PDA

View Full Version : Console 1.1 Patch Released

The Fun Pimp
06-27-2016, 03:36 PM
Hey Folks,
Console Patch 1.1 is out! Here are the details:

Console Patch 1.1 is out! (http://7daystodie.com/console-patch-1-1-is-out/)

Roland
07-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Sorry folks. I somehow messed up the two announcement threads in trying to merge them and move them to the right spot and everything got erased. I was able to recreate the announcement post by copying and editing a different thread of The Fun Pimp in order to get a thread back.

So please if you had questions that you feel did not get noticed...here is your big chance on a big blank slate. Hopefully, things will settle down a bit as we move forward.

Bigphil
07-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Thanks Roland,

Could someone post here prior to update release some patch notes in future...give us console gamers summit to look forward or etc?

WarvTheUnworthy
07-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Thanks Roland,

Could someone post here prior to update release some patch notes in future...give us console gamers summit to look forward etc?

I think this would help. The game has only been out for just over a week, and there are a few minor bugs and some game breaking ones. I think using patch notes to clarify what is priority/coming down the pipeline first will help sooth a lot of it. May even release a "priority order" so we know what to expect, I know this is difficult with unforeseen bugs and new issues that could delay a fix, but I know it would help my friend group with their expectations of what a fix/patch will do. Many were underwhelmed by this first one even though it did some GREAT things to the game. Charting a soft course could significantly help.

Example: I'm looking forward to the POI fixes, playing a random gen at the moment isn't worth it if the world is vast and empty. Nav is a great map to play at this time until that is resolved and I'm enjoying it. But if I saw in the July/Aug notes that the POI fix was coming, I'd be amped up to keep playing Nav and waiting to explore and entirely new and an undiscovered world filled with details and surprises. So even if there were going to continue being an issue with overheating or a minibike disappearing, I'd know that there is an order to the operations.

Thanks for setting this up!

Sothasil
07-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Hey madmaole don't know if you answered me or not last time, but any clue IF you all are going to be be bringing custom create a character to the PS4 or console.

Sothasil
07-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Hey Roland maybe you could and my question. Do you think costom create a character will come to consoles? Ps4 I mean lol

Roland
07-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I will bring up those ideas about patch notes and priority lists with Clare. She is definitely looking for ways to ease tensions right now in regards to the consoles. As far as content and features that will show up in the future it is anybody's guess. Again, announcements of that sort will almost certainly come by way of Clare. She is really busy right now working through the worst issues and helping people out but I know she has big plans for the console side of the forums.

buffalobils113
07-08-2016, 09:37 PM
I will bring up those ideas about patch notes and priority lists with Clare. She is definitely looking for ways to ease tensions right now in regards to the consoles. As far as content and features that will show up in the future it is anybody's guess. Again, announcements of that sort will almost certainly come by way of Clare. She is really busy right now working through the worst issues and helping people out but I know she has big plans for the console side of the forums.

Hi, forums seem alright, easy to navigate but reading thru all the messages at times can be crazy when I'm simply looking for developer threads or responses. Maybe add a text color so you guys really stick out. If not ill survive 'till the zombies eat me'. Love the game! (Xbox one)

WizzyWizzard
07-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Is there someway that you guys can get this issue fixed with corrupted save files or stuck at building environment or unable to connect to any servers? Because i bought the game and its absolutely unplayable. I feel honestly like I wasted $30 because i sit here watching everyone else able to play but i cant.

I honestly think that anyone who basically csnt play the game should be compensated for all these issued and basically not being able to play the game. Id either like my $30 back or a way of compensation because this is seriously unfair

Seperate Titan
07-09-2016, 06:18 PM
I expect better out of your patches. You didnt fix any of the major problems. I.E the CE-...Error code that makes your game pretty much pointless.

GinShikaru
07-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Hello, first let me start by saying thank you for the information on the update and confirming that issues are being looked into. Now into my real objective despite some seriously game breaking bugs I am very happy playing this game and even recommend it to friends who can overlook buggy game play, I do however have one question I desperately seek an answer to. Will there be a update (preferably in the near future) that will allow a larger population in one game? Currently I have five other friends that have been playing in my world with me but since only 3 can be in it with me at any given time it is rather sad to not be able to play with them all at once. Thank you for any responses in advance.

Chriswest
07-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Will the update at the end of the month (July) give us the ability to have more than 4 players in a lobby ? If not when can we expect to see this ?

Ryugan
07-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Will us console players ever see dedicated servers or possible rentable servers in the future? I mean only being able to play with three friends, when I have about 16 friends who play is kind of annoying & a bummer..

