PDA

View Full Version : [7/20] A Message From The Team

Clare
07-20-2016, 08:50 AM
A message from the team working on the game...

"Hi everyone!
The team has been working hard addressing many of the issues you’ve helped identify and report. Thanks for all the feedback! We’re very close to releasing the next patch which will include stability improvements, performance optimizations, and a lot bug fixes which we believe will make for a better 7 Days experience for everyone.

In addition, this next patch will include the latest shader and lighting enhancements. We expect to release the patch in the next few weeks and we’ll provide detailed patch notes as soon as it goes LIVE.

Thanks again for your support!"

JSweaty009
07-20-2016, 10:55 AM

"Hi everyone!
The team has been working hard addressing many of the issues you’ve helped identify and report. Thanks for all the feedback! We’re very close to releasing the next patch which will include stability improvements, performance optimizations, and a lot bug fixes which we believe will make for a better 7 Days experience for everyone.

In addition, this next patch will include the latest shader and lighting enhancements. We expect to release the patch in the next few weeks and we’ll provide detailed patch notes as soon as it goes LIVE.

Thanks Clare for the heads up. I am excited to see what improvements come next. I know people will be pissed when they read in the next FEW WEEKS but it is what it is. Still having fun and haven't had any problems at all for the past week (knock on wood). We know you're doing all you can do and I'm pretty sure myself and others appreciate it. I will be waiting on hearing the latest news.

Unfallen Corpse
07-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Thank you for keeping us posted, even if it is your job! LOL!!

Fluffybunny5000
07-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Thank you so much it has been so frustrating this game is AMAZING and to have to continuously restart will drive you crazy but me and my crew can't stop playing anyways. The last one when it building environment screened me I was at 128 days... I've been not playing as much since. But tu ty tu for this update this is what we needed

7 Days to Cry
07-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the announcement Claire but as im one of the many people who cant play the game currently i only care about one fix.

Is the infinite building environment solved yet?

JON2
07-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Anything about more interesting random terrain generation? One city and nothing but dirt, dirt roads and sand makes for very boring gameplay in my opinion.

JSweaty009
07-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Anything about more interesting random terrain generation? One city and nothing but dirt, dirt roads and sand makes for very boring gameplay in my opinion.

There is a thread on the console side of the forums that people has been posting the cool seeds they found. Try tom, fart to name a few that has a lot of towns etc.

Breeece
07-20-2016, 02:33 PM

"Hi everyone!

I am so happy to be reading this! Thank you Clare and everyone on the team working to get these fixes and what not rolling out. BRAVO! I'm loving every minute of the gameplay and am currently on day 10 working with my steel tools and spiked club, just crafted a crossbow and loving that too! I have turned down my enemy spawn rate to very low to help reduce the fps drops, I do experience lag when there are more then 4 or 5 zombies around. But overall I am sticking it out and will NOT be returning my copy anytime, EVER.

*This is my first post by the way.*

Sothasil
07-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Any news about this patch fixing the random gen POI's? And thank you for the update!

Taylornater
07-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Great news, anything that add to and fixes an already enjoyable game, for me anyway, gets a thumbs up :encouragement:

In addition, this next patch will include the latest shader and lighting enhancements.

Liking the sound of that, too. :tennis:

herrpohl
07-20-2016, 04:29 PM
Very close, yet so far. :p

Ouch Quit It
07-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Deleted ...wrong section

Liduso
07-20-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm honestly really glad to see that console updates are coming to improve the game, it's a genuinely phenomenal experience that I've fallen in love with, bugs aside.

Hoping to see this game come to be something amazing c:

hiloboys
07-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Glad to hear about the patch. I thought we were abandoned.... like a parrot that only can say one word.

Tw2Brick
07-20-2016, 08:44 PM
Thank you Clare for keeping us informed, looking forward to the patch like an anxiously anticipated supply drop.

dmo
07-20-2016, 08:55 PM
awesome news guys ,thanks for posting patch news soon,hate the negative feedback some people have ,i personally havent put this much time in a game in a long time ,the bugs are frustrating but they are in every game to an extent. the patch one week after release shows some of us you are trying hard to get more kinks worked out and some of us are going to stick it out with you.New gen maps rock hope to see addtions to this.not sure also if i missed it but is there a suggestions thread or section,thanks guys great game so far !!

Sothasil
07-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Wow don't play it then, when you buy a game from go your going to have bugs don't like it don't play it!

SatanicToast
07-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Thank you for the info update. I've been searching everywhere to make sure that the console is going to receive the same level of support as the PC, even if slightly delayed.

And if you put that much time on a game you really don't like, Pete, then you contradict yourself like a true dumbass.

Mrhooah
07-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Ty for letting us know the progress, ive had a few issues myself while playing but nothing game breaking that is until I finially got to make my first scooter after 2 days of actual time searching for a engine while looting for wrenches just to make it to the large city in the top left of the map while on my scooter, for it to heavy lag then crash the game, on reload my scooter was gone and I seriously thought about never playing again lol, but after a beer and a few cigs I decided to keep going, I just won't be driving my scooter to any heavy populated areas I'll park outside of them and walk until the next patch lol.

BluDPlays
07-21-2016, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the announcement Claire but as im one of the many people who cant play the game currently i only care about one fix.

Is the infinite building environment solved yet?

yah they are waiting on xbox/psn slow approval process.

Zirvlok
07-21-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm curious as to what made you all think it was appropriate to release the game in this state. I've had one game get corrupted and deleted, and another have the splitscreen character reset. And there are of course many other bugs and far too frequent crashes that happen.

The game is fun and I want it to be fixed and successful, which is why I'm even bothering to post here. However, I really want to know how you, the devs, thought this was is an acceptable state to release, and how the hell it got greenlit by Sony & Microsoft. Can you answer me that?

Roland
07-21-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm curious as to what made you all think it was appropriate to release the game in this state. I've had one game get corrupted and deleted, and another have the splitscreen character reset. And there are of course many other bugs and far too frequent crashes that happen.

The game is fun and I want it to be fixed and successful, which is why I'm even bothering to post here. However, I really want to know how you, the devs, thought this was is an acceptable state to release, and how the hell it got greenlit by Sony & Microsoft. Can you answer me that?

Easy. The problems are not universal. Your experience is anecdotal. In the limited internal testing runs these things probably didn't manifest. Many times until something is stress tested by thousands you just don't see them manifest. It is easy to imagine that the bugs that are ruining the fun of so many players never showed up during testing since there are also so many players who are running the game just fine.

irjvik
07-21-2016, 06:09 AM
Easy. The problems are not universal. Your experience is anecdotal.

Exactly.
So please be very precise and verbose describing a bug.

I have a personal bug example to show how Roland is right.

I'm currently playing and enjoying 7DTD in French language on my PS4 set to French language (as I'm French).
My skills progress bars are stuck at 100% (visual display bug only) and from time to time I have the message "You have gained a level in skill xxx...". This is the only moment I know my toon gained something in a skill area.
On a youtube video, I saw an american player having fully working skills progress bars, so I decided to check on my game.
I logged off my game into my underground mining shaft.
I switched my PS4 language in US language, and restarted the game.
To my surprise, my toon was teleported to the surface, I looked at my progression bars, they were fully working in US language.
I left the game, switched back my PS4 to French language, restarted the game ... and had an unpleasant surprise.
My progress bars were not working anymore as expected.
The zone where my toon was standing was completly reset.
- My mining base was gone as if never existed. I lost everything was inside.
- Cars destroyed by zombie cops were present again.
- The zone previously suffered heavy damage from several fights against 7days hordes, all damage was gone.
In short, the zone was reset.

If I fill a bug report just saying "I had a zone reset, this is unacceptable", developers will *never* find the bug, as it implies loading the game into a different language.

So yes, Roland is right, problems are not universal.
But you're right to in saying the game is not into an acceptable state.
The bad part of the story is we are on console, not PC, so we players have no way of avoiding a bug. There is no config or .INI file to edit, no unofficial mod to patch errors. This is why developers must be sure their product is 100% rock solid before releasing it to consoles.

And to my opinion, they made a commercial mistake, not a technical one.
Should they had said "the game is a paid anticipated access, with beta features" everything would have been fine for console users.
They would have been warned some bugs were remaining, and would have played the game "in current state".
By selling 7DTD as an official finished and 100% polished product, players feels they were fooled into buying a beta release without being warned.
If you take a look on physical box cover, there is no mention of beta, bugs or anything else.
In my opinion, THIS is the mistake, the source of all anger in console version.

