PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics Crossbow Not Firing

Joseph Ion
11-03-2015, 07:20 PM
We are experiencing issues with the crossbow not firing. It will take several, up to a dozen clicks of the mouse for it to fire sometimes. We are waiting until it is loaded. Please look in to this, it makes the game play very frustrating!

Thank you,

Ultack
11-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Are you using a mod?

Gamida
11-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Did you repair it?

CG23Sailor
11-15-2015, 03:55 PM
I can confirm it.

No mods.
Fully repaired, even a brand new crafted Crossbow.
Loaded with bolt.

Yet from time to time I have to spam the firing button multiple times before it fires, often missing because I was having to time my shot to get the lurchers (Naked zombie, burnt zombie, etc...)

Ultack
11-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Never mind, I get it now. You say "We" meaning you play MP which can cause loads of problem related to lag and your issue looks exactly like a lag issue. When you get a lag bubble and try to shoot the crossbow during that moment, it will feel like not shooting for no good reason.

The game is fine in regard of the crossbow mechanic, the problem here is the lag.

Joseph Ion
11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the update. CG23Sailor is correct. It has been a while since I used a crossbow, but I am pretty sure it did it when I was just playing also. We run a private server with 2 people max. Server specs are dual Opteron, total 8 cores with 32 GB RAM. RAID 5. On local network. Lag should not occur, but does a bit when on the mini bike going to new map locations. Hopefully the code will be optimized soon.

Take care,

CG23Sailor
11-29-2015, 11:18 PM
I do believe Ultack is correct.
I do experience what you are reporting quite often, and always in MP when there is a lot of lag.

I have never had it happen in SP