PDA

View Full Version : SDX6 dedicated server please help

joshwa0816
04-11-2016, 02:14 AM
"Local dedicated server"

Can I get help on how to install this? I can't understand the read me or I'm doing something wrong. Clicking play after doing everything it says launches the server through what was 7daystodieserver.exe which never launched the server for me. I always had to launch the server through startdedicated.bat otherwise .exe instantly crashes.

an output log has 3

fallback handler could not load library C:/-----/7daystodie_data/monolibc

at the bottom

Pacco
04-11-2016, 10:46 AM
this is how your Server Game Directory should look like:
https://gyazo.com/2ad3a5740bf2941a0baa39734403d358

and did you point SDX to the right directory in the settings???
like this:
https://gyazo.com/509c42ad7893c34787697cbfb7b01df7

got it running on my Server without any problems........
btw you have to have eac turned off :playful:

P3rf3ctVZer0
04-24-2016, 01:52 AM
this is how your Server Game Directory should look like:
https://gyazo.com/2ad3a5740bf2941a0baa39734403d358

and did you point SDX to the right directory in the settings???
like this:
https://gyazo.com/509c42ad7893c34787697cbfb7b01df7

got it running on my Server without any problems........
btw you have to have eac turned off :playful:

I understand for the most part except don't I have to run the server from frontend?

Pacco
04-24-2016, 06:50 AM
You have to build with Front end but you could start the game as you wish after building..... for example on my server I build with the sdx Front end.exe and start the game with the server manager....

dragonslayer770
05-28-2016, 09:56 AM
can I get some help with this when I hit build I get this error. does anyone now how to fix it?

Load SDXSettings from: Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Settings.ini
EVENT: Begin task: Backup files
EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll
INFO: File already exists
EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Manag ed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'.
File name: 'Z:\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Manag ed\Assembly-CSharp.dll'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
at StringDecoderWorker..ctor(String assemblyPath, String outputPath)
at SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)
at SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettin gs settings)
at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Mortelentus
05-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Are you trying to compile over the dedicated server build (7daystodieserver.exe)? If so, there are some manual steps you need to take to ensure it works. As far as I know, that will be fixed in future versions, but for now that is needed.

If that is the case, throw me a PM, and I'll try to help.

MysTerioN Soull
06-13-2016, 07:48 PM
For all dedicated servers to have to do is the same procedure the normal game indicating the server folder for the program and after that adjust the parameters so serverconfig.xml server. It is?
PLEASE CREATE A TUTORIAL a simple step by step!!
Thanks!

Mortelentus
06-13-2016, 08:07 PM
The steps really depend on weather or not you have full access to your server... What I mean by full access is the hability to connect to its OS via remote desktop or teamviewer for example.

If you have full access to your server, just put SDX tool there, and do the following steps directly there... If not, install dedicated on your local machine, do the steps and upload the required files (explained at the end).

Unfortunately, to compile dedicated server build with SDX, you need to change somethings manually for now. First of all, i would advise you to reinstall or verify your dedi server so that you have the original files... The folder names are mere examples, using my own paths.

So, after you install the dedicated server you should have something similar to the following folder structure and file names (names here are just examples):

Main folder: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server
Main EXE: 7DaysToDieServer.exe
Managed Folder: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed

What you need to do:

Edit your SDX "settings.ini" and edit GameDir = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server
Change the exe name from "7DaysToDieServer.exe" to "7DaysToDie.exe"
Change the "7DaysToDieServer_Data" folder name to "7DaysToDie_Data"
Now you put your SDXMods in your dedi folder and compile. It should compile correctly.
If you want to change the exe and folder names back to the originals you can, BUT YOU NEED to edit settings.ini now located in your managed folder.

If you compiled dedicated locally and want to upload it to your server (via FTP for example), you'll need the following files:

SDXMods and SDXData folders
\Data\Config folder
you also need to copy the following files to the "managed" folder: Assembly-CSharp.dll,Mods.dll,Mods.pdb,SDX.Core.dll, SDX.Payload.dll,Settings.ini
Finally, remember that your setting.ini must point to the correct GameDir path in your server, so you may need to ask your server provider what the path should be, I dunno.