Since gaming consoles exists, consoles games are 100% rock solid, and any feature can cause any bug or crash have been fixed or disabled. That's why they are more expensive than their PC counterparts,
So releasing a non 100% bug free game on consoles is a marketing error, and 7DTD is now earrnig a very bad reputation among consoles users.
I have two friends interested in buying it ... until I began to tell them about the bugs...

Edit
------------------
Don't get me wrong. I like playing this game, the immersive part is fantastic, I will play it no matter the bugs, I try to be constructive so others players feels less uneasy about this game.
------------------

Same things happens in car industry too : would you like to buy a car sold as "100% rock solid" with unfinished features and bugs remaining ?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/30/tesla-autopilot-death-self-driving-car-elon-musk

JustSomeGuy
07-21-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that they're really working on fixing the problems on the console versions. I'm looking forward to the patch and hopefully it'll fix the problem my friend having, which is being kicked out all the time. Other than that, the shader and lighting enhancements sounds real nice.

JerryKuijper
07-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi guys,

Is there already being discussed about adding aimassist in the game, or is that already a thing.
I will be very happy if that would be added and I think that i'm not the only one.
I hope I don't sound rude or anything, just wondering.

SPCakesisadouche2016
07-21-2016, 06:03 PM

"Hi everyone!

Thanks Clare, it is always nice to know when the patch/update will be released ahead of time.

DrDaan
07-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Yay! Thanks for the update Claire! you guys are awesome! even though us gamers arent sure of the full story of the console release, PC players that may be feeling "abandoned" or console players thinking they got a brand new AAA polished perfect game for 30 bucks. we still love you guys! keep up the good work!! we love this game! we are just glad you have made this game! hopefully that A15 comes to consoles too! heres to dreaming! thanks TFP!

DomiRobbo
07-21-2016, 10:03 PM

"Hi everyone!

is it just me, or does it feel like the game is "crap" when you play splitscreen?
also just a heads up, me and all my friends, that have the game have realized that the FOV and render distance is VERY low.
render distance is fine as long as the FOV is higher. please address these problems when you can.

-Dom.

Wamplet
07-22-2016, 12:06 AM
I haven't played the game in a few months since 14.6 or .5 and haven't had a chance to follow forums regularly to get a feel for what is coming out.

Is the patch a 14.x patch or 15?

MrCervelo
07-22-2016, 03:35 AM
Yay! Thanks for the update Claire! you guys are awesome! even though us gamers arent sure of the full story of the console release, PC players that may be feeling "abandoned" or console players thinking they got a brand new AAA polished perfect game for 30 bucks. we still love you guys! keep up the good work!! we love this game! we are just glad you have made this game! hopefully that A15 comes to consoles too! heres to dreaming! thanks TFP!

30 bucks. Damn Australia Tax, I paid $60 AUD for it.

Thanks for the update Clare.

Reaper86
07-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Is the alpha 15 coming to xbox one. If not I think the gamers will lose intrest it will be the same thing every time you play.

st3n
07-22-2016, 09:13 AM

"Hi everyone!

Release date?

Is the alpha 15 coming to xbox one. If not I think the gamers will lose intrest it will be the same thing every time you play.

agree with the post, I am still waiting for official statement about future xbox one updates. i count with them, but when it will be not updated as pc version is just waste of my money...

herrpohl
07-22-2016, 02:46 PM
I haven't played the game in a few months since 14.6 or .5 and haven't had a chance to follow forums regularly to get a feel for what is coming out.

Is the patch a 14.x patch or 15?
This is the patch for the console version and it includes bugfixes and lighting/fog improvements which will be in A15 on the PC version plus console specific bugfixes.

Splash
07-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Hello, I'm new here and i just just bought the game on ps4. i really enjoyed it and i can't wait to see next updates that we will get. i have a question, just by curiosity: will the grafics on console be upgraded in any updates?
thanks for answering my question and as i said, i can't wait to see the next updates we will be getting. this game remind me when minecraft were release on consol.:peaceful:

MrCervelo
07-22-2016, 09:45 PM
In relation to Alpha 15, MM (I think that it was him) released a video about Alpha 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SdkRj4bPx8

At about 28:20 he refers to a question about Alpha 15 coming to console, his words are "I'm going to stick my neck out, and say... Most likely". So he wants to see it happen, but I'm aware that a lot of this is out of his control.

burton31cat
07-23-2016, 12:35 AM

"Hi everyone!

Update patch notes? I'm still waiting on patch notes for 1.2 or did I miss that? I see the post for patch notes 1.1.

Legsjovt
07-23-2016, 01:20 PM
deleten

ZupahDZN1337
07-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Awesome news Clare!

I hope you guys release DLC for this game, I would LOVE to see new locations & maybe even some solid quests.

Sothasil
07-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Hey Clare, PLEASE answer this for all of us me and all the other console player I'm sure are wondering if they are going to be expanding the navezgane and random gen maps, like making then twice the size or just bigger all together. Thanks!!!

PS. doing a great job by the way!

Laim
07-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Hey Clare, PLEASE answer this for all of us me and all the other console player I'm sure are wondering if they are going to be expanding the navezgane and random gen maps, like making then twice the size or just bigger all together. Thanks!!!

PS. doing a great job by the way!

I don't know how big random gen is on console, but it's infinite on PC, can't really make infinite bigger. Navezgane is the smaller 'preset' map, that they used to expand on but I'm not sure if they still do. They do add new buildings and stuff to it still though.

Sothasil
07-24-2016, 05:14 PM
It's not infinite on consoles it's like 8 square kilometers I mean don't get me wrong it's a big map but navezgane is like 3-4 square kilometers tiny tiny map lol. But once I move in real life my ass is getting a pc JUST the most absolute most fun game out there!

WizzyWizzard
07-24-2016, 05:20 PM
It better have a fix to people not being able to load saved games..... otherwise its a complete waste of an update...... cause lets be serious, its ridiculous that this bug wasnt fixed before the game was even released.

Please let us know if this will be address im this update / patch!!

JustinD92
07-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Excited to see the changes.

clmorning
07-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Hi Claire. Any word on possible release date for the new patch?

Roland
07-25-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't know how big random gen is on console, but it's infinite on PC, can't really make infinite bigger. Navezgane is the smaller 'preset' map, that they used to expand on but I'm not sure if they still do. They do add new buildings and stuff to it still though.

Random gen is not infinite on PC unless you mod it to be so. Default settings for PC is a circle with a radius of 10km surrounded by impassable radioactive land. Big but nowhere close to infinite.

SylenThunder
07-26-2016, 01:06 AM
Random gen is not infinite on PC unless you mod it to be so. Default settings for PC is a circle with a radius of 10km surrounded by impassable radioactive land. Big but nowhere close to infinite.
Even if you set it to infinite, anything over 25k tends to be pretty buggy.
Most servers I've troubleshooted with mysteriously crumbling buildings, a lack of zeds, and errors spamming about blocks falling off the world, were all set to infinite.

Default on PC is 10k, and I can easily see where the console would be 8k due to limitations of consoles.

wanchx
07-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Thank you clare for the information but will you guys bump up the player limit to as much people as pc also i would like open servers instead of quick joining all the time. One reason why is because in quick join servers most people will go offline or stop playing in a hour or so and will leave the game you were playing losing all your progress so i think you should put the name of each server well on the open server list so the player can go on continue game but with the name of the multiplayer server and join the game can you also remove when host leave we all leave. quick joining can stay but it should say the multiplayer server name before i join in or you can choose to save it or add it to continue game/multiplayer the open multiplayer list can say what difficulty at the side and how many player are in game.

ps.im sorry if i wrote the in wrong forum

Sothasil
07-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Consoles can do 10k very easy, its up to the devs to do it and I believe in time they will :-)

Eyeballpaul
07-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Wow don't play it then, when you buy a game from go your going to have bugs don't like it don't play it!

Just cause we moan about it, doesn't mean that we don't like the game. It's more of a reason to moan if you the like the game than if you didn't, you simply wouldn't be bothered if it was broke or not then. I love this game and the fact that I have to keep restarting my save over and over again because of a bug is frustrating. This kinda bug should be the main priority over anything else because it stops you been able to play the game.

Sothasil
07-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Oh I know IV restarted about 7 time on my own just because I didnt like the map I was on lol sorry your having all this trouble with it but from what I'm gathering they are working on it.

_Sumo_
07-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Without seeing any patch notes, hopefully the #1 priority is the corrupted saves (what's the point of new content when the risk is so high for all your progress to just disappear?), #2 crashes to the title screen, #3 lag and fps drops, #4 Minibike issues (a lot of work to get these going for them to just disappear also).

