PDA

View Full Version : Zombie loot chest. XML or SDX

Emblin
05-05-2016, 02:30 AM
This mod idea seems like a big stretch on what might or might not be possible with modding, but being someone who doesn't know for sure, I am going to put the idea out anyways.

Unfortunately, zombie loot is really hard to get, especially on 7th day hordes. The current solutions to this I'm not a fan of. Making the bodies despawn later causes potential lag, is extra clutter, and zombies often break the bodies to get to you. The other solution is the bag mod, which is certainly better than the alternative, but it still has flaws. Bags break and fall, or get destroyed by zombies.

My idea is to have a place-able chest that either takes, or accesses, all items in the inventories of dead(er) zombies. Basically, a way to take the items from all nearby corpses through one single block

stallionsden
05-05-2016, 03:24 AM
This mod idea seems like a big stretch on what might or might not be possible with modding, but being someone who doesn't know for sure, I am going to put the idea out anyways.

Unfortunately, zombie loot is really hard to get, especially on 7th day hordes. The current solutions to this I'm not a fan of. Making the bodies despawn later causes potential lag, is extra clutter, and zombies often break the bodies to get to you. The other solution is the bag mod, which is certainly better than the alternative, but it still has flaws. Bags break and fall, or get destroyed by zombies.

My idea is to have a place-able chest that either takes, or accesses, all items in the inventories of dead(er) zombies. Basically, a way to take the items from all nearby corpses through one single block

Look in the sdx tool.tut and mods thread for deccypher bag drop mod meets sdx or in the mod section for bag drop mod. It does what you want

Emblin
05-05-2016, 04:07 AM
Look in the sdx tool.tut and mods thread for deccypher bag drop mod meets sdx or in the mod section for bag drop mod. It does what you want

Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. What I'm saying is quite different, and I mentioned Deccypher's bag mod in that middle paragraph.

What I'm looking for is a block that is separate from the zombie bodies, it is placed down before anything is killed. Then, when somethings die near the chest, you can open the chest and access the contents of the nearby dead zombies' inventories

Carlzilla
05-05-2016, 04:08 AM
Don't think it's possible to create a lootlist on the fly, which is what you'd need to do to compile a chest with nearby zombie loot, even with SDX.

stallionsden
05-05-2016, 04:41 AM
I mentioned the bag drop mod as it is the only solution thats viable. It helps heaps with fps as well you can have 20 dead bodies to loot and it still be better then having 5 gore blocks. Sorry should a been more clearer

Mortelentus
05-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. What I'm saying is quite different, and I mentioned Deccypher's bag mod in that middle paragraph.

What I'm looking for is a block that is separate from the zombie bodies, it is placed down before anything is killed. Then, when somethings die near the chest, you can open the chest and access the contents of the nearby dead zombies' inventories

That should be possible to do with SDX... You could make it auto-collect over time and probably only on access, over a set range.

Not my cup of tea, but yea I think it's doable.