PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Question on zombie spawning and how to prevent in certain areas ...

Stix
07-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Hi all.

My question revolves around zombie spawning and how to prevent in certain areas. Before I go nuts and create tunnels and massive custom bases around POI, or just build in general, is there a way to prevent zombies from spawning within a "base" or tunnel system, etc? Sorry for the comparison, but in Minecraft I just usually light the crap out of tunnels, bridges, and buildings. Does something like that work in this, or is there another method to keep zombies from spawning within areas I am creating as "safe" spaces?

Thank you in advance!

razor1612
07-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Crafted blocks should keep zeds from spawing on those exact blocks, so carpeting your area with wooden blocks SHOULD create a "quarantined" area. Not sure if it works, though... :uncomfortableness:

RazorGaming
07-10-2016, 05:56 PM
What I notice is that the horde always attack one of my doors. Sure I've a lot of defense but it's curios that the undead only attack the doors.... But maybe iam the only one...

Doombringer101
07-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Zombies are drawn to doors, part of the AI target prioritisation.

Stix
07-10-2016, 09:23 PM
I am ok with being drawn to doors.

Mainly, what I am looking at is if I create a large base, say like a castle style, how do you keep zombies from spawning within it? Also, if I create tunnels between buildings, will zombies spawn within my tunnels? Is there a way to keep them from spawning within certain areas I want to keep as safe locations?