Sure we'd all like to see shiny new content but I hope the primary focus is the playability FIRST on console.

Yes the case can be said that "it isn't happening to everybody" so the people who are gamebreaking bug-free just want new content and toys...but poll the people that are losing saves left and right, constantly crash and lag so bad the game is unplayable...I'm sure they would all agree to sacrifice "new" things to fix the "old" things.

I am on the lucky side so far, no corrupted saves (knock on wood), decent amount of crashes and fps drops though but the game is "playable" for me. My friend though, not so much. He's on his 3rd corrupted save and I keep telling him to hang on until the patch, hope I don't look like an idiot when it does come out.

P.S. - The only differences I can see between us is I'm Xbone Elite with the hard copy of the game (old school). He is regular Xbone with digital copy, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

DrizzyDannyDrexx
07-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Without seeing any patch notes, hopefully the #1 priority is the corrupted saves (what's the point of new content when the risk is so high for all your progress to just disappear?), #2 crashes to the title screen, #3 lag and fps drops, #4 Minibike issues (a lot of work to get these going for them to just disappear also).

Sure we'd all like to see shiny new content but I hope the primary focus is the playability FIRST on console.

Yes the case can be said that "it isn't happening to everybody" so the people who are gamebreaking bug-free just want new content and toys...but poll the people that are losing saves left and right, constantly crash and lag so bad the game is unplayable...I'm sure they would all agree to sacrifice "new" things to fix the "old" things.

I am on the lucky side so far, no corrupted saves (knock on wood), decent amount of crashes and fps drops though but the game is "playable" for me. My friend though, not so much. He's on his 3rd corrupted save and I keep telling him to hang on until the patch, hope I don't look like an idiot when it does come out.

P.S. - The only differences I can see between us is I'm Xbone Elite with the hard copy of the game (old school). He is regular Xbone with digital copy, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Very well said!

AirFalco1
07-26-2016, 09:10 PM
I know that 7 days just came to console. Is the alpha 15 going to make its way to console near the same time frame as pc or will it follow behind several versions?

DestroyWayne
07-27-2016, 04:56 AM
I know that 7 days just came to console. Is the alpha 15 going to make its way to console near the same time frame as pc or will it follow behind several versions?

I can't remember where it was stated but they said some of the alpha 15 content might make it to consoles before it hits pc and that there would be an announcement soon (from Telltale?) about future patches and dlc that should make console players happy. If I remember where, I'll post the source.

Teun_de_Dreun
07-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Any information about playing online? Would be nice if we don't lose connection to host every 10 min.

DragonSprite
07-27-2016, 08:31 AM
I myself an very excited for this new patch. I really hope that the game can blossom into something that a lot of people can enjoy. My only problem with the game has been some fps drops on ps4 and that's it. Im super stoked about the new graphics too. Even though the game needs more than upgraded graphics and shaders, I can say that when compared to the PC release, the game looks a bit crumy

RipShaDe41
07-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah is there any news about the next patch other than "it will come out in the next few weeks".

I'm on day 61 and may ga n e crashes way more frequently and the framerate is driving me nuts. I love the game and I know u guys can do much because its out of your control since another team is working on the console port.

bonycraft
07-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Hi all, i'm really enjoying the game so far and i'm looking forward to checking out the updates.
Is there any chance for a future feature where we could actually assign names for user locations on the map as it can get a bit confusing with the limited icons that are available?

Nef
07-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Am I hearing this right? Xbox is getting alpha 15's better lighting and fog?! And before PC? What kind of magical world is this?

killedman2
07-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Am I hearing this right? Xbox is getting alpha 15's better lighting and fog?! And before PC? What kind of magical world is this?

I think its all updates at the same time

clmorning
07-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Has anybody heard anything about the next update release date. I've quit playing until they fix this. It's too frustrating to play for hours on end and no zombie horde. Please Claire can you pay an update? Thanks...

Legenddolby1986
07-27-2016, 11:02 PM
In case you don't know who I am I'm legenddolby1986 and I am currently the top streamer for you game since it came out with over 700 viewers every day showing people how broke the game is that isn't going to be fixed with a simple patch I.e I loaded up 7 days on my p.c bearing in mind I'm running an nvidia gtx 1080 a top end gaming pc and I'm still getting the game rendering as I'm running this is due to the game not coping with the graphics being generated resulting in stuttering, pausing and the game slowing down the amount of time I have died by the game stuttering me off cliffs is unreal please do some serious redesign of your game to make it actually work properly the amount of time I have to look at a paused screen because of this is making hate this game and the poor net code can be fixed with a patch but this problem is built at the core of your game and I think everyone agrees with me on this I hope you reply because you don't even have a contact email just a tip and the witches 3 has done this perfectly render the graphics completely in the immediate vicinity that only render around you when you move.

_Sumo_
07-27-2016, 11:49 PM
In case you don't know who I am I'm legenddolby1986 and I am currently the top streamer for you game since it came out with over 700 viewers every day showing people how broke the game is that isn't going to be fixed with a simple patch I.e I loaded up 7 days on my p.c bearing in mind I'm running an nvidia gtx 1080 a top end gaming pc and I'm still getting the game rendering as I'm running this is due to the game not coping with the graphics being generated resulting in stuttering, pausing and the game slowing down the amount of time I have died by the game stuttering me off cliffs is unreal please do some serious redesign of your game to make it actually work properly the amount of time I have to look at a paused screen because of this is making hate this game and the poor net code can be fixed with a patch but this problem is built at the core of your game and I think everyone agrees with me on this I hope you reply because you don't even have a contact email just a tip and the witches 3 has done this perfectly render the graphics completely in the immediate vicinity that only render around you when you move.

I couldn't help myself. Holy run-on sentence Batman! LOL. Just messing with ya, I know it's the internet but that was a tough read to catch all of your points.

skippy0330
07-28-2016, 01:46 AM

That's a pretty bold claim considering i hold up to 1200 people when I stream 7 days to die. But ok, I'm just curious, why you posted this in the console thread when you are clearly complaining about your pc's lack of ability to stream 7 days and play it at the same time (you may want to look at upgrading your processor, or using another pc to broadcast and another to play like the real boys) And please, don't compare this game to witcher 3, it's not even in the same category of game. you are comparing trains to planes.

Ares GodOWar
07-28-2016, 02:48 AM
Skippy I love watching your streams but you have to stop defending the game , I love the game as much as anyone I know it is in Alpha but it is unplayable (Well playable at times but a waste of time when you have to keep starting over) yeah there are workarounds but I shouldn't have to back up my game every hour just so I don't lose 100s of hours of time , If they tested for a day like they should have they would have seen the bugs and fixed them before release but they didn't and as soon as the bugs started rolling in they should have came out with a fix within the first week of just the gamebreakers..

I played for 2 weeks then stopped about a week ago because of the problems and I can't wait until the fix this is the game I been waiting for for years (Minus the bugs ) , I just fear they may have lost to many players and got a bad rep and the game won't come back from it but I hope it gets fixed and people try it out because they will not put it down once they do , It is not like them AAA games that you play for a week then bored..

skippy0330
07-28-2016, 03:50 AM
Skippy I love watching your streams but you have to stop defending the game , I love the game as much as anyone I know it is in Alpha but it is unplayable (Well playable at times but a waste of time when you have to keep starting over) yeah there are workarounds but I shouldn't have to back up my game every hour just so I don't lose 100s of hours of time , If they tested for a day like they should have they would have seen the bugs and fixed them before release but they didn't and as soon as the bugs started rolling in they should have came out with a fix within the first week of just the gamebreakers..

I played for 2 weeks then stopped about a week ago because of the problems and I can't wait until the fix this is the game I been waiting for for years (Minus the bugs ) , I just fear they may have lost to many players and got a bad rep and the game won't come back from it but I hope it gets fixed and people try it out because they will not put it down once they do , It is not like them AAA games that you play for a week then bored..

Honestly, everyone's definition of unplayable is completly different. If your arguement was the case, minecraft would have been unplayable for me as well, as i had to constantly back that up too. It's not just the game man, it's also the console. They corrupt game saves like mad. Fallout 4 had to be the worst, i had to back up everytime i made changes to a settlement (If you've seen my settlement builds you'll know why). I'll continue defending the game as I often do, but IMO the game doesn't even need defending, the good players know non of these bugs are truly game breaking. AAA titles were game breaking, but still very much loved.

