PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics forge not working coectly

jobby
06-29-2016, 05:15 PM
found the forge was not smelting scrap when put in the 2 boxes on the right side.

have got forge going and have all the anvil mikes and die set.

have tried to remove every thing from the forge and replace it in and still nothing.

snakefiveoh
02-12-2017, 12:01 AM
I just tested four different forges to try to reproduce this bug and the results were consistent:

I had 4 different forges set up with ~250 wood inserted as fuel. A bottom "smelt" slot was filled with lead and the top slot was filled with iron. All forges were working as intended.

However, when I placed an anvil in the top "smelt" slot, the item would not be smelted for over a minute. The anvil would be removed and replaced with the iron at which time the forge would be bugged and would not smelt the top "smelt" slot.

This would not occur when attempted from the bottom slot.

I know that some of my forges in the past would not smelt either slot, so I am not sure what causes that.

I hope this is helpful in the detection of the bug!

Hostile
02-12-2017, 02:43 PM
I just tested four different forges to try to reproduce this bug and the results were consistent:

I had 4 different forges set up with ~250 wood inserted as fuel. A bottom "smelt" slot was filled with lead and the top slot was filled with iron. All forges were working as intended.

However, when I placed an anvil in the top "smelt" slot, the item would not be smelted for over a minute. The anvil would be removed and replaced with the iron at which time the forge would be bugged and would not smelt the top "smelt" slot.

This would not occur when attempted from the bottom slot.

I know that some of my forges in the past would not smelt either slot, so I am not sure what causes that.

I hope this is helpful in the detection of the bug!

That's how it has always worked, at least for me.

As soon as you melt something, that slot goes on the cooldown, before another thing can be melted.
The cooldown duration is depending on the item that was melted, so anvils will generate like 1 minute of cooldown before another thing can be melted. The duration itself is probably based on how much resource points (forge weight or w/e) said item can generate.

SxR
02-15-2017, 08:00 AM
.. it's a pretty simple concept. The amount of time it takes to craft something = the amount of time it is to smelt it. Either that, or the raw value of the item. An Anvil's 200 Iron and crafting time is over 1 min 30 seconds.

To play with the Forge:

Put one Anvil in the Slot, then once it disappears, put something else.

In the other slot, put 10 bars of Forge Steel, watch which smelting slot frees the quickest. ;d

HK40
06-24-2017, 12:42 PM
its the raw vaule to smelting time. so radiators are 100 brass and takes 100 brass smelt time to smelt the next item.

master_m8
06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
I have been having trouble smeltin any raw material at all in latest update i wasted so much wood trying to get any to smelt but nothing happens i can craft in forge just not smelt anything i have gone in and out of the game to see if that would help but it has not helped any ideas

kapre2010
07-01-2017, 05:22 PM
got a issue with fireplace and forge so far in the new update, my fireplace located about 10 blocks away from my LCB do not lit at first try, need to turn on and off a while to make it work. my forges I have 4 forges all located within 6 blocks from LCB the one mid way away from LCB lit at first try rest did not lit at all and the one farest away kind of lit but did not melt anything. Fireplace was working properly with cooking water and meat. My building size is 16 blocks x 14 blocks LCB located at top 4 row of blocks inside the building and 14 blocks up to other side. Basically LCB is 2 by 4 blocks away from any outer wall. hope this help in my description.

Thnx for the great game I love so much keep on develop and work on it :-)

Edit: I try with alternate fuel coal, did not work also the timer flicker from 341 coal flicker from 700 minutes to 699 minutes when I turn off the coal multiply 4 times so I got 4 times more coal from that tryout lol.

scorcher24
07-01-2017, 07:05 PM
.. it's a pretty simple concept. The amount of time it takes to craft something = the amount of time it is to smelt it. Either that, or the raw value of the item. An Anvil's 200 Iron and crafting time is over 1 min 30 seconds.

That isn't the issue.
I had clay in the bottom slot for an hour. Not a single piece was melted. It is not a localized user problem.

Vintorez
08-07-2017, 03:29 PM
I was thinking this was a bug too until I saw this thread, there definitely needs to be some visual feedback on the cooldown.