Until a new version of SDX is out, this is the best way to do it, I believe.

Hope this helps.

MysTerioN Soull
06-14-2016, 01:18 AM
Until a new version of SDX is out, this is the best way to do it, I believe.

Hope this helps.

Funcionou perfeitamente, acredito eu. O server rodou e o cliente também. Vou passar para os meus amigos e poderemos desfrutar dos seus MODs e de todos os outros que usam SDX no meu pequeno servidor caseiro. E continuar os testes.
Agora só preciso aprender a transformar outros MODs em MODs SDX, isso é muito complicado?

Mortelentus...
Muito obrigado! E continue a desenvolver MODs e a ter esse cuidado com aqueles que se interessam por eles, é muito difícil ver essa atenção com aqueles que tem dúvidas e o seu pronto atendimento para tentar solucionar os problemas dos outros.
Continue assim que tenho a certeza que seu caminho lhe conduzirá ao SUCESSO!

@@@@@@@@
It worked perfectly, I believe. The server ran and the client as well. I will go to my friends and we enjoy your MODs and all others who use SDX in my little home server. And continue testing.
Now just need to learn how to turn other MODs in SDX, it is too complicated?

Mortelentus ...
Thank you very much! And continue to develop MODs and take this care to those who are interested in them. It is really hard to see this attention to those who have doubts and your responsiveness to try to solve the problems of others.
Continue so I'm sure your path will lead you to SUCCESS!

Pacco
06-14-2016, 03:22 AM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41428-A-Base-to-get-your-modded-xml%B4s-into-a-sdx-mod&p=434923#post434923
Made this a while ago....you could get your modded xml's into a Sdx mod easely with that example ;)

MysTerioN Soull
06-14-2016, 04:31 PM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41428-A-Base-to-get-your-modded-xml%B4s-into-a-sdx-mod&p=434923#post434923
Made this a while ago....you could get your modded xml's into a Sdx mod easely with that example ;)

lol Thanks!! I will watch now!

Spider
09-07-2016, 02:52 PM
I am trying to get SDX running on a dedi server. I have got it running on my pc fine. I got my provider to install the 6 files in the Managed Folder and after finding this thread I think I changed the Settings file correctly. It looks like this now

[Settings]
GameDir = D:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnZ\735
DedicatedServerDir = D:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnZ\735
GenerateContentIds = true

[Debug]
Debug = false

[Server]
ServerURL = http://127.0.0.1:3000
I got the file path from the output logs and after no effect putting it in the DedicatedServerDir spot I put it in the GameDir location and the server would begin to load the SDX mods (by looking at the output log). But I can't join the server. After comparing a output log of the mod working on my pc and the output log of the server I found that SDx starts loading the mod info but just stops after trying to load fishing1.unity3d file here

SDX: Loading... fishing1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

And that's the end of the output log. No crash, no error, no null ref just stops. Even after shutting the server down and checking the output log again there is none of the server shutting down info.

Any help anyone can give me would be highly apreseated. Thank you for your time.

Heres the whole output log if it helps-
https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/Server-Output-Log.git

Mortelentus
09-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I am trying to get SDX running on a dedi server. I have got it running on my pc fine. I got my provider to install the 6 files in the Managed Folder and after finding this thread I think I changed the Settings file correctly. It looks like this now

[Settings]
GameDir = D:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnZ\735
DedicatedServerDir = D:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnZ\735
GenerateContentIds = true

[Debug]
Debug = false

[Server]
ServerURL = http://127.0.0.1:3000
I got the file path from the output logs and after no effect putting it in the DedicatedServerDir spot I put it in the GameDir location and the server would begin to load the SDX mods (by looking at the output log). But I can't join the server. After comparing a output log of the mod working on my pc and the output log of the server I found that SDx starts loading the mod info but just stops after trying to load fishing1.unity3d file here

SDX: Loading... fishing1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

And that's the end of the output log. No crash, no error, no null ref just stops. Even after shutting the server down and checking the output log again there is none of the server shutting down info.

Any help anyone can give me would be highly apreseated. Thank you for your time.