Many games have setup a system to get rentable servers, via Microsoft or other 3rd party companies. Is this something we may see or am I stuck only being able to play with 3 of my friends on Xbox One?

Regards,

Rebel D. Ryugan

RipShaDe41
07-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Will us console players ever see dedicated servers or possible rentable servers in the future? I mean only being able to play with three friends, when I have about 16 friends who play is kind of annoying & a bummer..

Many games have setup a system to get rentable servers, via Microsoft or other 3rd party companies. Is this something we may see or am I stuck only being able to play with 3 of my friends on Xbox One?

Regards,

Rebel D. Ryugan

Yeah I have the same question. We NEED dedicated servers and more ppl per server. 4 player max is a slap in the face bad. Please increase player count, add dedicated servers, fix framerate and lag issues

timidobserver
07-12-2016, 01:15 AM

Regards,

Rebel D. Ryugan

Bugs aside, this is probably the thing that will determine how long this game keeps me playing. In the short term I would settle for a search interface that actually allows me to easily get back to games that I've join. It sucks losing my progress on any randomly joined game as soon as I logout or crash.

King Of The North
07-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Brand new DLC coming with the next update/patch ? I think you should fix the game first. There's no way you can release any DLC until the game is playable and been stable for a few months.

The Lobo
07-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Sorry folks. I somehow messed up the two announcement threads in trying to merge them and move them to the right spot and everything got erased. I was able to recreate the announcement post by copying and editing a different thread of The Fun Pimp in order to get a thread back.

So please if you had questions that you feel did not get noticed...here is your big chance on a big blank slate. Hopefully, things will settle down a bit as we move forward.

do you know if the building environment bug is getting worked on? I would really like to play this game but I can play my save because I am stuck on that screen.

vWar 7
07-14-2016, 07:44 PM

When can we expect a patch for xbox one that will actually allow us to play the game we spent 30$ for. I bought this game on PC to when it first came out as well but only so little has changed. I enjoy playing it with friends but there isn't room for enough of my friends in a game and it crashes out, making it impossible to enjoy the game fully. All my friends are refusing to even look at the game and the ones who have it are so upset with it they won't even look at it because it infuriates everyone that it has potential and we spent good, hard earned money on something that isn't working. Please look into dedicated servers like ark so everyone can enjoy and take some of the load from your already terrible servers. Not to be an A** cause it is a good game or at least will be when completed. Thanks. -J

DrizzyDannyDrexx
07-15-2016, 07:50 AM
•Patch 1.02
•Digital Download
•Pre-order Character DLC (Michonne/Clint) etc.

(character revised, I played as Hank/Lee not Hank/Clint)

•Multiplayer World (Navezgane)
•Difficulty (Scavenger)
•Character Hank/Lee
•Time of day 5:00/15:00
•Biome Plain/Snow

(Day 215)
•Activity Prior to game crashing

I was Collecting Wood resource (Steel fireaxe) (All clothing inventory slots were filled) [Iron Armor/Mining helmet/Googles/White sweatshirt/red puff jacket/black denim pants] by the church in Navezgane, Blue screen occurred with an error code, restarted the game and saved file was gone.

•Second
Game crash leading to a corrupted saved game file/Data

Was placing Steel fireaxe inside a wooden chest 57 meters below ground, inside my make shift bunker, game crashed and Game data was corrupted and deleted.

•Third
Game crash leading to a corrupted saved game file/data

I was inside bunker (57 meters below ground)
I wanted to stream my gameplay on twitch, I pressed the (share button) which brought up the screen to stream on the twitch service.
I began entering the tittle for my stream name, after that was done I pressed "begin streaming" as that processed the game crashed.
All game data, saved file was deleted.

(UPDATING GAME CRASH LEADING TO CORRUPTED DATA)

[ DAY 225]

•Fourth crash
i noticed the crash happened as soon as my game started Auto saving and my screen started lagging a bit and that's when the game crashed.
I was mining, nothing out of the ordinary that I haven't already been doing for the past 2 hours.

•Fifth crash
Reporting a 5th Game/Save corrupting Crash right now at 12:08 PST 7/14/16 exactly 29min prior to this crash I had my 4th one.

I was standing still prior to mining, my game began to save and it immediately crashed after that.

(I'm Here once again updating, yet another game crash.)

•Sixth Crash
This happened 10min into starting up my game.
It is 3:45am PST, I'm basically at the same spot as I have been in my previous game crashes, mining underground 53merers to be exact.

