PDA

View Full Version : Ok I Need Help for the PS4 Version Please

jdizzy2010
07-03-2016, 03:07 PM
First I want to say that I love both the PC and PS4 version, but I am a bit confused on the new console version and I apologize for the misleading suffix, but I wasn't sure where else to post this.

-I selected multiplayer random gen with the first difficulty setting (I think it was scavenger). No random people seem to join my game ever. Not one since I started it and I am on day 23. I join random games and they always have 3 or 4.

-Loot respawn? As stated above (Settings and day), loot isn't respawning at all. I was looking at the settings to see if they could be adjusted, but they appear to be set for the public multiplayer.

-PS4 Trophies! I am a completionist when it comes to the games that I like and trust me I love this game, but looking at all of the trophies I think someone was drunk when deciding them lol. Most are attainable, but there are some PVP trophies that go up to 2500 PVP kill (Off the top of my head) that is in no way achievable lol. I will never see the platinum trophy with those pesky pvp trophies in the way.

Thanks again for a great game and I look forward to all of the updates!!!!!!!! Have a great day!

SylenThunder
07-03-2016, 04:39 PM
You're in the right place, I just don't have the ability to add new prefixes for PS4 and Xbox like we need now.

For the bugs, there is a patch coming. We're waiting on Sony and MS at this point. Based on what I know of the process, we should see it late this week.

For the trophies, 2500 PvP kills is very obtainable in time. For a platinum level trophy, that is an appropriate goal. Never say never. :) IMHO trophy's should not be something that you can just easily get in a short period of time. It should be a mix of short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals, along with some achievements that take some real skill to earn.

I think they did a pretty good job overall with this one, but I would like to see some others that are survival related.
If anyone is curious about what all the trophy's you can get on the PS4 version are, here's a list.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/7-days-to-die/trophies/

The Xbox list is very similar, but without the platinum.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/7-days-to-die/achievements/

jdizzy2010
07-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks. So is the loot respawning issue a bug? Or do you know how long it takes to respawn. I am curious if it is set to 30 days or something.

SylenThunder
07-03-2016, 11:27 PM
The default respawn is 7 game days. If you get within a few blocks of a container it resets the timer, so keep that in mind.

jdizzy2010
07-04-2016, 03:16 AM
Yea there must be a bug. I looted a store in central city the first week and went back day 25ish and still it didn't respawn. I've been roaming the whole map trying to get a dang caliper (or whatever it is called to make the bullet casing) and nothing is respawning anywhere. Also I noticed that towns are few and far between. I found two regular sized towns, one big city and a couple areas with 2-3 buildings. To bad there wasn't a way to up the spawn rate of buildings on multiplayer maps. I've been using my minibike and there is so much empty space.

ZombieWerewolf
07-04-2016, 03:47 AM
First I want to say that I love both the PC and PS4 version, but I am a bit confused on the new console version and I apologize for the misleading suffix, but I wasn't sure where else to post this.

-I selected multiplayer random gen with the first difficulty setting (I think it was scavenger). No random people seem to join my game ever. Not one since I started it and I am on day 23. I join random games and they always have 3 or 4.

-Loot respawn? As stated above (Settings and day), loot isn't respawning at all. I was looking at the settings to see if they could be adjusted, but they appear to be set for the public multiplayer.

-PS4 Trophies! I am a completionist when it comes to the games that I like and trust me I love this game, but looking at all of the trophies I think someone was drunk when deciding them lol. Most are attainable, but there are some PVP trophies that go up to 2500 PVP kill (Off the top of my head) that is in no way achievable lol. I will never see the platinum trophy with those pesky pvp trophies in the way.

Thanks again for a great game and I look forward to all of the updates!!!!!!!! Have a great day!

I actually appreciate these trophies , because they are extremly hard to get. Way too many times I have seen as long time games with "easy trophies" so I really like that aspect of the game:)

jdizzy2010
07-04-2016, 04:15 AM
I will test the 7 day respawn of loot in the next day or so. 7 game days I will go back to central city and check the stores.

I do have one last question then I will not bug you all again! At least for a while.

Can the draw distance be bigger? Coming from playing on the pc to the ps4 that is killing me. The environment is amazing and when you can see far adds to the immersion, but when you can only see a short distance and then fog blocks the view is kinda a killer for me. Chances are when alpha 15 is released I will go back to PC until that is updated to the PS4 (which I hope you guys will do). Thanks for dealing with my craziness and have a great day.