PDA

View Full Version : Seeds

Pages : [1] 2

Bigphil
07-08-2016, 05:02 AM
Ive seen people say that when you name your new game...its actually the seed your putting in. Is this true or are Random gen world actually random and we have no way of inputting a seed?

Ruffio
07-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Would like to know the answer to this as well!

TerranRich
07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Ive seen people say that when you name your new game...its actually the seed your putting in. Is this true or are Random gen world actually random and we have no way of inputting a seed?

On the PC version, yes, the name you give your randomly generated world also acts as its seed. It actually strips out all spaces, so "My Name Is Jeff" becomes "MyNameIsJeff" to the system. On the console, I'd imagine it's the same way, but I don't know for certain. I am going to test it out with a friend later this week. I'll let you know if it has the same caves, lakes, POIs, etc.

EDIT: In fact, if you want to confirm for yourself, create a Survival SP random world and name it "Not Jeff" (inside joke with me and my son, please excuse) and head to coordinates 1836 N 2139 Y, you should find an entrance to an underground cave at or around that precise location. I'd love to hear back from anybody to see if this is the case. If so, that means game names act as seeds for console games as well. :D

JSweaty009
07-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Actually did a test with this yesterday. Watched a youtube video from a guy on Xbox who was showing the seed he was in. Three huge towns right near hub city. So in the new game name I put in, "fart" and it worked. Found the towns he had in the video. Just had to pause the video when he brought his map up so I could see the coordinates. And when you put in fart, it's just that no quotation marks.

Bigphil
07-11-2016, 09:53 PM
On the PC version, yes, the name you give your randomly generated world also acts as its seed. It actually strips out all spaces, so "My Name Is Jeff" becomes "MyNameIsJeff" to the system. On the console, I'd imagine it's the same way, but I don't know for certain. I am going to test it out with a friend later this week. I'll let you know if it has the same caves, lakes, POIs, etc.

EDIT: In fact, if you want to confirm for yourself, create a Survival SP random world and name it "Not Jeff" (inside joke with me and my son, please excuse) and head to coordinates 1836 N 2139 Y, you should find an entrance to an underground cave at or around that precise location. I'd love to hear back from anybody to see if this is the case. If so, that means game names act as seeds for console games as well. :D

Actually did a test with this yesterday. Watched a youtube video from a guy on Xbox who was showing the seed he was in. Three huge towns right near hub city. So in the new game name I put in, "fart" and it worked. Found the towns he had in the video. Just had to pause the video when he brought his map up so I could see the coordinates. And when you put in fart, it's just that no quotation marks.

Ahh very nice indeed....when ive had enough of NZ i will try a few seeds on random. Thank you both

JSweaty009
07-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Ahh very nice indeed....when ive had enough of NZ i will try a few seeds on random. Thank you both
No problem, I hope the upcoming patch fixes some issues with RG but the seed fart is awesome. My cousin found a awesome RG with more cities with his name.
Coordinates for the city I found is 360W480E, you should see it. The the other closest one is the road south goes right to it, has about 8+ stores and cool rich houses with swimming pools and jacuzzis.

Bigphil
07-12-2016, 09:52 PM
No problem, I hope the upcoming patch fixes some issues with RG but the seed fart is awesome. My cousin found a awesome RG with more cities with his name.
Coordinates for the city I found is 360W480E, you should see it. The the other closest one is the road south goes right to it, has about 8+ stores and cool rich houses with swimming pools and jacuzzis.

Whats the co-ords again...N or S should be the left number...it confused me lol

JSweaty009
07-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Whats the co-ords again...N or S should be the left number...it confused me lol

sorry lol the first number on the left should be 36oish and the left will be 480ish. Then when you find that you should see a road that leads out of that to the south-southeast. Follow that road and it will lead you to a nice size town with 8+ stores to loot.

Bigphil
07-13-2016, 05:35 PM
sorry lol the first number on the left should be 36oish and the left will be 480ish. Then when you find that you should see a road that leads out of that to the south-southeast. Follow that road and it will lead you to a nice size town with 8+ stores to loot.

Ahh yes thank you...found it. Just waiting out the night then im going to searcg for water :)

JSweaty009
07-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Ahh yes thank you...found it. Just waiting out the night then im going to searcg for water :)
If you are in the same town I am thinking of, look for a house with a red metal fence all the way around it, out back is a nice sized swimming pool for a infinite supply of water, that's what I have been doing.

Bigphil
07-14-2016, 12:10 AM

Ahh brilliant...when i next log in ill make the trek :) thanks mate

jdizzy2010
07-14-2016, 02:04 AM
We should compile a list of good seed names for players to use.

Vulkatiian Dexi
07-15-2016, 01:27 AM
Actually most, if not all, of the seeds on PC don't carry over to console. But I'm REALLY in need of some seeds man I ant find any

caleb68
07-15-2016, 04:20 AM
Actually most, if not all, of the seeds on PC don't carry over to console. But I'm REALLY in need of some seeds man I ant find any

I posted two seeds that I have found to be pretty good in Nother seed thread, one I came up with myself, the other is a pc seed that actually worked the same, minus the dirt road poi's which are broken right now, heres a copy of it:

I've been trying different seeds and looking for one that was a little better then my current one.

Current one is RedMountain, has good sized biomes, large lakes, 4 small towns I have found so far, and a good amount of loot. People looking for one with a large snow area, this ones got a rather lvarge snow area.

Edit in: the large snow area in RedMountain is north west of the main hub, cant miss it.

After trying about 30 different seeds from ps4, xbone, and pc, I finally found a pretty nice one. The seed name is InsaneHCA14

It has two large city hubs that I know of, and several smaller towns in it, lots of green forest area that supply good game to hunt, sevral deserts that I have come across and a large snow area jusr north east of the main city hub. Here are some of the locations on the map:

Town 130N 2015E
Town 2250N 350E
Town 3020S 1925E
Town 2734S 153E
Hub2 1150N 1500W
Mine 800s 750E

There are more mines but I didnt tag them all, some being pretty small.
This seed is a pc seed from alpha 14.0, everything that was mentioned about it showed up except the dirt path structures but from my understanding there is a bug with that on the ps4 right now, Will be a good one to look at after they get those fixed, tons of small dirt paths all over in the areas I have explored, and I havent even explored that much of the full map yet. Seems to be a worthwhile seed :)

Edit in: I have found two more towns sense I started exploring it:

Town 3028S 1949E
town 1709S 2716E

This map defently has a ton of towns on it, and the town at 3028 is larger then the typical small town. Still tons of areas on the map that I havent been to, sure there are even more towns out there. Buy end of day three I have already gotten all 3 items for the forge, a sniper rifle, iron pick axe, iron shovel, iron axe, a hoe 21 repair kits, 148 rebar frames, 52 wooden frames, 3 steel ingots, and afew more trinkets as well as a mining helmet all just from quick scavaging. Yep think this is going to be my next map.

Bigphil
07-15-2016, 09:33 AM
I posted two seeds that I have found to be pretty good in Nother seed thread, one I came up with myself, the other is a pc seed that actually worked the same, minus the dirt road poi's which are broken right now, heres a copy of it:

Town 3028S 1949E
town 1709S 2716E

This map defently has a ton of towns on it, and the town at 3028 is larger then the typical small town. Still tons of areas on the map that I havent been to, sure there are even more towns out there. Buy end of day three I have already gotten all 3 items for the forge, a sniper rifle, iron pick axe, iron shovel, iron axe, a hoe 21 repair kits, 148 rebar frames, 52 wooden frames, 3 steel ingots, and afew more trinkets as well as a mining helmet all just from quick scavaging. Yep think this is going to be my next map.

In the 2nd town you posted...2250N 350E there is an underground bunker too...spawned near said town n found where ill be staying while i build elsewhere thanks for the info

JSweaty009
07-15-2016, 10:53 AM

Town 3028S 1949E
town 1709S 2716E

Thanks for the info on this, will definitely be my next random gen I start.

Gazz
07-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Yah, even subtle differences in the biome setup will get you a totally different world and the console worlds have to be different (and smaller) because there is no way to fit a "PC world" into the available RAM and HDD space.

I checked on my server and the "savegame" there is close to 6 GB.

JSweaty009
07-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Yah, even subtle differences in the biome setup will get you a totally different world and the console worlds have to be different (and smaller) because there is no way to fit a "PC world" into the available RAM and HDD space.

I checked on my server and the "savegame" there is close to 6 GB.

Yeah you're right. Tried a few seeds from a thread on the PC section and none of them worked. Sucks because I seen some really cool worlds. I hope that we can get military bases on random gen on the consoles.

caleb68
07-15-2016, 08:17 PM
In the 2nd town you posted...2250N 350E there is an underground bunker too...spawned near said town n found where ill be staying while i build elsewhere thanks for the info

Jthere is one in the town at 3028S 1949E as well :) this seed is looking better the more I explore it :)

JSweaty009
07-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Jthere is one in the town at 3028S 1949E as well :) this seed is looking better the more I explore it :)
Nice I didn't find that one yet. Thanks for the info will be heading there this evening

Vulkatiian Dexi
07-16-2016, 01:03 AM

Town 3028S 1949E
town 1709S 2716E

Hey man thanks a lot. I'll definitely have to try out these seeds. I think I've tried InsaneHCA14 but I couldn't find much, but that might be due to the fact I don't think I looked around enough. And if the dirt road bug on PS4 refers to NOTHING being on dirt roads, then yeah it's on Xbox too. Must be a console thing. I'm also having problems with my main roads just randomly ending and cutting off for no reason. Hope they patch this soon!

caleb68
07-16-2016, 07:14 AM
Glad you guys like the seed, happy I found it. Here's a recap of the seed locations I have found as well as which ones have bunkers that I know of

Seed: InsaneHCA14

It has two large city hubs that I know of, and several smaller towns in it, lots of green forest area that supply good game to hunt, sevral deserts that I have come across and a large snow area jusr north east of the main city hub. Here are some of the locations on the map:

Town 130N 2015E
Town 2250N 350E has bunker
Town 3020S 1925E
Town 2734S 153E
Town 3028S 1949E has bunker, SE corner of town borders the edge of map, careful running too far south out of town on that side.
town 1709S 2716E
town 1525S 2634W has two cemetaries
Town 1652S 854W has bunker
Cemetary 414N 2987W
Hub2 1150N 1500W
Mine 800s 750E
Small poi spot, has a bank, 3 other buildings 2473N 1108W

I have explored alot of the roads in the map but There are still ones that I havent gone down. Tons of little dirt walkways so when they fix the poi's for them hopefully it will add a bunch more to the map. There is a large body of water that runs along the north west corner of the map, havent found any other large bodies of water. A large snow biome that is north east out of the main hub that extends all the way over to the town at 130N 2015E and the north part of town is in the snow biome while the south side is in a desert biome.

Hope all this info on InsaneHCA14 helps, make sure to use case when typing in the name else you'll get something totally different

Edit in: fixed some late night typos

Vulkatiian Dexi - yeah same bug, nothing spawns at the end of the dirt roads, it plagues both console systems.

ZombApoc
07-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info on InsaneHCA14.

The town at 2250N / 350E also has a bank, crack-a-book, working stiff, pop-n-pills, and shotgun messiah.

caleb68
07-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info on InsaneHCA14.

The town at 2250N / 350E also has a bank, crack-a-book, working stiff, pop-n-pills, and shotgun messiah.

The second hub city has two shotgun messiahs back to back, and the other shops, made a pitstop there quick like and is where I found my poor quality sniper rifle (58) but it still brings a deer down with one shot to the head :D. Havent tried to explore the hub at 0,0 no idea what is in that city. Most the towns seem to have a food store so thats good.

caleb68
07-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Nice I didn't find that one yet. Thanks for the info will be heading there this evening

The town at 1652S 854W bunker ( 1845S 987W ) has a huge iron/nitrate/lead vein directly under the small room off to the rught of the kitchen area, the vein goes pretty deep, found it while expanding the bunker, makes for some nice easy access materials.

Deathjumps
07-19-2016, 07:54 PM
sorry for being a complete noob here but what do you guys mean by 'Seed', is this simply what you name your game save? and does this create a certain type of game or what??

caleb68
07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
sorry for being a complete noob here but what do you guys mean by 'Seed', is this simply what you name your game save? and does this create a certain type of game or what??

Whenyou start a random gen game it asks you for a name for the save, that name is what it uses as the seed, so if you find a really good one, you can share that name with your friends or others and they can play the same seed on thier console.

BYKmatty
07-20-2016, 01:19 AM

is this for PC or for console? im on ps4 this would be interesting to check out

caleb68
07-20-2016, 03:20 AM
is this for PC or for console? im on ps4 this would be interesting to check out

everything I have listed are things that I have been able to find on the PS4, there is only one town thats kinda messed in it, up in the north west corner, dont think I listed it. Everything else I found are pretty nice, some with multiple biomes in the towns, like the one just east of the big central snow biome, it has oart snow, part plains, and part desert in the town.

cran
07-20-2016, 05:09 PM

Cave confirmed, checked it out as Character "Jeff" on both SP and on Private game for PS4 cave was there for both awesome water source :)

MrSmoke
07-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Glad you guys like the seed, happy I found it. Here's a recap of the seed locations I have found as well as which ones have bunkers that I know of

Town 130N 2015E
Town 3020S 1925E
Town 2734S 153E
Town 3028S 1949E has bunker, SE corner of town borders the edge of map, careful running too far south out of town on that side.
town 1709S 2716E
Cemetary 414N 2987W
Hub2 1150N 1500W
Mine 800s 750E

I have explored alot of the roads in the map but There are still ones that I havent gone down. Tons of little dirt walkways so when they fix the poi's for them hopefully it will add a bunch more to the map. There is a large body of water that runs along the north west corner of the map, havent found any other large bodies of water. A large snow biome that is north east out of the main hub that extends all the way over to the town at 130N 2015E and the north part of town is in the snow biome while the south side is in a desert biome.

Hope all this info on InsaneHCA14 helps, make sure to use case when typing in the name else you'll get something totally different

Vulkatiian Dexi - yeah same bug, nothing spawns at the end of the dirt roads, it plagues both console systems.

I started a new game using this seed since its clearly got a good amount of towns and POIs in it.

Spawned near the 2250N 350E town so i have setup my own little bunker/mine there while i thoroughly explore the town. Noticed there is a desert biome not far away too which is good. Still need to locate the bunker thats in town.