Heres the whole output log if it helps-

Unfortunately I can't add much more to your diagnostic. Can it be a ram issue, since a big SDX pack eats a lot of ram at starting up? Have you tried a version with less mods just for a quick test? Have you reuploaded that specific asset (maybe a corrupt file)?

Just throwing a few ideas, can't help much more since only tests I actually did with dedicated I had full access to the VM running it.

Yea, installing SDX on a dedi can be tiresome :(

Spider
09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
The master himself speaks to me. I am humbled in his presents. :)

Thanks for the reply Mortelentus. Ill try just one single SDX mod and see if it starts like that. Im not installing the SDX FrontEnd thing Im preparing the files on my pc then uploading them. This works for passing out the mod to other players can it work like that on a dedi too? Or do I have to install the frontend program and do a "build" on the server?

O and I love all your mods they are the best. Thanks for making them for the community.

P.S. **subliminal message**Add trampling to your farming mod:)

Mortelentus
09-07-2016, 04:13 PM
The master himself speaks to me. I am humbled in his presents. :)

Far from it, far from it ;)

Im not installing the SDX FrontEnd thing Im preparing the files on my pc then uploading them. This works for passing out the mod to other players can it work like that on a dedi too? Or do I have to install the frontend program and do a "build" on the server?

It should work with you building them on your machine and uploading as long as you edit the ini path, which btw seems to be correct judging by the log. I would advise you to build the dedicated server version on your PC, if you're not already doing it.

Ofc, if you have full access to the server machine, it would be much easier, but those cases are rare (renting a cloud server is much more expensive then a dedi game server).

P.S. **subliminal message**Add trampling to your farming mod:)

I have :) Still testing stuff a big on our new package but i'll share that particular bit with you in the meanwhile. We are both making packages with similar permisses, so I foresee a good time for people that enjoy a more extreme approach to the game :)

Spider
09-07-2016, 04:29 PM
No I'm building it off the normal game files. I have never made a server but i think i seen a vid around here how to do it. That sounds like a good place to start. That way I have the same exact set up as the dedi. If I set a server up on my pc and can get it working it should work the same way on the dedi right?

Mortelentus
09-07-2016, 04:43 PM
No I'm building it off the normal game files. I have never made a server but i think i seen a vid around here how to do it. That sounds like a good place to start. That way I have the same exact set up as the dedi. If I set a server up on my pc and can get it working it should work the same way on the dedi right?

Yes... I've tryed just for test to do that, and upload to my cloud vm and it did work... You can check my previous info about the steps you currently need to take to compile the dedicated server build (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40450-SDX6-dedicated-server-please-help&p=443274&viewfull=1#post443274).

Remember to cleanup you sdx backup folder.

Spider
09-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Ok I got a server installed and working on my computer. I followed the steps in your link but I still cant get the server to start. Here is the new output log if it helps.
This is the server on my pc.

Mortelentus
09-07-2016, 10:29 PM
"Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Data/Bundles"

I would say something is wrong with paths. Most I can offer is to try to give you some remote assistence at some agreed time, if at all possible.

Spider
09-07-2016, 11:35 PM
Where you say -
"Edit your SDX "settings.ini" and edit GameDir = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server"
That's the Settings file in the SDX folder where Frontend.exe is right?

and

This-
"If you want to change the exe and folder names back to the originals you can, BUT YOU NEED to edit settings.ini now located in your managed folder."
What do you mean by this? I changed back the 7DaysToDieServer_Data and the 7DaysToDieServer.exe but how would this effect the settings file?

Spider
09-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Thought I would put this info here because im sure another player will need it.

I think me and Sphereii figured it out. At lest we got it to work on the servers on our pc's. I put a ticket in to my provider to upload the new files to make sure. What we found was on the server version of the game in 7DaysToDie/Data/Bundles the file BlockTexturesAtlases has a D at the end like BlockTexturesAtlasesD and it is a smaller file size. Also in that same location the server version is missing the TerrainTextures file completely. After copying those 2 files from a client version into the Server version we were able to join the server. When they upload my files ill let you know if it really worked.

Mortelentus
09-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Ok, glad you've done it. I still think you've been missing something though, i've been frequently compiling server build both on local machine and remote vms, and never had to copy aditional files.