PDA

View Full Version : New 7DTD YouTube Series: 700 WAYS TO DIE- Episode 1: Underground Wasteland Base

SunGod
01-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Hey everybody!

In this first episode of "700 Ways To Die", we'll take a stroll around the overground fortifications that lead the the entrance to my subterranean base beneath a lake in the Wasteland, and also tour the still under-construction underground facility. As the tour goes on, I share my thinking behind why I designed and built the defenses the way I did, and share some hopefully-helpful tips you can apply to your own stronghold. Check back for Episode 2, when this design gets put to the test of a 25 minute night-time zombie horde assault! (I also do a full analysis of what worked well and what didn't!)

Happy Zombie Apocalypse, Everybody!
SunGod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSV4Sv5KJfI&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks to everyone on the "7 Days To Die" forums and those contributing to the Wiki!

Footage shown was recorded in Alpha 6.1 using a map originally created using Alpha 5. Caveats: Any factual errors are my own, I'm still learning about the game as I go. My headset mic isn't the best, so apologies in advance for the less-than-spectacular voiceover quality. This is also my very first YouTube walkthrough video and I'm still learning how to work with Adobe Premiere, so be gentle in the comments. lol. ;)

RedBullheaded
01-27-2014, 03:29 AM
Good video, nice base, and mic is fine
Nice half block murder hole

Just a few things i thought of:
-wood spikes currently ineffective for large hordes (they kill 1 zombie on harder difficulties)
-increasing the jump gap into your base to two blocks would be a good idea
-putting plywood or some other kind of fencing block in front of your crops will prevent you from walking into them
-water can penetrate through 1 block of dirt, you can have two rows of dirt on each side of a row of water
-tungsten doors are currently stronger than hard metal doors. (break safes for scrap tungsten)

Carrythxd
01-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Really good video! Hoping to see more :)

Mahingan
02-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Nice video and comment :peaceful:
When do we get to see the nightly zombie hoard test of your base?

Ryosen
02-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Nice job. Just getting started out with 7 Days and you gave me some good ideas to try. Looking forward to future episodes.

Groknar
02-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Good Video Nice Base and pleasant Voice(no homo). Thumps UP. Hope you show more of your base.

SunGod
02-20-2014, 04:17 AM
Hey guys, the new video is now available where I put the base to a test. Check it out. There will be a follow-up Part Two soon! Feedback appreciated. :)

Link to new video post here on the 7DTD forums:
http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?5002-700-WAYS-TO-DIE-Episode-2-A-Night-at-the-Mausoleum-Part-One&p=35481#post35481