PDA

View Full Version : I can't seem to cook my Raw meat on a campfire (Xbox One)

SPCakesisadouche2016
07-21-2016, 03:59 AM
So I was going to cook 3 raw Meat when the game said that I didn't have any even though I had 3 things of Raw meat in the output section of the CampFire please help me. (I am not sure if it is UI or Mechanics so sorry ahead of time if I get it wrong)

Thanks

Labrat309
07-21-2016, 04:03 AM
You need a grill on your campfire

Gazz
07-21-2016, 04:57 AM
Do not put things in the output slots.

As the name might imply, they are for output.

SPCakesisadouche2016
07-21-2016, 05:20 AM
Do not put things in the output slots.

As the name might imply, they are for output.

So Where do I put them. Also the reason I posted this is because it says I don't have any Raw Meat even when in my inventory. Also I was able to use the Raw Meat while it was in the output section. Also I used a pan before for cooking the Raw Meat.

dark_knight097
07-21-2016, 05:44 AM
If you have the grill in your camp fire just press up on the d pad to cook the meat. All items that are being cooking will go into a little queue menu at the bottom left with a timer. When it's done, it will appear in the output section and from there you can either leave it or put it back into your inventory.

SPCakesisadouche2016
07-21-2016, 05:59 AM
If you have the grill in your camp fire just press up on the d pad to cook the meat. All items that are being cooking will go into a little queue menu at the bottom left with a timer. When it's done, it will appear in the output section and from there you can either leave it or put it back into your inventory.

Well, I am only on the 9th or 10th day so I haven't found a grill but there is a super small village with two buildings that I haven't looked through so I will Check for a grill. For the most part I have been eating the meat or rotten meat without cooking it. Also just out of curiosity how far are you in the game because I have been playing the game since 7-19.

Gamida
07-21-2016, 06:20 AM
I never played the console version but you should never have to eat raw meat if you can build a campfire. You don't even need a pot or grill to cook it. It will show as charred meat. If you open the campfire and have raw meat in your inventory you should be able to add some fuel to the fire and it should show that you can cook charred meat.

dark_knight097
07-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Try not to eat meat raw or rotten meat too much or your character will get sick and it's much harder to deal with in the early stages. I'm on day 147.

Clare
07-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Hi all,

Moving this to general support as it is not a bug.
You can also cook meat in a pot "Boiled Meat" but need some water for it too. Check ovens in buildings and ruins, thats where I've found most of mine.

Clare

caleb68
07-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Once you get a forge going you can craft a grill, I have yet to find a grill on any of my games.

SPCakesisadouche2016
07-21-2016, 05:25 PM
I never played the console version but you should never have to eat raw meat if you can build a campfire. You don't even need a pot or grill to cook it. It will show as charred meat. If you open the campfire and have raw meat in your inventory you should be able to add some fuel to the fire and it should show that you can cook charred meat.

That's what I am trying to say I wanted to cook Charred Meat it let me do it once but then it wouldn't let me the second time.

griffapotomous
07-21-2016, 06:30 PM
That's what I am trying to say I wanted to cook Charred Meat it let me do it once but then it wouldn't let me the second time.

Just trying to eliminate everything.. are you sure its raw meat and not rotten meat (which also looks raw), I've made this mistake before, so asking from experience. And did you verify you still have fuel in the fire?

DrDaan
07-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Just trying to eliminate everything.. are you sure its raw meat and not rotten meat (which also looks raw), I've made this mistake before, so asking from experience. And did you verify you still have fuel in the fire?

In the beginning i had this problem as well. now i just wait until night fall and eat rotten meat and drink lots of water

Gamida
07-22-2016, 03:17 AM

Ok, before you answer me, just know I am not trying to belittle you but I am not sure how much experience you have with the game as you said you are only around day 9 or 10.

So you should be able to make charred meat if you....

1. have raw meat in your inventory.
2. have a campfire made and have its menu opened.
3. have some type of fuel in one of the slots for fuel.

then charred meat should be white and the option to cook the meat should not be greyed out. When you click cook it should automatically start cooking the meat.

Also the arrows above word cook let you choose how many to cook at that time.

If I have said something wrong (because again I haven't used console) or confused you more I am sorry.