My question is though, is there a viable source of water nearby? Havent been able to explore outside the town much yet but im going to be needing water soon and was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction.

caleb68
07-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Look for a building with a iron fence around the yard it will have a floodd basement that can never be emptied (it always fills back up no matter what you do).

The bunkers - look for a garage with a scrap metal/fence around the back side of it, the fence will be attached to the garage, and a street lamp in the back. The first 3 metal plates inside the garage cover the entrance to the bunker. There is also a vent entrance in the fenced area, it is covered by a scrap metal plate and sealed off with teo iron bars, one at the top and one at the bottom that drops into the kitchen.

The only big lake I have found is in the north west corner of the map, I still havent found any other water source besides the holes in the big city, the houses that have pools in the back yard (redwood fencing around it) and the floodd basement houses. From what I remember exploring each town had a pool house or a flooded basement house, sometims both.

I started another game myself on this map, and took up in a bunker, have been working on expanding the underside of the bunker :).

Some of the bunkers entry doors will respawn if you break them out, replacing the door you may put there. A simple method to get around it being locked is to place the door in the same spot, green box showing on the inside, then lock the door and pin code it. When the original door respawns you will be the owner of it.

MrSmoke
07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Look for a building with a iron fence around the yard it will have a floodd basement that can never be emptied (it always fills back up no matter what you do).

The bunkers - look for a garage with a scrap metal/fence around the back side of it, the fence will be attached to the garage, and a street lamp in the back. The first 3 metal plates inside the garage cover the entrance to the bunker. There is also a vent entrance in the fenced area, it is covered by a scrap metal plate and sealed off with teo iron bars, one at the top and one at the bottom that drops into the kitchen.

The only big lake I have found is in the north west corner of the map, I still havent found any other water source besides the holes in the big city, the houses that have pools in the back yard (redwood fencing around it) and the floodd basement houses. From what I remember exploring each town had a pool house or a flooded basement house, sometims both.

I started another game myself on this map, and took up in a bunker, have been working on expanding the underside of the bunker :).

Some of the bunkers entry doors will respawn if you break them out, replacing the door you may put there. A simple method to get around it being locked is to place the door in the same spot, green box showing on the inside, then lock the door and pin code it. When the original door respawns you will be the owner of it.

Thank you so much for the response caleb68.

I found the house in the Southwest corner with the pool, but have almost emptied it completely. I will search for the flooded basement next.

I recall going through the small garage with the fenced area around it but didnt realize there is a bunker hiding beneath the area. Might have to use my created tunnel/bunker/mine and connect it to the prefab bunker as an emergency exit.

Good to know about the doors. I had a bug in my game with some friends where a hatch i made and upgraded locked on us and nobody could open it. Ive started setting pin code locks on all my items now in hopes that is a workaround until the issue gets patched.

Cheers for the info!

caleb68
07-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Thank you so much for the response caleb68.

I found the house in the Southwest corner with the pool, but have almost emptied it completely. I will search for the flooded basement next.

I recall going through the small garage with the fenced area around it but didnt realize there is a bunker hiding beneath the area. Might have to use my created tunnel/bunker/mine and connect it to the prefab bunker as an emergency exit.

Good to know about the doors. I had a bug in my game with some friends where a hatch i made and upgraded locked on us and nobody could open it. Ive started setting pin code locks on all my items now in hopes that is a workaround until the issue gets patched.

Cheers for the info!

If your going to dig a tunnel to it I suggest you dig one thats deeper then the bunker is, the prefab bunker is good hiding from normal zombies but not blood moon zombies, crouching in the bunker when zombies are passing by makes them not sense you, but if your standing close ones can sense you. This is why I am expanding it, i went a additional 8 blocks down and started building a entry chamber, cant see it too good as I dont have lighting in it yet, from there I am going to be adding at least two more levels below it, each level being 5 blocks high (floor, wall, ceiling, making it a double thickness between levels.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13765982_10207447857134768_6900922836151155609_o.j pg?dl=1

Edit in: Game settings are all default, except days are 60 minutes, and day light is 18 hours.

MrSmoke
07-22-2016, 05:43 PM
If your going to dig a tunnel to it I suggest you dig one thats deeper then the bunker is, the prefab bunker is good hiding from normal zombies but not blood moon zombies, crouching in the bunker when zombies are passing by makes them not sense you, but if your standing close ones can sense you. This is why I am expanding it, i went a additional 8 blocks down and started building a entry chamber, cant see it too good as I dont have lighting in it yet, from there I am going to be adding at least two more levels below it, each level being 5 blocks high (floor, wall, ceiling, making it a double thickness between levels.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13765982_10207447857134768_6900922836151155609_o.j pg?dl=1

Edit in: Game settings are all default, except days are 60 minutes, and day light is 18 hours.

Before i dig too much more i should locate the bunker itself and figure out how far away i am with my current hideout. If its too far i can keep my current one for a mine or a second bunker/tunnel system. My luck i will be on the opposite side of town and its going to take me forever. I will likely still connect the two and find the middle point between entrances to dig down deep and create my underground hideout. Right now im just trying to dig down deep enough that im safe come my first blood moon on day 7.

You play on PS4 correct? Maybe sometime we can get together in multiplayer on this wonderful map you created/generated.

caleb68
07-23-2016, 02:07 AM
Before i dig too much more i should locate the bunker itself and figure out how far away i am with my current hideout. If its too far i can keep my current one for a mine or a second bunker/tunnel system. My luck i will be on the opposite side of town and its going to take me forever. I will likely still connect the two and find the middle point between entrances to dig down deep and create my underground hideout. Right now im just trying to dig down deep enough that im safe come my first blood moon on day 7.

You play on PS4 correct? Maybe sometime we can get together in multiplayer on this wonderful map you created/generated.

Someone else has to take credit for the seed name, I tried a ton of seed names but this one was a good one, it was originally for the pc, so I wasnt holding my breath on it, but it turned out great.

Been holding off on playing a multiplayer game till they come out with the next patch, seems that the majority of the ugly bugs are happening on mp maps, including the dreaded build envioronment bug. But ya it could be fun :).

For day seven horde (and a couple after) I ran off to a neigboring town, I survived but the buildings havent lol, the day seven horde was by far the worst on the building so far, they managed to make the whole fron side of the building collapse, but I think I may of added a little instability with my addon to the roof. was down deep in a mine on the last one.

One thing I want to do is dig a tunnel system under all the roads in this town and interconnect all the buildings to it, for fast movement through town, but thats still going to be awhile away, I need to get my crafting rooms done, and the sleeping spot as well. Going to do a little vid walkthrough in a couple days to show my friends what I have done so far, I'll post it so you can take a look, plan on a escape tunnel that goes out of town with a minibike in it for a fast get-a-way.

MrSmoke
07-23-2016, 03:49 AM
Someone else has to take credit for the seed name, I tried a ton of seed names but this one was a good one, it was originally for the pc, so I wasnt holding my breath on it, but it turned out great.

Been holding off on playing a multiplayer game till they come out with the next patch, seems that the majority of the ugly bugs are happening on mp maps, including the dreaded build envioronment bug. But ya it could be fun :).

For day seven horde (and a couple after) I ran off to a neigboring town, I survived but the buildings havent lol, the day seven horde was by far the worst on the building so far, they managed to make the whole fron side of the building collapse, but I think I may of added a little instability with my addon to the roof. was down deep in a mine on the last one.

One thing I want to do is dig a tunnel system under all the roads in this town and interconnect all the buildings to it, for fast movement through town, but thats still going to be awhile away, I need to get my crafting rooms done, and the sleeping spot as well. Going to do a little vid walkthrough in a couple days to show my friends what I have done so far, I'll post it so you can take a look, plan on a escape tunnel that goes out of town with a minibike in it for a fast get-a-way.

Well im glad you tried it on console.

Still havent left town but i should go collect the air drops littered on the outskirts.

I noticed a few bugs when playing MP with a friend but nothing in SP really. I hope the patch fixes all the major stuff because MP is a lot of fun.

Im close to the bunker with my tunnel so im working my way over to it. Id like to knock the shed down around the entrance and build a small cobblestone fortress on top of the bunker entrance. Likely going to build a farm somewhere and have my tunnel run to it. Im leary on the minibike as ive read about numerous bugs with it. Patch is coming soon though, so those could be fixed as well.

Anyways, back to digging!!

WaitWhuuut
07-23-2016, 04:35 AM

Town 130N 2015E
Town 3020S 1925E
Town 2734S 153E
town 1709S 2716E
Cemetary 414N 2987W
Hub2 1150N 1500W
Mine 800s 750E

Hey, just wondering where to locate the bunker in the town at 1652S 854W, not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

caleb68
07-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Hey, just wondering where to locate the bunker in the town at 1652S 854W, not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Your lucky, thats the bunker I am building at this time around heh, 1841S 988W, just look for the garage with the fenced backside, bust out the first three metal plates as you enter the garage to get into the bunker.

ZombApoc
07-23-2016, 05:38 PM
I found a new town in the InsaneHCA14 seed.

2500N 2000E

There is a bunker at the SE corner of town. Also saw a bank, shotgun messiah, working stiff, crack-a-book, and a factory so far. It's a decent size town with a beach+lake right next to the east side. Beach front property! :)

caleb68
07-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I found a new town in the InsaneHCA14 seed.

2500N 2000E

There is a bunker at the SE corner of town. Also saw a bank, shotgun messiah, working stiff, crack-a-book, and a factory so far. It's a decent size town with a beach+lake right next to the east side. Beach front property! :)

Is that the town in the burnt land with the messed up roadside gutters?

ZombApoc
07-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Is that the town in the burnt land with the messed up roadside gutters?

It's a green biome on my map, except a small portion of the NE corner of town that's tan colored from being so close to the water. No burnt land there.

caleb68
07-23-2016, 08:45 PM
It's a green biome on my map, except a small portion of the NE corner of town that's tan colored from being so close to the water. No burnt land there.

Cool :D another to add to the list, I'll have to go check it out, havent been in that one.

WaitWhuuut
07-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Your lucky, thats the bunker I am building at this time around heh, 1841S 988W, just look for the garage with the fenced backside, bust out the first three metal plates as you enter the garage to get into the bunker.

I was looking around but the only sort of bunker I found was in the electricity compound that was more of an underground missile launch station.

I'll keep looking for the garage with the fence as that's what I was originally looking for to no avail.

Thank you for the reply and will keep looking.

ZombApoc
07-24-2016, 03:14 AM
When you're looking for the bunker site, keep an eye out for light poles. The fenced area has one in the backyard. Once you find it, break the metal plates on the floor inside the garage/shack as caleb68 mentioned. Good luck!

Edit: I think the coordinates 1841S 988W caleb68 posted should be the exact location of the bunker. Check there

caleb68
07-24-2016, 04:03 AM
When you're looking for the bunker site, keep an eye out for light poles. The fenced area has one in the backyard. Once you find it, break the metal plates on the floor inside the garage/shack as caleb68 mentioned. Good luck!

Edit: I think the coordinates 1841S 988W caleb68 posted should be the exact location of the bunker. Check there

Yeppers thats the cords of the bunker :)

WaitWhuuut
07-24-2016, 04:27 AM

Thank you both for the reply! ^_^

dsellman95
07-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Caleb...or anyone.
Any chance someone could create a downloadable map of this seed? Has it been fully explored yet?
Not sure what it would take or if possible, just curious. thanks

caleb68
07-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Caleb...or anyone.
Any chance someone could create a downloadable map of this seed? Has it been fully explored yet?
Not sure what it would take or if possible, just curious. thanks

I have over 32 hours in the map and there is still tons of areas I havent explored, not sure how one would do a full map...maybe in share factory? Not sure.

dsellman95
07-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Ok, wow. that is huge! I really have no clue how it can be done, just thought I'd ask.
A ton of screen shots of your map and then combine them into sections/quadrants?

We just hit day 7, 3 screamer hordes an hour before the Bloodmoon horde. Was quite fun... crappy thing, We are on a private server and my friends kept getting booted.

caleb68
07-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Ok, wow. that is huge! I really have no clue how it can be done, just thought I'd ask.
A ton of screen shots of your map and then combine them into sections/quadrants?

We just hit day 7, 3 screamer hordes an hour before the Bloodmoon horde. Was quite fun... crappy thing, We are on a private server and my friends kept getting booted.

Yeah all random gen maps are huge, with a round border circling them, most likely a percise size but I havent tried to see exactly. There is a small town on the north border, the bunker in it is sitting in the radiation zone, not really a safe town to be in at night lol, I almost died, I was like " oooh another bunker " bam! Health drop, Bam! Health drop, barely got out with a sliver of life only to get chased while trying to heal lol.

MrSmoke
07-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Yeah all random gen maps are huge, with a round border circling them, most likely a percise size but I havent tried to see exactly. There is a small town on the north border, the bunker in it is sitting in the radiation zone, not really a safe town to be in at night lol, I almost died, I was like " oooh another bunker " bam! Health drop, Bam! Health drop, barely got out with a sliver of life only to get chased while trying to heal lol.

I remember reading somewhere that random gen maps stretch out to coordinates 10,000 in each directs from 0,0 but i havent tried to see how far they actually go.

caleb68
07-27-2016, 03:01 AM
I remember reading somewhere that random gen maps stretch out to coordinates 10,000 in each directs from 0,0 but i havent tried to see how far they actually go.

The far distance from the cente of town at 0,0 is 4000, so I am guessing its 4000 in each direction, give a few for the curvature of the circle.

MrSmoke
07-27-2016, 04:19 AM
The far distance from the cente of town at 0,0 is 4000, so I am guessing its 4000 in each direction, give a few for the curvature of the circle.

That must have pretained to PC im guessing. Good to know how far out the map stretches though, thanks.

Quick question for you. Have you managed to come across a desert biome on the Insane seed? Im in need of sand for making concrete and havent had much luck sourcing it.

caleb68
07-27-2016, 06:59 PM
That must have pretained to PC im guessing. Good to know how far out the map stretches though, thanks.

Quick question for you. Have you managed to come across a desert biome on the Insane seed? Im in need of sand for making concrete and havent had much luck sourcing it.

Yeah there are several I have ran into, one close to the town I am holding up in.

2399S 2376W to 1282S 3270W

122S 1853W - small desert with two caves.

110S 2135E - is part of the town there, also a snow biome as part of the town so plenty of water close by.

2637N 2271E - not desert but a sandy beach, large body of water, its just east of the town there.

