PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 Oil Shale?

FoqsDen
07-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm trying to make a garage, and connect my base to the main road, has anyone actually located oil shale on the ps4 version of the game? If you have could you detail where you found it in a comment please.

SylenThunder
07-10-2016, 01:10 PM
On the PC, you pretty much only find it in the desert biome.

FoqsDen
07-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Okay now is the Deserty biome with the short and medium cactus the one i need to dig in? It has no aloe but has some sparse clusters of trees.

BigSmokey
07-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Depending on the map you have, find a desert cave and just dig. I use the desert cave as you can block the entrance nicely for protection then dig all day and night.

the Oil Shale has like a purple tint to the rock and is often found next to coal

forgot to mention i am also on PS4

jdizzy2010
07-14-2016, 10:10 AM
You will find a lot of oil in the desert. You can also make gas with animal fat and corn. Turn the animal fat into biofuel and the corn to corn meal and the on a campfire use the corn meal and bottled water to make grain alcohol.

Madmicky
04-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Cannot find it anywhere has anyone else found it

Damselx1
04-11-2017, 05:37 AM
If you want oil shale you need to find a full desert (sand with lots of large cactus, yukka plants and aloe vera plants, rather than the plains). Did down until you hit rock (you need to go down a long way) then dig a little further down and start moving horizontally. Keep an eye out for pinking looking rock. Once you find it, you'll get loads very quickly.

Some have suggested digging down from a clay deposit as they believe this marks where the ore is.

Pablodiablo316
04-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Just bear in mind how much fuel you willget from oil shale too, its the most efficient of the fuel sources in one world we dug it out and I put it all on the campfire at once cannot remember how much it was but hell, I tied up a fireplace for 8 hours so broke it down into small refinement chunks.

Powered_By_Poi
04-13-2017, 04:41 PM
while you are in the desert biome dig down to bedrock. about 20 blocks up is a secions of rock, should be the first section of rock you hit while digging up from bedrock. that is where i have always found all my oil shale. but only in the desert biome.

Mregomies
04-21-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to make a garage, and connect my base to the main road, has anyone actually located oil shale on the ps4 version of the game? If you have could you detail where you found it in a comment please.

https://youtu.be/iXG5yazzP3U

Evil Genius Prime
04-23-2017, 08:49 PM
The desert biome is the one with aloe plants and the tall cacti. The plains/savannah biome doesn't have tall cactus or aloe.

Zourin
05-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Also make sure you aren't digging under a POI or town/city. Those are sandstone straight to bedrock as I found out. As soon as I worked out from under the forced-flat terrain, I started finding oil shale and iron

madmitchell79
06-21-2017, 04:39 PM
the best way to find oil shale is to find a clay patch in the desert.

you should have to dig 30-40 blocks down until you reach rock. dig down about 3 blocks once you've hit the rock and then start prospecting.

I nearly always find oil this way :)