PDA

View Full Version : Can't Un-Ally, Player destroys bedroll/chest

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 11:49 AM
So this just happened again and I came here looking for answers. This time player joined and sent ally invite, I accepted and we went on with our work on the base. Person shows up, seems nice...my friend had to get off so he gave me the SMG and logged out.

While digging a trench I hear the sound of an axe hitting wood upstairs in my base, I go up to see whats going on and the player has destroyed my chest and is finishing up destroying my bedroll. So I quickly un-ally them and fire off a few rounds in his thick skull...but nothing happens. We are still allies...I un-ally again and fire some more shots...still nothing. I try again to un-ally him, nope still marked on the compass. And he is off to attack another chest...so I quit the game.

Is this some sort of exploit turds are using to ruin people games or what...? WTF is going on!?

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 12:00 PM
So this just happened again and I came here looking for answers. This time player joined and sent ally invite, I accepted and we went on with our work on the base. Person shows up, seems nice...my friend had to get off so he gave me the SMG and logged out.

While digging a trench I hear the sound of an axe hitting wood upstairs in my base, I go up to see whats going on and the player has destroyed my chest and is finishing up destroying my bedroll. So I quickly un-ally them and fire off a few rounds in his thick skull...but nothing happens. We are still allies...I un-ally again and fire some more shots...still nothing. I try again to un-ally him, nope still marked on the compass. And he is off to attack another chest...so I quit the game.

Is this some sort of exploit turds are using to ruin people games or what...? WTF is going on!?

Taylornater
07-31-2016, 12:22 PM
I've had it once where a player has sent an ally request just so they could see where I am so they could try grief/kill me. Here I am level 77 and armed to the teeth and he goes about trying to break into my supply crates right in front of me, un-ally, BOOM! Shotgun slug to the back of the head! Now it wouldn't surprise me if there's some sort of bug/exploit where if you un-ally someone you still can't deal damage to them. You could try some tests with your friend in your game to see if you can deal damage to each other after accepting an ally request then removing them. Your experience with this other person could have been a one off, but if there is some bug/exploit with the ally system that people are taking advantage of it definitely needs addressing.

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 12:31 PM
This has happened twice, only this time did the player get to destroy my stuff. Never had a problem with doing it before, just on these two occasions.

I did notice the guy dropped his land claim block in my trench while I was digging...not sure if that had something to do with it or not...

Taylornater
07-31-2016, 12:35 PM
This has happened twice, only this time did the player get to destroy my stuff. Never had a problem with doing it before, just on these two occasions.

I did notice the guy dropped his land claim block in my trench while I was digging...not sure if that had something to do with it or not...

Hmm that's a possibility, I'm not sure how the land claim block works when it comes to PvP. If you try some tests with your friend try that out too. Have him place the block and stand near it, un-ally him and see if you can deal damage.

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 12:44 PM
I'll test somethings out later, although I have never had a problem doing so...just frustrating how it only did this when someone was trying to troll/grief.

Taylornater
07-31-2016, 12:58 PM
I'll test somethings out later, although I have never had a problem doing so...just frustrating how it only did this when someone was trying to troll/grief.

I can imagine. I tend to be a little cautious when it comes to accepting ally requests from randoms now although the majority of people who I have accepted have been eager to help/build etc, and have ended up friending me and talking in party chat regularly. Just keep an eye on new allies for a few ingame days and how they act/play. You can kind of get a feeling for who wants to play the game or who is just there to be a pain the ass.

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Honestly it wouldn't have been so bad if I could have been able to do something about it/kill him, when those bullets did no damage it really ground my gears, lol.

MrSmoke
07-31-2016, 01:26 PM
Easy solution. Dont create public MP games.

MrSmoke
07-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Private games with friends or fellow forum members = zero headaches.

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 01:39 PM
That's no solution at all...some people like to play with randoms, friend or foe...but when a friend turns foe, I should be able to blow...their head off.

MrSmoke
07-31-2016, 02:12 PM
Well, thats what you get playing with randoms.

Maybe i should start trolling public games destroying peoples stuff. Then come on the forums after to see if they are complaining about it. Sounds entertaining.

Amshnock
07-31-2016, 03:18 PM
I always get people ally me iny game and I'm nice to let them in my base. I have 3 unlock chests lined up with food outfits weapons. One time I was nice and put pistols and ammo in them well he took the pistol and ammo unally everyone and started to shoot everyone. Well didn't take me long to know that not everyone can be trusted so I lock all gun in a safe behind a steel wall and door.

