PDA

View Full Version : Lowfdog's Stadium (Basketball Arena, Whatevs)

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I finally finished it!

It's waaaayyyy too big for Random Gen, and it's going to take some work to revamp it once A13 comes out, but hey, better late than never! :dog:

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkDPMEmQf2s

Link in Dropbox here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63263692/DogStadium01c.tts

OzHawkeye
11-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Definitely on the larger side of POI's hehe.

h0tr0d
11-25-2015, 09:53 AM
That's not a prefab; it's a space station!

That looks impressive; I must say, and it isn't too big for random gen at all.

Look at the current hub sizes:

<hub_rules>
<hub_rule name="ruralSmall">
<width value="96, 96" />
<height value="96, 96" />

<hub_rule name="townSmall">
<width value="100, 200" />
<height value="100, 200" />

<hub_rule name="townLarge">
<width value="200, 250" />
<height value="200, 250" />

<hub_rule name="citySmall">
<width value="206, 414" />
<height value="206, 414" />

The optimal route would probably be to make it a hub_layout to ensure smooth generation.

Grats on the finish; I understand the labor of love as I am working on a 311 x 311 prefab...ugh.

Does it need a corresponding .xml to take care of anything such as a YOffset?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- and finish first

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Hmm. It might need a Y offset of 1, but I'm not sure how to make something that ginormous populate in Random Gen. I might need some of the POI technical gurus to assist with that one and making it work with RandomGen...

:dog:

stallionsden
11-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Wow Awesome work dude.

ONE ISSUE THO: How do you not know Fallout 4 has vending machines or not lol :-/ haha lol :-P

Ok jokes aside great work this def is humungous and brilliantly designed.

1 small thing which hopefully will be picked up and fixed in A13 shower glass gives alot of issues fps. Mags prefab thread mentions some of it. Business Glass is the better one to use. Just for future knowledge if it dont get fixed in a13. Maybe 2.0 :-P

DL now and gonna place it in my game :-).

Please hope my post you do not take offense or anything from I think you have done a tremendous job. And as a large prefab builder myself I def know you can run out of ideas to do when you have so many spaces. But as you state the next version can add more to :-).

Again you must be glad it is finally finished detailing your prefab would have been very time consuming as well :-)

Ty Man for this. :-)

h0tr0d
11-25-2015, 10:02 AM
I actually just did some explaining for ishsty here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33913-rwgxml-adjustment) on getting it to generate...if you have the patience to peruse:)

Hub_layouts are a different story and there are a few who could help you better than I; Laz_man's thread is here (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32817-Hub_Layout-Guide-(by-Laz-Man)&highlight=hub_layout):

I believe for a simple YOffset you would create an .xml named the same as your prefab (DogStadium01c.xml) and place it in your Prefab folder along with your prefab.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<prefab>
<property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True" />
<property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />
<property name="YOffset" value="-1" />
</prefab>

You may need to add in a Rotation line...depending

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />

Biomes, townships, spawns are optional:

<property name="AllowedTownships" value="town,rural,wilderness" />
<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="desert" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Class" value="SpawnSmall" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Size" value="32,2,32" />
<property name="StaticSpawner.Trigger" value="64" />

Just find an .xml in the Prefabs folder and look for one with a basement to use as an example.

I'm sure one of the hub_layout guys could help you turn this into a hub_layout; you've done most of the hard work and now it's just a matter of dimensions and roads.

(I downloaded this amazing work and am working on that very thing)

Hmm. It might need a Y offset of 1, but I'm not sure how to make something that ginormous populate in Random Gen. I might need some of the POI technical gurus to assist with that one and making it work with RandomGen...

Yes, I imagine there are plenty of people who could do this to help you out bada bing bada boom if you aren't into that:)

1 small thing which hopefully will be picked up and fixed in A13 shower glass gives alot of issues fps. Mags prefab thread mentions some of it. Business Glass is the better one to use. Just for future knowledge if it dont get fixed in a13. Maybe 2.0 :-P

What about business glass or the glassBlock?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Malthis
11-25-2015, 10:05 AM
That is an absolutely amazing POI. Well done Lowfdog. I hope Roland comes across this as well for the name drop at the beginning of the video, as that made me laugh a good bit. I also really enjoy listening to your voice as you narrate the tour of the arena. Can I ask what country you're from so I can place your accent? (Not really that great at recognizing accent origins). Anyways, keep up the good work!

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 10:13 AM
That is an absolutely amazing POI. Well done Lowfdog. I hope Roland comes across this as well for the name drop at the beginning of the video, as that made me laugh a good bit. I also really enjoy listening to your voice as you narrate the tour of the arena. Can I ask what country you're from so I can place your accent? (Not really that great at recognizing accent origins). Anyways, keep up the good work!

I have an accent??!?? All dogs sound like that.

h0tr0d
11-25-2015, 10:17 AM
I have an accent??!?? All dogs sound like that.

Yeah you do.

Inititally I heard Eastern European/Russian; then I picked up on possibly Italian, and every now and then a hint of Transylvanian...

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- ve vunt to suck your blud

OzHawkeye
11-25-2015, 10:24 AM
He's Polussalian!

stallionsden
11-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

in the compo pack it was found that there were issues with the showerglass block. So every prefab had the showerglass replaced with businessglassblock and it fixed the issues that users were having. Something to do with hitting the fps hard or something. This was spose to be being addressed in A13 possibly.