Most of the area I have explored is in the south, lots of plains, burnt land, and forest area. I usually head to the third one I listed and dig sand from that desert, water close by, buildings to loot, forest for trees, started a mine right next to the edge of town. Key thing to remember is the top most layer gives you the most sand, the lower levels give you less, but if you have a good auger you can blow through it pretty fast after you've cleared the wandering z's in the area.

MrSmoke
07-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Yeah there are several I have ran into, one close to the town I am holding up in.

2399S 2376W to 1282S 3270W

122S 1853W - small desert with two caves.

110S 2135E - is part of the town there, also a snow biome as part of the town so plenty of water close by.

2637N 2271E - not desert but a sandy beach, large body of water, its just east of the town there.

Most of the area I have explored is in the south, lots of plains, burnt land, and forest area. I usually head to the third one I listed and dig sand from that desert, water close by, buildings to loot, forest for trees, started a mine right next to the edge of town. Key thing to remember is the top most layer gives you the most sand, the lower levels give you less, but if you have a good auger you can blow through it pretty fast after you've cleared the wandering z's in the area.

Awesome, thanks again caleb!

Im held up in the 2250N 350E town and would prefer to not have to travel too far to obtain a large amount of sand. Looks like im heading east to the beach after the day 21 horde comes. Need some fresh places to loot anyways :)

Hopefully i can bring home about 10k units or more of sand.

Vulkatiian Dexi
07-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Hey guys I found a new seed that's pretty good so far. The seed is "rectum" without the quotations. I spawned I think around 150 N and 1940 W. If you head south from that spot you'll be in a desert. However at 897 N and 1327 W there's a town in the middle of the Snow Biome which is where I'm holding up. It's a pretty good town and since there's snow everywhere you have your own watercourse plus one of the buildings has a flooded basement. Also at 300 N and 193 W there's a MASSIVE hub city, and I mean MASSIVE. I have only explored the perimeter of it but I've found 2 shamway foods, 1 crack a book, and 1 shotgun Messiah, and that's JUST on the perimeter. If you want to know anything else just let me know. Also there's a cave RIGHT next to the town at about 391 N and 1532 S. Haven't explored it yet. Let me know what you guys think.

MrSmoke
07-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Hey guys I found a new seed that's pretty good so far. The seed is "rectum" without the quotations. I spawned I think around 150 N and 1940 W. If you head south from that spot you'll be in a desert. However at 897 N and 1327 W there's a town in the middle of the Snow Biome which is where I'm holding up. It's a pretty good town and since there's snow everywhere you have your own watercourse plus one of the buildings has a flooded basement. Also at 300 N and 193 W there's a MASSIVE hub city, and I mean MASSIVE. I have only explored the perimeter of it but I've found 2 shamway foods, 1 crack a book, and 1 shotgun Messiah, and that's JUST on the perimeter. If you want to know anything else just let me know. Also there's a cave RIGHT next to the town at about 391 N and 1532 S. Haven't explored it yet. Let me know what you guys think.

Im thinking about starting a new multiplayer game to host when friends are online, so if i do i will try this seed out. Sounds good.

Found any other sources of water in biomes besides the snowy area?

LuciferRex
07-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Wow, this is an incredible discovery!

Vulkatiian Dexi
07-31-2016, 06:44 PM
Im thinking about starting a new multiplayer game to host when friends are online, so if i do i will try this seed out. Sounds good.

Found any other sources of water in biomes besides the snowy area?

Sorry, I haven't. But I did find an underground bunker in the town. It's pretty easy to find, it's in the southwest portion of the town close to the perimeter. I would give coordinates but Im not on the game right now.

MrSmoke
07-31-2016, 07:18 PM
Sorry, I haven't. But I did find an underground bunker in the town. It's pretty easy to find, it's in the southwest portion of the town close to the perimeter. I would give coordinates but Im not on the game right now.

No worries. Still have yet to start another game but when i do i think im gonna try yours out. Finding water is essential though.

NeroOzpin
08-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Town 3028S 1949E
town 1709S 2716E

Don't mean to impose but do you know any cords for a cabin?

MrSmoke
08-01-2016, 04:20 PM
The only big lake I have found is in the north west corner of the map

Is the lake in the burnt forest biome? Im thinking of making a couple hundred glass jars and making a trip up to the lake as the pool in the town im in isnt filling back up. Just want to see if im going to have to endure trekking across a hot biome to get to the lake.

This map is really great, its just a shame there isnt more lakes or rivers through it.

BigPinkDaddy
08-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Are there any stores (shotgun messiah, working stiff, etc...) in the Insane seed Hub city that anyone has found? I just started hitting some of the buildings on the SW side and have only found ruins so far. I've already burned through 100 crossbow bolts and need to return to my main base soon to re-arm. Fining some stocked stores would make this trip worth it.

MrSmoke
08-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Are there any stores (shotgun messiah, working stiff, etc...) in the Insane seed Hub city that anyone has found? I just started hitting some of the buildings on the SW side and have only found ruins so far. I've already burned through 100 crossbow bolts and need to return to my main base soon to re-arm. Fining some stocked stores would make this trip worth it.

I have yet to venture over to the main hub at 0,0 but id imagine there are some stores there.

Vulkatiian Dexi
08-02-2016, 05:08 AM
No worries. Still have yet to start another game but when i do i think im gonna try yours out. Finding water is essential though.

Found ANOTHER seed called "Roasted" without the quotations. Haven't found a hub City yet, but I'm building in a town at 1241 S and 277 E. There are 2 houses with pools. Also a cave that I haven't explored yet but looks amazingly huge from the outside at 900 S and 151 E. Its in the road just north West of the town.

dsellman95
08-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Mods, is there a way to list each one of these out separately. Looks like people are finding more and adding additional info to ones previously listed. Could prove to be confusing on which seed is being talked about the more this thread grows.

EvoDJ44
08-06-2016, 12:15 PM
My Current seed is called "The Wasteland" and has at least 7 POI's that I have found so far and several crossroad stops with single buildings. A lot of randomly generated hills and what can only be described as cliffs you can potentially fall off. I'm currently living in the 0.0 town on top of an apartment building and there are two towns of similar size directly South. It's not covered in water like a lot of seeds I have tried but there are enough small masses of water to survive, the ruined cities have small pools of water in between buildings. If anyone wants any more info about the POI locations I'll be turning on soon and will post co-ordinates and descriptions.

EDITED
Seed Name:

The Wasteland

2248 N 2641 E - Grass and Desert City - Small City with Bank, Cafe, Shamway and bunch of cabins.
596 N 3606 E - Grass and Desert City - Another small POI with 4 or 5 shops and more cabins
469 N 3048 W - Snow City with small area of forest - Same as Above but different shops
1051 S 3194 W - Forest City - Same Again
0.0 - Burned Forest - Hub City is stacked with all types of shops plus two Crack a Books located close to each other.
1309 S 319 E - Pine City - Small City with shops and cabins
3350 S 822 E - Ruined City - Similar to the hub city but slightly smaller

Caves
121 S 1297 W
1142 S 1216 W
2396 N 992 W
405 S 1828 E
65 S 340 W (Submerged)
2832 S 325 W
3013 S 1950 W
101 N 3718 E

The roads also contain a bunch of single buildings with shotgun messiahs and pop n pills not sure what is at what crossroad though so waste of time giving u the co-ordinates, I'm on day 30 and the book shops have already maxed out a lot of my stats there everywhere.

08-13-2016, 06:04 PM
I have been looking for map seed for XO...and I have found two so far...I just started Fallout3 map seed and have found a big town and it had stores and water.....try it out make sure you type it as Fallout3...Let me know what you find..

Chaoticass
09-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Cave confirmed, checked it out as Character "Jeff" on both SP and on Private game for PS4 cave was there for both awesome water source :)

Wait, did you use "Not Jeff" or "Jeff" ? lol I have been trying to find good seeds

Greybeard
09-03-2016, 04:34 AM
If indeed the names work, I've been playing on a map I named "mpp" (stands for: multiplayer private, so not sure if it works in single player game). It has 2 big cities a half days walk from each other, and a smaller town right next to those. Decent biomes so far, as I haven't explored the whole map. Been busy rebuilding the torn up cities.

Sinnerrevan
09-09-2016, 07:22 AM
My random has been pretty decent. It's name is winning
Lots of water (maybe a little too much)
901N - 2031 E : factory with a hidden bunker beside it
1142 S - 1811 E : town with Crack a book, sham way foods
1229 S - 255 E : 3 houses with a Crack a book.
1410 S - 1476 W : Town. Shot gun messiah, Crack a book, church.(haven't fully explored town)
Found at least 10 caves maybe more.
Within the areas listed are forest, plains,burnt forest biomes. Still haven't explored much of the map

MrAutism
09-14-2016, 01:45 AM
im not sure if this is just my world not building right but i tried out InsaneHCA14 out after the 1.05 patch and went to exploring in creative to find a nice place to make a home.....till i fell down a MASSIVE chunk of missing snow and stone at 596N 1714E after a little exploring of the cave its a nice big network and would make for a nice bunker with a pitfall (if the zombie corpses are indication)

Blue507406
09-17-2016, 06:51 AM
Has anybody found an army base on the InsaneHCA14? Or any army base on a decent seed? If so can you post the locations?

Edit: I'm on ps4

LordViperScorpion
09-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Has anybody found an army base on the InsaneHCA14? Or any army base on a decent seed? If so can you post the locations?

Edit: I'm on ps4

there are none. some pois on the console do not generate, and there is a problem with pois generating as well. Don't hold your breath on army bases in random.

davethebakerx2
09-19-2016, 12:03 AM
ya, working stiffs are the most needed.

Jackelmyer
09-19-2016, 05:39 PM
My daughter started a Local game so we could split screen called "Girl Talk".... /facepalm.

Still, the hub city has a lot of stores. Haven't found any towns. But we did find a few intersections with a store and a few buildings. Like an intersection up north of the hub city with a Crack'a Book and an unmarked store. Weird map, but kind of interestingly barren save the the odd intersections.

Mrdaferg
09-20-2016, 01:16 AM
I have started, deleted and started again a few times on a map named Zombie. Capital Z. Its a vanilla map but it has a good mix of biomes and towns. I have had a few friends try it and city coordinates match. I will try to post some grids for town and cave locations. If you're looking for a known seed you might as well give it a try.

If you're curious, the reason I've started it a few times is I really enjoy the first week or so. I get bored after day 14 and start a new map. Thanks to the person who posted the Insane map. It is my crown jewel.

Blue507406
09-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Caleb68, (or anybody who has played on the map)have you found any other towns for "InsaneHCA14" yet? If can you post coord for them? And maybe a short list of what each town has that is notable?

Onin9190
09-24-2016, 07:25 PM
I started a new random gen the other night and called it Navezgane and I spanned near water and a city still haven't explored it all yet as I'm in day 3 but there's a cave close by. I'm also on PS4 I will try to post coordinates

Mrdaferg
09-26-2016, 01:14 AM
I started a new random gen the other night and called it Navezgane and I spanned near water and a city still haven't explored it all yet as I'm in day 3 but there's a cave close by. I'm also on PS4 I will try to post coordinates

Thanks for the seed. I've tried a few with related names but didn't think of this one. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know what I find.

speedHawk563
09-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Trying to find people to play 7 days two die. Preferably age 14+. If you want to play message me
GT: speedHawk563
Organ time zone

DoucheVader
09-30-2016, 08:07 PM

The same seeds work on the console at least from Alpha 14.7 I think.

Scallornz
10-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Anyone have cords for redmountain seed?

SilvenWolf
10-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I saw a seed over on the xb1 section claimed to have 12 towns. I’m on PS4 but decided to check it out. Well it does have 11 towns around a central Hub City.

speedHawk563 takes the credit for finding the seed.

Seed Name crackpot20

I have done a 6 minute video of just the towns and co-ords is here https://youtu.be/kQbPHdI99ok

hope you find it useful and thank you SpeedHawk563 for the find.

Eddyjr2008
10-10-2016, 03:10 AM
That is awesome. Watching the video, this seed looks pretty awesome. Hmmmm. Might have to break down and try a RGW :-/

SilvenWolf
10-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks Eddyjr2008,

I had been holding off from Random World due to missing POI's, then when I heard about this seed, I figured with 11 Towns around the main Hub city, this would be a decent compromise as the map would not be too empty. I did not show a close up of each city as seeds will give you the lay of the land and the locations of the towns, but the buildings in each town will still be random.

Having said that I did see most of the towns had the usual suspects, Shot Gun Mesiah, Crack a Book, Working Stiffs in each town. The hub had two of each of these as well as factories, popping pills, garages and diners. Most of the towns also have a decent mix of the other building types, police stations, garages, diners, gas stations etc....

I’m now trying out this seed myself for my next play through.

Eddyjr2008
10-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Thanks Eddyjr2008,

I had been holding off from Random World due to missing POI's, then when I heard about this seed, I figured with 11 Towns around the main Hub city, this would be a decent compromise as the map would not be too empty. I did not show a close up of each city as seeds will give you the lay of the land and the locations of the towns, but the buildings in each town will still be random.

Having said that I did see most of the towns had the usual suspects, Shot Gun Mesiah, Crack a Book, Working Stiffs in each town. The hub had two of each of these as well as factories, popping pills, garages and diners. Most of the towns also have a decent mix of the other building types, police stations, garages, diners, gas stations etc....

I’m now trying out this seed myself for my next play through.

Awesome awesome. Sounds like itd be pretty sweet.

SilvenWolf
10-17-2016, 03:07 PM
Awesome awesome. Sounds like itd be pretty sweet.

Now going to wait for the POI's and restart then.

Eddyjr2008
10-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Now going to wait for the POI's and restart then.

Same here. Sounds like the seed will be pretty awesome after the fix imo. 11 towns, the hub, and then POIs also. I havent tried it yet. How are the biomes? Is it a bunch of one kind or pretty even? I think I heard RGW is bigger than Navezgane too so thatd bring a whole new play style for me.

Mooncricket530
10-17-2016, 11:53 PM
I saw a seed over on the xb1 section claimed to have 12 towns. I’m on PS4 but decided to check it out. Well it does have 11 towns around a central Hub City.

Seed Name crackpot20

I have done a 6 minute video of just the towns and co-ords is here https://youtu.be/kQbPHdI99ok

Cool man im gonna check that out. Tired of default map after 128 days lol

Mhall8511
10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
This seed works for Xbox one. Has 2 cities and 10 towns.

Mhall8511
10-18-2016, 11:48 AM

If you liked that seed you should try crackpot20 it has 2 cities and 10 towns. Happy gaming.

