PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox] Confirmed: POI's & Towns not spawning in Random Gen

Melcene
07-01-2016, 03:41 AM
Tried a couple games in single player mode, both split screen and by myself, both creative mode and normal mode. City spawns at 0,0 but no POI's or towns. POI roads lead to dead ends. Large roads do not lead to any towns. Cars and mines still appear to spawn.

Xbox (1TB)
Digital Download
Single Player
Character: Reyah

Gerry10
07-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Tried a couple games in single player mode, both split screen and by myself, both creative mode and normal mode. City spawns at 0,0 but no POI's or towns. POI roads lead to dead ends. Large roads do not lead to any towns. Cars and mines still appear to spawn.

Xbox (1TB)
Digital Download
Single Player
Character: Reyah

I have the same problem but on the PS4

CharityDiary
07-03-2016, 05:29 AM
I legitimately thought it was just supposed to be like that...

Guess I'll wait to play it again until they patch this, along with the save corruption bug, then I'll just start a new world.

TOGAvenged7x
07-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Hopefully a patch will come soon I'm ready to play the game like I've watched A14 pc players

Sneckster
07-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Glad it's not just me and it's been recognised as a problem.

I've explored my city and the little town near it but would like a reason to go out and explore, there is nothing out there.

I've tried a few random maps, even went on creative and toured the map on a mini bike but other than towns and the city there are no poi to be seen

FreshPaprika
07-07-2016, 11:23 PM
I can not believe this bug got past the QA... just how can you mess up a release this bad?

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP. This is happening on both xbox and playstation...

WynonaStealth
07-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Ok, THANK GOD, just to be 100% sure, this thread was in "Confirmed" sooo that must mean the devs are 100% working on it? correct? i mean whos responsible for moving this thread to "Confirmed" if its just some random person than it might as well not be here in the first place?? anyone know????

WynonaStealth
07-08-2016, 02:31 AM
So, after obsesively extensive testing/observation, i have some details on the issue. It appears, for starters ALL POIs that NATURALLY Spawn on DIRT PATHS are GONE ENTIRELY! 100% gone! Some examples of these POIs included but are DEFINETLY not limited to; small Camp Sites, Cabins, Cabins w/ Furnace, Cemetaries, small decorative Ponds with misc junk scattered around them, Sheds, and MANY others i cant recall at the moment. ALSO, i STRONGLY believe that SOME POIs that NATURALLY generate on ROADS are ALSO missing. Ive found VERY VERY FEW POIs since launch and ive been EXCESSIVELY playing on both Console and PC as well as putting MANY hours into several DIFFERENT Random Gen maps.

I ALSO WANT TO ADD!!! ON CONSOLE (PS4) WAY more often than PC, im finding DRAMATIC shifts in terrain elevation! This MAYBE MORE than just a cosmetic bug. Your characters elevation in the world effects your TEMPERATURE. With these dramatic shift that reach 100's of ft about sea level, you could very easily have GIGANTIC sections of your world WAY HIGH above sea level

AND ONE MORE THING! SOME, albeit VERY VERY FEW POIS are spawning, including the "Big City" HOWEVER, WITH IN the big city it does seem to me like its missing POIs there as well. its almost entirely filled with nothing more than than broken up buildings. i AM finding a few stores (Stiffs Tools) IN THE CITY, just VERY VERY FEW thats it THANKS!

WynonaStealth
07-08-2016, 02:38 AM
ya wtf!? ANYONE can post a thread in "Confirmed" it means JACK ♥♥♥♥. Why would the devs allow such nonsense??

WynonaStealth
07-09-2016, 07:42 PM
A response from Clare would be a welcomed sight!?

TheZombieGuy669
07-14-2016, 03:55 PM
So, after obsesively extensive testing/observation, i have some details on the issue. It appears, for starters ALL POIs that NATURALLY Spawn on DIRT PATHS are GONE ENTIRELY! 100% gone! Some examples of these POIs included but are DEFINETLY not limited to; small Camp Sites, Cabins, Cabins w/ Furnace, Cemetaries, small decorative Ponds with misc junk scattered around them, Sheds, and MANY others i cant recall at the moment. ALSO, i STRONGLY believe that SOME POIs that NATURALLY generate on ROADS are ALSO missing. Ive found VERY VERY FEW POIs since launch and ive been EXCESSIVELY playing on both Console and PC as well as putting MANY hours into several DIFFERENT Random Gen maps.

