PDA

View Full Version : Utility Combo-Pack

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi there,

My first prefab pack, first youtube vid and first of anything like this.

It's a combo pack.

VERSION : Alpha 13.6

See it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujTw9js6P5E

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjlit5coxhdqtz3/UtilityCombo.rar?dl=0

That's one of my daughters narrating. She's funny and has a great sense of humour.
We had a blast making this.

Hope you enjoy.

*** PS: This really is my first for this game. I appreciate any help you can offer.
You aren't going to hurt my feelings. [So long as you are polite. I am Canadian after all, we do polite really well.]

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 01:26 AM
Ha that was great :-)

looks great Lucky esp how you put all 4 prefabs into one cityblock :-). I think your daughter did a great job at narrating gonna dl this now :-). and check it out :-).

BTW thanks for plugging my courthouse hehe :-P at 1:41

Stalls

Gamida
01-29-2016, 01:31 AM
lol she has the narration down pat............I was looking for the remote to change stations so I wouldn't have to listen to another infomercial.

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 01:44 AM

You're welcome. ^_^ Your courthouse is a great prefab.

lol she has the narration down pat............I was looking for the remote to change stations so I wouldn't have to listen to another infomercial.

Haha that's funny. We had so much fun doing this. Hope you enjoy the prefabs.

Laz Man
01-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Ha that was great :-)

looks great Lucky esp how you put all 4 prefabs into one cityblock :-). I think your daughter did a great job at narrating gonna dl this now :-). and check it out :-).

Stalls

I would like to order 10 please.....I don't know why but the narrator convinced me that I needed them for some reason....lol

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 06:28 AM
I would like to order 10 please.....I don't know why but the narrator convinced me that I needed them for some reason....lol

She's going to get a good laugh out of that.

I know I did. hahaha.

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 06:56 AM
I also think a pay rise is on the cards lol :-P

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Hey so I got it in the Mega City I was just asking for permission for it to be included in there :-). If not that's ok I can release a version without :-)

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Hey so I got it in the Mega City I was just asking for permission for it to be included in there :-). If not that's ok I can release a version without :-)

Oh of course you can. I'm honoured.

Thanks for asking. =D

The next combo pack is coming. Half way through recording the shots now.

These are four, full-size ones and considerably more detailed.

If you like any, you are more than welcome to add them. =)

Doombringer101
01-29-2016, 09:13 AM

Release the Kracken Stallion! I for one will use a Mega City updated with these immediately :)
Like now, Friday night and all, RELEASE IIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

Great job on the preview Lucky (and daughter!) my wife loved the narration ;)

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Release the Kracken Stallion! I for one will use a Mega City updated with these immediately :)
Like now, Friday night and all, RELEASE IIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

Great job on the preview Lucky (and daughter!) my wife loved the narration ;)

Haha I cant release it til I have permission. but it looks great I been playing thru them really nicely done great attention to detail to :-).

LHammonds
01-29-2016, 01:16 PM
OMG! I just saw this! Did I download in time for the bonus?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
LHammonds

OzHawkeye
01-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Haha, the narration alone made that worth watching. I was half reaching for my credit card getting ready to snap it in for a special "first 10 callers only" bonus prefab. Nicely done. ;-)

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 01:26 PM
OMG! I just saw this! Did I download in time for the bonus?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
LHammonds

Nah you missed out dang doomsbringer bought em all. So much for 1 per customer lol :-P

stallionsden
01-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Oh of course you can. I'm honoured.

Thanks for asking. =D

The next combo pack is coming. Half way through recording the shots now.

These are four, full-size ones and considerably more detailed.

If you like any, you are more than welcome to add them. =)

Oh i missed this lol. Ok ty might hold off to see your next lot and add them in to. :-).

Slaan
01-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Nice work on the prefabs it's good to see more people putting them together, the video was really well done as many have said already the narration really worked well with the infomercial style. Can't wait to see more!.

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Oh i missed this lol. Ok ty might hold off to see your next lot and add them in to. :-).

You may as well release now.

I have to re-shoot the whole vid.

I had sound recording at the time and I don't know how to edit that out to add the music I want so..... ='(

It'll be another day probably until I release.... which sadly means Pack #3 is also going to be pushed back.

Ah well.

TopAce6
01-29-2016, 06:44 PM
your daughter is ♥♥♥♥ing awesome! that sarcasm had me cracking up!

Guppycur
01-29-2016, 07:43 PM
You may as well release now.

I have to re-shoot the whole vid.

I had sound recording at the time and I don't know how to edit that out to add the music I want so..... ='(

It'll be another day probably until I release.... which sadly means Pack #3 is also going to be pushed back.

Ah well.
You want to just replace the sound with music? Windows movie maker is pretty easy if I recall. Simply delete the existing audio track and add one with music.

Totally going from memory though.

Deccypher
01-29-2016, 07:54 PM

I may want to hire her for some voice over and advertisements lol

LuckyStar
01-29-2016, 07:56 PM
You want to just replace the sound with music? Windows movie maker is pretty easy if I recall. Simply delete the existing audio track and add one with music.

Totally going from memory though.

OMG are you serious? [smacks head]

I just re-shot the whole thing.

I'm going to go have a nap. =(

At least it's done now and I can just edit the move and release. It'll be ready for DL later today. [Or tomorrow morning depending on where you live, I'm east Canada so PST]

=) Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look and see if I can find where to do that.