SilvenWolf
10-27-2016, 07:39 PM

Seed Name crackpot20

I have done a 6 minute video of just the towns and co-ords is here
https://youtu.be/kQbPHdI99ok

Another seed with a Main Hub, 2nd Town sized Hub and 10 towns as well 5 Cross roads.

The Seed is WnJ and a video of the towns with co-ords can been seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwI6ql074k

The seed name is thanks to community member Adammair.

Could be a contender when the POI fix lands. This seed has a lot of elevation changes, still has lots of flat land, but also a fair bit of cliffs. Not much natural water found, plenty of houses with red fences and pools though.

These seeds should work exactly the same on XBOX1

Neo Chimera
10-29-2016, 08:39 AM
I recently started playing and am doing a co-op with someone.

Decided to use 'Camping' without any marks.

We spawned in a wasteland full of coolers but going North, you will find a road which leads you into a big city. The first building you see serves as a good base and has lots of goodies.

We have also found a second town 2KM Northeast of there, beyond a plain/forest biome. We also found a cave system

MrCervelo
10-31-2016, 02:59 AM
I haven't completely explored the area around Hub City, but "Epsilon" is a good seed. The main reason? There is a second Hub City NE of 0,0. I've also found Towns West of Hub City and one East of the second Hub City.

Personally, 2 Hub Cities very close to each other is worth the price of admission alone. The only gripe that I have is that there seems to be a lot of water to the south of 0,0.

I got lucky, I started near a crossroads with a Diner and Crack a Book. I can't remember exactly what I got from the Crack a Book, but I do remember cheering about it. It may have been Crossbow and the Minibike book.

SilvenWolf
11-25-2016, 12:16 PM
The two seeds crackpot20 and WnJ also have two hubs close to each other and another 10 towns also

eric185
12-24-2016, 08:04 PM
When I put in crackpot20 it spawns me on an island

MutilatorJuice
12-24-2016, 08:13 PM
When I put in crackpot20 it spawns me on an island

Eh, it happens. The main hub city is located at the 0,0 coordinates on your map. Swimming is great exercise.:subdued:

Timiun
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Not sure if it is an actual seed but I started a new rangen map and named it fubar. 2 large hub cities not far from each other. A bunch of towns but they are pretty spread out. Found 2 crossroads. One with a shotgun messiah and one with the large pass-n-gas. Bunker way up north in the burnt biom. Also found 3 or 4 prisons. Will post some cords later.

shadowolf420
01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
For anyone who dislikes snow biomes but loves irony. Use the seed Snowglobe only a small patch and two little "slivers" of snow.

XxUnkn0wnxX
01-10-2017, 07:47 AM
been playing on crackpot20 lately very good seed, never was a big fan of random Gen till I saw this thread, anyone know of a good seed which the entire map is mostly snow/all snow? and at least 6-7 Towns in it?

SilvenWolf
02-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Copied from the General discussion posted there not by me, just adding to this thread.

Posted by MechanicalSYN

New Map Seed ��

Seed name: EverQuest (case sensitive, and no, this is not a joke)

It has 10 towns plus the hub cities, an overabundance of caves, and is very poi heavy. It's a very nice map; no crazy biome arrangements. Lots of prairie, desert and wasteland. Very New Vegas-y. One of those towns is actually another hub city.

Coordinates:

0 0 Hub City (obviously, but also very central to the action; most of the other towns circle this city)
3226 s 449 e (the other hub city)
1634 s 656 e
1127 s 2321 e
375 n 2562 e
2399 n 1893 e
3745 n 756 e
2146 n 2831 w
738 n 1269 w
1227 s 1270 w
3104 s 1037 w

I so badly wanted to find a 12th town to match the crackpot20 seed. If it's out there, I haven't found it yet.

Also, crossroad coordinates:

2655 n 1559 w
670 n 3240 w
1178 s 3252 w
2287 n 50 e (larger crossroad with 4 poi)

Enjoy.

MechanicalSYN
02-04-2017, 05:25 PM
I'll just jump in and say I've been playing the EverQuest seed for a few days now. Yeah it's awesome. Currently remodeling an underground bunker into a luxury home. The city zombies stomp and scream, but they can't get to me. Later I'll build a horde night fortress over the ground hatch

The only con that I can think of is the northern most town is way north, so much so the top tip of it borders the radiation zone. That and the 'pretty meadows' biome isn't the dominate one. It's a lot of desert, prairie and wasteland... and cities.

slhscb91
02-06-2017, 03:02 AM
I know in the past, some people have asked for good snow biome seeds. I started one yesterday, and it's the best snow map I have played so far.

Seed= omega123

You spawn in a snow biome, in the top right section of the map. The snow area here is extensive., and when the terrain breaks up into other biomes, you have swathes of snow placed in these as well.

So far, I have come across one hub city, major water sources, and various intersections. Aside for the snow, you have a good bit of pine forest with numerous single houses. Still looking for towns, but I have only played a small section of the map. Looks promising.

Static_Shadow(PSN)
02-06-2017, 04:08 PM
so we have a weird one here: cabininthewoods
its Cabin in the woods, no caps, no spaces.

despite its name there is more islands than woods and a lot of biomes mixed and intercutting eachother. Theres a LOT of little islands, a bunch with houses on them. this seen is also VERY bizarre because it has roads that connect some of the islands but the roads actually go underwater at multiple points. its also has some roads that randomly dead end into cliff and hill walls. It is not majorly aquatic but has abundant lakes. very weird layout generation but thoroughly entertaining, especially when you explore a lot

Powered_By_Poi
02-06-2017, 05:47 PM
has anyone found a seed for atlantis yet? and no im not talking about a seed CALLED atlantis, but does anyone have a seed where the hub city is fully underwater? except for the buildings? ive seen it once and loved it but cant remember what it was called.

ralgur
02-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Whoever mentioned "fart" as the seed name, thank you. I have been looking for a good seed name, and this one is that.

NukeXBO
02-07-2017, 08:32 PM
The seed (on Xbox One) called "2nd Attempt" (no quotes) is awesome -- lots of towns (one with a bunker), military camp, and a perfect-condition winter biome house with a forge all within running distance (NW, N, NE) of the hub city. The town due North of the hub city is the one with the bunker. The house with forge is due West of the bunker town.

Static_Shadow(PSN)
02-10-2017, 08:22 PM
so i stumbled across an interesting one...

'Nipopolis'
(no quotes, N capitalized)

-mostly dominated by grassland/forest across a good portion of the map
-not a huge ammount of towns (that ive noticed this far)
-good mining veins in several locations
-a INCREDIBLE amount of animals, like more than i can hunt and more than ive EVER seen in any randomgen map since i started playing (tested this two additional times and the critter spawn rate is phenomenal, which is why im loving this map)

(and yes the name is a south park reference incase you were wondering)

MechanicalSYN
02-11-2017, 05:14 PM
"summerof1986"

No nonsense, no frills map. Center of the action is 1355 s 175 e. Big circular desert loaded with yucca fruit, cactus and a zillion bird nests. Good place to set up camp. Setting is like Quest for Glory 2 (if you're old you'll know the reference); a sand box surrounded by mountains. From the given coordinates: 1km due north is the hub city. 1km due south is the forest city. Roughly 750m due east is the desert city. Roughly 750m due west is the prairie city. North east of the hub city is water as its a scarcity in the valley (excluding yucca juice).

As I said, this is a no frills map. Excellent for multi player (if we ever get that sorted out). It's a giant sandbox for players to build their creations, with four cities within easy running distance. Beyond that yucca paradise is patches of other biomes. Ideal seed for someone to jump into the game and start building without the hassles of eating/drinking/finding bow ammo.

ralgur
02-15-2017, 12:49 AM
"summerof1986"

No nonsense, no frills map. Center of the action is 1355 s 175 e. Big circular desert loaded with yucca fruit, cactus and a zillion bird nests. Good place to set up camp. Setting is like Quest for Glory 2 (if you're old you'll know the reference); a sand box surrounded by mountains. From the given coordinates: 1km due north is the hub city. 1km due south is the forest city. Roughly 750m due east is the desert city. Roughly 750m due west is the prairie city. North east of the hub city is water as its a scarcity in the valley (excluding yucca juice).

As I said, this is a no frills map. Excellent for multi player (if we ever get that sorted out). It's a giant sandbox for players to build their creations, with four cities within easy running distance. Beyond that yucca paradise is patches of other biomes. Ideal seed for someone to jump into the game and start building without the hassles of eating/drinking/finding bow ammo.

Sounds very nice. I'll have to try that one next. "fart" is proving to be... difficult as I have yet to find a city. But they way zombies destroy everything in their path now, more than ever, it's all I can do to get my base defendable.

Damselx1
02-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the crackpot20 seed - we are thoroughly enjoying this world!

Jhayes
03-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the crackpot20 seed - we are thoroughly enjoying this world!

I am currently trying the crackpot20 as well. So far it's pretty good although I have not opened the map up that much yet.

This seed is suppose to have 12 towns right?

SilvenWolf
03-01-2017, 05:27 PM
I am currently trying the crackpot20 as well. So far it's pretty good although I have not opened the map up that much yet.

This seed is suppose to have 12 towns right?

10 towns, 1 x main hub and 1 x small hub. Lots of water to the east of hub, most towns south of hub west of hub and couple north of hub.

There is a youtube video of it that shows the towns and co-ords only. search crackpot20 seeds if you want see, or not if you want to discover.

Jhayes
03-01-2017, 06:10 PM
10 towns, 1 x main hub and 1 x small hub. Lots of water to the east of hub, most towns south of hub west of hub and couple north of hub.

There is a youtube video of it that shows the towns and co-ords only. search crackpot20 seeds if you want see, or not if you want to discover.

Oh cool, I will do that.

Thanks

XxUnkn0wnxX
03-02-2017, 12:04 PM
as for crackpot20 here are all the coordinates:

221 N 98 E - Main Hub City
2325 N 415 E - Town
Same N 807 W - Town (Main Home)
1066 N 1472 W - Town
533 N 2733 W - Town
1182 S 3112 W - Mini Hub City
1056 S 1668 W - Middle Town
1321 S 64 E - Town
2906 S 823 W - Town
2805 S 870 E - Town
1262 25 S 2072 E - Town
566 N 3685 E - Town

1628 N 86 E - Island (Castle Home)

I will correct any of them if they are a bit off, when I get the time. will also post a map of it once I'm done mapping all the roads out..

SilvenWolf
03-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Seed Name crackpot20

heres the link to a 6 minute video of just the towns and co-ords https://youtu.be/kQbPHdI99ok

This is just showing the Map, the towns, paused for co-ords as I hover over the town, all you can see is where the towns are and the roads I used to get to them, the rest of the map is still unexplored, so as to not give everything away about the seed.

CerealKiller231
03-04-2017, 02:56 AM
Crackpot20, Bunker/bomb shelter in town farthest west (Part Green and Snow town) and caves north and south of town (Mushrooms and Nitrate) , I still have a long way to go and haven't found a desert yet.

SilvenWolf
03-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Crackpot20, Bunker/bomb shelter in town farthest west (Part Green and Snow town) and caves north and south of town (Mushrooms and Nitrate) , I still have a long way to go and haven't found a desert yet.

South of the main Hub city across the lake is a town in a green forest biome, south east of this town is a Desert.

Damselx1
03-09-2017, 08:54 PM
South of the main Hub city across the lake is a town in a green forest biome, south east of this town is a Desert.

This is the town I settled at - it's great!

UnsentSoul
03-15-2017, 03:44 AM
I know in the past, some people have asked for good snow biome seeds. I started one yesterday, and it's the best snow map I have played so far.

Seed= omega123

You spawn in a snow biome, in the top right section of the map. The snow area here is extensive., and when the terrain breaks up into other biomes, you have swathes of snow placed in these as well.

So far, I have come across one hub city, major water sources, and various intersections. Aside for the snow, you have a good bit of pine forest with numerous single houses. Still looking for towns, but I have only played a small section of the map. Looks promising.

A mainly snow biome would be epic for myself. Have you had any more luck in exploring?

As for anyone and everyone else, any other snow filled seeds besides omega123? Will be exploring this map tomorrow night to see if it'll be my new home.

Just noticed this is PS section, sorry but do these work on Xbox as well?

SilvenWolf
03-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Seed names work the same on both consoles.

SylenThunder
03-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Seed names work the same on both consoles.Which make me wonder why in the world I stuck it here instead of in the MP forum. Moving to MP. I'd stick it in General Discussion, but there's too many sticky threads there already.

SilvenWolf
03-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Which make me wonder why in the world I stuck it here instead of in the MP forum. Moving to MP. I'd stick it in General Discussion, but there's too many sticky threads there already.

It’s not purely a Multiplayer thing either, this use to reside in General Support, just wasn’t Stickied, not too many stickys in that section, might be a better fit there.

Drakamos
03-26-2017, 04:18 AM
Trying to find people to play 7 days two die. Preferably age 14+. If you want to play message me
GT: speedHawk563
Organ time zone

Gt: Drakamos
college student at montana state, so there's a 1-hour time difference. (I am later)

SilvenWolf
03-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Gt: Drakamos
college student at montana state, so there's a 1-hour time difference. (I am later)

This is a seed thread, please use the other forum sections for your "find a friend" posts, you are also answering a post that's 6 months old. If you check the sections related to your console you will see plenty of up to date requests for other players.

Strathos
05-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Found a seed that I am really enjoying and wanted to share. It is called: 99WAYSTODIE
all caps, no spaces.

There are 6 towns, hub city and a few crossroads.

What appeals to me the most about this map is the locations of towns and how the road network is laid out is very functional.

Also the Biome diversity is amazing, with many different types of zones seeming to be the perfect size.

Have only played this map for a week or so. There is a big water source just north of hub city, good starting point NE of hub city with many forge houses.
Found 6 caves so far just in NE section where I have been set up.

Large sprawling forest Biome SE of map, excellent biome diversity everywhere else.

blumkinspicelatte
05-15-2017, 09:00 PM
so after some research I have seen that WnJ is a good seed, big vast biomes, 12 citys and no major bodys of water blocking exploration. Is there anyone who is still using this seed after the patches and is it still good? and if not does anyone have any recommendations on other seeds that can compete with WnJ?