I was mining, the game began to save/lag and it crashed on me again.

I Crashed Three times last night, all about 30-35 min apart from each other.
I luckily Saved all my data to Playstaion Plus (Online cloud storage)
I'm continuing to Quit my game every 25min, and backing up my save on my (Playataion Online cloud storage) to prevent any further loss of progress.

Please read
I believe that I can re-create this game breaking bug, i can record and get a file sent over to you, let me know if that's something we can arrange.
Thank you

PSN ID: Drizzy_Drexx

Thank you very much for reading and reporting these bugs, I appreciate your hard work.

Note for developers:
You have an amazing game here, despite where the game stands at the moment, I truly admire the work of art and hard work that you have put into this game.
This game is like nothing I have ever played before,
I wish you guys the luck and good spirits in the further development of this for consoles.

- [ ] Sincerely, John

ape_candy
07-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Will the update at the end of the month (July) give us the ability to have more than 4 players in a lobby ? If not when can we expect to see this ?

I agree. This is the most important issue at the moment. I usually always have 5 or 6 friends wanting to play at once. Its a real bummer that we cant all join together.

JustSomeGuy
07-16-2016, 07:14 AM
I really hope you guys fix the multiplayer part. I can't play the game with my friend anymore since he keeps getting kicked out after many attempts to invite him to our world that I created.

Naomistone1
07-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Any update on console problems really love the game but now on our 4th restart on Xbox one because of build environment issues

Roland
07-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Any update on console problems really love the game but now on our 4th restart on Xbox one because of build environment issues

do you know if the building environment bug is getting worked on? I would really like to play this game but I can play my save because I am stuck on that screen.

The patch is still on track for end of July/ beginning of August. If you are one of those affected by this bug it is recommended you wait until after the patch to start a long term game save.

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:13 PM
I really hope you guys fix the multiplayer part. I can't play the game with my friend anymore since he keeps getting kicked out after many attempts to invite him to our world that I created.

This is one of the bugs that is being worked on for the next patch.

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:17 PM
I expect better out of your patches. You didnt fix any of the major problems. I.E the CE-...Error code that makes your game pretty much pointless.

When can we expect a patch for xbox one that will actually allow us to play the game we spent 30$ for. I bought this game on PC to when it first came out as well but only so little has changed. I enjoy playing it with friends but there isn't room for enough of my friends in a game and it crashes out, making it impossible to enjoy the game fully. All my friends are refusing to even look at the game and the ones who have it are so upset with it they won't even look at it because it infuriates everyone that it has potential and we spent good, hard earned money on something that isn't working. Please look into dedicated servers like ark so everyone can enjoy and take some of the load from your already terrible servers. Not to be an A** cause it is a good game or at least will be when completed. Thanks. -J

The first patch was for the easily reproducible bugs and known causes. For example it was known that choosing clint or miguel caused crashes. The second patch will address the tougher issues that don't seem to be universally experienced like the infinite building environment bug. Figuring out what is causing the file corruption for some users and the inability for friends to join friends games is much more challenging and it is why the the next patch is taking longer than the first. It is still on track for end of July/ beginning of August

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Hey Roland maybe you could and my question. Do you think costom create a character will come to consoles? Ps4 I mean lol

We don't know/ can't answer that question. That is a decision that Telltale Games has to make. If I were to guess then I would say no or at least a very limited version at best. Telltale likes to sell skins and they are unlikely to undermine themselves by putting in a feature that would allow players to custom create their own characters that looks like a skin that Telltale wants to sell. But....I could be wrong.

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:26 PM
Brand new DLC coming with the next update/patch ? I think you should fix the game first. There's no way you can release any DLC until the game is playable and been stable for a few months.

The DLC coming with the next patch are likely to be assets that are already done and just didn't make it in time. The primary focus of the next patch is fixing the game and no time will be taken away from the bug squashing for creating new content at this time.

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:32 PM

The next patch will not increase player counts for multiplayer. There is no timeline when or if this will happen. The developers are looking into it but cannot promise anything.

Roland
07-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Hello, first let me start by saying thank you for the information on the update and confirming that issues are being looked into. Now into my real objective despite some seriously game breaking bugs I am very happy playing this game and even recommend it to friends who can overlook buggy game play, I do however have one question I desperately seek an answer to. Will there be a update (preferably in the near future) that will allow a larger population in one game? Currently I have five other friends that have been playing in my world with me but since only 3 can be in it with me at any given time it is rather sad to not be able to play with them all at once. Thank you for any responses in advance.

