PDA

View Full Version : Navezhattan for 13.6

Uriziel
01-23-2016, 09:17 PM
For some reason after the old thread was moved I could no longer edit the first post, so I'm posting it here.

Navezhattan 2.2 for A13.8 is here!

85 new points of interest hand placed in Navezgane for your exploration enjoyment, and introducing a new town located in flat, scenic plains biome!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Smizmars and Fonfonroos. I give to you, Navezhattan.

With help from Magoli, I bring this to you as my second installment and will be adding more as time goes on, within reason. I need to leave some place for you to build that 25 story doom tower.

This pack contains many "Lost" POIs, as well as a large dose of the prefabs from Magoli's pack we've all come to know and love, right in the greatest city to only get half blown up in the world.

Known Bugs -
Terrain Cutting with Larger Prefabs (This is an unavoidable issue right now due to how Navezgane's landscape is done)
Block Rotation on some prefabs may be wrong.
Some parking lots of prefabs don't properly connect with existing roads
Radscorpions

Included (but not limited to)
Giant Rocket
Pyramid
Skyscrapers
Science Centers
Bunkers!
Strip Club
Bowling Alley
Mag Tens!
And much much more.

http://www.filedropper.com/navezhattenprojecta136v22

HUGE thanks for Magoli for doing an update for this pack while I was mired in a Dilbert Office Space like hell.

Credits go to everyone who added prefabs to Mag's pack if I used yours or not, and if for some reason I missed asking permission to use your prefab it was an unintentional oversight. I tried asking as many people as I could before releasing. If your prefab appears in this pack and you want it removed I'd be more than happy to do so.

NOTE! - Even if you have Magoli's pack installed, you still need to over-write prefabs with the ones included here to use in Navezgane, I've altered a few of the prefabs to either copy air blocks, or to not allow ground objects so they correctly fit. Its not game breaking if you don't, however you'll get some dirt filled buildings or buildings with trees growing through the living room. Using these prefabs will also work fine with his RWG as its simply copying air blocks or blocking trees/rocks, nothing else was changed.

Enjoy, and stay classy Arizona

Magoli
01-23-2016, 10:03 PM
very cool - thx for that :)

I special appriciate it - that u spend ur few free hours with creating such a beautyful mod.

I played and enjoyed ur last map. It was very exciting to investigate the map and places.

Iam very excited for the next play in NAVA with ur new PACK. :)

rock on dude :)
Mag

abc9876
01-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Very interesting, I want to try this. One question though, did you add any more Working Stiff crates to the map? I don't like to play navezgane as there are hardly any Working stiff crates and I need those to get the Auger and good Tools.
Can you just click the link and it will automatically install?
Do I need to make a backup of the normal files if I want to play the game the normal way again (random gen).

abc9876
01-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Wow ok installed it and it looks amazing! Thanks so much for this work!

If you're looking for a challenge though, this is not the best mod to play. Extremely abundant loot, and many prefabs made out of concrete and steel, meaning constructing your own base is obsolete.
i am going to increase zombie spawn, lower loot spawn rates, etc.

Uriziel
01-26-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm actually working on a second addon to compliment this, should release sometime today that increases the zombie spawning. My goal is to create a Dawn of the Dead style zombie survival where resources are plentiful (Holding up in a shopping mall style), while its the sheer weight and number of zombies crushing down that provides the challenge. 20,000 Shotgun slugs and a bag full of pipebombs won't help if you're eventually just overwhelmed, ya know?

So even steel prefabs will eventually go down and you'll find yourself running somewhere new

Uriziel
01-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Tested again, confirmed to be working with 13.7

MTCason
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Has the skyscraper gone? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Uriziel
02-03-2016, 11:14 PM
There are two skyscrapers.

One is located in the plains "city" I added up there, the other is on the northeast area of Dyersville

MTCason
02-04-2016, 12:05 AM
There are two skyscrapers.

One is located in the plains "city" I added up there, the other is on the northeast area of Dyersville

Neither show up in my game. I only need to download and install the files up top of this thread, correct?

Uriziel
02-04-2016, 05:48 AM
That is correct. Let me do a fresh verify/install and see if mine show up

Uriziel
02-04-2016, 05:54 AM
Just checked and the one in Dyersville is at 319N,633E

MTCason
02-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Just checked and the one in Dyersville is at 319N,633E

I only overwrote the server files rather than a complete wipe. Could that be the culprit for them not showing up?

Uriziel
02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Yes it can. Once the region files are generated, nothing changes them, so deleting the regions from the save will fix it, but also wipe the map

MTCason
02-05-2016, 01:40 AM
Yes it can. Once the region files are generated, nothing changes them, so deleting the regions from the save will fix it, but also wipe the map

Thanks very much, that fixed it. So many new buildings! Even some I've never seen in the Compo-Pack. With as crap as random gen is now, and the apparent change of focus on the devs' part to Navezgane, mods like this will become more and more vital. :cool-new:

Uriziel
02-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Going to be releasing a small version fix later today, fixing some heights and placements. These will not affect already generated regions, if you'd like the fixes to be applied you'll need to manually reset the regions by deleted them from the save game

Uriziel
02-08-2016, 08:57 AM
V2.2 is here.

Small update with placement fixes, no new buildings added

LuckyStar
03-03-2016, 04:16 AM
Okay so I played this map for two weeks. Guess I can honestly say it's a success.

Tons of fun.

=) Thanks for making it.