining mods)

Huge props to Stallionsden for the stadium prefab and Warsaken for the shopping center prefab which I shameless butchered :) I added some extra rows to the shopping center and parking lots to make it square so it didn't clip with the rotation.

Main entrance to stadium with shops and parking

NFL pitch

Grass pitch

The pitch and scoreboards are interchangeable. All you have to do it change the pitch prefab (and add to prefab rule if you use a new name plus edit the hublayout lot to the new name).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2rn5a8535nu76g/Frankenhub_Stadium.zip?dl=0

Prefab Rule:

<prefab_rule name="Frankenhub_Stadium">
<prefab name="Stadium_pitch_NFL"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_pitch_grass"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_north"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_mid"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_south"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_north"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_mid"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_south"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_northstand_base"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_northstand_scoreboard_zombies"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_southstand_base"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_southstand_scoreboard_survivors"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_east_entrance"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_parking"/>
<prefab name="xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a12_v1_sta dium"/>
</prefab_rule>

Hub Layout:

<hub_layout name="Frankenhub_stadium">
<!-- Stadium Drive -->
<street start_point="0,0" end_point="211,0"/>
<street start_point="211,0" end_point="211,250"/>
<street start_point="211,250" end_point="0,250"/>
<street start_point="0,250" end_point="0,0"/>
<!-- Shopping Ave -->
<street start_point="211,59" end_point="299,60"/>
<street start_point="299,59" end_point="299,183"/>
<street start_point="299,184" end_point="211,183"/>

<!-- Stadium -->
<lot min_x_y="184, 68" prefab="xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a12_v1_sta dium" rotation_to_road="1"/> <!-- 108x108 -->
<lot min_x_y="145, 59" prefab="Stadium_parking" rotation_to_road="3"/> <!-- 60x60 -->
<lot min_x_y="145, 135" prefab="Stadium_parking" rotation_to_road="3"/> <!-- 60x60 -->
<lot min_x_y="174, 119" prefab="Stadium_east_entrance" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 14x16 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 201" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_north" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 53" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_mid" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 8" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_south" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x45 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 201" prefab="Stadium_northstand_base" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 242" prefab="Stadium_northstand_scoreboard_zombies" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x1 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 53" prefab="Stadium_pitch_NFL" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x148 -->
<!-- <lot min_x_y="52, 53" prefab="Stadium_pitch_grass" rotation_to_road="0"/> --> <!-- 77x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 8" prefab="Stadium_southstand_base" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x45 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 8" prefab="Stadium_southstand_scoreboard_survivors" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x1 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 201" prefab="Stadium_weststand_north" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 53" prefab="Stadium_weststand_mid" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 8" prefab="Stadium_weststand_south" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x45 -->
</hub_layout>

The pitch sits 2 levels lower than the rest of the prefabs with a bit of nice dirt underneath (need to normalize out the block density so the pitch is level, but that can wait). I left the air layers in the pitch because I have a plan to lower the whole stadium about 15 blocks and add some stairs to the entry's but this will suffice for version one ;)

When I have more time I will flesh out the area around the stadium with more buildings too, but first pass with random buildings resulted in lots of half prefabs due to the rotation clipping bug.

The pitch and shopping area have the spawners attached so edit those if you want to adjust the numbers of zombies etc.

stallionsden
10-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Ok, so I think I have confirmed a bug with hub layouts and rotations clipping bits off. Workaround is to make sure to use square prefabs if you want to use a odd numbered rotation.

Anyway, I present to you: Frankenhub Stadium :) (3 hours work to create, name inspired by Valmar with reference to Frankensteining mods)

Huge props to Stallionsden for the stadium prefab and Warsaken for the shopping center prefab which I shameless butchered :) I added some extra rows to the shopping center and parking lots to make it square so it didn't clip with the rotation.

Main entrance to stadium with shops and parking

NFL pitch

Grass pitch

The pitch and scoreboards are interchangeable. All you have to do it change the pitch prefab (and add to prefab rule if you use a new name plus edit the hublayout lot to the new name).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2rn5a8535nu76g/Frankenhub_Stadium.zip?dl=0

Prefab Rule:

<prefab_rule name="Frankenhub_Stadium">
<prefab name="Stadium_pitch_NFL"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_pitch_grass"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_north"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_mid"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_weststand_south"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_north"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_mid"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_eaststand_south"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_northstand_base"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_northstand_scoreboard_zombies"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_southstand_base"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_southstand_scoreboard_survivors"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_east_entrance"/>
<prefab name="Stadium_parking"/>
<prefab name="xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a12_v1_sta dium"/>
</prefab_rule>

Hub Layout:

<hub_layout name="Frankenhub_stadium">
<!-- Stadium Drive -->
<street start_point="0,0" end_point="211,0"/>
<street start_point="211,0" end_point="211,250"/>
<street start_point="211,250" end_point="0,250"/>
<street start_point="0,250" end_point="0,0"/>
<!-- Shopping Ave -->
<street start_point="211,59" end_point="299,60"/>
<street start_point="299,59" end_point="299,183"/>
<street start_point="299,184" end_point="211,183"/>

<!-- Stadium -->
<lot min_x_y="184, 68" prefab="xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a12_v1_sta dium" rotation_to_road="1"/> <!-- 108x108 -->
<lot min_x_y="145, 59" prefab="Stadium_parking" rotation_to_road="3"/> <!-- 60x60 -->
<lot min_x_y="145, 135" prefab="Stadium_parking" rotation_to_road="3"/> <!-- 60x60 -->
<lot min_x_y="174, 119" prefab="Stadium_east_entrance" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 14x16 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 201" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_north" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 53" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_mid" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="129, 8" prefab="Stadium_eaststand_south" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 45x45 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 201" prefab="Stadium_northstand_base" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 242" prefab="Stadium_northstand_scoreboard_zombies" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x1 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 53" prefab="Stadium_pitch_NFL" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x148 -->
<!-- <lot min_x_y="52, 53" prefab="Stadium_pitch_grass" rotation_to_road="0"/> --> <!-- 77x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 8" prefab="Stadium_southstand_base" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x45 -->
<lot min_x_y="52, 8" prefab="Stadium_southstand_scoreboard_survivors" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 77x1 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 201" prefab="Stadium_weststand_north" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x42 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 53" prefab="Stadium_weststand_mid" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x148 -->
<lot min_x_y="8, 8" prefab="Stadium_weststand_south" rotation_to_road="0"/> <!-- 44x45 -->
</hub_layout>

The pitch sits 2 levels lower than the rest of the prefabs with a bit of nice dirt underneath (need to normalize out the block density so the pitch is level, but that can wait). I left the air layers in the pitch because I have a plan to lower the whole stadium about 15 blocks and add some stairs to the entry's but this will suffice for version one ;)

When I have more time I will flesh out the area around the stadium with more buildings too, but first pass with random buildings resulted in lots of half prefabs due to the rotation clipping bug.

The pitch and shopping area have the spawners attached so edit those if you want to adjust the numbers of zombies etc.

Haha WOW that is awesome :-) great work :-)