References:

https://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/07/06/fallout-4-problems-fixes/
https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE (well over 3k game breaking reported bugs)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/3u9qry/10_problems_that_make_battlefield_4_almost/

So no, it's not just the game, its the console itself, it just performs like crap :) I'm glad you decided to take a break from the game to wait for a patch, as many people do and continue too with the above examples. I could go on with listing games with ♥♥♥♥loads of game breaking release bugs, 7dtd has very few compared to those fallacies. (let's also not forget gta5, online unplayable for a couple months, and than when it was, riddled with economy breaking bugs)

It's not defending when it's fact ;) What I'm really trying to point out is when it gets fixed, people forget about it, and continue playing it. three weeks for a bug fix isn't unheard of, and is actually a very quick response (ahem 4j, tu 31 game breaking release, took 4 weeks to port already known bug fixes, this was my deciding factor to walk away from it, considering how big the franchise is, they had no excuse)

Ares GodOWar
07-28-2016, 04:27 AM
I don't play them games I wouldn't know just because they have bugs doesn't mean it is ok for this one , I don't think it's the console I think it is just ported bad some games need a lot more power than 7D2D to run and run fine , And if it truly the console they shouldn't have released it on it knowing it couldn't handle it , I hope it isn't the console because that means it will never be fixed right ?

It's not acceptable to get 2 FPS when you're doing things , riding a minibike getting DCed and losing it , world not rendering in while you're walking somewhere , falling through the world at times , having to back up your game every hour and even then sometimes it still deletes , crashing every 10-30 mins. , not being able to play with more than two people because it will crash , overheating in the snow , Doors coming back after you break them 100 times..

Like I said I love the game everything I been looking for just waiting for some of the bugs to get fixed and hopefully it is done before to many people are turned off..

RazzLn
07-28-2016, 05:22 AM
I hope console gets A15 as well. I've been keeping track of the DEV Blog and it looks great. Nice work Pimps!

Dev Blog Link: http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/

Ares GodOWar
07-28-2016, 05:30 AM
I hope console gets A15 as well. I've been keeping track of the DEV Blog and it looks great. Nice work Pimps!

Dev Blog Link: http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/

The thing is though people are saying the PS4 can't handle the game now , How is it going to handle the distant terrain ?

skippy0330
07-28-2016, 06:19 AM
I don't play them games I wouldn't know just because they have bugs doesn't mean it is ok for this one , I don't think it's the console I think it is just ported bad some games need a lot more power than 7D2D to run and run fine , And if it truly the console they shouldn't have released it on it knowing it couldn't handle it , I hope it isn't the console because that means it will never be fixed right ?

It's not acceptable to get 2 FPS when you're doing things , riding a minibike getting DCed and losing it , world not rendering in while you're walking somewhere , falling through the world at times , having to back up your game every hour and even then sometimes it still deletes , crashing every 10-30 mins. , not being able to play with more than two people because it will crash , overheating in the snow , Doors coming back after you break them 100 times..

Like I said I love the game everything I been looking for just waiting for some of the bugs to get fixed and hopefully it is done before to many people are turned off..

All things i encountered on minecraft ps4 as well too man, chunks missing. frame drops. it happens man. it's how it is. They will make the game run smoother with more work done on making the code more efficient, i even hear rumors of occulusion being introduced soon on pc. which will be a game changer too.

Ares GodOWar
07-28-2016, 06:33 AM
All things i encountered on minecraft ps4 as well too man, chunks missing. frame drops. it happens man. it's how it is. They will make the game run smoother with more work done on making the code more efficient, i even hear rumors of occulusion being introduced soon on pc. which will be a game changer too.

I really hope so I can't wait for the patch and start building some epic bases it is going to be a awesome game ,I hope everyone gives it a try when it is running good :)

Legenddolby1986
07-28-2016, 07:03 AM
1. I don't stream on the PC
2. My PC can handle the latest games on ultra settings
3. My twitch it on console
And 4. I wasn't comparing this game to the witcher 3 I was comparing the net code

Legenddolby1986
07-28-2016, 07:07 AM
Also I'm running a sky lake processor 6700k quad core i7 at 4.0ghz 😎

Legenddolby1986
07-28-2016, 07:18 AM
what I'm saying is it don't matter about consoles whether the console is powerful enough I'm saying I truly think this game is great and has lots of potential but this game was poorly written from the start if they update it then the update would be bigger than the game I'm a programmer and the net code is terrible as soon as people join your game it crashes and also when the game saves it stutters considering the graphics aren't exactly great it shouldn't stutter at all think of the game trying to load too much at one time it needs to be overhauled maybe even on a new engine the amount of times my game slows down when it's generating is terrible this should of been corrected before the release on console they should of release this game in Xbox preview program as for the witcher it's an incredibly high end game with immaculate detail and it never stutters

RazzLn
07-28-2016, 07:54 AM
The thing is though people are saying the PS4 can't handle the game now , How is it going to handle the distant terrain ?

Their programmers need to work on the efficiency inside the build of the game to I suggest(guessing) there would be a lot of legacy code sitting around from early builds of the game that could possibly be improved upon to help with performance.

Mortelentus
07-28-2016, 09:47 AM
what I'm saying is it don't matter about consoles whether the console is powerful enough I'm saying I truly think this game is great and has lots of potential but this game was poorly written from the start if they update it then the update would be bigger than the game I'm a programmer and the net code is terrible as soon as people join your game it crashes and also when the game saves it stutters considering the graphics aren't exactly great it shouldn't stutter at all think of the game trying to load too much at one time it needs to be overhauled maybe even on a new engine the amount of times my game slows down when it's generating is terrible this should of been corrected before the release on console they should of release this game in Xbox preview program as for the witcher it's an incredibly high end game with immaculate detail and it never stutters

Not that I'm saying it doesn't need optimization, because it does, specially in multiplayer (I tend to agree when you mention the net code) and RWG (both PC and I'm assuming on consoles too)... But please do not compare this game with Witcher (where you can't even move over some terrain). Don't even mention them on the same sentence :) If you're a programmer you surely know the difference between voxel based games and "regular" games and are aware of the compromises you need to accept (as a developer) between graphical quality and terrain interaction freedom.

Sorry to post on console forum, since I'm a PC player (but I DO like consoles too ;) ), but I always feel I need to remind people of this "small" detail.

Gennev101st
07-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Hope they fix random gen, my world has respawned 2 times as other world, glad its back to normal but still, it can happen again, and my game has crashed like 10 times, most of the time i was on my bike, and when the game crashed, i started it again, spawn on my world and minibike gone forever

Splash
07-28-2016, 11:06 PM
I really think that 7 days to die need to get the alpha 15 and grafical updates. I say that, because this game has very poor grafics. it looks like a ps3 game and the worst part of that is the fact that the game cost 39.99$. see, see, 39.99$. and when you check the grafics and all the stuff that need to be fix. Men!! Thats too expensive for what it gaves to us.

And don`t come and say: the console is not powerfuul anough to get better grafics. I will anwer by showing you NO MANS SKY, a game with billion of planet randomlly gen and the grafics are awesome. so saying that the console is not powerfull anough to make better grafics is bull♥♥♥♥. that is one of the worst game on ps4 with horrible grafics. If the game had better grafics, i think that people would be less angry about the game. actually i am shure that people who are playing this game will stay on it up to may 2017 and after that they will give up the game. WHY? because no matter what the game have to offer, people wil get boring of playing a poor looking game while new awsome game whith huge grafics will be realesed.

now for the alpha 15, don t say that the console is not powerfull enough, because that would mean that the release an unfished game game on ps4 at the price of 39.99$ while the pc is always having big updates. i want to say: Don t bring a game on console if it is to say as an excuse, The game is an Alpha realese. Who release an alpha on console at 39.99$ with poor grafics, lot of big issue and always the same excuse: the console is not powerfull enough.

i bough the game with hope that the game will be better in the future. For person who say that the grafics don t matter on ps4, let me anwer by telling a sory: i have friends to who i recomand the game. The were very happy with all the feature of the game. they didn t even care about the bugs, because they knew that it was an alpha. But at the end they didn t bought the game, because they saw a gameplay on youtube an the grafics makes them change their mind.

The bad reputation of game is not only due to his bugs, but also for his grafics and if you don t trust me, just check on google the review of the game and if you say that the grafics don t matter on a game wich cost 39.99$. let me say that you are dumb.

Ares GodOWar
07-29-2016, 01:18 AM
I really think that 7 days to die need to get the alpha 15 and grafical updates. I say that, because this game has very poor grafics. it looks like a ps3 game and the worst part of that is the fact that the game cost 39.99$. see, see, 39.99$. and when you check the grafics and all the stuff that need to be fix. Men!! Thats too expensive for what it gaves to us.