I ALSO WANT TO ADD!!! ON CONSOLE (PS4) WAY more often than PC, im finding DRAMATIC shifts in terrain elevation! This MAYBE MORE than just a cosmetic bug. Your characters elevation in the world effects your TEMPERATURE. With these dramatic shift that reach 100's of ft about sea level, you could very easily have GIGANTIC sections of your world WAY HIGH above sea level

AND ONE MORE THING! SOME, albeit VERY VERY FEW POIS are spawning, including the "Big City" HOWEVER, WITH IN the big city it does seem to me like its missing POIs there as well. its almost entirely filled with nothing more than than broken up buildings. i AM finding a few stores (Stiffs Tools) IN THE CITY, just VERY VERY FEW thats it THANKS!

What big city I've only found towns and half of my world is covered in radiation

kfbr
07-16-2016, 01:04 AM
Having the same issue on Xbox One, 28 days into it and would love to go more but there is just nothing in my world. Is there any update on this issue? This is really stopping me from playing further - I am not even sure if I will need to start a brand new world once the issue is fixed.

Is there a fix coming? Would the fix render my current world still POIless?

Thanks, I love the game so far.

Yordany
07-21-2016, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Melcene;449123]Tried a couple games in single player mode, both split screen and by myself, both creative mode and normal mode. City spawns at 0,0 but no POI's or towns. POI roads lead to dead ends. Large roads do not lead to any towns. Cars and mines still appear to spawn.

Xbox (1TB)
Digital Download
Single Player
Character: Reyah[/QUOTE

I'm playing a random gen world on the Xbox One and I have run into several towns and even cities, POI roads have led me to random homes, big cabin homes in the tundra biomes, those tent home type things, I've found factories gun stores tool stores pretty much everything looks normal to me.. I've never played the PC version so idk if there's normally a lot more stuff around, I would have thought that few POI roads that lead to nowhere were inherent of itself because of random gen.. Cars are plentiful so that's not an issue at all, I've seen caves but you don't even need caves to get alot of minerals just dig straight down for 4 blocks then dig around you should hit lots of mineral batches. I hope this helps in some way.

Lionhunter55
07-25-2016, 12:01 AM
I can not believe this bug got past the QA... just how can you mess up a release this bad?

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP. This is happening on both xbox and playstation...

This sounds very rude, I understand its frustrating, but please, these are busy people trying to help multiple players on multiple platforms, it gonna take some time, what they really need is support for making such an awesome survival game.

Divinatrix
07-26-2016, 03:52 AM
I have the same problem in my random gen world. Thus far, the 'towns' I have found consist of a shop and one, maybe two houses and that is all.

Ric Walker
07-26-2016, 08:19 AM
I am glad to read that its confirmed. Started random worlds because nevazgane starts to get boring. But because of the missing buildings and shops generated worlds are definitly on a high difficulty because of the lack of lootable brass and shematics.

BRS
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Why is it when you quit and play again your map is covered in places you discovered? Only way to get it back is go back to it. The map covers up with black in the area you have discovered before.

Stufish
08-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Why is it when you quit and play again your map is covered in places you discovered? Only way to get it back is go back to it. The map covers up with black in the area you have discovered before.

Happend to me only when I played splitscreen. I opened the map in single player quite a bit. When my budy came over for a splitscreen session the map went grey again.

SINergyX51
09-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Just curious if this is still a thing and I'm not the only one? Lol

Running the Xbox digital copy version. Uncovered 95% of at least a dozen random gen maps since day one console release. I have literally never seen a poi at the end of a gravel path. Always have a hub, at least 2 small towns and about half a dozen (sometimes more) of the little communities that consists of a single intersection.

Still plenty to keep me busy but it feels pretty barren compared to my time on the PC.

And I have never legitimately found a machete. Only ever spawned them in on creative/cheat menu maps.