PDA

View Full Version : splitscreen at a higher frame rate?

feargasm
07-26-2016, 08:59 PM
I have a weird question.

i tried out splitscreen the other day and realized that the frame rate is alot higher then in normal single player/multiplayer.

this makes 0 sense to me as i thought splitscreen was more demanding as the game has to pretty much render twice as much.
not only that but the graphics seems to not be turned down at all while on splitscreen. to me this is very odd. the game seems to be running better while under more load?

also.. why is it that a pc with weaker specs then the ps4/xboxone can run this game better?

im starting to think this game is more buggy then i thought. and that the console ports are not taking advantage of the consoles max potential.

Amshnock
07-27-2016, 02:26 AM
I seen the same thing. Thought it was me. The controls are smooth in split and at times the world runs a little faster.
When I play split screen with my son for a long time and then go back to my MP game it feels choppy and slow. What ever they did to split screen they need to add to MP ,SP

Clare
07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Hi guys, as you are not reporting a bug directly, I have moved this thread.

feargasm
07-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Hi guys, as you are not reporting a bug directly, I have moved this thread.

seems like a bug to me.. the game is not running as well as it should be. as a pc with the same specs can run this game at a higher frame rate and higher draw distance. this is made apparent by the frame rate being closer to 60 then 30 while on splitscreen. splitscreen is the game rendering (basically) twice. it makes absolutely ZERO sense that the game is running better on this mode. (frame rate wise)

look. im not trying to be rude. or mean.. or anything like that..

if i am mistaken some how...then tell me.. don't just sweep this under the rug.

I love this game on pc.. and i have mad respect for the funpimps.

but whoever is in charge of the console port. needs some serious "talking too"