And don`t come and say: the console is not powerfuul anough to get better grafics. I will anwer by showing you NO MANS SKY, a game with billion of planet randomlly gen and the grafics are awesome. so saying that the console is not powerfull anough to make better grafics is bull♥♥♥♥. that is one of the worst game on ps4 with horrible grafics. If the game had better grafics, i think that people would be less angry about the game. actually i am shure that people who are playing this game will stay on it up to may 2017 and after that they will give up the game. WHY? because no matter what the game have to offer, people wil get boring of playing a poor looking game while new awsome game whith huge grafics will be realesed.

now for the alpha 15, don t say that the console is not powerfull enough, because that would mean that the release an unfished game game on ps4 at the price of 39.99$ while the pc is always having big updates. i want to say: Don t bring a game on console if it is to say as an excuse, The game is an Alpha realese. Who release an alpha on console at 39.99$ with poor grafics, lot of big issue and always the same excuse: the console is not powerfull enough.

i bough the game with hope that the game will be better in the future. For person who say that the grafics don t matter on ps4, let me anwer by telling a sory: i have friends to who i recomand the game. The were very happy with all the feature of the game. they didn t even care about the bugs, because they knew that it was an alpha. But at the end they didn t bought the game, because they saw a gameplay on youtube an the grafics makes them change their mind.

The bad reputation of game is not only due to his bugs, but also for his grafics and if you don t trust me, just check on google the review of the game and if you say that the grafics don t matter on a game wich cost 39.99$. let me say that you are dumb.

tbh with you I don't mind the graphics if the game was done I always like gameplay over graphics (And they really aren't bad for a game you can build or destroy anything you want) , look at all these AAA shiny games like COD that is fun for a couple weeks then move onto another great graphics ♥♥♥♥ty game... And I don't think No man's sky has that good of graphics either from what I have seen it is like a static picture nothing moves (Trees , plants , ex.) other than the aliens , That stupid spaceship trail you see in space looks horrible looks like something from Tron..

IDK I just wish the game worked I honestly think I watched more of this game on Twitch than any shinny AAA game I ever even played lol

JON2
07-29-2016, 02:16 AM
DS is still being continued. Vita isn't.

Gameplay>>graphics.

WBlueOceanW
07-29-2016, 05:53 AM
You guys have left us in the dark for a while now im sick of hearing we are working on it much like everyone else give us a date to expect the update on becase I'm tired of losing worlds to the "Building Environment" Screen I expect my previous worlds I have hundreds of in game days on to be fixed as well I love the game to death but it really ruins and honestly gets annoying when I keep getting so far and my save gets glitched becase the game decided to crash. I've looked through the countless reports on this issue its sad you haven't fixed it with a patch yet I would think such a major issue be fixed in the first week of it being reported It's literally pointless to play now because of there being such a risk of just losing everything.

Legenddolby1986
07-29-2016, 07:06 AM
I don't care about graphics like one of you said I can accept one of the crape at looking games of all time if the gameplay was stable and amazing I too have had minibuses disappear and stuttering while being chased but to have a games code so poor it freezes while saving is bad 😞 I really want this game to be fixed as I do love it and I have spent a lot of time on it just to get shafted they don't even have a contact email which actually says a lot

Scotty
07-29-2016, 07:27 AM
I have a bug in my buddy's game where I am unable to use the campfire and cement mixer, I put something in there to make it and it kicks me out of the game every time, hopefully your update will fix this so I can use these tools.

Ares GodOWar
07-29-2016, 08:02 AM
OK here is what I will say and I think most people think the same , Giving it a 1-10 star rating..

Graphics 6 stars - OK graphics and are being improved (Not worried too much about this if the gameplay is good)

Gameplay 10 stars - Awesome gameplay everything I have been looking for and endless hours of fun (Until your world crashes)

Execution 1 star - Game was released without a alpha warning and way too many game breaking bugs (hopefully a patch is released before to many people are turned off)

Skittz
07-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Was wondering if anybody else having problems with multiplayer.
While being the host my game runs perfectly with no issues expect for the brief pause every few minutes, but while playing with a friend and I'm not the host I have several issues to where the terrain will disappear or if I try to place water somewhere the game crashes...I would just like to find out if anyone else is having this issue and if the next patch will solve this?

BIGDisreallyBIG
07-29-2016, 02:41 PM
My brother and I... and occasionally a few friends... have been loving the game, despite its few flaws. We look forward to any and all updates and content! Keep up the good work!

Habubox
07-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Really hoping the update comes out this week...if not we all might as well call this game donezo on consoles.

skippy0330
07-29-2016, 05:26 PM
1. I don't stream on the PC
2. My PC can handle the latest games on ultra settings
3. My twitch it on console
And 4. I wasn't comparing this game to the witcher 3 I was comparing the net code

1. Than why did you even bother mentioning your pc hardware
2. Why are you bringing up your pc a second time
3. Why the hell are you broadcasting off your console when you have such a "good" pc?
4. Yeah you were blatantly comparing it to the witcher lol.

I've seen your stream, and i'm not going to make accusations here, but us in the twitch community know exactly the services you pay for ;)

killedman2
07-29-2016, 08:39 PM
Really hoping the update comes out this week...if not we all might as well call this game donezo on consoles.

I hope so too man

D3M0 UN1T
07-29-2016, 08:47 PM
You guys have left us in the dark for a while now im sick of hearing we are working on it much like everyone else give us a date to expect the update on becase I'm tired of losing worlds to the "Building Environment" Screen I expect my previous worlds I have hundreds of in game days on to be fixed as well I love the game to death but it really ruins and honestly gets annoying when I keep getting so far and my save gets glitched becase the game decided to crash. I've looked through the countless reports on this issue its sad you haven't fixed it with a patch yet I would think such a major issue be fixed in the first week of it being reported It's literally pointless to play now because of there being such a risk of just losing everything.

This couldn't have been said better(apart from spell checking). You might be able to get away with a great idea and poor execution in early access on pc, but your audacity to sell an alpha product for $29.99 on consoles is a joke. Your game can't hold a frame rate for longer than a minute and your game world crashes more often than should be fathomed within todays markets. As self proclaimed "experienced" developers you should be flat out embarrassed of the product you have so poorly executed and delivered. Telltale and Iron Galaxy had to have laughed upon the inquiry of publishing and porting this IP to consoles. I only hope you can fix the buggy mess you created before you implement stated features such a traders, non-zombie NPC enemies, and faction creation. This game needs A LOT of work, good luck.

Splash
07-29-2016, 11:30 PM
tbh with you I don't mind the graphics if the game was done I always like gameplay over graphics (And they really aren't bad for a game you can build or destroy anything you want) , look at all these AAA shiny games like COD that is fun for a couple weeks then move onto another great graphics ♥♥♥♥ty game... And I don't think No man's sky has that good of graphics either from what I have seen it is like a static picture nothing moves (Trees , plants , ex.) other than the aliens , That stupid spaceship trail you see in space looks horrible looks like something from Tron..

IDK I just wish the game worked I honestly think I watched more of this game on Twitch than any shinny AAA game I ever even played lol

Man, you don't know wath your talking about, you are saying that you let an AAA game after a week? WHO DOES THAT?? WHO? GTA5 is play since it was realese on ps3 man, Even the COD BO1 is still playable. So what kind of AAA game is being left after a couple of Week? The are so good to play that some people finished the game and played it again.

And NO MANS SKY is one of the most expected games on PS4. what i wanted to say is that: saying that consoles aren t powerfull enough is bull♥♥♥♥ when you have a game such as NO MANS SKY with Billions of planet.We don t talk about hundred but we talk about billions of Planet diffent from each other.

And i know that Gameplay is better than Grafics but for a game in canada at 39.99$, the grafics are horrible for the price an that is true. if you don y trust me, just check other game at the same price and compare the grafics. Even without that, this price for an alpha realese on console is extremly expansive.

thats why i talk about grafics, if it was at 20$, than i will not care much about grafics, but in my country it is 39.99$, no joke. So for that price, i want see for what i paid.

faaeng
07-30-2016, 01:48 AM
This couldn't have been said better(apart from spell checking). You might be able to get away with a great idea and poor execution in early access on pc, but your audacity to sell an alpha product for $29.99 on consoles is a joke. Your game can't hold a frame rate for longer than a minute and your game world crashes more often than should be fathomed within todays markets. As self proclaimed "experienced" developers you should be flat out embarrassed of the product you have so poorly executed and delivered. Telltale and Iron Galaxy had to have laughed upon the inquiry of publishing and porting this IP to consoles. I only hope you can fix the buggy mess you created before you implement stated features such a traders, non-zombie NPC enemies, and faction creation. This game needs A LOT of work, good luck.

