PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to do a "Yoffset" for a prefab in the RWGMixer?

illidua
04-13-2016, 07:10 PM
I want to make a prefab with an other prefab on top of it, but I can't seem to make a YOffset in the RWGMixer Work.
As I was trying to make it Work I also noticed that it looks like I can't make a prefab spawn on top of an other?

I have tryed a lot of different Places in the code for the "YOffset.." and also tryed with property name="YOffset" value="3"

Does anyone know if its possible or i just should forget about it? :-)

<prefab_rule name="prefabtest">
<prefab name="testlow" >
<prefab name="testtop" YOffset="3"/>
</prefab_rule>

Magoli
04-13-2016, 07:24 PM
I want to make a prefab with an other prefab on top of it, but I can't seem to make a YOffset in the RWGMixer Work.
As I was trying to make it Work I also noticed that it looks like I can't make a prefab spawn on top of an other?

I have tryed a lot of different Places in the code for the "YOffset.." and also tryed with property name="YOffset" value="3"

Does anyone know if its possible or i just should forget about it? :-)

<prefab_rule name="prefabtest">
<prefab name="testlow" >
<prefab name="testtop" YOffset="3"/>
</prefab_rule>

No !!!

The yoffset is set just and only in the Prefabs-own .xml

If u wanna make a Prefab on top of the other - use the Prefab-editor.

Mag

illidua
04-13-2016, 09:23 PM
No !!!

The yoffset is set just and only in the Prefabs-own .xml

If u wanna make a Prefab on top of the other - use the Prefab-editor.

Mag

:-(

I had an idea to make random gen more random by making a "Groundfloor" prefab and 5 or 10 floor prefabs and then have the rwgmixer to add on floors at random, so when ever you found the building, you never know what floors are in it.
The models should ofc be made with a certain layout for stairs, outer walls and SI points so it doesn't collapse.
something like:

<prefab_rule name="Skyskraper">
<prefab name="Skyskrapergroundfloor" >
<prefab rule="skyskraperfloor" YOffset="5"/>
<prefab rule="skyskraperfloor" YOffset="10"/>
<prefab rule="skyskraperfloor" YOffset="15"/>
<prefab rule="skyskraperfloor" YOffset="20"/>
<prefab rule="skyskraperfloor" YOffset="25"/>
<prefab name="Skyskraperroof" >
</prefab_rule>

<prefab_rule name="skyskraperfloor">
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel1" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel2" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel3" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel4" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel5" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel6" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel7" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel8" prob="0.5" />
<prefab name="Skyskraperfloormodel9" prob="0.5" />
</prefab_rule>

Guppycur
04-13-2016, 10:28 PM
I believe that is possible, and furthermore I think someone did it. My random maze works on a similar concept, but sideways.

illidua
04-14-2016, 07:01 AM
I believe that is possible, and furthermore I think someone did it. My random maze works on a similar concept, but sideways.

I just had a look at your rwgmixer for the maze, witch I think is a great Work, but i doubt i can use the same on my skyskraper. I have gone through it in my head over and over and I think I might be needing some sleep now.. :-)

Guppycur
04-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Found the original post, but I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore since the pimps like to give, then take away, abilities.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32817-Hub_Layout-Guide-%28by-Laz-Man%29&p=321277&viewfull=1#post321277

stallionsden
04-14-2016, 08:54 PM
i dont know if it can be done in rwg tho. Navesgane prolly could cause its a stationary map not random. But to do that in rwg would be impossible. Unless you created a hub possibly work then.