PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Changing the Settings of an Already Created World

kylerfox10
07-18-2016, 05:14 AM
My friend tells me there is a way to change the settings of a world after you create it by pressing continue, pressing X on the world you want to change and then selecting change setting instead of start world, but when I go there, all I see is start world. I have tried to reinstall, but it didn't work, also I don't see a Prefix for PS4 so I just put dedicated

kylerfox10
07-20-2016, 03:38 AM
Any help?

MrCervelo
07-20-2016, 04:28 AM
I have the option to change settings, I'm on PS4. Not sure why it wouldn't be there.

caleb68
07-20-2016, 03:43 PM
After you select the world you should have several options, one of them being game settings. If you go into that you can change many diffrent aspects of the game, modded options allow you to change various things like block durability, loot abundanc, zombie spawning, day length in minutes, etc.

After s lecting the world it should be th first option in the list that comes up on the start game menu. The only mode I dont know if you get this or not is creative, but I know the others give the options.

If your joining someone elses game you can not change any of the options, only the one running the game can, and that should be the only time your not given the option.

kylerfox10
07-20-2016, 07:33 PM
I have 3 different worlds, one of them is creative, when I press X on all of them, I just get Start Game

caleb68
07-20-2016, 09:50 PM
Hrm strange, after going into continue game, then selecting the world (x on ps4, a on xbox) you should get the following screen:

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13724037_10207438619263827_5169711807212364513_o.j pg?dl=1

From there you would select continue game options, which allows you to change standard options and modded options, restore to default settings, or select a ruleset as base settings.

If your not seeing that screen when selecting one of your worlds you may need to reinstall your game, as it would seem something is messed up for the game itself.

(I am running on ps4)

griffapotomous
07-20-2016, 09:53 PM
I have 3 different worlds, one of them is creative, when I press X on all of them, I just get Start Game

This is the same for me also, but typically all of my worlds are multiplayer, with me as host... I just assumed I couldn't change it, because it was multiplayer? can anyone confirm? or should I reinstall?

Sothasil
07-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Try re-downloading it again it might help

caleb68
07-20-2016, 10:44 PM
This is the same for me also, but typically all of my worlds are multiplayer, with me as host... I just assumed I couldn't change it, because it was multiplayer? can anyone confirm? or should I reinstall?

Confirmed, does not give the Continue Game Options for Multiplayer games. I have only been playing single player/split screen (too many issues with mp games right now) so didnt even think about it, but went in, created a mp game, exited it, then went in to continue it, sure enough, no continue game options for mutliplayer games.

griffapotomous
07-20-2016, 10:48 PM
Confirmed, does not give the Continue Game Options for Multiplayer games. I have only been playing single player/split screen (too many issues with mp games right now) so didnt even think about it, but went in, created a mp game, exited it, then went in to continue it, sure enough, no continue game options for mutliplayer games.

Thanks for the confirmation!! Truly appreciate it, as I didn't want to delete and reinstall on a whim ( was kind of concerned as to the status of those mp's when I came back if so)
Thanks again!

kylerfox10
07-21-2016, 01:10 AM
So, it only gives that option on a single player world?

caleb68
07-21-2016, 09:42 AM
So, it only gives that option on a single player world?

Yep seems so, unless your creating a new mp world, then you have the options, but just not when continuing, which, doesnt make sense, on the pc version if your running a server you can change just about all the options when you want.

kylerfox10
07-22-2016, 04:34 AM
The problem of a terrible port, lots of bugs and missing features, don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but the people who ported it were not on top of their game

MrCervelo
07-22-2016, 05:22 AM
The problem of a terrible port, lots of bugs and missing features, don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but the people who ported it were not on top of their game

As is all too often, everyone wants to ensure that they make money out of the deal. TFP sold the rights to Telltale to publish, and I assume that Telltale then paid for the port. So Telltale would have looked for a cheaper operator. Iron Galaxy want to do it as quick as possible and collect their paycheck.

kylerfox10
07-22-2016, 10:15 AM
And even though it is in alpha, they are advertising it as a full complete game, hopefully they fix all of the bugs and glitches of no zombies spawning and stuff