For the record, Telltale and Iron Galaxy are the ones responsible for this bug fest of a port not TheFunPimps. TFP created the game for PC while TT and IG are the ones that ported the Alpha to console and sold it as a full retail game. I also have the game on PC which was gifted to me recently, and I dont have any of these issues on pc. Only on console which unfortunately I use more often when gaming. I dont game much on pc if at all.

Then on top of that, their website redirects to this forum here so rather then take responsibilty they shift it all onto the shoulders of TFPs. As much as I love this gsme and am equally pissy and frustrated about its current state I respect TFP for doing what they can and relaying our issues to the people responsible that are trying to fix it. I have however lost all respect for Telltale and Iron Galaxy.

Ares GodOWar
07-30-2016, 03:45 AM
Man, you don't know wath your talking about, you are saying that you let an AAA game after a week? WHO DOES THAT?? WHO? GTA5 is play since it was realese on ps3 man, Even the COD BO1 is still playable. So what kind of AAA game is being left after a couple of Week? The are so good to play that some people finished the game and played it again.

Of course I know what I am talking about , For one I don't play GTA , for 2 games like COD , The Witcher , Sports games and so one are fun for a couple weeks then you either clear them or it feels like a grind same thing over and over spawn shoot die spawn shoot die (By the way that is my opinion I can have one of them right ?)

Ares GodOWar
07-30-2016, 11:46 AM

And NO MANS SKY is one of the most expected games on PS4. what i wanted to say is that: saying that consoles aren t powerfull enough is bull♥♥♥♥ when you have a game such as NO MANS SKY with Billions of planet.We don t talk about hundred but we talk about billions of Planet diffent from each other.

And i know that Gameplay is better than Grafics but for a game in canada at 39.99$, the grafics are horrible for the price an that is true. if you don y trust me, just check other game at the same price and compare the grafics. Even without that, this price for an alpha realese on console is extremly expansive.

thats why i talk about grafics, if it was at 20$, than i will not care much about grafics, but in my country it is 39.99$, no joke. So for that price, i want see for what i paid.

No man's sky They been working on that game for 6 years and you know what I just watched the leaked videos of if and the graphics don't look any better than 7D2Ds does it might look a little worse , How much is it going to cost $70 usd for a game with that bad of graphics lol ?

I been waiting for it for years but everything about it looks horrible and you can't even really play it with your friends it's just big that is why people are so high on it but I think I am going to be very disappointed

Habubox
07-30-2016, 09:53 PM
No man's sky They been working on that game for 6 years and you know what I just watched the leaked videos of if and the graphics don't look any better than 7D2Ds does it might look a little worse , How much is it going to cost $70 usd for a game with that bad of graphics lol ?

I been waiting for it for years but everything about it looks horrible and you can't even really play it with your friends it's just big that is why people are so high on it but I think I am going to be very disappointed

Why are you even talking about No Man's Sky on this forum? They're completely different games kid and seriously anyone could realize that from watching a single vid. As for who to blame on this whole port mess even if TTG and Iron Galaxy are handling the port, TFP should still inherit some blame for trusting the port to these companies... They're the ones who chose to hand it to them. Iron Galaxy is some no name studio that's only saving grace is they took over development on Killer Instinct...a fighting game. Which is all they have experience in, fighting games. So you got TTG who has pretty much crapped on every game they've touched and put out over the years and Iron Galaxy some indy studio who should have stuck to fighting games.

LilXxmodxXking
07-30-2016, 10:51 PM
7 days to die is an amazing game and yes it does have bugs and glitches at the moment but it's still brand new to Consoles they have to start small to get an understanding of what the consoles can work with before they just got out and make it 100% just like ark and all the other early access games updates will come as u can see they are working rn on one and there not just gunna abandon Xbox or ps4 . Besides all that 7 days to die is an amazing game got me hooked right away happy to see what they will bring into the game in latter updates 😌

RipShaDe41
07-31-2016, 04:31 AM
The biggest thing for me is that I wish the multiplayer would be like the pc version and that all the bugs get fixed.

I keep seeing footage of b pc gameplay and the base raiding looks so freaking fun. I feel like just having the threat of other ppl or hang then work with u would just make this game 50 times better imo.

Please fix this game and add dedicated servers

LilXxmodxXking
07-31-2016, 04:37 AM
The biggest thing for me is that I wish the multiplayer would be like the pc version and that all the bugs get fixed.

I keep seeing footage of b pc gameplay and the base raiding looks so freaking fun. I feel like just having the threat of other ppl or hang then work with u would just make this game 50 times better imo.

Please fix this game and add dedicated servers

I believe I already read something on it saying that eventually they will add dedicated servers and that they're slowly gunna catch xbox and ps4 up with pc

Ares GodOWar
07-31-2016, 07:16 AM
Why are you even talking about No Man's Sky on this forum? They're completely different games kid and seriously anyone could realize that from watching a single vid. As for who to blame on this whole port mess even if TTG and Iron Galaxy are handling the port, TFP should still inherit some blame for trusting the port to these companies... They're the ones who chose to hand it to them. Iron Galaxy is some no name studio that's only saving grace is they took over development on Killer Instinct...a fighting game. Which is all they have experience in, fighting games. So you got TTG who has pretty much crapped on every game they've touched and put out over the years and Iron Galaxy some indy studio who should have stuck to fighting games.

idk maybe because if you read above you would see someone mentioned NMS as being the all mighty game of the decade and because I can do that , That ok with you sir ?

Game is great it has bugs only been in alpha for 3 years can't wait until it is done :)

Street_Magic
07-31-2016, 09:55 AM
I thrust the devs for making this game great. As some guys said, there's nothing like this game on console and I truly think it has potential. I just hope they wont act like Overkill for Payday, release the game and never update it. They said patchs and DLC are coming, but nothing happened. Since its release date, the game version is still 1.00...

The mates in my friend list who purchased the game are stuck to it, that means a lot, I hope they will keep up the good work

Habubox
07-31-2016, 04:12 PM
idk maybe because if you read above you would see someone mentioned NMS as being the all mighty game of the decade and because I can do that , That ok with you sir ?

Game is great it has bugs only been in alpha for 3 years can't wait until it is done :)

And? I still have to ask what the game has to do with this? There's no comparison so just stop. "Only" been in Alpha for 3 years is hardly a good sign. Games like DayZ and H1Z1 have been on early access for years as well and there's no signs they will ever be finished enough to be called a complete game.

LilXxmodxXking
07-31-2016, 10:26 PM
And? I still have to ask what the game has to do with this? There's no comparison so just stop. "Only" been in Alpha for 3 years is hardly a good sign. Games like DayZ and H1Z1 have been on early access for years as well and there's no signs they will ever be finished enough to be called a complete game.

Actually dayz has made great improvement over the last year and it's perfectly normal for a game to be in Alpha for years so just have faith 7 days to die has only been out for a month give it time before u start assuming that it'll never be fixed

Ares GodOWar
08-01-2016, 01:58 AM

3 years is nothing it take 2-3 years for COD games with thousands of people working on them to come out and NMS has been worked on for 7 years

irjvik
08-01-2016, 05:51 AM
Hey all.

Please stop comparing 7DTD to other games, it is still 7DTD.
I'm both a former French developer and a PS4 player, I'm angry having being fooled into buying an undeclared alpha game on my PS4.
I had so many crashes (2+/hour) including loss of save data I stopped playing this game until the next patch.
As I told before on this thread, they made a mistake, and they are paying the full price in reputation (fame) for this.
TellTale is currently loosing the trust from its players, angry posts are just a call for help.

But moaning and crying will not help.

So be patient and wait for the next patch, hoping it will cure our problems.
There is an unwritten rule on console games : bugs are not allowed, as the player cannot avoid them.
So in the next patch, either our bugs will be removed, and we will all be happy players (trust in TellTale will increase), either huge problems will stay and we could consider TellTales as a low-quality company and remove all current and future games from this company from our buy-list in retaliation (trust will decrease).

My two cents.

skippy0330
08-01-2016, 11:13 AM

no mans sky is twice the cost of this game, no man's sky is NOT a vox game, you are comparing planes to trains. is 40 dollars expensive to you? if it is, i recommend researching your buys before you spend that whopping load of cash lol. and besides, have you SEEN no man's sky, the graphics (that's how you spell it) aren't even that great. So yeah, learn how games work on the console before flaming ;) the servers generate the worlds, not your unit, it just renders them, a vox game is hosted on your pitiful console, and even minecraft overloads the processor ;)

nescaf3
08-01-2016, 11:43 AM
So.....any update on the update?

