PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Patch 1.02 - General Bug Fixes

caleb68
07-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Okay got a patch for the playstation, but, what "General Bug Fixes" have been applied? It doesnt say anything else the. That in the update notes. Would like to know before restarting a world what bugs were addr ssed withthis patch.

Edit in: Well whatever they are, the dirt road poi's havent been fixed. Started a new map just to look around, still no dirt road poi's.

Edit in: Adding screenshot...

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13708356_10207430635304233_2198982254462350954_o.j pg?dl=1

Stephenw92
07-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Yeah I'm on xb1 n no 1.02... hell of a lot of bugs though

caleb68
07-19-2016, 05:42 PM
heat is still a major issue as well, hrm... Two key bugs that were noted right off the bat... So far the only change that I have noticed is that there seem to be alot more animals spawning in. Dont know if thats just the seed or something that was changed. It would be nice if they would tell us what was fixed with the patch so we know if we should restart our world or not, however the two key problems with my mapso far haven't been resolved by the patch (poi and heat) so I guess I will continue to play it as it sits.

herrpohl
07-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Strange that there's no announcement. :confused: Did it actually download the patch for you?

caleb68
07-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Downloaded and installed.

griffapotomous
07-19-2016, 05:58 PM
With the amount of people demanding a patch (some of them wielding pitchforks), it sure seems like there would have been an announcement as herr said. I wont be able to check it out until this evening, but it sure would be nice to know what to expect...

caleb68
07-19-2016, 06:02 PM
There, added a screen shot to verify that I have patch 1.02

griffapotomous
07-19-2016, 06:08 PM
wasn't 1.02 the one added a couple of weeks ago? now I'm confused.

JSweaty009
07-19-2016, 06:21 PM
wasn't 1.02 the one added a couple of weeks ago? now I'm confused.
No that was 1.01 patch, I think.

herrpohl
07-19-2016, 06:24 PM
1.02 is the old patch. (https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/4rfv4j/7_days_to_die_screenshot_update_102_is_now_live/) TFP called it 1.1 so that's what might be causing the confusion.

JSweaty009
07-19-2016, 06:31 PM
1.02 is the old patch. (https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/4rfv4j/7_days_to_die_screenshot_update_102_is_now_live/) TFP called it 1.1 so that's what might be causing the confusion.

ahhhhhhh makes sense

ZeroAffex
07-19-2016, 07:56 PM
heat is still a major issue as well.

I am not so sure the "heat issue" is actually an issue. It is frustrating as hell if you have no idea whats causing overheating, my base is in the desert, so its a constant threat when i'm home and it took a while to figure out the mechanics of it. If you go to CHARACTER via Touchpad Menu (PS4) and look to the left of the Menu layout, you'll see everything you have on. Move the pointer over your clothing and press TRIANGLE you'll see it's stats. There's a really important one to look at, INSULATION.

Now for desert climates, its VERY very important to wear armor/clothing with - (Negative) Insulation. Iron and Scrap Armor is ideal for desert climates as they provide - Neg Insulation. Wearing Plant Fiber Clothing, Leather or Animal Hides you will get hot very quickly because they have + Positive Insulation. Those are ideal for Winter climates because if your wearing -Neg Insulation your body tempt gets very low very quick, just as if you wore + Positive Insulation in the desert, you'll heat up very quick.

Once I figured out Insulation on clothing/armor, I have had 0 issues in either extreme climates. I like it actually because in the Desert, it's probably the easiest place to survive, so you get alittle gimped until you get those Iron/Macqiver Scrap Books, there's food everywhere in Yucca and wood where you can find it, not to mention how easy it is to find bird nest. Where as in the Mountain/Snow, you have a ton of wood, water (melted snow) and viscious bears, so starter gear like Plant Fiber/Leather is works better there where as the Desert, you pretty much have to go naked when out and about until you grab -Neg Insulation items at the expense of having just about everything there to get you going.

So yea, I have seen alot of people complain about overheating being broken but I think its all working as intended from my experiments on both cold and hot extremes. Like I said, don't wear + Insulation in the Desert or -Negative in the Snow. Do that and you won't have anymore issues. Hope that helps! See ya guys.

-ZA

griffapotomous
07-19-2016, 08:04 PM
I am not so sure the "heat issue" is actually an issue. It is frustrating as hell if you have no idea whats causing overheating, my base is in the desert, so its a constant threat when i'm home and it took a while to figure out the mechanics of it. If you go to CHARACTER via Touchpad Menu (PS4) and look to the left of the Menu layout, you'll see everything you have on. Move the pointer over your clothing and press TRIANGLE you'll see it's stats. There's a really important one to look at, INSULATION.

Now for desert climates, its VERY very important to wear armor/clothing with - (Negative) Insulation. Iron and Scrap Armor is ideal for desert climates as they provide - Neg Insulation. Wearing Plant Fiber Clothing, Leather or Animal Hides you will get hot very quickly because they have + Positive Insulation. Those are ideal for Winter climates because if your wearing -Neg Insulation your body tempt gets very low very quick, just as if you wore + Positive Insulation in the desert, you'll heat up very quick.