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Well, there are going to be structural issues from changes to bridge concrete, and I also have to replace some blocks that have been moved in the block database, yay, so there will likely be quite a few changes in Arena 2.0. for A13 :dog:

IamRahx
11-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Hey, congrats on finally finishing it. I remember when you first showed me, was blown away then... and blown away now.
Time to party of course

h0tr0d
11-25-2015, 11:50 AM
in the compo pack it was found that there were issues with the showerglass block. So every prefab had the showerglass replaced with businessglassblock and it fixed the issues that users were having. Something to do with hitting the fps hard or something. This was spose to be being addressed in A13 possibly.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we mean business

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Biz glass is good, I use it on several structures, but I like the clear sometimes as opposed to the blue tint of the Businessglass block.:dog:

h0tr0d
11-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Biz glass is good, I use it on several structures, but I like the clear sometimes as opposed to the blue tint of the Businessglass block.:dog:

Yeah.

I was wondering bout the fps hit since the glass Shower is more transparent than these.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- a vote for transparency

Magoli
11-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Very impressive Picture. Didn't watched the video yet

But wow so far :) !!!

I will take a walk through it after work today.
No worries for A13 !!! All Prefabs will be there 1:1 again !!!
(some few blocktypes will be exchanged with similar ones i guess - but mainly the Prefabs stay like they are !)

Can I have ur permission to include this Prefab into the COMPOPACK ?

nice day all
Mag

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Very impressive Picture. Didn't watched the video yetBut wow so far :) !!!I will take a walk through it after work today.No worries for A13 !!! All Prefabs will be there 1:1 again !!!(some few blocktypes will be exchanged with similar ones i guess - but mainly the Prefabs stay like they are !)Can I have ur permission to include this Prefab into the COMPOPACK ?nice day allMagAbsolutely. And then there's a chance that Aaron and Emre will do silly stuff in it. 🐶

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 04:54 PM
I am sad to report that I just lost my only subscriber on YouTube. :dog:

It's amazing how you can fall so fast when catapulting to stardom.... :D

Laz Man
11-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Awesome Lowf! As you said what make POIs great are the details. Everything from your restaurants, TV reporting room, security office, etc. are all detailed and use blocks creativity. Your use of steel blocks for an escalator inspired mine in my city shopping center. The community will love exploring your creation. Thanks for releasing it to the masses. I hope you decide sharing some of your other city buildings as well. :)

LowfDog
11-25-2015, 05:57 PM
I plan to release a video a day on my YouTube channel as a way of rewarding all of my subscribers I don't have. :D

Many of my skyscrapers don't have interiors yet, but I will make them available to the Community to modify. Long term goal is a real City.

StompyNZ
11-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Nice work Lowf :)

Maybe have a chat with Slaan about the city idea, hes got some stuff cooking that you might be interested in working together on for a custom city :)

razor1612
11-25-2015, 10:32 PM
He's Polussalian!You're making stuff up. Clearly, he's Caninite.

LowfDog
11-26-2015, 01:35 PM
You're making stuff up. Clearly, he's Caninite.

I made a video that I think will clear up everything. Also, it's my 1 Subscriber milestone special...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnyPFfSRz2E

StompyNZ
11-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi LowfDog, just noticed in the .tts from your first post that you still have the air blocks/layers above the prefab (layers 38 to 192).

makes the file a lot larger but otherwise not a big deal :) (went from 17k to 3.5k when removed)

I'd also make the suggestion to change the terrain blocks on layer 0 to terrainfiller so that it uses whatever terrain it gets placed on instead, and I'm guessing the intention was to have it sit down 1 layer so having a yoffset of -1.

On the bottom right corner I'm not sure if you intended to have those wood frames too ;)

Slaan
11-28-2015, 10:55 AM
I know I mailed you already loafdog, you need to empty your mailbox lol! I've had a look at the stadium and have some idea's on how I would use it, the size is really good, there are quite a few options on where to set it down. BigC and I shot a video last night that explains in a bit more detail what I'm doing exactly, it will be available at some point today.

Your stadium has not been added yet, I was thinking of making a short vid showing how I would do it, and once its in there talk a 'little' about how the surrounding area could be modified to fit in with the map in general, I've added you on steam also if you wanna chat prefab, or anything else, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the project.

LowfDog
11-30-2015, 04:28 AM
I know I mailed you already loafdog, you need to empty your mailbox lol! I've had a look at the stadium and have some idea's on how I would use it, the size is really good, there are quite a few options on where to set it down. BigC and I shot a video last night that explains in a bit more detail what I'm doing exactly, it will be available at some point today.

Your stadium has not been added yet, I was thinking of making a short vid showing how I would do it, and once its in there talk a 'little' about how the surrounding area could be modified to fit in with the map in general, I've added you on steam also if you wanna chat prefab, or anything else, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the project.

I might have some questions about minibike driving, but you would know that already...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jn8gVbeHpQ

Slaan
11-30-2015, 08:41 PM
I might have some questions about minibike driving, but you would know that already...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jn8gVbeHpQ

Lol, you were the one speeding away after the jump, both times! you rigged my bike im sure...

marbu
12-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Nice, i would like to see some replacements of the original hub prefabs, designed like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLan8qwljJ4& (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLan8qwljJ4&ab_channel=bigc90210)

LowfDog
12-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Nice, i would like to see some replacements of the original hub prefabs, designed like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLan8qwljJ4& (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLan8qwljJ4&ab_channel=bigc90210)

I believe Slaan is going to put Lowfdog Stadium in Slaanhattan at some point. I'm also going to design a ree-diculous bridge for the Big C river (or whatever it's called, heh heh heh).

stallionsden
12-23-2015, 12:34 AM
I finally finished it!

It's waaaayyyy too big for Random Gen, and it's going to take some work to revamp it once A13 comes out, but hey, better late than never! :dog:

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkDPMEmQf2s

Link in Dropbox here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63263692/DogStadium01c.tts

I finally got to go visit this great prefab. Very well done man it is a damn fine build

Roland
03-12-2016, 06:11 PM
moved to prefab forum.