PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] How does loot respawn work?

dark_knight097
07-08-2016, 06:25 AM
Does anyone know exactly how the loot repsawn works? Like do I have to be a certain distance away from where the loot spawns? How long is the timer for when the loot is supposed to respawn? I'm playing on navezgane with nomad difficulty.

Bigphil
07-08-2016, 06:37 AM
Try reading this....think its a common wonder of us players lol
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30315-Loot-Respawn-Mechanics

dark_knight097
07-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Try reading this....think its a common wonder of us players lol
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30315-Loot-Respawn-Mechanics

Ok thanks

Pathfinder4879
07-08-2016, 08:35 AM
EDIT: Wrong Link Bare with me

Try the above as well - There's a few TFP Posts in there that explain respawn mechanics :)

BigDuffy
07-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I play on Xbox 1 and if playing on my own there is a setting to change the spawn rate. Mine is set at 20 min. I find that the ones close to my base spawn when I have went for a walk somewhere.

MrCervelo
07-31-2016, 11:51 PM
Sorry to slightly reopen this old thread.

I'm curious to how loot respawning works if you go back to an area before the 30 days is up. I looted a Working Stiff (Navezgane, outside Diresville) early in the game, went back and it had respawned. I went back to Perishton after what I thought was 30 days, but nothing had respawned, so I did some other looting and left. Does that reset the 30 on the already empty areas? Or does it just delay?

I still haven't found any calipers despite looting a Working Stiff store with Scavenging of 60 and Quality Joe 3 (which I know the later doesn't affect something like Calipers). I really hope that the console gets Alpha 15 with Traders so there is at least an alternative to finding them.

LordViperScorpion
08-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Sorry to slightly reopen this old thread.

I'm curious to how loot respawning works if you go back to an area before the 30 days is up. I looted a Working Stiff (Navezgane, outside Diresville) early in the game, went back and it had respawned. I went back to Perishton after what I thought was 30 days, but nothing had respawned, so I did some other looting and left. Does that reset the 30 on the already empty areas? Or does it just delay?

I still haven't found any calipers despite looting a Working Stiff store with Scavenging of 60 and Quality Joe 3 (which I know the later doesn't affect something like Calipers). I really hope that the console gets Alpha 15 with Traders so there is at least an alternative to finding them.

somewhere in that thread it says you cant go somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 blocks from a container or it resets the 30 days. I figured this out the hard way revisiting the big working stiffs in NAVG too frequently and checking the boxes. Couldnt find the tool and die or nalgun until day 200 ish. I finally made sure I wait a full 30 days before returning and they were all reset. for the better part of the 100's I kept going back and the loot hadn't respawned, I was a little slow to get it :(

MrCervelo
08-03-2016, 10:59 PM
somewhere in that thread it says you cant go somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 blocks from a container or it resets the 30 days. I figured this out the hard way revisiting the big working stiffs in NAVG too frequently and checking the boxes. Couldnt find the tool and die or nalgun until day 200 ish. I finally made sure I wait a full 30 days before returning and they were all reset. for the better part of the 100's I kept going back and the loot hadn't respawned, I was a little slow to get it :(

I believe the expression rhymes with "clucking bell".

Watching Kage848 on YT, he tends to mark areas with a waypoint and title it when he loots it. Unfortunately, you can't do that on console, so it requires being methodical and then using old pen and paper.

LordViperScorpion
08-05-2016, 08:31 AM
ah well I actually have a pretty good memory for an alcoholic stoner, I am a programmer so it's part of my ninja skill set though I suppose. I need to be able to do equations after drinking a gallon of bongwater and bleach. :D

I actually have the navg map from a buddy which kind of was a spoiler, and once youve seen it its kind of hard to forget where stuff is anyway. it was more that I just didnt quite understand the mechanic of spawning. now I loot places in waves, I am sort of rotating around the best places on the map at this point and just keeping it in my head how long its been in each biome. I am super endgame where I am just building stupid stuff. total godmode so yeah, never got all the auger or chainsaw parts but found literally every single other thing 3 dozen times now so it's really not that big of a deal. its probably time for me to join / start a new game.