The developers are looking into the possibility of dedicated servers to allow more players at once and have 24/7 persistent worlds. There is no word yet on how likely this will be or when it might become a reality.

Naomistone1
07-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Thanks to replying Roland and moving it to hear yes I understand the answer we are all getting just a shame to lose out on Two weeks worth of gaming hours form such a good game

Roland
07-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Thanks to replying Roland and moving it to hear yes I understand the answer we are all getting just a shame to lose out on Two weeks worth of gaming hours form such a good game

Quick game modes I personally enjoy:

1) Set days to 10 minutes. Game over if you die once.
2) Set zombies to always run. Game over if you die once.
3) Set zombies to highest spawn and choose insane difficulty and then play nomad. No base building-- just explore and use POIs for safety at night. Game over if you die once.
4) Enable the creative menu and disable zombie spawning. Find a half destroyed building and restore it to its glory using all the available blocks in the game.

The game can be a lot of fun if you take the long-term progression and base building out of the equation and just try to beat your last survival time. I have the xbox1 version and refuse to even start a serious long term game until patch 2 comes out. I haven't experienced any bugs yet but I've heard enough horror stories of corrupted files after 80 days to keep me at the "just fooling around" level of the game....

Naomistone1
07-16-2016, 05:43 PM

3) Set zombies to highest spawn and choose insane difficulty and then play nomad. No base building-- just explore and use POIs for safety at night. Game over if you die once.
4) Enable the creative menu and disable zombie spawning. Find a half destroyed building and restore it to its glory using all the available blocks in the game.

The game can be a lot of fun if you take the long-term progression and base building out of the equation and just try to beat your last survival time. I have the xbox1 version and refuse to even start a serious long term game until patch 2 comes out. I haven't experienced any bugs yet but I've heard enough horror stories of corrupted files after 80 days to keep me at the "just fooling around" level of the game....

It is a very good game last time I died I was mauled by a bear then husband got mauled by said bear we are just hoping we can get our saved games back with the new patch no done it on a ten min gamemmay try that tonight

caleb68
07-17-2016, 02:22 AM
It is a very good game last time I died I was mauled by a bear then husband got mauled by said bear we are just hoping we can get our saved games back with the new patch no done it on a ten min gamemmay try that tonight

Its unlikely you will get your save games back that wont load anymore,speaking from experience with the pc version, most likely you will need to start a new game. Generally from going by how the patches effected the pc version, many of the patch features wouldnt take effect unless you started a new game, like for example, the missing dirt road POI's wouldnt magically get added in after the patch, you would need to start a new game in order for it to work, the only areas that would be effected are areas that were never visited.

I am currently playing a map seed InsaneHCA14 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?43847-Seeds&p=461407#post461407), and running around discovering things and playing around with building a base at one of the bunkers on it, I plan on restarting the random gen world after they release the next patch (hopefully they fix the poi's) play it. I know the seed is going to change a little with the patch as well, they always do, but I am looking forward to exploring again and checking out all the dirt roads as it has tons currently.

I have set my game days to 1 hour with 18 hours of sunlight, it helps us keep track of time while playing and we have yet to have a game not be able to load back up. I do suggest if either of you are using Clint or Migeal to switch to a different character, they seem to screw games up. We are currently on day 137, we have had a couple crashes that have lost a few minutes of progress thoughout that time but the game will still load for us (that random gen world is RedMountain).

Hope you. Two continue to have fun with the game together :) its always more fun to play with family, but I wouldn't hope too high on getting your saves back.

Naomistone1
07-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Its unlikely you will get your save games back that wont load anymore,speaking from experience with the pc version, most likely you will need to start a new game. Generally from going by how the patches effected the pc version, many of the patch features wouldnt take effect unless you started a new game, like for example, the missing dirt road POI's wouldnt magically get added in after the patch, you would need to start a new game in order for it to work, the only areas that would be effected are areas that were never visited.

I am currently playing a map seed InsaneHCA14 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?43847-Seeds&p=461407#post461407), and running around discovering things and playing around with building a base at one of the bunkers on it, I plan on restarting the random gen world after they release the next patch (hopefully they fix the poi's) play it. I know the seed is going to change a little with the patch as well, they always do, but I am looking forward to exploring again and checking out all the dirt roads as it has tons currently.

I have set my game days to 1 hour with 18 hours of sunlight, it helps us keep track of time while playing and we have yet to have a game not be able to load back up. I do suggest if either of you are using Clint or Migeal to switch to a different character, they seem to screw games up. We are currently on day 137, we have had a couple crashes that have lost a few minutes of progress thoughout that time but the game will still load for us (that random gen world is RedMountain).