Miles_from_yesterland
05-15-2017, 10:23 PM
The seed is the seed, it's still going to be as advertised. I ended up going with crackpot20, but I thought about WnJ, may still give it a look at some point

Zombizie
05-15-2017, 10:33 PM
so after some research I have seen that WnJ is a good seed, big vast biomes, 12 citys and no major bodys of water blocking exploration. Is there anyone who is still using this seed after the patches and is it still good? and if not does anyone have any recommendations on other seeds that can compete with WnJ?

Still the same. Crackpot20 is the only other one I've played that competes but WnJ is top dog in my book

WalkerZombley
05-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Seed: GamingBuds420
This seed has 2 hub cities 11 towns and 3 crossroads.
I may make a video showcase, not sure yet. I just wanted to get this seed out for people to enjoy before the random gen algorithm is changed. Enjoy fellow survivors!

GamingBuds420

Luckystrike2778
05-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Currently playing WnJ and enjoying it. Currently sey t up short run south of hub in a desert army base. Two towns and hub within 1.1 kilo of army base. Currently have Crackpot20 also and loving southern side of map. On day 88 atm public game

MutilatorJuice
05-16-2017, 08:52 AM
I have played WnJ. It's by far the best map i've played so far. Water is pretty scarce except for the hub. I think there's only a few small ponds up north. Find a small spring and you're set though. Very scenic

Nine
06-17-2017, 02:59 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this. The seed is named: AllOurDestiny I found this on PS4, but it should work on both consoles. The town locations are: 2450n-450e, 2410n-2380e,2280n-2826w, 703n-2070e, 360n-0w (hub city,) 650n-1250w, 305n-2700w, 1703s-2800w, 761s-1195w, 1050s-670e, 3074s-2100e, 3030s-740e, 2845s-690w. Count them up that's 12 towns plus the central hub, that's 13 in total! There are two mini hubs and plenty of water sources, a few large lakes and lots of ponds. I will find the military base again and list it's location as well. Remember, seeds are case sensitive so be careful when typing it in. Have Fun.

ZanySerendipity
06-17-2017, 04:02 PM
My daughters and I had been playing a map named Raven (named after my dog, he's a 13 year old black lab mix). We hadn't explored a whole lot, but since we'll soon have to start a new map, I went out exploring along all the roads.
To the north of the hub city is a large lake, a lot of forest land, and all the northeast area is snow. There's some scrub land in the far northwest. There's 1 crossroads. There are various ponds and a long skinny lake more like a wide river. The entire upper half of the map would be great for wilderness survival, whether you like forest or snow.
To the south of the hub city is wasteland, a little west is burning area then more snow, and there's a lot more forest area all over the south. To the east and south is scrub land and desert. All over the southern half of the map are 6 assorted towns plus crossroads. The entire lower half of the map is apparently where people lived previously. There are quite a few ponds/tiny lakes - enough so you can find water when you need it.
I didn't take the time to explore any of the many paths, but we're going to come back to this map after the next patch to see what else we can find.

JavaJunkie
06-18-2017, 02:34 PM
"RandomGenMP" ironically enough seems to be a great map seed. Hub city borders 4 different biomes: Plains to the North, Forest South, Wasteland to the west and Desert to the East....all right at the city limits. We just set up right in the middle of hub city in an apt high rise and have all the clay/yucca/sand/cotton that one could possibly desire not even a minute walk from our bedrolls. I just finished farming minibikes for all of us so we should be exploring another town/city to the south of us soon too. Enjoy!

Strathos
06-18-2017, 03:48 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this. The seed is named: AllOurDestiny I found this on PS4, but it should work on both consoles. The town locations are: 2450n-450e, 2410n-2380e,2280n-2826w, 703n-2070e, 360n-0w (hub city,) 650n-1250w, 305n-2700w, 1703s-2800w, 761s-1195w, 1050s-670e, 3074s-2100e, 3030s-740e, 2845s-690w. Count them up that's 12 towns plus the central hub, that's 13 in total! There are two mini hubs and plenty of water sources, a few large lakes and lots of ponds. I will find the military base again and list it's location as well. Remember, seeds are case sensitive so be careful when typing it in. Have Fun.

I spent a few hours mapping this seed out last night, I can confirm OP's locations and convenient access to water in most areas of the map.

I found the coordinates for your cave under the military base. The location is 716N 1600W, however the POI spawned a cave under a forge house for me,

This is a great seed for the patch restart, I am going to continue exploring it,

Thank you OP

Jon Dillinger
06-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Another fun Seed is InsaneHCA14 it has 2 hub cities 1 km from each other and a forge cabin with a flooded basement cabin 40 away for water i haven't fully explored it but 2 hub so close with the forge cabin in between them made for a good fresh start between the 4 apartment buildings im looking at being level 70 scavenging by day 6 with all three tiers of quality joe oh ...... just remembered the character leveling system is getting overhauled as well :P

i also have a another 2 hub city map seed Lion of Juda (yes i know Judah is correctly spelled with an H ) don't forget the spaces and caps

Jon Dillinger
06-18-2017, 04:32 PM

So am i reading this correctly you saying you have 3 hub cities total 1 main and 2 mini's and these are in fact mini hubs and not just big towns , just to Clare-ify all mini hubs will have 2 of every store (except poppinpills) two factories and two apartment buildings can you confirm the presence of 2 mini hubs and a main hub ...........if so this is the map i have been looking for

Strathos
06-18-2017, 05:31 PM
So am i reading this correctly you saying you have 3 hub cities total 1 main and 2 mini's and these are in fact mini hubs and not just big towns , just to Clare-ify all mini hubs will have 2 of every store (except poppinpills) two factories and two apartment buildings can you confirm the presence of 2 mini hubs and a main hub ...........if so this is the map i have been looking for

I have explored this map and although I did not count the stores in the mini hubs, I can confirm that they have the same building types as the hub city, not the building types found in towns,

kryyptyyk
06-28-2017, 02:46 AM
[Just to clarify, TL;DR...]

I was curious what people would suggest are some good seeds for very new players that from their experience has a lot of resources within range, et cetera. I started up a world, and man I went literally everywhere; found no water towers, no rivers or lakes, barely even found any random bottled waters.. Was rough. HAd more than enough food though, but water was... Yeah. So yea just curious :)

[It might have been because I named the seed, More Food, so it was like "Well, here is tons of food, but you never asked for water."]

Laz Man
06-28-2017, 04:00 AM
[Just to clarify, TL;DR...]

I was curious what people would suggest are some good seeds for very new players that from their experience has a lot of resources within range, et cetera. I started up a world, and man I went literally everywhere; found no water towers, no rivers or lakes, barely even found any random bottled waters.. Was rough. HAd more than enough food though, but water was... Yeah. So yea just curious :)

[It might have been because I named the seed, More Food, so it was like "Well, here is tons of food, but you never asked for water."]

Haha thats hilarious....becareful what you ask for....

mezoli
06-29-2017, 06:39 AM
is there an actual map for this town yet?

crackpot20

Rob0121
06-29-2017, 10:20 AM
What does everyone mean by hub city????

XxUnkn0wnxX
06-29-2017, 10:40 AM
What does everyone mean by hub city????

center of the map, main city ring any bells? the the main city in the game that has x2 of every shop

Malracal
07-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Seed: Goat4521Cheese

11 towns including 2 Hub Cities

Some nice views with snowy "Mountain ranges"

Don't want to spoil the whole map but there is a forge house in the area of 957s, 1233e if you want an easy forge. At 2600s,2300e there is a city that is partially in a radiation zone and an interesting pass n gas. If you want to embrace the die in title make a beeline to 3000s,1400w to start your adventure.

JRauch
07-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Don't want to spoil the whole map but there is a forge house in the area of 1600,1000 if you want an easy forge. At 2600,2300 there is a city that is partially in a radiation zone and an interesting pass n gas. If you want to embrace the die in title make a beeline to 3000,1400 to start your adventure.

Could you add the compass directions to your coordinates ? Ex: 1600n, 2300e.
The numbers by themselves don't help at all without a direction to go in lol

Daweki
07-04-2017, 04:44 PM

He makes it a bit more interesting :-) Chances are 25% to pick up the right one.... Just kidding

Malracal
07-05-2017, 08:38 PM

God I'm such a noob ROFL. Sorry I've been playing this map for so long I completely spaced the direction isn't obvious. Edited my post along with exact forge house coordinates.

Onin9190
07-08-2017, 05:31 AM
I found a military camp on my random gen. It's a pretty good one just haven't explored it all yet. My seed is called INe3dHe4LiNg

XxUnkn0wnxX
07-17-2017, 08:13 AM

Don't want to spoil the whole map but there is a forge house in the area of 957s, 1233e if you want an easy forge. At 2600s,2300e there is a city that is partially in a radiation zone and an interesting pass n gas. If you want to embrace the die in title make a beeline to 3000s,1400w to start your adventure.

where are these mountains? - apart from the ones I found in mega snow Biom. how many are there? I only found 3 so far..

Here this is what I found so far:

2162 N 880 W -Mountains With Lots of snow / 526 N 947 W - South Part (Mega Snow Biom)

2175 N 1668 W - Town

3092 S 269 E - Town

3393 N 1538 W -Small Snow Biom

3636 N 1102 W - Town

2311 N 2605 E - Town/ 2nd Largest Snow Biom

2824 S 2503 E - Town/ Tropical Area to west

107 N 242 E - HubCity

2600 S 2300E - City?

957S 1233E - Forge House

1347 S676 E - Town

1376 S2987 E - Town

I believe this world is better then crackpot20 & WnJ put together, this has vast Bioms of every kind and lots and lots of snow. massive mountain ranges in snow biom and everywhere and there are some tropical areas as well as massive oceans and lakes. its like the perfect world. very beautiful

Trivium4827
07-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Hello, does anyone know of any seeds (Xbox One) with tall vertical cliffs to build a base in? All I've ever found are slight hills, and if I do find the tall sheer cliff face, it is right next to the Hub city with all the dust blocking view.

XxUnkn0wnxX
07-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Hello, does anyone know of any seeds (Xbox One) with tall vertical cliffs to build a base in? All I've ever found are slight hills, and if I do find the tall sheer cliff face, it is right next to the Hub city with all the dust blocking view.

could always try Goat4521Cheese lots of mountains everywhere and they do go vertical some of them slowly like a nice steep hill, there are some mega cliffs I saw I'm sure.

and yes there is a mega cliff facing the hub city..

may post proper images of this seed when I get the chance to fully explore it...

Mortvenir77
07-26-2017, 03:16 PM

Try redrum1978

UltimatePower5
07-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Try chittychitty

I've barely covered any of the map but so far 6 towns and 2 hubs lots of mountains and lakes massive plains and desert boomed 4 military camps so far

Splitknuckler
08-01-2017, 04:20 PM
2 hub cities. ... yea lots. Use exact capitalization: Chris, crackpot20, WnJ, and AllOurDestiny actually has 3. I prefer Chris, as it has about 5 military camps located near the cities

Splitknuckler
08-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Ps4secondtry has a lot of cliffs. It is what skippy is using on his playthrough

Mortvenir77
08-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Try chittychitty

I've barely covered any of the map but so far 6 towns and 2 hubs lots of mountains and lakes massive plains and desert boomed 4 military camps so far

Any cords for that seed

Darellion
08-10-2017, 01:27 PM
ryzqmqm

That seed has a cluster of city/towns near the center including multiple traders and military blocks, also 2 prisons so far.

Jon Dillinger
08-10-2017, 07:25 PM
ryzqmqm

That seed has a cluster of city/towns near the center including multiple traders and military blocks, also 2 prisons so far.

uhm this thread is in the console section there are no traders on consoles so your seed while not be the same

XxUnkn0wnxX
08-11-2017, 04:12 AM
uhm this thread is in the console section there are no traders on consoles so your seed while not be the same

seeds are universal, should work but traders won't spawn thats all.

I remember using some seeds from PC section on steam forums and it still worked...

Dead Guy
08-23-2017, 05:49 PM

I remember using some seeds from PC section on steam forums and it still worked...

What about all the types of buildings PC has in the towns that console doesn't?

Elliannia
08-27-2017, 12:38 AM
2 seed requests:
Has anyone found a seed name that has a hospital like the one on the Navezgane map?

Seed name that has one of the big factories?
(Can't seem to find one.)

- - - Updated - - -

Console doesn't have prisons either.

MutilatorJuice
08-27-2017, 05:55 AM
2 seed requests:
Has anyone found a seed name that has a hospital like the one on the Navezgane map?

Seed name that has one of the big factories?
(Can't seem to find one.)

- - - Updated - - -

Console doesn't have prisons either.

The hospital is a special poi only found in navezgane, sorry

2 big factories are always spawned in main hub cities. Smaller hubs and three-ways can spawn them as well. Unless there's a special factory in navezgane I've forgotten about? It's been a long time since I played that map.

There is a prison type poi for consoles. It's surrounded by concrete walls, has 2 watch towers and several structures. Munition boxes are located there. I guess it always looked like a prison to me. An army encampment doesn't usually have the resources or time to make cement walls.

Damselx1
08-27-2017, 01:40 PM
There's two massive factories in the wasteland on Navezgane but I don't ever remember seeing them in random gen maps.

MutilatorJuice
08-27-2017, 08:44 PM
There's two massive factories in the wasteland on Navezgane but I don't ever remember seeing them in random gen maps.

I stand corrected then. Hmmm, maybe I should play navezgane again

XxUnkn0wnxX
08-29-2017, 08:25 AM
What about all the types of buildings PC has in the towns that console doesn't?

let me expand on this, the landscape will be the same, the locations of towns and cities will be the same, the POI's however I believe these will be populated with buildings that are coded into the game, when ever console gets prisons etc... if you re-use same seed it should utilise those new buildings... but till then you will get something different or nothing at all at those locations (most likely)

but as I said B4 landscape and major towns and city locations will always be the same... I've tested this...

Jon Dillinger
08-30-2017, 03:28 PM

yeah i haven't seen em on RGW either , and they had mad loot from remember , at least 6 working stiff crates and the cool smoke stack you could mine for scrap metal

Jon Dillinger
08-30-2017, 03:34 PM
The hospital is a special poi only found in navezgane, sorry

2 big factories are always spawned in main hub cities. Smaller hubs and three-ways can spawn them as well. Unless there's a special factory in navezgane I've forgotten about? It's been a long time since I played that map.