From what I understand, if you smelt something like an iron pick which is worth 200 iron scrap, the pick will smelt immediately but then nothing else in that slot will smelt until the forge burns for the duration it would take to melt 200 scrap.

HUGSaLOT
11-12-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm happy they added timers what's being smelted in A16.4, but the Forges have ALWAYS been buggy like this since earlier alphas, and the new timer is just emphasizes how buggy it has been all this time. Forges are just completely broken.

The problems I'm seeing is with last item being smelted. When timers runs out and goes away the item just sits there for an undetermined time. Scrap iron takes 1 second to smelt, but when it reaches the last scrap iron in the stack, the timer goes away, and the last one just SITS there in the stack not doing anything. It's not added to the iron available in the forge. It will eventually get smelted even when the forge is off. However larger items you want to smelt (like tools) which already take ages to smelt, even after it's long timer runs out, it takes even longer for it to actually go into the forge. If you stop and start the forge, the timers just start over again.

Also can we STOP smelting clay into forges? IRL you don't "smelt" clay to be used in a forge. Clay should have it's own slot position in the Forge UI (there's plenty of room for it) so the player can just drop a big stack of clay into, and pull it out when they need to use it for something else. No need to burn fuel to "smelt out" lumps of clay... that's entirely unrealistic. Though technically if im mass producing a single item i should be able to use the same clay repeatedly (how it used to be back in A11). Since all clay is used for is a mold to cast items.

unholyjoe
11-13-2017, 12:19 AM
well i am not gonna debate over smelting times (my play style does not make me stand around watching the timer (no disrespect to no one for the way they play... i just throw the crap in and go do something else)), but as i show in my video.. my forge using different metals and changing which slots to smelt in does not give me any problems.

my reply is to show that my game a16.4b8, the forge is working as it is intended with everything smelting and not sticking on timers or stopping at any point.

are you playing on dedi server with lots of people or p2p or single player, are you using or does server have any mods there are a lot of things that may cause an issue and this is why we have to ask the same questions over and over and people get angry because we ask.

so looking at my video what is different then when yours stops smelting? if something is different let me know please.

https://youtu.be/OsiZChawl-Y

Pichii
07-09-2018, 07:17 PM
well i am not gonna debate over smelting times (my play style does not make me stand around watching the timer (no disrespect to no one for the way they play... i just throw the crap in and go do something else)), but as i show in my video.. my forge using different metals and changing which slots to smelt in does not give me any problems.

my reply is to show that my game a16.4b8, the forge is working as it is intended with everything smelting and not sticking on timers or stopping at any point.

are you playing on dedi server with lots of people or p2p or single player, are you using or does server have any mods there are a lot of things that may cause an issue and this is why we have to ask the same questions over and over and people get angry because we ask.

so looking at my video what is different then when yours stops smelting? if something is different let me know please.

https://youtu.be/OsiZChawl-Y

The problem he is having is when he replaces like your iron in the video with say, a brass radiator mid-smelt. The smelt timer goes away and it just sits there.

To fix this bug, simply exit the forge and enter it again and the real, correct timer will be there.
It does this to prevent duping or duplicating of items due to a bug that USED to be there. :p

Talibvor
11-15-2018, 07:14 AM
since our forum got up dated forum images dont seem to work any more. the ones that are in place are working but if you try to change any settings on a forum you get an error that the image dose not exist, also polls no longer work you can post them but you cant vote.

dorkchops
01-17-2019, 07:07 AM
Another bug I found involves getting past the long smelting timers
Step one: place low smelt time item into slot and start the forge
Step two: stop the forge before the item smelts (lets say its at 1 second)
Step three: drag anvil or any other long smelting item over the scrap and replace it
Step four: the anvil now says 1s remaining start the forge and it smelts after the timer runs out

You can smelt 100 radiators one at a time using this method in about 120 seconds...
You can also just have a stack of scrap on one slot replace it and place it in the other slot then replace it again and put it back in the upper slot and keep doing it that way for super quick smelting.

We also found another bug where sometimes the forge stops storing more material but still keeps taking it out of the smelt slots and its not anywhere near the 29,999 limit that it used to be.