PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Every player should have the save game file!

ZupahDZN1337
07-23-2016, 09:41 PM
@Staff Team

I believe that each player of a private game starting should have access to a save game file for that game, it sucks when my friend and I get really far into a game (day 22-2 hour days) and his save data corrupts.

Also it sucks when I want to start up the game before hes off work to scavenge a bit but I cant because hes the main host and is the only one who has the save data.

PLEASE FIX THIS, SO ANNOYING.

caleb68
07-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Thats been a arguement on the pc side for a long time, it does cause a whole slue of issues doing that though by doing that you would have to sync every loaded cell with every player, not just with the server, this means more data passing back and forth between players and more issues with lag and those annoying 1-2 second freezes

MrSmoke
07-23-2016, 11:04 PM
The host could save the file to a flash drive and email it to you so you can pick up where you guys left off without him. Then you can send it back to him when you are done. He just needs to delete the file on his system and upload the current save from the flash drive.

Could be tedious, but its do-able.

ZupahDZN1337
07-23-2016, 11:25 PM
The host could save the file to a flash drive and email it to you so you can pick up where you guys left off without him. Then you can send it back to him when you are done. He just needs to delete the file on his system and upload the current save from the flash drive.

Could be tedious, but its do-able.

Sony has made it so players cannot use save data on other consoles, hense why I posted this thread asking this staff team to make it so each player can have a save data file or integrate some kind of feature.

MrSmoke
07-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Sony has made it so players cannot use save data on other consoles, hense why I posted this thread asking this staff team to make it so each player can have a save data file or integrate some kind of feature.

Since when? I used to take a flash drive with my save games to a friends place. Even when you backup a file it has a blurb on screen telling you that you can take the file with you to pickup where you were at a friends house.....

ZupahDZN1337
07-24-2016, 01:10 AM
Since when? I used to take a flash drive with my save games to a friends place. Even when you backup a file it has a blurb on screen telling you that you can take the file with you to pickup where you were at a friends house.....

No im trying to get my friends save data from his backup storage to download onto my account on my console, it will not and can not work ive read into it.

MrSmoke
07-24-2016, 05:31 AM
It must be linked to the PSN ID.

I bet if you signed in with his details it would work.

ZupahDZN1337
07-24-2016, 11:10 PM
It must be linked to the PSN ID.

I bet if you signed in with his details it would work.

I dont want to sign in with his details man.

Can a staff member address this issue and maybe add a lag-free feature in an upcoming patch update?