There is a prison type poi for consoles. It's surrounded by concrete walls, has 2 watch towers and several structures. Munition boxes are located there. I guess it always looked like a prison to me. An army encampment doesn't usually have the resources or time to make cement walls.

meh i seen milspec camps go up in the foot hills of Afghanistan they get some concrete going on pretty damn quick , they'll also use these square cages that are filled with rocks and stack them to create solid cover and bunkers

Vulkatiian Dexi
09-01-2017, 02:12 AM
Wow no it's been a minute since I've been on this thread. I wish there was a way for me to get notifications from it lol

MJS101104
09-03-2017, 07:20 PM
I've got a seed that I have only been able to explore a bit. And no, I don't have locations. But I do know there is at least 1 hub city, 2 fairly good sized towns, and at least two military forts(the ones with the concrete walls and watch towers) in forest biomes not too far from the cities. As the title says the seed name is: MyWorld

I also like Castelvania as seed, it had some massive deserts and forest biomes, and some wastelands. This is another one I haven't explored much and have only found 1 city so far. I will warn you though, there are also some good size lakes as well. If you're looking for a challenge, this seed might provide it.

Zedeth91
09-06-2017, 04:24 AM
shattered i have to make a new world to get all the goodies from the update but its well worth in the end :D

i fell inlove with my seed the moment i started, the RGM truly understands what a playground is for me <3 haha
no pictures as of yet but my world has currently 9 cities/towns/pit stops i can find (not 100% explored) spread out around the joint but the big seller for me is that there is 2 HUB cities, less than 1.5km from each other.

seed : Zeds Playground

im obsessed with zombie apocalypse's and thought id make a world with the name "Zeds Playground" because if you haven't already figured out, my type of playground is the end of the world lol. the biome's are all over the place and there is crazy roads and giant mountain walls enclosing True HUB city, its just a full on blast for me to play on this world :D

i just hope everything new that's added will generate when i recreate the seed

SlicksGirl
09-06-2017, 04:26 AM
the DarkWardens

you get a medium sized town in maple forest with a trader, and a cave right near 0,0

MutilatorJuice
09-06-2017, 04:33 AM
the DarkWardens

you get a medium sized town in maple forest with a trader, and a cave right near 0,0

Aren't you a PC player? Because console maps are not the same if that's the case

Zedeth91
09-06-2017, 04:42 AM
the DarkWardens

Aren't you a PC player? Because console maps are not the same if that's the case

they state a trader in the seed so must be pc player lol... wrong section

MutilatorJuice
09-06-2017, 04:43 AM

Duh on my part

SlicksGirl
09-06-2017, 04:51 AM

sorry, i didnt check to see if this was a superior console playing faction. My bad.. I simply saw people talking about seeds.. thought i'd offer mine

CujoOnBathSalts
09-06-2017, 12:54 PM
*a wild master race appeared* us console scrubs appreciate your input slick

Jon Dillinger
09-06-2017, 05:28 PM
AnthonyWright380 (its the name of a bad ass metal vocalist)
new seed 2 hubs 10 towns and possibly more not completely explored
if you want co-ords message me and ill send you some but im lazy so don't hold your breath

Volk
09-08-2017, 04:05 AM
For me a good seed needs more than a lot of towns.. If the bioms are all ADD, bipolar and everywhere i most likely won't enjoy playing the seed.. You need nice, expansive bioms with a realistic feelings plus plenty of towns to explore. The more crossroads the better imo also

irjvik
09-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Hello.
I'm looking for a seed with high elevations, even with few or no water. (pure survival gameplay)
So I can also dig under the new mines of Moria !
I currently uses WnJ, which is fine (towns are +46m and north mountains are above +100m).

Does anyone know another seed with average high altitude ?
Thank you very much.

Volk
09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Hello.
I'm looking for a seed with high elevations, even with few or no water. (pure survival gameplay)
So I can also dig under the new mines of Moria !
I currently uses WnJ, which is fine (towns are +46m and north mountains are above +100m).

Does anyone know another seed with average high altitude ?
Thank you very much.

You might like InsaneHCA14 Lots of forest and mountains (I haven't bothered looking at the actual elevation) and not much water.

jetZeds
09-09-2017, 03:59 AM
Most of the old 10+ town maps have changed now it seems. Any new seeds with 10+ towns?

Onin9190
09-09-2017, 09:22 PM
I started two new worlds (because I didn't like how I started the first one, but still have not incase I want to go back)

Seed one is "Update11" spawn very close to a town with a trailer park, stripclub, crack-a-book, pop-n-pills (chemistry station) , shamway, shotgun messiah, prison, gas station (workbench). This is a pretty good seed I just stopped because the trader was a little far and didn't like how I was starting the game.

Second seed I made (which I'm currently playing) "version116"

So far I've found a motel. Haven't explored much but it seems like a good seed

Rabbitt192124
09-10-2017, 04:32 AM
Imho the best seeds I've played so far have been "fart" and "what" (no quotation marks) the first has little water, 3 hubs and between 7-9 towns and the second I can't remember why I liked it so much but I played 3 playthroughs on it so it must have been pretty good. Admittedly, I haven't checked these with the new update but will be driving round both again tomorrow to see if there is any changes. I'll post again here after I've checked.

Btw, I can't remember if I got the names from here or youtube, so if it was you that posted them and are a content creator or you just want recognition for it (I stream using these seeds) lemme know and I'm happy to plug your name or channel :) I'm still a small streamer so don't expect huge numbers coming your way but just like tesco's, every little helps, lol

---updated---

Also, just a reminder, POI's will mostly be different, the locations where they are will be the same, but most of the time they will be different buildings. If that makes sense

graphite
09-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Map Seedname Rayah

Hi not sure if this seed is known but i am guessing its new, it seems to spawn you in the same start location on a new game which happens to be above the new style bunker with the gunstore crates and 3 gunsafes etc also a very near house has a forge.
This all seems great and i dont fully understand the difficulty of the game as i have only been playing a couple of weeks but i explored the map in creative and it seems like this is a really difficult map to play but im sure some players will enjoy the challenge.
Anyway the map seed is the characters name Rayah

Enjoy and prepare to run from the start also ferals in central city hub on day 1 night time dont know if this is the norm but some might like the heads up.

Edit

So far found Mini Hubs

609N 1952E

2111N 749E

733S 3053W

If its possible can someone else load this seed and see if you have the same start location above the bunker thanks.

graphite
09-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Noticed the numbers and letters E635SE in game on the sedan car model licence plate so on the off chance i loaded it up as a seed and spawned in forest found 2 mini hubs not in burnt or wasteland which is a change has anyone tried this seed if it keeps going in a positive direction i will post more details?
Is there any other game related seed names or is Rayah the only one ?
I have not really investigated the other character names fully but have tried a few.
Also is it common to have the same start location on a map seed as i tried it on 2 different accounts so i have assumed the start spawn doesnt change for Rayah for the host.

Edit: Update on Map seed E635SE

Begining to quite like this seed seems to have good biome diversity and easily traversed by road and hopefully on foot will be just as easy.
Does not seem like much wasteland or expanses of water but i have spotted quite a few water sources so hydration should not be a problem.

Mini hubs/towns

2152 n 2936 w
2656 n 1575 w
2410 n 1897 e
754 n 3431 w
392 n 2496 e
3083 s 1115 w
3142 s 501 e

Crossroads

3804 n 772 e
2468 n 156 w
630 n 1465 w
1152 s 2283 e
1660s 655 e
1218 s 1308w
1178s 3326w

Pepsigirl78
09-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Anyone found a seed with no giant lake areas and where the main hub city is NOT in the wastelands by any chance?

irjvik
09-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Anyone found a seed with no giant lake areas and where the main hub city is NOT in the wastelands by any chance?

Seed 'WnJ' should fit your request :
- High elevation map, so very few water areas
- Main hub city has several biomes, mainly snow and desert ones.

graphite
09-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Seed 'WnJ' should fit your request :
- High elevation map, so very few water areas
- Main hub city has several biomes, mainly snow and desert ones.

I just checked WnJ and central hub is in Wasteland.

Maybe i got this wrong but every seed i have used or made this update has the 0,0 hub in wasteland , sometimes the biomes surronding it are not wasteland but the centre is.

Just using a random seed and looting the central hub straight away doesnt seem a option unless your prepared to die alot, i think its a case of finding a seed with mini hubs/towns and crossroads that are in friendly enviroments in creative and noting the coordinates and then starting a new suvival game or maybe leave out creative and work on finding smaller towns and crossroads instead of attacking the central hub straight away

WallopingShark
09-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Can anyone tell me the coordinates of the trader(s) for WnJ? Lol I'm in class and have to write a paper when I get home so I don't want to have to do a creative game for research tonight, I just want to get straight into a game. I believe I read somewhere that theres more than one in this seed and I also know that I can find one by completing the 8 tasks at the beginning but I've played this seed before and I'm trying to get an idea of where the traders are according to the map in my head. Any help would be appreciated, I've done some research on forums and youtube videos but haven't found anything yet for WnJ.

MJS101104
09-15-2017, 01:14 AM
Can anyone tell me the coordinates of the trader(s) for WnJ? Lol I'm in class and have to write a paper when I get home so I don't want to have to do a creative game for research tonight, I just want to get straight into a game. I believe I read somewhere that theres more than one in this seed and I also know that I can find one by completing the 8 tasks at the beginning but I've played this seed before and I'm trying to get an idea of where the traders are according to the map in my head. Any help would be appreciated, I've done some research on forums and youtube videos but haven't found anything yet for WnJ.

If you complete the starter quest, the last thing you do is get directed to a trader. So finish the starter quests and you'll find at least 1 trader in your game.

irjvik
09-15-2017, 03:08 AM
Can anyone tell me the coordinates of the trader(s) for WnJ?

Hello.

I found three traders for now :
- 704N 64E
- 1230S 153W
- 1278S 632E

There may be other traders too, I haven't explored much, so keep an eye open too.

WallopingShark
09-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Hello.

I found three traders for now :
- 704N 64E
- 1230S 153W
- 1278S 632E

There may be other traders too, I haven't explored much, so keep an eye open too.

This was perfect. I spawned near the 3rd one and wasn't happy with the spot, so I quickly ran over to the 2nd one you listed and found a nice flat spot for my base near the trader. The best part is I'm within 1.5km of 4 or 5 towns from my base location.

graphite
09-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Seedname BeQuickOrBeDead

Seed with 10 towns/minihubs excluding the central hub and 3 crossroads.

I say 10 but one of the towns is mostly in the rad zone but still has a few blocks of looting so i thought i would include it.

Only explored it by road on minibike in creative for 2 game days so i cant really give any info on the lakes or detailed biome info.

Towns/Minihubs

2356N 1773W

2225N 182E

3868N 757E ** 75% In the rad zone **

2455N 1952E

576N 2365E

275N 1437W

1360S 2279W

1581S 722W

1380S 1018E

3026S 1581W

Crossroads

3067S 176E

2802S 2161E

1576S 2515E

Kraks77
09-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Crackpot Texas reviewed this map, he found 11 traders. Here is a link to his vid: https://youtu.be/TydFISZrN_o

Jon Dillinger
09-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Seedname BeQuickOrBeDead

Seed with 10 towns/minihubs excluding the central hub and 3 crossroads.

I say 10 but one of the towns is mostly in the rad zone but still has a few blocks of looting so i thought i would include it.

Only explored it by road on minibike in creative for 2 game days so i cant really give any info on the lakes or detailed biome info.

Towns/Minihubs

2356N 1773W

2225N 182E

3868N 757E ** 75% In the rad zone **

2455N 1952E

576N 2365E

275N 1437W

1360S 2279W

1581S 722W

1380S 1018E

3026S 1581W

Crossroads

3067S 176E

2802S 2161E

1576S 2515E

could you please distinguish the difference between the number of town and actual hubs cities "10 towns/mini hubs" is rather vague and im lookin for seed with 3 or more hub cities for a MP games since the loot respawn is locked at 30 days id like to have 3 or more hubs to rotate through (i need the Apartment buildings to help turbo boost my scavenging levels)

Jon Dillinger
09-18-2017, 04:50 PM
I just checked WnJ and central hub is in Wasteland.

Maybe i got this wrong but every seed i have used or made this update has the 0,0 hub in wasteland , sometimes the biomes surronding it are not wasteland but the centre is.

Just using a random seed and looting the central hub straight away doesnt seem a option unless your prepared to die alot, i think its a case of finding a seed with mini hubs/towns and crossroads that are in friendly enviroments in creative and noting the coordinates and then starting a new suvival game or maybe leave out creative and work on finding smaller towns and crossroads instead of attacking the central hub straight away

all hubs have the waste land texture layer of rubble on top of the biome all hubs will appaer to be waste land but if you look at them from far waya or simply dig that first layer of rubble you'll see the biom ground underneath wnj hss small parts of one of the hub in the waste land but not the whole thing

Jon Dillinger
09-18-2017, 04:56 PM

InsaneHCA14 no lakes two hubs very close both hubs are in forest and green biomes

graphite
09-18-2017, 05:17 PM
could you please distinguish the difference between the number of town and actual hubs cities "10 towns/mini hubs" is rather vague and im lookin for seed with 3 or more hub cities for a MP games since the loot respawn is locked at 30 days id like to have 3 or more hubs to rotate through (i need the Apartment buildings to help turbo boost my scavenging levels)

Sorry still learning the game and i think i got my unnderstanding of minihub incorrect can you give a correct way of identifying a minihub.

i am guessing that if its square and about half the size of the central hub then its a minihub but rectangles are just a bigger towns.

If this is the case then there is only one minihub so doesnt meet you requirements.

Kraks77
09-18-2017, 11:42 PM
AnthonyWright380

Jon Dillinger i've tried to catch you in other threads aswell sadly with No luck, so i'm trying again. 😉

Do you have any info on poi's etc on AnthonyWright380 because i'm playing and quite like it.

I have found 1 trader near the town on the mountain with the prison and the town with the Well. I think i remember you saying there are 10 towns, i'm looking forward to Explorer them just haven't had the chance yet. Rebuilding the prison takes time.

WallopingShark
09-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Crackpot Texas reviewed this map, he found 11 traders. Here is a link to his vid: https://youtu.be/TydFISZrN_o

Lol. I have been checking his channel for new seeds a few times a week since I started playing the game, and I subscribed to him on Youtube when the most recent update came out. I was hoping he would do a video on WnJ back when I posted the request for the coordinates. The "mental map" I said I was going to use was actually just crackpot's youtube map. Definitely glad to know he's getting the love he deserves being one of the only (definitely the best) console youtuber to go through the best seeds with a map instead of just saying they are good and maybe streaming it.

