PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Zombie Spawning

Kidliquid01
07-28-2016, 02:43 AM
I have the console version for XB1 and wanted to know if there are any keys to where zombies spawn and how to prevent them from over spawning in certain areas. For instance, I know they don't spawn within a certain radius to the bedroll, but do they spawn more frequently in the dark? Or any other locations that I can try to avoid or reinforce?

Thanks in advance!

herrpohl
07-28-2016, 08:08 AM
There are two different kinds of zombie spawners: POI (prefabs) and biome spawners.
The bedroll can block both types of spawns in a 32x32 area from bedrock to sky. Most POI spawners have the same size at least in the smaller prefabs so that you should be relatively safe inside your base by putting down a bedroll.
Biome zombie spawns can only happen on certain blocks.
These are:

stone
grass
dirt
plainsGround
potassiumNitrate
ironOre
sand
snow
clay
leadOre
bedrock
sandStone
desertGround
asphalt
asphaltCracked
gravel
ice
fertileGrass
burntForestGround
forestGround
destroyedStone
coalOre
woodDebris
oilDeposit

The biome spawner can't spawn zombies on any other block, so in theory you could make the perimeter around your base safe by placing down e.g. wood blocks. This doesn't apply for the POI spawner however, which can spawn zombies on any block if not covered by a bedroll.

Kidliquid01
07-28-2016, 06:53 PM
So a crazy hypothetical question. If I made nothing but bedrolls, and placed them within a perimeter of one another, would that stop the spawning? Or does it treat the last bedroll placed as the primary one as it does with player spawning?

herrpohl
07-28-2016, 06:58 PM
So a crazy hypothetical question. If I made nothing but bedrolls, and placed them within a perimeter of one another, would that stop the spawning? Or does it treat the last bedroll placed as the primary one as it does with player spawning?
It's only the last one placed that gives the protection.

Kidliquid01
07-28-2016, 07:12 PM
It's only the last one placed that gives the protection.

Thank you!