Guppycur
01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Yeh, movies have two tracks, video and audio (and you can add multiple tracks). Pretty straightforward in movie maker, although there are far fancier programs out there. Anyway, tracks are easy to delete and replace.

Maztex
01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Hands down the best MOD video I've watched for any game. Fun Pimps should have you guys do there video lol. Nice prefabs as well!

LuckyStar
01-30-2016, 06:07 AM
OMG are you serious? [smacks head]

I just re-shot the whole thing.

I'm going to go have a nap. =(

At least it's done now and I can just edit the move and release. It'll be ready for DL later today. [Or tomorrow morning depending on where you live, I'm east Canada so PST]

=) Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look and see if I can find where to do that.

Yeesh that program is frustrating.

5th time now it's corrupted parts of the video I've already edited while I'm editing.

I scroll up only to see it's gone bad.

>.<

I need to save more often.

Probably going to be up late tonight. =S

I need a better program.
[This is why I avoid Microsoft products if I can. They are consistently bad.]

Guppycur
01-30-2016, 06:11 AM
Yeh, all my kids use it for their school projects, so I dunno what to tell you. :) It's easy to use for the simple stuff. I use adobe premier, but that's because I do greenscreen work.

LuckyStar
01-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Yeh, all my kids use it for their school projects, so I dunno what to tell you. :) It's easy to use for the simple stuff. I use adobe premier, but that's because I do greenscreen work.

Yeah I think an upgrade is in order.

I .... actually own something. Something with the name studio in it.

It's on one of my kid's computers. [I think?????]

Maybe time to renew the license and just use that.

Guppycur
01-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Well depends on what you're looking to do; your other combo pack video, it has a lot of still shots (very little movement) and quite honestly could have been done in MS Powerpoint, then exported to AVI (I think version 10 allows for avi exports), but hey, if you're really going to get into it, get Adobe Premier and dive in deep. :)

KorruptkSwades
02-01-2016, 10:01 PM
I hope i've written this right ^^

<!-- Only LSPack #1 (Utility Combo) -->

<prefab_rule name="LSPack1POIs" prob="1"/>

<prefab_rule name="LSPack1POIs">
<path_material value="gravel" />
<path_radius value="2" />
<prefab name="Power_Station(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Cell_Tower(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Hydro_Plant(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Info_Center(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>

</prefab_rule>

--

<!-- and/or LS Utility Combo-->
<!-- optional to add or only place this 1 lot all in one POI -->

<prefab_rule name="LuckyStarsUtilityComboPOI" prob="1"/>

<prefab_rule name="LuckyStarsUtilityComboPOI">
<prefab name="Utility_Combo(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
</prefab_rule>

--

<!-- All in one only. Requires ALL LuckyStars Packs -->

<prefab_rule name="LuckyStarsPOIs" prob="1"/>

<prefab_rule name="LuckyStarsPOIs">
<prefab name="Cell_Tower(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Dark_Maus(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="GasnWash(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Hydro_Plant(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Info_Center(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Power_Station(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Tank_Garage(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
<prefab name="Wooden_Palisade(LuckyStar)" prob="0.1"/>
</prefab_rule>

Did this to help everyone out. play around with the probabilities as you wish. Backup your RWGMIXER.XML before adding these ! :triumphant:

LHammonds
02-08-2016, 06:08 PM
MovieMaker's GUI was a nice concept but as you pointed out, tends to corrupt video and blow up / melt down...especially the more complicated the video editing being done.

I bought AVS4YOU Video Converter for a specific project long ago and found that if you buy one of their products, you can use any of them. That's when I tried their Video Editor and wow, its like Microsoft Movie Maker except better and it works. LoL Granted, there are many freebie solutions out there but you typically have to use 3 or 4 of them to get the desired end-result. You might want to look into it. It was the best money I ever spent on multimedia software and I didn't even realize it at the time. :-)

LHammonds

LuckyStar
02-09-2016, 04:09 PM
MovieMaker's GUI was a nice concept but as you pointed out, tends to corrupt video and blow up / melt down...especially the more complicated the video editing being done.

I bought AVS4YOU Video Converter for a specific project long ago and found that if you buy one of their products, you can use any of them. That's when I tried their Video Editor and wow, its like Microsoft Movie Maker except better and it works. LoL Granted, there are many freebie solutions out there but you typically have to use 3 or 4 of them to get the desired end-result. You might want to look into it. It was the best money I ever spent on multimedia software and I didn't even realize it at the time. :-)

LHammonds

That sounds like a good idea.

I don't mind paying for software if I'm actually going to use it. Editing videos is something I might just get into.

I've been thinking too long about having my own YouTube channel and I should just jump in the deep end and do it.
Been playing video games for 37 years now. Figure I have a few things people might want to hear.

=)

Thanks for the advice.

Ps: I LOOOOOVE your avatar. Man that takes me back. I had one just like it when I played RuneScape many many years ago.

JayzenFreeze
02-09-2016, 04:15 PM
does this have mags stuff as well or just the stuff you made? Also if they work good enough and look great let him add them to his.

LuckyStar
02-09-2016, 04:34 PM
does this have mags stuff as well or just the stuff you made? Also if they work good enough and look great let him add them to his.

Mag's pack includes this stuff in it.

=)