Jon Dillinger
09-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Jon Dillinger i've tried to catch you in other threads aswell sadly with No luck, so i'm trying again. ��

Do you have any info on poi's etc on AnthonyWright380 because i'm playing and quite like it.

I have found 1 trader near the town on the mountain with the prison and the town with the Well. I think i remember you saying there are 10 towns, i'm looking forward to Explorer them just haven't had the chance yet. Rebuilding the prison takes time.

so im guessing that the trader out post you've found is the one located at 2010 N 355 W

there are also the following (i don't have all the location as i only ran through the map once on creative and then started a fresh private game on nomad ) here's what i have rediscovered so far
Taders :
815 S 773 E
684 S 110 E

forge cabins to the north of both traders 580 S 715 E on

Hub city#2 Mini hub (all hubs and mini hubs will have two of every store except the pop n pills )
1720 S 2448 E

towns :
1710 S 600 E( also has bunker )
130 N 2343 E
2995 S 1808 E
2530 N 210 E
2410 N 1160 W

Jon Dillinger
09-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Sorry still learning the game and i think i got my unnderstanding of minihub incorrect can you give a correct way of identifying a minihub.

i am guessing that if its square and about half the size of the central hub then its a minihub but rectangles are just a bigger towns.

If this is the case then there is only one minihub so doesnt meet you requirements.

on the SEED InsaneHCA14 there are 2 hubs exactly the same size : some secondary hubs will be rectangle or square the shape is not an easy way to distinguish the hubs from towns the easiest way is that no matter the biome the hub is located in it will always appears as if its in the waste land , all hubs have the waste land weather and one layer of wasted land rubble on the tops soils even if there they're located in other biomes , all secondary hubs will have two of every store(except popnpills) they will have to apartment buildings and a random chance for all the new POIs , all hubs have there build elevated from the road and surrounded by side walk so if you don't see any fo these tell tale signs then its not a hub , if you do no matter the shape or size its a secondary hub , a few things that can make a hub special , police station are very rare in hubs if you find you've found something cool , hubs really close to each other is also a good score ... so any how hope this clears things up a bit , happyy hunting

Kraks77
09-21-2017, 05:37 AM
so im guessing that the trader out post you've found is the one located at 2010 N 355 W

there are also the following (i don't have all the location as i only ran through the map once on creative and then started a fresh private game on nomad ) here's what i have rediscovered so far
Taders :
815 S 773 E
684 S 110 E

forge cabins to the north of both traders 580 S 715 E on

Hub city#2 Mini hub (all hubs and mini hubs will have two of every store except the pop n pills )
1720 S 2448 E

towns :
1710 S 600 E( also has bunker )
130 N 2343 E
2995 S 1808 E
2530 N 210 E
2410 N 1160 W

Thanks Jon. Do you have an overview of which of the other new POIs are on the seed?

I just Got my minibike so as soon as i have time i will take a drive and see what i Can find.
I have almost rebuild the prison, with a funnel system leading to a drop pit.

Matteo_Fett_1970
09-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Bigphil check out Crackpot Texas's youtube page - lots of seeds for console and he maps them out for you - I do tutorials and gameplay but he is the master of seed maps for console - MF

Jon Dillinger
09-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Thanks Jon. Do you have an overview of which of the other new POIs are on the seed?

I just Got my minibike so as soon as i have time i will take a drive and see what i Can find.
I have almost rebuild the prison, with a funnel system leading to a drop pit.

well not on hand but off the top of my head i can tell you there is a town int he south west corner of the map that has the REDMESA facility happy hunting (btw the red mesa facility is on the north west corner of the south west town ) no co ord's right now sorry it'll be fun right ? i'll get em to you if "southwest corner " isn't helping any

Jon Dillinger
09-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Bigphil check out Crackpot Texas's youtube page - lots of seeds for console and he maps them out for you - I do tutorials and gameplay but he is the master of seed maps for console - MF

master at game play ? huh ........ checked out your videos, they're way better than any of mine (i have none ) but you don't have any videos on my search technique(or any like it ), i mean who wouldn't want to maximize their loot chances , next time you hit that crack book and you are tired of them empty book shelfs that could have schematics or paper for shot gun ammo but instead are empty ..... empty no more with my search technique Jon Dillinger's "sticky fingers super loot never poop search technique" you'll be looking for toilets just so you can get another pistol out of 'em .....legal disclaimer the "JDSFSLNPST" should never be used on air drops or treasure result will vary and disappointment will be eminent PS4 triangle , circle , triangle , XB1 ,Y,B,Y . tap if your client , fast if your host

Kraks77
10-06-2017, 08:15 AM
well not on hand but off the top of my head i can tell you there is a town int he south west corner of the map that has the REDMESA facility happy hunting (btw the red mesa facility is on the north west corner of the south west town ) no co ord's right now sorry it'll be fun right ? i'll get em to you if "southwest corner " isn't helping any

Thanks knowing its there is enough. 😉 Just went to the mountain town in the wasteland which has a prison yesterday. Dogs everywhere.

Svacalshs
10-17-2017, 06:09 PM
I've found tons of towns, 1 big lake next to the hub at 0,0 but you can ride around the lake. Only found one trader so far, I'll post coordinates once in about an hour or 2

Svacalshs
10-17-2017, 07:39 PM
I've found tons of towns, 1 big lake next to the hub at 0,0 but you can ride around the lake. Only found one trader so far, I'll post coordinates once in about an hour or 2

Coordinates for SWV are
Strip club 1123N 1479E
Town 607N 1918E
4 way 2140N 513E
Town 2425N 2445E
4 way 1282S 2372E
Town 1402S 514E
HUB 0,0
Town 658N 988E

That's what I've got so far, still a ton of the map incovered

Volk
10-27-2017, 05:39 AM
Noticed the numbers and letters E635SE in game on the sedan car model licence plate so on the off chance i loaded it up as a seed and spawned in forest found 2 mini hubs not in burnt or wasteland which is a change has anyone tried this seed if it keeps going in a positive direction i will post more details?
Is there any other game related seed names or is Rayah the only one ?
I have not really investigated the other character names fully but have tried a few.
Also is it common to have the same start location on a map seed as i tried it on 2 different accounts so i have assumed the start spawn doesnt change for Rayah for the host.

Edit: Update on Map seed E635SE

Begining to quite like this seed seems to have good biome diversity and easily traversed by road and hopefully on foot will be just as easy.
Does not seem like much wasteland or expanses of water but i have spotted quite a few water sources so hydration should not be a problem.

Mini hubs/towns

2152 n 2936 w
2656 n 1575 w
2410 n 1897 e
754 n 3431 w
392 n 2496 e
3083 s 1115 w
3142 s 501 e

Crossroads

3804 n 772 e
2468 n 156 w
630 n 1465 w
1152 s 2283 e
1660s 655 e
1218 s 1308w
1178s 3326w

That's a lot of crossroads. I think i will give this a try tonight

ApocoKat
10-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Looking for a seed with a lot of towns in green biome and flat land for a mega build. I am a boob so burnt forest is fine but I don't want a massive amount of destroyed areas. To in advance.

acantonio1
11-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and started playing a couple of months ago with my boyfriend. We just finished up our first map and wanted to start a new one.
Anyone know a seed for a mostly desert biome with lots of cities and little wasteland (oh god that wasteland was killer, literally! lol)
Thanks! :smile-new:

Madmartigan8109
11-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Looking for a seed with a Large cliff. I mean like LARGE LARGE Cliff and I dont wanna do a nav world and use the canyons.

I have a massive design in mind. Can anybody help with a good seed name with possible coordinates?

WallopingShark
11-09-2017, 02:08 AM
Looking for a seed with a Large cliff. I mean like LARGE LARGE Cliff and I dont wanna do a nav world and use the canyons.

I have a massive design in mind. Can anybody help with a good seed name with possible coordinates?

The easiest way to find one of these big cliffs is close to a city, a lot of times the city is lower elevation than the surrounding area and the change in elevation is usually very sudden and quick, which creates a cliff like you're looking for.

In the seed "Roobie" there is a very long cliff along a road next to the main hub city, specifically at 444S 382E looking north. There are cliffs to the right (east) of the road which just lead to a short valley at the bottom and then larger cliffs on the other side of the valley or there are cliffs to the left (west) side of the road which would lead you towards the main hub city. Because the main hub city is on the left it is wasteland all the way down on the left side of the road, but I know for sure that the cliffs on the right of the road are in a Pine Forest (the further up the road you get, it eventually turns into wasteland on the right side of the road, but the bottom of that valley is all pine forest. There is a large house nearby the coordinate above that has a forge in it too. There is a trader about 650m east of the house and another trader less than 1km east of the first trader. The main hub city is literally at the bottom of the cliffs on the left side of the road, but there is 1 town a little bit south of the coordinate above and another city southeast of the second trader. As far as water goes, I only know of 1 lake and its a huge lake with a north to south edge around 150S 2000E, but I know there are at least 2 houses in the city just south of these cliffs that have full pools in their backyard.

If I was you I would put my base along the other side of the small valley on the right side of the road, the highest point at 472S 520E. The cliff along this edge is very long and fairly straight, the only downside is that its not level all the way across, the peak is roughly 60-70 blocks from the valley floor but I'd say the average height is around 40-50 blocks high. The slope is such that if you were to sprint down it you would probably die and its impossible to sprint and jump up the cliffs for most of the entire section of cliff, it drops about 30 vertical blocks in the span of 2 horizontal blocks. The length of the cliff here is about 200 blocks, it goes from around 430E to around 630E. Crackpot Texas on youtube has made videos about this map showing the coordinates of all the towns and traders with all the new POI's in each town (two separate videos).

WallopingShark
11-09-2017, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and started playing a couple of months ago with my boyfriend. We just finished up our first map and wanted to start a new one.
Anyone know a seed for a mostly desert biome with lots of cities and little wasteland (oh god that wasteland was killer, literally! lol)
Thanks! :smile-new:
Not sure how big of a dessert area you're talking about or if you are okay with a plains biome so I'll suggest that you watch Crackpot Texas on youtube. He does seed showcases where he goes around and shows all the towns, which will give you a look at all the biomes too so you can get an idea of where you can build your base. A few seeds with the most cities are: Roobie, WnJ, and AllOurDestiney. He has 2 videos on each of these seeds where you can adequately get an idea if these seeds have what you are looking for. Know that all main hub cities (towns at 0,0) are located in wasteland so there will always be wasteland around that area.

WallopingShark
11-09-2017, 02:25 AM
Looking for a seed with a lot of towns in green biome and flat land for a mega build. I am a boob so burnt forest is fine but I don't want a massive amount of destroyed areas. To in advance.

Seed name "Roobie", at around 800S 1170E there is somewhat flat land to the north and west of here, just west of here is a trader and just east of here is a trader. The land isn't 100% flat but there aren't any hills north and west of the coordinate above. I built my base and a farm here because its with 1km of the main hub city, 2 other cities (might be a third, I'm not sure), and 2 traders so you are in the middle of everything, plus its all pine and maple forest until you get to the main hub city. If water is an issue, there is a huge lake at around 150S 2000E or 2 houses with pools in a town southwest of this location.

ZombieHoG
11-09-2017, 08:28 AM

Seed: TheWallow
Cords: just south of the Hub-City
The cliff (forrest biome) goes along the complete south side of the Hub (has 4 biomes in it) and is, [i guess, 20 blocks high...] measured it it goes from -17 to +83: that's a 100m high!
Don't know much more of the seed, but i haven't found a desert yet :(.

Madmartigan8109
11-09-2017, 04:16 PM
The easiest way to find one of these big cliffs is close to a city, a lot of times the city is lower elevation than the surrounding area and the change in elevation is usually very sudden and quick, which creates a cliff like you're looking for.

In the seed "Roobie" there is a very long cliff along a road next to the main hub city, specifically at 444S 382E looking north. There are cliffs to the right (east) of the road which just lead to a short valley at the bottom and then larger cliffs on the other side of the valley or there are cliffs to the left (west) side of the road which would lead you towards the main hub city. Because the main hub city is on the left it is wasteland all the way down on the left side of the road, but I know for sure that the cliffs on the right of the road are in a Pine Forest (the further up the road you get, it eventually turns into wasteland on the right side of the road, but the bottom of that valley is all pine forest. There is a large house nearby the coordinate above that has a forge in it too. There is a trader about 650m east of the house and another trader less than 1km east of the first trader. The main hub city is literally at the bottom of the cliffs on the left side of the road, but there is 1 town a little bit south of the coordinate above and another city southeast of the second trader. As far as water goes, I only know of 1 lake and its a huge lake with a north to south edge around 150S 2000E, but I know there are at least 2 houses in the city just south of these cliffs that have full pools in their backyard.

If I was you I would put my base along the other side of the small valley on the right side of the road, the highest point at 472S 520E. The cliff along this edge is very long and fairly straight, the only downside is that its not level all the way across, the peak is roughly 60-70 blocks from the valley floor but I'd say the average height is around 40-50 blocks high. The slope is such that if you were to sprint down it you would probably die and its impossible to sprint and jump up the cliffs for most of the entire section of cliff, it drops about 30 vertical blocks in the span of 2 horizontal blocks. The length of the cliff here is about 200 blocks, it goes from around 430E to around 630E. Crackpot Texas on youtube has made videos about this map showing the coordinates of all the towns and traders with all the new POI's in each town (two separate videos).

That is Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. My built will be about 60 blocks tall so that's why I was looking for something like this, gonna cut into the cliff and make it a flat edge.

Thanks

Xlxfearlessxlx
11-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Crackpot Texas had posted a video that said Valencia was a really good seed. It has 10 towns, 11 traders, and most of the towns are in green biomes.

acantonio1
11-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Not sure how big of a dessert area you're talking about or if you are okay with a plains biome so I'll suggest that you watch Crackpot Texas on youtube. He does seed showcases where he goes around and shows all the towns, which will give you a look at all the biomes too so you can get an idea of where you can build your base. A few seeds with the most cities are: Roobie, WnJ, and AllOurDestiney. He has 2 videos on each of these seeds where you can adequately get an idea if these seeds have what you are looking for. Know that all main hub cities (towns at 0,0) are located in wasteland so there will always be wasteland around that area.

Thank you! Just checked him out :)

ApocoKat
11-17-2017, 03:23 AM
I have found 2 beautiful seeds.

TownsGalore has at least 3 towns plus hub on the east side and a huge lake with a ring road all in great boomed. I haven't fully explored but it is promising.

Fright has crazy mountains and 1 hub and great green zone town with lakes to the north. It also has a million gravel paths with lots of POIs.