Still have the chests setup for new players but no ammo or guns.

I have been thinking about making chest and putting supplies in then at all the spawn locations.

I think the host should have basic admin rights. Like kick mute ban

As for the land clam block I found out when your in a I think it's a 4x4 block around it they cant hurt you. I have my bed roll and safe in the 4x4 around it in a steel room with iron bars. The guy with the pistol was trying to shoot me thru the iron bars when I spawned but did not hurt me. But I shot him with a shotgun and he left.

I don't know if a player can destroy your land claimed block or do I know if they can destroy anything in the 4x4 around it.
Always a good idea to keep all your loot in chests locked in a good built room locked behind a steel door.

Also don't forget to lock your mini bike. If a player gets on your bike and they put a password lock on it even if you find out what the password is you still can't use the basket. Only the player that put the passcode can.

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 09:56 PM
You need to lay off the smoke bud, the player and what he did is not a problem, it's the fact the game wouldn't let me unally with him...

Rooster2002
07-31-2016, 10:17 PM
You can destroy the land claim blocks, just takes awhile to do it, lol.

The only problem I had with this series of events is the game not letting me unally with players.

I like not being able to trust everyone, it can get boring playing with your friends and everyone working together.

Thanks for the tip about the bike. Haven't really got to use one since the game froze up to like 0 fps.

MrSmoke
07-31-2016, 11:46 PM
Maybe its a bug?

Look man, all im saying is that if you didnt play with randoms you wouldnt have encountered the situation. I get that you arent mad about what he did but all i was doing was providing a reasonable solution to prevent it from happening again. Hopefully it was one time thing.

If anything, i need to smoke more, not lay off it. Thanks for the opinion though.

Roland
08-01-2016, 04:26 AM
merged the two threads. Please do not post duplicate threads in separate areas of the forums. Thanks.

The Jester
08-01-2016, 05:12 AM
I've had this happen to me on PS4 and for whatever reason it only lets you un ally the person on the top of the list. So if the person is third or fourth in the list of players it won't work. But this has just been my own personal experience.

Amshnock
08-01-2016, 08:33 PM
I like that I can trust players. It's makes it a real servivle game . I like having that though of him trying to steal my loot and shoot him in the face with a 12g.

I get randoms every day I play I try my best to make the new players happy hopping they will come back. So I save my extra books like the mini bike and give them to trusted players.
I do have this random guy come back I don't know him nor do we talk. He helps with the base and adds to the loot.

Would be nice to add bandits to the game would add a nice touch.

I do bitch about this game alot but I can't put it down. It can be made to be a big game.

If the devs want alot of money and I know they do I would suggest they listen to us about adding servers and new content.
Us ps4/xbox people like to spend money on dlc and addons.
Wouldn't be hard to add deds if they worked the next code and opened it to connect to PCs. If they didn't want to wast money on hosting servers for us they could just release a PC app for a price and have them linked to 1 master server so it shows a list of open servers on console.

AXEL314
08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
That's why I have fire friendly fire on, but also because it should be a default.

Primus420
08-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Having this issue. Some players have no manners and try to help themselves to my things and that's a no no. But occasionally I can't remove someone from my ally list and send them packing. It tells me I'm removed from their list but we remain allies

mmepwnz
08-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Not playing with randoms is not how you fix game bugs.

Oxreigns
08-15-2016, 02:22 AM
Trolls will be trolls both on game and off. I've had people come in and severely mess up a few things I've had set up as well as be friendly long enough for me to give them some stuff and turn around and screw me over. Luckily it's rare. For the most part players understand the struggles this game has with the glitches and bugs and tend to work together more so then screw over someone.

But the inability to unally someone leaves only one option to deal with those types of players and that's to log off and end playing for awhile. They definitely need to fix this.

NoBloodMoon
08-15-2016, 11:08 AM
can you amend the settings on a current save to be 'private' or can it only be set before you create the save (Xbox1)?

At first i was unsure if friends would join me so i set the server to Public but now all i get are little turds turning up just generally annoying my life, id like to avoid by switching to Private.

Any advice would help :)

Oxreigns
08-15-2016, 08:06 PM
I believe you can only set it to public or private on creation that's why I'm stuck with my maps on public since the private ones were three times as buggy before this last patch. Once they get the game fixed to allow people to join one another again I'm definitely moving to a private game lol.

Elikenui
08-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Maybe you should make a 2nd base separate from your main base and use it to take in new players. Then you get a chance to observe them for a while before taking them to the main base.