PDA

View Full Version : Moving a prefab from one map to another

JaxTeller718
07-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Is there a current tutorial that can help me move a prefab i made on my own server from one map to another map on my other server?

Guppycur
07-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Yes.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10118-How-to-Add-or-Move-a-Prefab

...your situation is likely much less complicated than the described methods, but if you've any questions, ask in that thread and you'll get about a half dozen of us prefabbers helping you out.

The tutorials are likely outdated (And look like they have more to do with navezgane) but exporting areas using hal's editor, cleaning it up and importing back into a new game is a bit mind blowing the first time you do it, but easy afterwards.

Guppycur
07-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Alright, so that tut is more than outdated.

Is it on a dedi, and do you have full file access to that dedi?

There are a LOT of steps; they aren't hard, just numerous.

HAL9000
07-04-2016, 03:34 PM
If you have the world editor installed you can use the export chunks (https://youtu.be/5UWYxHMbmWQ?t=1018) command and then just trim it down in the editor

Guppycur
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Your world editor isn't as user friendly to set up as your prefab editor, imo. I like it, and see the greater potential, though, but getting it running is harder and takes ... a greater understanding, than installing and running the prefab editor.

I would still let you sleep with my sister though.

HAL9000
07-04-2016, 04:17 PM
That's why I started with "If" ^^

That video also walks you through how to set it up though. It's definitely more complicated but that's just the nature of the beast. Once the game is gold and I know most of it isn't going to change I'll probably do some wizards or auto-setup abilities if people clamour for it enough.

Tis a kind offer but you know I only have eyes for you Guppy.

The alternative video would be this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119q0Fh4dgI&ab_channel=HAL9000). It's slightly out of date as it was done for an old alpha and some things have changed like location of the save data but should give enough info on how to get a prefab out. If anyone gets stuck that's what the editor thread is there fore.

Guppycur
07-04-2016, 04:34 PM
I'll be happy to drop my soap for you, Hal, like that one time when we met in the loo of that Chichester pub...

@Jax: Hit me up on steam, if you've any questions I should be able to get back online this week (work has finally slowed down) and can help you.

zigstum
07-06-2016, 11:42 AM
If you have the webmap running, you can find the region that the prefab is located in, nav to to the region folders in the game save folder and copy the region file to another place. Then after you have started up your new world, you can stop the server and overwrite the new region file with the old one that you stored. The new map will incorporate the old region file. The only caveat - I only ever got it to work when making a new map with the same seed.

Sorrowthief
07-06-2016, 06:43 PM
I'll be happy to drop my soap for you, Hal, like that one time when we met in the loo of that Chichester pub...

@Jax: Hit me up on steam, if you've any questions I should be able to get back online this week (work has finally slowed down) and can help you.
Hold a second. Just stumbled across this. U cheating a%& &#$7+:?;#@-!
I saw what u would do for a Klondike bar, what happened?