Once I figured out Insulation on clothing/armor, I have had 0 issues in either extreme climates. I like it actually because in the Desert, it's probably the easiest place to survive, so you get alittle gimped until you get those Iron/Macqiver Scrap Books, there's food everywhere in Yucca and wood where you can find it, not to mention how easy it is to find bird nest. Where as in the Mountain/Snow, you have a ton of wood, water (melted snow) and viscious bears, so starter gear like Plant Fiber/Leather is works better there where as the Desert, you pretty much have to go naked when out and about until you grab -Neg Insulation items at the expense of having just about everything there to get you going.

So yea, I have seen alot of people complain about overheating being broken but I think its all working as intended from my experiments on both cold and hot extremes. Like I said, don't wear + Insulation in the Desert or -Negative in the Snow. Do that and you won't have anymore issues. Hope that helps! See ya guys.

-ZA

True, and I got to the desert with iron armour on and never have any issues because of the negative insulation.

But...

When it starts you in the desert or burning forest biome, and you die of heat stroke before you can finish the making plant fiber clothes part of the tutorial thats an issue. The other day, as a more experienced player now, I started in the Burning forest, on day 2, with no clothes on (except the hat with negative insulation), I died at 03:00, with no sun up, standing indoors while being soaked in the rain with dehydration at 100% (100% being I couldn't drink anymore if I tried). To me that needs fixing -- I could understand if I was working, crafting, or doing anything that would cause heat to rise, but standing in shelter in the rain, naked, shouldn't do that. at least imo

caleb68
07-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Yes thre is a heat issue, when i can hit 105 in the middle of a snow biome in a tank top, plantfiber pants, boots and plant fiber gloves. There is most defentantly a heat issue. All clothing except the baseball cap, cowboy hat, sunglasses and bandana add anywhere from 5-20 degrees to your body. I have a really hard time staying cool anywhere except the forest biome. So yesh, there is a heat issue, and they acknowledged there is, and said they were working on it,

Far as the patch, its 2 weeks old? Well that really sucks then, as it downloaded it just recently along with the latest fallout 4 patch, vault construction is just around the corner for that game 8D

No clue why it waited until now to download the 1.02 patch, and here I thought I was getting something new :( have even been telling the game to check for updates each day and it just kept saying everything was up to date :/. [email protected] Network....

caleb68
07-19-2016, 08:26 PM

Shesh people on reddit are so ill tempered, I am begining to think anger and hate is the only thing that keeps it going. I honestly thought 1.1 was a typo on 1.01

caleb68
07-19-2016, 08:34 PM

-ZA

Are you playstation,xbox, or pc?

On the playstation when I look at both iron and scrap armor, the insulation values arent negitive, but positive, and this is why its all sitting in a chest rather then being used at all. Havent looked at it sense it installed this 1.02 patch however, going by what it was telling me prior to. I had found a couple pieces of iron, and made a piece of scrap armor to see.

Which platform are you on though, as the dirrerent platforms seem to be experiencing different issues.

JSweaty009
07-19-2016, 08:59 PM
It sucks I was really excited to get home to download the latest update

caleb68
07-19-2016, 09:20 PM
It sucks I was really excited to get home to download the latest update

I would still check and see, like I said, mine didn't grab it till a fallout 4 patch came through and it seemed to of decided to get it as well. I do have to note I havent had the greatest luck with downloading from the sony networks, if I am lucky it will use 1/2 the speed I have but normally its 1/4 or less, everything else seems to work good though ( mp, uploads, etc ) just downloads. All the other devices at my house are fast using whatever speed is available, xbox 360, ps3, computer, hell even netflix on the smart tv.

caleb68
07-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Iron and Scrap Armor is ideal for desert climates as they provide - Neg Insulation.

Scrap sure looks like its postive insulation not negative to me:

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13691064_10207432309706092_6444241090790759217_o.j pg?dl=1

Iron however oddly enough does cool you, not my real life experience with iron armor but, hey, its a game:

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13692788_10207432373627690_3569153497645883991_o.j pg?dl=1

MrCervelo
07-19-2016, 11:30 PM
In relation to Iron Armour, (and I'm aware that it would be a lot of work to implement), but it should give positive insulation in hot weather, and negative insulation in cold.

So if you're in the desert, it's a liability, and if you're in the cold, it's a liability.

caleb68
07-19-2016, 11:37 PM
In relation to Iron Armour, (and I'm aware that it would be a lot of work to implement), but it should give positive insulation in hot weather, and negative insulation in cold.

So if you're in the desert, it's a liability, and if you're in the cold, it's a liability.

Perhaps we are stuffing the iron armor with styrofoam and painting the armor with a highly reflective paint alloy? Lol