Nic1979
11-20-2017, 03:23 PM
I am looking to build a Norse sea/lake side village. I am looking for a lake, forest biome and snow biome all near each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WallopingShark
11-21-2017, 11:03 PM
On the seed "what" there is a town that I think will fit your criteria. It isn't a lake front town, but it is very very close to the town. The town is at 600N 1150W with the lake being a few hundreds blocks south, follow the road in the south east corner of the town and it will lead you to a lake. The town is in a snow biome and the lake is in a forest biome. The line between the biomes is the southern edge of the town. The town isn't huge but it has some of the new pois including the red mesa missile silo. Theres also a trader north east of the town along one of the paths. There is another town in the snow biome due north of the town I previously told you about. There is a third town due south of the original town, this one is further, maybe 1000 blocks or so from the first town. Crackpot Texas did a video on this seed, at 1:10 you will see the first town I'm talking about, he the moves south on the map to show the lake I'm talking about. Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYCArSrHd-M&t=22s)

WallopingShark
11-22-2017, 12:24 AM
I am looking to build a Norse sea/lake side village. I am looking for a lake, forest biome and snow biome all near each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My last post should've been directed at you.

Nic1979
11-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much!

ancientladyblue
11-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Does anyone have a seed that has very little wastelands and not too much water. Not too concerned with how many traders or towns, but wife and I just can't handle the dogs and are too scared to wander through random minefields.

Jon Dillinger
11-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have a seed that has very little wastelands and not too much water. Not too concerned with how many traders or towns, but wife and I just can't handle the dogs and are too scared to wander through random minefields.

InsaneHCA14 is a good seed it has two hub cities both hubs are in green biomes and there are 9 towns as well as the two hubs that's 11 towns total
there is also AnthonyWight380 remember caps

ancientladyblue
11-26-2017, 08:48 PM
We started playing on InsaneHCA14 and it seems to be just what we were looking for. Thanks! Does anyone know the trader locations for this seed?

Jon Dillinger
11-27-2017, 10:47 AM
We started playing on InsaneHCA14 and it seems to be just what we were looking for. Thanks! Does anyone know the trader locations for this seed?

Crackpot texas has a youtube infact here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZLltHcuOA

crazywildfire
11-27-2017, 11:08 AM

If you watch the video that Jon Dillinger posted above. Two traders in the top right area. One is under the town that part of it is in the red and the other one is beside the town south east of that one on the dead end road to the right of it.... two more traders south of main hub. That skinny town both are to the right of it. One is on the top right corner road that leads out just follow it out of town and it will be up a hill on the left side. The other one is the bottom right road that leads out of town. Follow that road and it will be on the left not to far down. The last one I have found is the road that connects the two hub city's about half way between them follow the dirt road.

Hope that helps. I think it only has the 5 traders. I have not finished searching all the dirt paths. The only ones I have left is the top left side in the burnt forrest and wasteland. I have searched about 50% of the dirt roads in that area but haven't finished so as much as I doubt another trader is in that area it could be a possibility.

Edit to say I just found another trader right on the red zone under the far south trader that I said above. It isn't on any dirt paths it is just out in the middle of nowhere lol so make that 6 traders so far on this seed.

ancientladyblue
11-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks so much for the info!

Tonphu
11-29-2017, 10:48 PM
I know there is a seed similar to this one but this one has some very interesting locations and seems to be a solid seed. without any known 'defects' in the land creation. haven't explored all of it but have explored enough and viewed in the distance much of it from mountain tops. "Wolfspine" is the name of the seed.(without the quotes of course) multiple traders.

Jon Dillinger
12-15-2017, 10:51 AM
New Seed Possibly my best yet !!

SEED: AnthonyWright -(it has three spaces at the end and remember its caps sensitive ) again 3 spaces at the end that puts it at the max 16 characters but the again the last 3 are spaces . Ok details PM for CO ORDS other wise no spoilers other that it has 9 towns 2 hubs that's 11 total (i just found the second hub) the clincher 7 of the 9 town are all in green biomes the both hub cities are in safe biome (no land mines to worry about) 2 of the nine town have Missile silos and both silo are in green biome towns less than 2 k from center hub and both have prisons as well there is some wasteland and but thankfully its hasn't claimed any town fully or too much of the map its easy to circumnavigate and also i found 8 traders so far i would say its better than InsaneHCA14 just because it has more Rare poi's and has a well house bunker off of a poi trail 0.7 k from center hub , hint both silo are in town north and south of center hub and center hub is always located at 0 N 0 W

Jon Dillinger
12-15-2017, 12:40 PM
if any one has a youtube account and would care to leave a comment on Crackpottexas's youtube asking to check out my new bad ass seed that would be awesome !!! if not i'll get around to making one (i just hate setting up accounts ) it took 9 months to set up this one for the forum

JRauch
12-15-2017, 01:10 PM

SEED: AnthonyWright -(it has three spaces at the end and remember its caps sensitive ) again 3 spaces at the end that puts it at the max 16 characters but the again the last 3 are spaces . Ok details PM for CO ORDS other wise no spoilers other that it has 9 towns 2 hubs that's 11 total (i just found the second hub) the clincher 7 of the 9 town are all in green biomes the both hub cities are in safe biome (no land mines to worry about) 2 of the nine town have Missile silos and both silo are in green biome towns less than 2 k from center hub and both have prisons as well there is some wasteland and but thankfully its hasn't claimed any town fully or too much of the map its easy to circumnavigate and also i found 8 traders so far i would say its better than InsaneHCA14 just because it has more Rare poi's and has a well house bunker off of a poi trail 0.7 k from center hub , hint both silo are in town north and south of center hub and center hub is always located at 0 N 0 W

Do you know if it has a Boobie Trap ? I've been looking for a map with one as I've yet to come across and explore one since we got them lol

crazywildfire
12-15-2017, 05:51 PM

I will check it out soon. The other two with 380 and 38 or something like that wasn't terrible just to much water for me lol. One of those wasn't to bad with the way the towns was layed out.

Next time I get on I will check this one out. I have not had much luck. Seems like every seed I have put in lately just has loads and loads of water lol.

Pablodiablo316
12-16-2017, 01:19 PM
InsaneHCA14 is a good seed it has two hub cities both hubs are in green biomes and there are 9 towns as well as the two hubs that's 11 towns total
there is also AnthonyWight380 remember caps

trying the insane seed now, liking it so far!

Jon Dillinger
12-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Do you know if it has a Boobie Trap ? I've been looking for a map with one as I've yet to come across and explore one since we got them lol

haven't found one yet but im still exploring the roads and trials so far when i have found a booby trap they were on the edge of the map off of poi trails

crazywildfire
12-16-2017, 01:56 PM
haven't found one yet but im still exploring the roads and trials so far when i have found a booby trap they were on the edge of the map off of poi trails

Don't remember what seed it was but I seen one right off the road right under hub. A seed I was on the other day had NW of hub. They could be a good starter base I think if you find one in the right spot to your liking. I think both of the ones I found on those two maps was pretty good but the rest of the map sucked lol.

I think the one seed I tried of yours had one on the west side of hub but it was near burnt forest and on a hill.

UPDATE:

OK so tested the seed and got to say it is really nice. I didn't do dirt paths so not sure what all is out and away from towns. It does have a little water on the east side but not to bad and definitely not as much as the other two seeds lol. Over all I mean all 3 are good just those first 2 seeds just wasn't for me with the water lol. Then this one here is just as nice as Insane seed. Not sure about the boobie trap but the only poi that I don't recall seeing is the oil factory. Thumbs up for this fine man.

What I would really like for IG to do is reduce the % of water to spawn on rwg. Maybe when they do another updated seed or something they could. I think for pc it works out because of how big the maps are but for the console it doesn't work out the great because of how small it is. Not saying all seeds but a good amount of them have just way way to much water. Of course this is my opinion.

Jon Dillinger
12-17-2017, 12:48 AM
i yeah water to me is worse than wasteland cause its unusable no loot no Z's no sunken pirate ships no nothing

crazywildfire
12-17-2017, 07:20 AM
I got one that I didn't explore all of it. I know the south aide of the map no matter if it is east or west. I think it was 6 maybe 7 towns on the south side. The west side around the boarder of north and south is mostly water the north side had at least a cross road and a town above hub. That is as far as I got. The town above hub was in green and snow. The towns south only one of them was a wasteland. Middle east and north east side I didn't explore.

the name of the seed is "FullerSeed"

If you like to explore with it and add numbers or spaces or whatever have at it maybe you can get one with not as much water or something.

sbjwarren02
12-28-2017, 04:53 PM

I'm on day 127 and only found 2 traders so far.

Thanks!

Lbjace900
01-05-2018, 12:34 AM
Hey guys, Iíve been browsing this thread and I see lots of seemingly good seeds with lots of hubs, towns, traders, etc. So Iíve played a game in Navezgane and I now want to try a more random seed but I also donít want to get stuck with a crappy seed that doesnít have a certain biome or certain POIís or has certain potentially game breaking features to it. Can everyone tell me what they think a best overall seed is? Or what even constitutes a ďbest overallĒ seed? Keep in mind this is for beginners looking to get a full experience. For me it seems like it would be

1 - Diverse biomes (all biomes well represented)
2 - at least one good hub city
3 - diverse and plentiful towns/POIís
4 - a few well placed traders

Lol, I know this is a tough question, but whatís the best OVERALL seed? :) thanks!!

ApocoKat
01-06-2018, 01:11 AM
Seed: SpankoHome.

This seed is awesome and I have barely explored it. There are 2 hub cities close to each other. At least 6 other towns in good biomes. There is a solo and prison. At least 2 traders. The awesome thing of all is there is a large army barracks the one with the concrete walls and at least 5 large bunkers 2 out on gravel roads and several small bunkers. There is at least 2 forge houses. 2 cross roads one with a hotel. A motel and a factory.

This map seems to have 1 of each POI. Only one area of wasteland so far and lots of water that is easily navigated.

I am on day 26 and I have yet to find a permanent base because there are so many awesome options.

WallopingShark
01-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Hey guys, I’ve been browsing this thread and I see lots of seemingly good seeds with lots of hubs, towns, traders, etc. So I’ve played a game in Navezgane and I now want to try a more random seed but I also don’t want to get stuck with a crappy seed that doesn’t have a certain biome or certain POI’s or has certain potentially game breaking features to it. Can everyone tell me what they think a best overall seed is? Or what even constitutes a “best overall” seed? Keep in mind this is for beginners looking to get a full experience. For me it seems like it would be

1 - Diverse biomes (all biomes well represented)
2 - at least one good hub city
3 - diverse and plentiful towns/POI’s
4 - a few well placed traders

Lol, I know this is a tough question, but what’s the best OVERALL seed? :) thanks!!

Theres not 1 single answer to this question, its very objective to the individual's specific set of criteria. Some people like large lakes some people cannot stand it, some people like the challenge of large non-green biomes (biomes that aren't forest) and some people like to only build bases in the forest. For your specific set of criteria I'd suggest "Roobie", "WnJ", or "chittychitty". All of these have plenty of towns with only a little water, more than a few traders, and little bit of every biome. For the seed Roobie I would recommend the coordinates around 808S 1175E because I know for sure that there are traders at 802 S 955E and 775S 1615E. There are also video showcasing each of these seeds on youtube, on the channel called Crackpot Texas.

Pepsigirl78
01-15-2018, 05:02 PM
I've come to the conclusion that I'm apparently way too picky :( I've been trying to find a map with very little water and no big wastelands (I've already done WnJ) but the only ones I seem to create like that have very few towns! :(

mrkrow69
01-18-2018, 10:37 PM
I have bigger plans with this list. But in my work towards the bigger plan I thought I would try to help put some information out there for others. Again, this is just the first step of a much bigger project.

SEEDS mentioned thus far:
- RedMountain (4 towns, large lakes, good sized biomes)
- InsaneHCA14 (2 cities, 8 towns, Mine, Cometary, 1 crossroad)
- Roasted (1 town)
- The Wasteland (7 towns)
- Not Jeff
- winning (Lots of water, 2 towns)
- Girl Talk (1 four way)
- Zombie
- Navezgane
- crackpot20 (10 towns, 2 cities)
- WnJ (10 towns, 2 cities, 5 crossroads, 11 traders)
- Epsilon (2 cities, couple towns, at least 1 crossroad)
- fubar (2 cities, 2 crossroads)
- Snowglobe (snow biome very scarce)
- EverQuest (9 towns, 2 cities, 4 crossroads)
- omega123 (1 city)
- cabininthewoods (more islands than anything)
- fart
- 2nd Attempt (lots of towns, 1 city)
- Nipopolis
- summerof1986
- 99WAYSTODIE (6 towns, 1 city, few crossroads)
- GamingBuds420 (2 cities, 11 towns, 3 crossroads)
- AllOurDestiny (13 towns, 3 cities)
- Raven (1 city, 6 towns, 2 crossroads)
- RandomGenMP (1 city)
- Goat4521Cheese (12 towns, 2 cities, 3 traders)
- INe3dHe4LiNg
- redrum1978
- chittychitty (6 towns, 2 cities)
- Chris (2 cities)
- Ps4secondtry (lots of cliffs)
- ryzqmqm (cluster of towns near center city)
- MyWorld (1 city, 2 towns)
- Castelvania (1 city)
- Zeds Playground (1 city)
- Update11 (1 city, 1 town)
- version116 (1 city, crossroad)
- Rayah (3 cities)
- E635SE (7 cities, 7 crossroads)
- what (1 city, 8 towns, 7 traders)
- Valencia (11 town, 1 city, 11 traders)
- StarvationFan (9 towns, 2 hubs, 8 traders)
- BeQuickOrBeDead (12 towns, 1 city, 6 traders, 3 crossroads)
- AnthonyWright380 (3 trader, 5 towns, 1 city)
- SMV (4 towns, 1 city, 1 trader, 2 crossroads)
- Roobie (2 cities, 2 towns)
- TheWallow (1 city, 1 town)
- TownsGalore (3 towns, 1 city)
- Fright (1 city, 1 town)
- Wolfspine (multiple traders)
- AnthonyWright___ (9 towns, 2 cities) Underscores are to reflect 3 spaces
- FullerSeed (7 towns, 1 city)
- SpankoHome (2 cities, 6 towns, 2 traders

I plan on expanding on these, but here is what I have taken as notes thus far.

Thanks everyone who has mentioned their experience with these seeds.

-Krow