PDA

View Full Version : Images of my base

grrantu
02-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Here are some images of my base.
The Rooftop garden. It produces about 400 gas per harvest. I have only had to harvest twice... I grossly overestimated the corn I would need to power the auger

This section was all dug by hand until the core collapsed because I had read the auger wasn't worth it cause it took so much gas. This ladder is basically in the middle of the structure. The pillar in the middle, I built up from the bottom after the core collapse. It was the original safe entrance and exit to my base, and contained the small starter rooftop garden. Once I had access to the surface and could make reinforced cement the real construction began...

Looking down from the upper level entrance. Easy to access, zombie proof.

This is what it looks like as you approach it from ground level. Not terribly beautiful, but functional.

This is looking up from one of the corners of the outer perimeter.

Grrantu

grrantu
02-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Actually I misrepresented the capacity, it produces 200 gasoline per harvest. I had actually harvested 2 times previously.

Carrythxd
02-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Nice base! :)

mrpf
02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Looks good :)

The3rdMan
02-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Actually I thought it looked really cool, very impressive.

So does the corn still grow using light through the windows?

grrantu
02-14-2014, 12:20 AM
So does the corn still grow using light through the windows?

It does grow well and the windows keep out the vermin. The temporary garden had serious issues with zombies, rabbits and deer spawning in the garden and destroying things. But since I put the roof on it with the windows, I have had no spawns inside and the plants grow well.

One thing I learned that I didn't consider, is that corn needs 3 squares of open space tall to grow to it's max height. Luckily most of my garden space is that tall. It is something I hadn't really considered, in the past I didn't even notice that you get more corn from taller plants.

Grrantu