PDA

View Full Version : XBOX one Dedicated Server

chucklepud
06-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Has anyone seen how to host a dedicated server for the xbox one release of 7DTD? I have been playing for a few years on PC but gonna take a stab at XBOX one version due to the fact that some of my friends do not have a PC to power the game and are more of console players. I see that the 'Ark Suvival' dedicated servers for xbox one require an additional xbox. Just wondering about 7DTD I cant seem to find anything online to this topic. Thanks.

TSBX
06-27-2016, 08:35 PM
According to Roland (One of our moderators):

At this time there are no dedicated servers planned for the consoles. Online multiplayer will be accomplished by someone hosting a game and others joining his game through the online network. Worlds won't be perpetually on even when the host is offline. It is most similar to the person to person option we have on PC right now. The limit will be 4 players.

This could possibly change in the future depending on the popularity of the game and subsequent demand for expanding the multiplayer options.

Lanseril_Storm
06-27-2016, 08:36 PM
consoles wont have dedicated servers, atleast at the start of the games life

BigDuffy
07-10-2016, 11:23 AM
This will need to change if the dev's want to keep the interest of players. Something like what Ark have got running would be great.

FullTorQ
01-20-2017, 03:44 PM
I just got the game a couple nights ago and a hooked. Trying to get my xbox one clanmates into the game as well, so the option to run servers would be awesome. I fortunately do have a 2nd box so I might be able to keep a game running. It would be nice to have the option to run off a server instead of having to keep my box on 24/7 for my buds to jump in and out of. Hopefully this will be one of the changes down the line instead of just start game or join game and hope the host doesn't go offline.

Gatroot
02-09-2017, 03:08 AM
According to Roland (One of our moderators):
We bought the game now give us some reliabilty!!! It blows getting booted every hour or so!!

Rac00n
04-09-2017, 02:49 AM
Is this really going to happen??
I would love to know. As its a part of the game that I really want to be part of.

Update: I could not wait... I'm now a PC gamer for life... hehe

Rouskei
04-11-2017, 12:11 PM
It won't for at LEAST a year+, the game has already shown it has no real interest in a console lifespan; it's too mediocre and full of " we plan on" and "we might" type dialogue. Bgy time they get dedicated servers, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be out. Hell,, FF7 REMAKE will be out. The devs make it a point to hold a falty veil of understanding.

Pablodiablo316
04-12-2017, 06:55 AM
I play on PS4 and its same thing here. Bear in mind that with a dedicated server anythime you are offline stuff can happen to your base due to other players raiding someone who is offline.

Ark was mentioned. If you leave the dedicated server for too long for whatever reason you are not playing, your animals go wild again, your crops can rot and your base can be trashed by other players. Swings and roundabouts on this a dedicated server would be more stable I guess, but I can imagine not having played for a couple days loading in to find all my stuff gone/trashed by others would be freaking annoying

Kahn Yardak
08-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Games like Conan exiles or Ark has their own dedicated servers, conan has the purge that's similar in much aspects to the 7th day attack. These games can run servers so what's the reason due 7daystodie hasn't its own servers... I don't believe on "official version" which is summarized as "lack of resources". Please stop lying us and say the truth, we don't have online servers because you don't wanna waste the resources and time to create them. This game has great possibilities but if you don't create online servers it'll be relegated to forgetfulness...