Hope you. Two continue to have fun with the game together :) its always more fun to play with family, but I wouldn't hope too high on getting your saves back.
Not to fussed if we have to start again all experience at the end of the day we are planning a restart when we get new features in the game just going to mess around on some maps find what's best for us and what not with the game problems its not to bad we never used the buggy characters same18 hour days just getting stuck on build environment but hey its still a new game they will sort it in time

JustSomeGuy
07-19-2016, 11:20 AM
This is one of the bugs that is being worked on for the next patch.

Thanks for responding to us, Roland. I appreciate the time and patience for letting us know what's up and all that good stuff.

Toad_au
07-20-2016, 12:34 AM
Hoping for a dedicated server and more players to help with drop outs and life of this game. Since your host can't go afk extensively Incase of drop out or starving to death.

But I would like to know if there are any plans for adding in additional vehicles like a car use the boot as storage like in similar games on pc or lawn mower to harvest grass find a frame or complete one in a shed salvage parts ect

KINGRUFUS79
07-20-2016, 06:25 AM
Hey Folks,
Console Patch 1.1 is out! Here are the details:

Console Patch 1.1 is out! (http://7daystodie.com/console-patch-1-1-is-out/)

So since the first day I started playing I've been kicked off with the error code sooooooo many times!!!!!
So what's the deal? Patch doesn't help!!!!!
Reinstalled the app, reset system and router.... Still getting kicked off.
Can you explain why... Why.... WHY????????????

zombiewolfy
07-20-2016, 07:13 AM
could we later be able to change color/transparency on cross hairs ,also upgraded bows/crossbow,animal traps aswell so we could capture livestiock pigs/chickens also choose which biome you spawn in desert/snow etc also swords ,pikes and upgrade wooden spikes

TNBmutez
07-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Hi there! First off I want to say I love the game and I'm happy that it's hit console.
Now to the main point of this. I currently am having the IE screen as well, and I noticed on the patch notes released that there was an issue with the sound of the rain in some biomes. Now here is what I'm experiencing with my IE load screen and who knows maybe it will help fix a bug or something.
I first crashed reading myself up for a night in a shotgun messiah in the winter biome of the default map. (I don't care to butcher the name) So taking that in consideration one would think I would load in the same area. So while loading up these are the sounds I experience. First hard and loud rain (which wouldn't make sense considering I'm in the winter biome at least to my knowledge) then about 30 seconds to 1 minute in, it goes silent and you can hear the background ambiance, growls in the night, howling from packs. I've even kept it on long enough to go through an entire day and had zombies consume my body (sounds wise) and hoping there would be some chance to load in.
Now I know I'm not a developer or anything but if you were to take into account that you've fixed/patched the one problem with the rain noises, maybe its a small bug or loading problem with the rain. On a side note, I wouldn't even know it was raining on the console because the weather always seems clear in game other than the noises theres and umbrella icon on the status bar there is no noticeable difference between rain or shine.
I hope this would maybe help in some way to help fix the IE loading screen. Although the one guy trumps me for noting everything he was doing the times and crashes maybe its something more minor in a sense.
Best of luck!
Oh and is there at least any word about 1. when the patch may come out other than late July/early August and 2. If there is a quick fix to it will we still have to start a new or not?
Thanks for reading and again hope it helps.

Lionhunter55
07-24-2016, 11:44 PM
GREAT GAME! Anything in store for us randomgen scavengers? ( there really arent many structures to explore, let alone towns) im on PlayStation 4. Thanks and great work!

Bonez
07-27-2016, 05:39 PM
So.. It is the end of the month any word on the patch or do I need to call for an acceptable answer?

Petroman_
07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Does anyone back up their saves from PS4 to the cloud? I have lost many game files, I just back up every day and if I lose the file I can just download from the cloud. Works perfect.

RipShaDe41
07-30-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm praying that a patch comes within a week and not later. We need it bad

killedman2
07-30-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm praying that a patch comes within a week and not later. We need it bad
Im guessing "late July" is out the window :(

skippy0330
07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Does anyone back up their saves from PS4 to the cloud? I have lost many game files, I just back up every day and if I lose the file I can just download from the cloud. Works perfect.

backing up to usb works really well too, and is really quick. I do this with ALL my game saves, as console is really bad for corrupting saves.

Mr.Black
07-31-2016, 09:24 AM
I have been having this problem and a few of my friends have as well we no longer get attacked on the seventh day of the game it will play the call and everything but we see no zombies is there a way to fix this or will we need to wait for a patch