Vaedur
08-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I thrust the devs for making this game great. As some guys said, there's nothing like this game on console and I truly think it has potential. I just hope they wont act like Overkill for Payday, release the game and never update it. They said patchs and DLC are coming, but nothing happened. Since its release date, the game version is still 1.00...

The mates in my friend list who purchased the game are stuck to it, that means a lot, I hope they will keep up the good work

Actually it's at 1.02 and has been updated twice.

Swerve_left
08-01-2016, 02:12 PM
So.....any update on the update?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ End of month :(

KiritoS0UL
08-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Is a15 stuff coming to console sooner or later?

Splash
08-01-2016, 03:22 PM
no mans sky is twice the cost of this game, no man's sky is NOT a vox game, you are comparing planes to trains. is 40 dollars expensive to you? if it is, i recommend researching your buys before you spend that whopping load of cash lol. and besides, have you SEEN no man's sky, the graphics (that's how you spell it) aren't even that great. So yeah, learn how games work on the console before flaming ;) the servers generate the worlds, not your unit, it just renders them, a vox game is hosted on your pitiful console, and even minecraft overloads the processor ;)

Yeah i have the right to be hangry about it, because i paid this price for an alpha realese. And the worst part of that is the fact that it haven t be declared. When a game is realese on console, you expecte that the game is finishe and when it is a beta or what else, it have to be declare.how could i knew it before bying the game and do reserche on the bugs.

and for info, i don t compare this game to NMSK. all i wanted to say is that saying that console aren t powerfull enough to improve more the game is bull♥♥♥♥.

Savage Hitmarks
08-01-2016, 04:55 PM
The game needs works. I love it but i needs alot of work. It needed to be optimized weeks ago. I hope we get a15 before Christmas. Or I guess 1.4

Street_Magic
08-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Was talking about Payday. The devs left the game after the release date (June 2015), a year after it has never been updated once, meanwhile on PC the game has patchs and DLC

I'm glad to see that the staff here do care about the console version, most of independent games are totally left on console.

skippy0330
08-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah i have the right to be hangry about it, because i paid this price for an alpha realese. And the worst part of that is the fact that it haven t be declared. When a game is realese on console, you expecte that the game is finishe and when it is a beta or what else, it have to be declare.how could i knew it before bying the game and do reserche on the bugs.

and for info, i don t compare this game to NMSK. all i wanted to say is that saying that console aren t powerfull enough to improve more the game is bull♥♥♥♥.

no mans sky is way underpowered for console, so trying to say console is powerful because it can run a small game like NMS still makes no sense. And btw, the console version IS NOT ALPHA, that's why it's not stated alpha, I don't know where you got your information from. Your completely wrong on all accounts.

Ruffio
08-01-2016, 11:49 PM

"Hi everyone!

Yo Clare!

Any news on this patch yet? Couldn't care less about new lighting enhancements and latest shaders, what I do care about is the huge list of bug fixes that most of us console gamers are looking forward to seeing in the patch notes.

I understand that the "fun pimps" are pretty busy counting all that console cash they got recently but isn't it time they, you know, got back to work and fix the sorry mess that they thought was acceptable to launch as a working / complete game? (Before the fanboys jump in screaming that it's not there port and telltale this and that...fun pimps got paid out of it so whatever).

It's been quite a while now since you posted the above and yet we're still having to put up with corrupted saves, empty random gen maps, broken 7 day hordes and crappy 4 man max game play.

Some sort of update would be appreciated, or was your post just lip service to keep us digital folks from asking for a refund whilst we still could?

Bug fixes....when are they coming and what is actually going to be fixed? Not unreasonable questions which shouldn't be to difficult to answer really?

Danny Mac One
08-02-2016, 01:06 AM
Yo Clare!

Any news on this patch yet? Couldn't care less about new lighting enhancements and latest shaders, what I do care about is the huge list of bug fixes that most of us console gamers are looking forward to seeing in the patch notes.

I understand that the "fun pimps" are pretty busy counting all that console cash they got recently but isn't it time they, you know, got back to work and fix the sorry mess that they thought was acceptable to launch as a working / complete game? (Before the fanboys jump in screaming that it's not there port and telltale this and that...fun pimps got paid out of it so whatever).

It's been quite a while now since you posted the above and yet we're still having to put up with corrupted saves, empty random gen maps, broken 7 day hordes and crappy 4 man max game play.

Some sort of update would be appreciated, or was your post just lip service to keep us digital folks from asking for a refund whilst we still could?

Bug fixes....when are they coming and what is actually going to be fixed? Not unreasonable questions which shouldn't be to difficult to answer really?

I've stopped playing it now, i wander if there is still a way to get digital refund as this game is still a faulty release, the game simply doesn't work, I've played over 200 hours on 4 different saves all are corrupt. I came on today to see if any updates or patches are mentioned, and not supprisingly there is nothing mentioned at all. I'm fed up now.

Splash
08-02-2016, 01:26 AM
no mans sky is way underpowered for console, so trying to say console is powerful because it can run a small game like NMS still makes no sense. And btw, the console version IS NOT ALPHA, that's why it's not stated alpha, I don't know where you got your information from. Your completely wrong on all accounts.

BRUH, The game is not an alpha, but it is at the same level as on pc wich is an alpha. Bruhh, you kill me man. Just stop saying weird stuff just, because you are a fan of the game. i pay yhe game so i have the right to complain.

And are you saying that the console can t handled THIS GAME? If that is the case, so why do they put them on console to say after theat: "Console isn t powerfull enough for more feature".
Man, Just stop. When people are saying truth about something, there are always people who come to say:"NO, The game is ok, It only need to fix bugs and that's all. I love this game. you don t know what you are talking about. this is the best game off all time, it doesn t need to be improve. Stop criticizing this game."
How do you want the game to be improve if the only thing you are saying is: you are doing gret jobs guys, the game is cool.
NO. I am telling what need to be improve on console and that will help them more than just congratulating them. And that s a fact, critics helps them to improve the game.
If the only things that you can say is that the game is good, stop answering other post. People who are there are people who have bought the game so the are here to help developer in their job by telling them what need to be improve. If you want to say to each person you see how good the game is, go to a place like twitter or facebook or i don t know.

faaeng
08-02-2016, 07:47 AM
The console game is a port of Alpha 14... So... How is it not an Alpha again? The game itself as a whole is still in Alpha, So... the console port of said Alpha is magically a finished product somehow?... I'm sorry but I dont quite understand how that is even remotely possible. lol

Come on. I understand, you like the game. I do as well. It's a fantastic game when all is working, but come on. A little common sense goes a long way.

Danpeet91
08-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Amen faaeng

skippy0330
08-02-2016, 12:45 PM
The console game is a port of Alpha 14... So... How is it not an Alpha again? The game itself as a whole is still in Alpha, So... the console port of said Alpha is magically a finished product somehow?... I'm sorry but I dont quite understand how that is even remotely possible. lol

Come on. I understand, you like the game. I do as well. It's a fantastic game when all is working, but come on. A little common sense goes a long way.

Do you see alpha on the console version anywhere? that's a pretty damn good sign that the game isn't alpha. Yes, magically, on the console port, it is a finished version, which is why everyone is curious as to future content updates. I know this blows your mind, but with a little energy and some hard thought, you'll get it, I believe in you.

- - - Updated - - -

I've stopped playing it now, i wander if there is still a way to get digital refund as this game is still a faulty release, the game simply doesn't work, I've played over 200 hours on 4 different saves all are corrupt. I came on today to see if any updates or patches are mentioned, and not supprisingly there is nothing mentioned at all. I'm fed up now.

200 hours and you want a refund? lol. do you not know how to back up console saves?

killedman2
08-02-2016, 01:37 PM
No update status, at least pc get's a video each week showing how the game is coming along. How about consoles?

