PDA

View Full Version : [MOD] Joy of Cooking & Second Harvest

Carlzilla
05-28-2016, 12:41 AM
In the Joy of Cooking mod I've added a cooking system, heavily influenced by Nanashi's Cooking Skill/Meal Quality mod. This mod adds two new mini skills, Food Preparation and Meal Quality. Food Preparation deals with your ability to quickly prepare nutritious meals and combine ingredients to create new meals. Meal Quality dictates the quality of meals you prepare and the quality of the ingredients you use to prepare them (which dictates how well they fill you up, and how much wellness you gain from them).

Second Harvest adds a few new ingredients and recipes (with more on the way I'm sure) without upping the block count by adding additional random drops from harvesting the grass blocks that you already harvest for yucca fibers. Now they may additionally drop mint, wheat, rice, or herbs...which can be used in cooking. Second harvest requires Joy of Cooking to be installed to work correctly, but Joy of Cooking can be used on it's own.

I'm currently working on adding recipes, and I'll post periodic updates as I think of new recipes to add. Feel free to suggest stuff that you think would make sense to harvest from already existing blocks, and recipes that could be made with them. The goal here is to add variety without murdering the already slim pickin's on block IDs.

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8nc7abqsnaso6tg

szkuwa
05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Didn't have enough time to test it yet but it sure does sound awesome! I'll give it a try this weekend!

As for the recipes (not sure if they're not already in):
from grass:

- roots (some kind of medicine, root beer!)
- onions
- crickets (maybe as a replacement for meat; 10x crickets = 1meat? crickets stew anyone?)
from stone:

- salt (very rare to offset how much stone players dig)
from trees:

- nuts/fruits
- honey (very rare)

Carlzilla
05-28-2016, 03:05 PM
I've added apples (with a custom model) to some of the tree already. Nuts are a good idea as well.

I avoided adding onions because they're a bit large, it just seems to me like you'd be able to see them before you destroyed the grass...maybe scallions or green onions?

I've always wanted to add salt, and I think this is a great way to do it. So that's going in for sure.

I've got another idea for honey that I'm working on...but if it falls through I may make honey a super rare drop from trees.

Roots and crickets I'm still a bit iffy on...I do want to add more medicinal recipes, but I'm not sure what yet.