PDA

View Full Version : Other Minibike disappearing without reason

HotBit
12-01-2015, 11:40 AM
My mini-bike (four) are gone from nowhere, without cause or reason, have left no trace at all. And now? Has progressively save? It is to revert to an earlier time? This kind of similar bug has occurred often.

Skubidus
12-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Just happened to me as well. I was driving the bike, then stopped to loot something and as I turned back around to get going again it was gone. On a plain asphalt road with nobody near to damage it or anything.

This ist so annoying. It happened a few times before. I don't get how a bug this severe is still not hotfixed?!? I get the idea behind not wanting to patch every tiny bug asap with a seperate hotfix, but this is a total deal-breaker (sadly not the only one).

Please Fun Pimps re-think your patching strategy. There are quite a few things in this game that are either real deal-breakers or could be fixed rather quickly and have a big impact on the quality-of-life playing this game.

nitnoid
12-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Just happened to me as well. I was driving the bike, then stopped to loot something and as I turned back around to get going again it was gone. On a plain asphalt road with nobody near to damage it or anything.

This ist so annoying. It happened a few times before. I don't get how a bug this severe is still not hotfixed?!? I get the idea behind not wanting to patch every tiny bug asap with a seperate hotfix, but this is a total deal-breaker (sadly not the only one).

Please Fun Pimps re-think your patching strategy. There are quite a few things in this game that are either real deal-breakers or could be fixed rather quickly and have a big impact on the quality-of-life playing this game.
I've never had this happen but I always park my bike on top of a platform of frames.

I was wondering, how far did you travel away from the bike and was the road in question on a slant or was it completely flat?

Skubidus
12-02-2015, 10:14 AM
I've never had this happen but I always park my bike on top of a platform of frames.

I was wondering, how far did you travel away from the bike and was the road in question on a slant or was it completely flat?

I was literally just 5-10 feet away from the bike. I was driving on a straight and flat asphalt road at the edge of a village and stopped to just loot an oil barrel which was sitting at the side of the road.

I don't really get the thing with the platform of frames though. I don't think it should be necessary to do so, either. When you implement a cool feature like a minibike I would assume that it was tested and bug-fixed to not just disappear on a flat road when you just turn around for 2 seconds.

Also it is defenitly not just me, who had his bike disappearing. A quick google search gives you a ton of results on that topic.

nitnoid
12-02-2015, 11:11 PM
I was literally just 5-10 feet away from the bike. I was driving on a straight and flat asphalt road at the edge of a village and stopped to just loot an oil barrel which was sitting at the side of the road.

I don't really get the thing with the platform of frames though. I don't think it should be necessary to do so, either. When you implement a cool feature like a minibike I would assume that it was tested and bug-fixed to not just disappear on a flat road when you just turn around for 2 seconds.

Also it is defenitly not just me, who had his bike disappearing. A quick google search gives you a ton of results on that topic.

I know, and I agree. I do this only because I'm trying not to lose mine until they can fix the problem. I too have done that to loot something momentarily, I guess even that isn't safe. I also saw a video of a guy riding his bike underground when he glitched through the cave wall and fell to the bottom of the world. The wood frames "seem" to work, at least for me. Makes things a little tedious at times, however.

I've seen my pack and deer I've shot disappear in the terrain on a slope but it was always just under the surface. When the bike falls, it goes all the way to virtual bedrock.