Timiun
08-02-2016, 05:14 PM
First let me say that I love this game. It has been a long time since a game grabbed my attention the way 7 days has. I have been waiting for a long time for someone to put all the elements of other games I liked into one game. Great concept. I have experienced several of the bugs mentioned in this thread. Frame rates , Crashes , Lost worlds. Most frustrating one was crashing on multi player and losing 2 mini bikes full of loot from the Hub city. But since the game is new to me and I am still learning how to build and master crafting I keep restarting worlds anyway. I have just reached day 38 on my latest one (longest world yet) and hope I don't get any of the more serious bugs some are experiencing. Although the game has some flaws I am willing to be patient and see what the devs do to correct these issues. I understand the frustration some are having. I go way back on games/ systems. Started with the first pong game on a black and white tv and have owned every counsel and PC in between (3DO & Atari Jaguar included). I have seen some realy bad games(Neverwinter Nights) and some rough launches(Everquest). Some got fixed and some don't Hope they get this one right. Has tons of potential to lead gaming concepts into the next era.

Papa_K
08-02-2016, 05:54 PM
I haven't had that many major issues so I cant complain that much.

I just hope whatever update that is done, is completed soon and is just for fixing the bugs.

i hope when do add new content that it will be after they fix everything

Bigboss42092
08-02-2016, 06:03 PM
If you actually knew anything about me, you know i produce and have content on both pc and console. I'm just pointing out everyone's fallacies and misconceptions on how vox games run, especially on console. If you don't like the truth, lock the internet up and throw away the key.

Calling a console pitiful make you sound like a pc elitist. Before you try saying you didnt read your previous comments from a different point of view. I get what your getting at, but if people spend hard earned money they are going to be mad if it is currently not working right.

Bigboss42092
08-02-2016, 06:07 PM
No word since a few weeks ago, saying it'll be out in a few weeks...

What a joke. Never will I buy another Iron Galaxy / Telltale / TFP game.

They don't even have the decency to keep us in the loop about the patch. Just some random forum mod that doesn't even have any answers

They said early August. Check your calender it is the 2nd. Early August could mean anywhere from the 1st to 12th. I feel your frustration though we lost 3 worlds

Bender Rodriguz
08-02-2016, 06:27 PM

"Hi everyone!

I just lost my second game save on the xbox one to the game crashing and then not allowing me back in. I've put a rediculous amount of time into this game (200 some odd hours) and have now lost the game that consumed the majority of that time. I've been playing everyday since it came out and now that i had reached a good level as well as had important items that i need (these items did not even spawn in untill recently, it is day 160 something) im locked out of the game, again. I am not the only one having these problems. I am severely disappointed with the level of "patching" things. No one cares if you worked out the bugs on the sound and on shadows IF YOU CANT PLAY THE GAME. Fix this or you are going to lose more players then just me. I'm DONE, you made a great BROKEN game, but it's not worth the constant crashing/DCing/lost time. Sadly you loose a customer today, i don't think i will purchase any further products from your company, and advise others not to. The trend of releasing broken merchandise is sickening, you're not alone in this other companies are at fault also. I also understand on PC it's an alpha, something cant be an alpha one placed and finished in another, it isn't a quantum game lol. Perhaps next time you'll design a game and make sure tht at least at it's core it's "mostly" operational.:torn:

JON2
08-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Until they fix randomgen (from what I've read dirt roads are supposed to end in a point of interest or some random building) and the annoying lag, this game is 'dead' to me......don't hate me.

Platypusmuerte
08-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Until they fix randomgen (from what I've read dirt roads are supposed to end in a point of interest or some random building) and the annoying lag, this game is 'dead' to me......don't hate me.

Some might say it had 7 saves to die..... I couldn't resist. Sorry. I'll go now...

Amshnock
08-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone!

DestroyWayne
08-03-2016, 05:25 AM
First of all its only been a couple weeks since that 7/20 announcement. When they say 'a few weeks' it could be 3-5 weeks, its an ambiguous term. And you know what? It might even take longer because thats the nature of videogame development and bug fixing. Videogames get delayed all the time, bug fixing has a lot to do with it, its not a matter of flipping a few switches and changing a couple numbers. Thats why they can't give an exact date. Also all bug fixes and updates have to go back through a recertification process with Sony and Microsoft which varies as well.

There was at least a couple times we waited for bug fix patches on the console version of Terraria that took a lot longer than a few weeks, so just be patient and play something else. I'm sure they'll give us another progress update when it gets closer.

And if and when new features get added, guess what? There'll be new bugs introduced because they can't catch all of them!

DSAxMAVERICK
08-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I need my money back, oh people here who want to defend this game when the game gets stuck every 10 minutes and the maps do not load more than 10 meters when you play with 4 people, oh no dedicated servers that help improve game performance .. sorry for my translation of google translator but can not take my outrage over this game they sold me.

Mashedtaters
08-03-2016, 04:22 PM
First of all its only been a couple weeks since that 7/20 announcement. When they say 'a few weeks' it could be 3-5 weeks, its an ambiguous term. And you know what? It might even take longer because thats the nature of videogame development and bug fixing. Videogames get delayed all the time, bug fixing has a lot to do with it, its not a matter of flipping a few switches and changing a couple numbers. Thats why they can't give an exact date. Also all bug fixes and updates have to go back through a recertification process with Sony and Microsoft which varies as well.

There was at least a couple times we waited for bug fix patches on the console version of Terraria that took a lot longer than a few weeks, so just be patient and play something else. I'm sure they'll give us another progress update when it gets closer.

And if and when new features get added, guess what? There'll be new bugs introduced because they can't catch all of them!
Maybe it's just me, but the fact that this game even launched like this is a massive slap in the face. It doesn't matter if a patch is coming out or not.

DSAxMAVERICK
08-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Many games have BUGS BUT 7 Days to Die ERRORS ARE MEGA GIANT, THE TODAY THERE IS ANOTHER SUIT CLEAR PROGRESS AFTER 200 HOURS PLAYS, NOT BECAUSE THERE PEOPLE DEFEND THIS GAME AND THE COMPARED WITH ERRORS OF OTHER GAMES much slighter. Everything so much DEDICATED SERVERS WITH FLUID. AND WHEN THE UPDATE FOR 2017 OR 18 :chargrined:? TRASH where I can ask my refund my money right .

Swerve_left
08-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Many games have BUGS BUT 7 Days to Die ERRORS ARE MEGA GIANT, THE TODAY THERE IS ANOTHER SUIT CLEAR PROGRESS AFTER 200 HOURS PLAYS, NOT BECAUSE THERE PEOPLE DEFEND THIS GAME AND THE COMPARED WITH ERRORS OF OTHER GAMES much slighter. Everything so much DEDICATED SERVERS WITH FLUID. AND WHEN THE UPDATE FOR 2017 OR 18 :chargrined:? TRASH where I can ask my refund my money right .

Whoa!! I get what you are saying but relax man. I understand people lost their saves after doing everything over 100 day period. I do, but I also play the game on PS4 and have experienced the same yet can patiently wait for a patch. from then I will determine if I should to invest more time in exchange for thrill/fun. Regardless, y'all act like you don't remember your own child hood with a PS1 and momma wouldn't buy or understand the concept of a memory card. Do you know how many times I replayed legend of the dragoon or FFIIIX because of a power outage? It was sad, but I always played again. Games were designed for thrill as your playing them, not just to save them. But also to continue playing them, and I understand that entirely. However there are several people bashing a game & demanding a refund yet those same users have enjoyed hundreds of hours of that very Thrill I'm trying to explain.

All I'm saying is, you went into a NEW restaurant and bought a $1 burger that you can return if you so desire in a given time period. during that time period a multitude of..idk say YELP reviews about said restaurant reported roaches, bad food, overcooked, under-cooked, etc. Yet you continued to visit that same restaurant every day for 40 days and ate the entirety of your burger (all while joining the reviews and bashing the cooks) have a little faith and let the DEV's release the ONE patch that MAY change it all. Or don't and quit. Regardless what do your post accomplish? A response like this? maybe ♥♥♥♥tier one? All I know is anyone of you screaming REFUND now and have nearly done everything in the game and enjoyed countless hours of entertainment should just relax and wait 14 days. The games fun, and I personally can look past every single bug mentioned because of that very entertainment. I would love to see this game grow, and thank the respectable users on this forum that reported bugs without the bashing. If you want the game to grow then start by growing as a community in both quantity and quality. :victorious:

Lastly, if you want to have fun in this game with a relatively experienced player, add me on PSN: Swerve_Left I am not starting a new world till the patch is out but will gladly help anyone in there's. I can also show you my main world base and compare. Love to see other innovations!

Main world day: 65
Toon LVL: 70?

things missing: AUGER BLADE

Malthis
08-03-2016, 11:27 PM
This thread has devolved into unconstructive posts and flaming eachother (most of which I've had to remove). If you wish to bring up an unknown bug please report it to the bug section of the forums, if you'd like to discuss a feature of the console versions please visit the general discussion section of the console forums.

This thread is now closed