PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Gore blocks definitely contributing to frame rate issues

Taylornater
07-23-2016, 10:33 AM
So in one area of my world where a lot of zombies tend to spawn I have noticed the frame rate drop very low. I thought it was most likely down to the fact that a lot of them like spawning in this particular area. However recently there hasn't been many spawning in this area, sometimes none at all on some of my trips through this location, but severe frame rate issues were still present. Then I noticed the huge number of gore blocks littering the area and thought maybe it could be this causing it. Sure enough, after getting rid of every gore block the frame rate significantly improved in this area. I now make it a habit of getting rid of every gore block after killing zombies as well as animals.

caleb68
07-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I've done this sense they introduced gore blocks to the game back on the pc, its just habbit for me now while playing on the ps4. The reason I clear them is that they aid the zombies if attacking a base, and they seemed to attract zombies back then (honestly dont know if they still do).

Taylornater
07-24-2016, 09:30 AM
I've done this sense they introduced gore blocks to the game back on the pc, its just habbit for me now while playing on the ps4. The reason I clear them is that they aid the zombies if attacking a base, and they seemed to attract zombies back then (honestly dont know if they still do).

Yeah I did a little research and found some things about gore blocks causing a few issues on the PC version a few updates back, were they totally removed at one point then brought back?

caleb68
07-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Not that I recall but I did take a break from the game for a bit, then started playing again, so it could of happened then. Not because of bugs, but because if I stick to one thing too long I get totally bored with it.

herrpohl
07-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah I did a little research and found some things about gore blocks causing a few issues on the PC version a few updates back, were they totally removed at one point then brought back?
I'm assuming you mean the corpse blocks in your initial post. Gore blocks were bigger voxel blocks that would merge together to build up bigger piles on which zombies could walk on and enter your base.
Corpse blocks also create FPS drops in the PC version like every entity, if there are significant numbers of them around.

Taylornater
07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
I'm assuming you mean the corpse blocks in your initial post. Gore blocks were bigger voxel blocks that would merge together to build up bigger piles on which zombies could walk on and enter your base.
Corpse blocks also create FPS drops in the PC version like every entity, if there are significant numbers of them around.

Yep sorry those are the blocks I'm referring to. It's all pretty solid now since I've been clearing them up so its all good :-)