PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Blacksmith Shop by Laz Man

Laz Man
01-14-2016, 11:38 PM
Last checked compatible version: Alpha 13.6

Hello Survivors,

Looking to add some medieval flair to your random gen worlds? Or perhaps your in need of another prefab with a forge and campfire (perfect for the early game!). Look no further, and add this humble prefab to your wilderness areas! Enjoy!!!

Highlights:

- 1 x Campfire
- 1 x Forge
- 2 x blocks of copper, iron, lead, and coal
- 100 x medieval baddassery

http://i.imgur.com/6wqXOt8.jpg

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/3t5B6

V1.0 Download Link (instructions included):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kkkj7e7pgtnidb/blacksmith_01%20v1.0.zip?dl=0

stallionsden
01-15-2016, 12:10 AM
Nice work Laz-Man

Guppycur
01-15-2016, 12:13 AM
Looks good. I like the "away from the main building" stuff, I gotta start doing that more. I'm doing stables later tonight.

Deccypher
01-15-2016, 12:15 AM
hey lz loks great , however 1 suggestion is to use a bit of wooddebris in a line with a metal ladder accross the floor would look like a minecart track .. just a thought

StompyNZ
01-15-2016, 12:38 AM
hey lz loks great , however 1 suggestion is to use a bit of wooddebris in a line with a metal ladder accross the floor would look like a minecart track .. just a thought

I hate ladders on the floor as you often get stuck on them :p

I'll pop it in the next rwgmixer I do :)

Laz Man
01-15-2016, 01:51 AM

That sounds really clever. Thanks for the tip. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I put a small storage closet in the back. Now that i think about it, i should covert it to an out house. :p

OzHawkeye
01-15-2016, 01:52 AM
Looks good Laz. Indeed, about the only VERY minor criticism I have of the combo prefab pack is that everyone has (understandably enough) gone for mega sized prefabs. I found when using it, I could hardly ever find a nice, normally sized POI on my maps, so I'll definitely be including this one on my server in the next reset.

Guppycur
01-15-2016, 02:03 AM
Make a ladder block?

Laz Man
01-15-2016, 02:07 AM
Looks good Laz. Indeed, about the only VERY minor criticism I have of the combo prefab pack is that everyone has (understandably enough) gone for mega sized prefabs. I found when using it, I could hardly ever find a nice, normally sized POI on my maps, so I'll definitely be including this one on my server in the next reset.

FYI, keep in mind there are just about zero loot containers in it. Kept to the medieval theme and only added storage chests which don't have loot by default. On the other hand, it does have a forge and some ore blocks so that might justify its existence. :)

OzHawkeye
01-15-2016, 02:32 AM
FYI, keep in mind there are just about zero loot containers in it. Kept to the medieval theme and only added storage chests which don't have loot by default. On the other hand, it does have a forge and some ore blocks so that might justify its existence. :)

The forge alone would make it a valuable early game find. :-)

Roland
03-12-2016, 06:08 PM
moved to prefab forum.