PDA

View Full Version : Will the console version multiplayer expand to more then four? Or no?

Gage Evgeni
06-28-2016, 09:33 AM
I haven't seen anything but I think it's kind of crazy that the console version is only a four person server when the pc has way more. Other games do it, Elder Scrolls, Ark, and Battlefield. GT: Gage Evgeni

Jordon Saarela
06-28-2016, 03:15 PM
I haven't seen anything but I think it's kind of crazy that the console version is only a four person server when the pc has way more. Other games do it, Elder Scrolls, Ark, and Battlefield. GT: Gage Evgeni

Agreed. Ark did a much better job of creating a multiplayer experience and that game was only $35 for the alpha. The least this developer could do would be to add game saving/continuity, let players host their own servers with spare Xbox ones, or create their own official servers... It needs one or all of those things. This is like the LITE version... Not worth $40 the way it is right now.

Reddpulze
06-28-2016, 05:18 PM
It sucks that there is no saves in multiplayer too. I feel this will discourage new players thinking they always need to restart the game when they play. Its all set up for bigger servers. Allies available in maps. They just need to get some servers up and fast. The new people playing seem to really like it so far. Get servers going Telltale! Watch this game explode in popularity!!!

RipShaDe41
06-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Yeah I was under the impression that this game was just going to be a direct port to console with a few minor changes. These are some HUGE removed features.

I mean the ui even shows when u look at the tab that shows who is your game, zombies killed, deaths, location, allies and more. It shows that the list can support of 30 ppl and has multiple pages but it was removed. I hope it's added later

Doombringer101
06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
The PC version officially supports 8 players, sure there are dedicated servers that support more but realistically only about 20 or so.
In earlier Alphas servers could support more players but as the game has gotten more resource intensive, better graphics etc. this is no longer as feasible.
Several server admins on here could provide more detail on the state of multiplayer servers currently for 7DtD for PC but 4 player coop for console sounds about right, Minecraft for console was 8 players I believe.

DewBanator
06-29-2016, 04:24 PM
As the host player on PS4 I have no problem saving our online multiplayer session. We have been able to stop playing and log off. I would get back online load the game and everyone was able to pick up where they left off. It is just like minecraft multiplayer on Consoles.

kruxtruxx
06-29-2016, 05:06 PM
are you serious! have you not played ark? the graphics in ark and gameplay are just in depth! you should be able to create your own dedicated servers with spare xbox's! this is ridiculous! waste of $40 when your stuck playing with only 4 people!

Beardsofwar
06-29-2016, 05:13 PM
As the host player on PS4 I have no problem saving our online multiplayer session. We have been able to stop playing and log off. I would get back online load the game and everyone was able to pick up where they left off. It is just like minecraft multiplayer on Consoles.

I have been playing on Xbox and it is the same for us. I host a private server and it keeps all our progress. Not sure about other modes yet.

DewBanator
06-29-2016, 08:39 PM
I hosted just a regular multiplayer server.

Do you get trophies still when playing on private server?

Jmson87
06-30-2016, 03:20 PM
It sucks that there is no saves in multiplayer too. I feel this will discourage new players thinking they always need to restart the game when they play. Its all set up for bigger servers. Allies available in maps. They just need to get some servers up and fast. The new people playing seem to really like it so far. Get servers going Telltale! Watch this game explode in popularity!!!

I actually had the same problem on ps4 a friend and I were playing. I was hosting a private multiplayer on ps4. We got kicked and when logging back on the game was gone and we couldn't find it. 6-7 hrs lost

RipShaDe41
07-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I hope to God that it does

naps420
07-18-2016, 07:25 PM
are you serious! have you not played ark? the graphics in ark and gameplay are just in depth! you should be able to create your own dedicated servers with spare xbox's! this is ridiculous! waste of $40 when your stuck playing with only 4 people!

ARK is a bit different, it is not a voxel game. Not trying to say that it doesn't suck that we have no dedicated server support and currently stuck at 4 players, but officially, 7D2D on PC only supports 8 players. The main different between this and ARK is that you can actually change the terrain in this game, that alone eats up a LOT of computer processing power as it has to keep up with any alterations done within the game's world. In ARK, the only thing you can do is build, that does not require as much internal power to manage as it would to keep tabs on player buildings, pre-made structures, alter pre-made structures, and man mad caves/tunnels/bunkers ect..

I do agree, this game really needs dedicated server support, but I am just trying to point out that it's not as easy to pull of as it was for the ARK devs.

Amshnock
07-19-2016, 12:34 AM
Needs servers and a player bump to 8. I would pay to host if they do the rent a server.

They need to do something fast because the game is dying . The 1st week the game came out always had players join.
Now I get just a few a day. Maybe 6 returning players when I'm on.