PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering Issue

madmole
08-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Some really great news, IG has found the reason for the stuttering and have fixed some of the issues, and we're working with them for the others, but that is definitely a big benefit from console coming to PC. Stuttering has been around since Alpha 1 so I will be very happy to see it resolved once and for all :)

Roland
08-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Copied this over from the PC side since it is also great news for the Console gamers. IG stands for Iron Galaxy which is the development team responsible for the ported version of 7 Days to Die. No word yet on whether this stuttering fix will make it into Patch 2 (due out very soon now) or if it will be part of the next one.

mjm800
08-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Great news indeed! :clap2:

Platypusmuerte
08-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Fantastic to hear something. Thanks for passing along.

skippy0330
08-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Some really great news, IG has found the reason for the stuttering and have fixed some of the issues, and we're working with them for the others, but that is definitely a big benefit from console coming to PC. Stuttering has been around since Alpha 1 so I will be very happy to see it resolved once and for all :)

I love this guy. Having multiple studios work on the same is NEVER a bad thing. !!! good to see this resolved on both sides!

MrSmoke
08-04-2016, 08:31 PM
YAY!!! Just hope this resolves a lot, if not all of the lag/stuttering happening.

@Roland, can you elaborate as to roughly how soon is "very soon"?

Deccypher
08-04-2016, 08:37 PM
YAY!!! Just hope this resolves a lot, if not all of the lag/stuttering happening.

@Roland, can you elaborate as to roughly how soon is "very soon"?

very soon is just slightly shorter than Soon(tm)

soon (tm)
Describes something that we are told is coming soon (game updates, TV shows, etc.) but we have heard it enough times to know better. Whoever is saying x event will occur soon is considered to own the trademark on the word because they have used it so many times.

MrSmoke
08-04-2016, 10:05 PM
very soon is just slightly shorter than Soon(tm)

soon (tm)
Describes something that we are told is coming soon (game updates, TV shows, etc.) but we have heard it enough times to know better. Whoever is saying x event will occur soon is considered to own the trademark on the word because they have used it so many times.

Touché sir.

Swerve_left
08-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Awesome news! Glad to here it, and thanks for passing it along. Must appreciated!

Skittz
08-05-2016, 12:27 AM
So the stuttering on console has been looked into and solved or is he talking about PC?

Doombringer101
08-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Both, Iron Galaxy is responsible for the console port.

Skittz
08-05-2016, 12:51 AM
Both, Iron Galaxy is responsible for the console port.

Thank you once again for answering my question

- - - Updated - - -

Any information on dedicated servers for console?

Smegzor
08-05-2016, 02:45 AM

Th-th-th-thanks :) I'll see myself out.

Reaper86
08-05-2016, 03:54 AM
Any word on traders an new stuff for console

AXEL314
08-05-2016, 08:40 AM
I'm currently on day 87 and the stuttering is beginning to get to me - this is great news! Thanks!

Street_Magic
08-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Thanks for letting us know, that sounds good.

LifeTV
08-05-2016, 10:21 AM
As IG are only talking to the Devs for the PC version, any chance to get them to stop hiding and tell us what is really going on with the bugs in the PS version?

I'm sick of people not talking, it shows they are deceitful.

Splash
08-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Amazing, Finally an awesome news:encouragement::encouragement::triumphant::app louse:

Sothasil
08-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Wish to God the fun pimps was the ones doing the console versions!! Madmole is on it about helping people, this game is his baby and it shows!

Ghostface
08-05-2016, 03:08 PM
thanks for the update!! Please keep up the GREAT work!:smile-new::cocksure::cheerful::encouragement::encouragem ent::loyal:

DoucheVader
08-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Copied this over from the PC side since it is also great news for the Console gamers. IG stands for Iron Galaxy which is the development team responsible for the ported version of 7 Days to Die. No word yet on whether this stuttering fix will make it into Patch 2 (due out very soon now) or if it will be part of the next one.

Any chance you guys have the patch notes for Patch 2 on the consoles?

Kind of curious what has been fixed.

DoucheVader
08-05-2016, 03:45 PM
As IG are only talking to the Devs for the PC version, any chance to get them to stop hiding and tell us what is really going on with the bugs in the PS version?

I'm sick of people not talking, it shows they are deceitful.

Have you checked out the Iron Galaxy website?

http://irongalaxystudios.com/

Notice they don't have a "Support" link and even if you click on "Contact" you won't see anything directing to support.

You know why? Because Iron Galaxy effectively works under The Fun Pimps or Telltale Publishing. They were not hired for support they were hired to port the game. Telltale's own website will refer you back to this website.

https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/221258968-Where-do-I-go-for-support-for-7-Days-to-Die-

It's not an issue of them hiding, their job is very specific and it doesn't include dealing first hand with gamers.

The only thing deceitful is your in ability to do a little research and piece this all together yourself. How about a little due diligence before you post next time eh? An informed forum post is a good forum post.

Canyon757
08-05-2016, 05:35 PM
I like to see creators and developers involved in their community. Thank you FP, IG, and TTG!

Believe me they are just as frustrated as we the gamers are. 7 Days to Die is an excellent game, and has tons of potential. Once the bugs are worked through and everything is smoothed out the occasional troll will pop out from under his bridge and try to bring the community down. Don't let that person deter you if you have true sentiments for the game. Stick with it, if you discover an issue report it through the proper channels, patiently wait for a response, and then provide any feedback that has been requested.

This is the process of making any game better and better. If you don't care for the format of bringing a game to it's full potential, then back out now and go troll someone else while the rest of us survive on.

LwstnME
08-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Good. Hope they do start patching the game soon. I was getting worried it was going to be like Payday 2,where they said they would but months later never have.

Hope to see some fixes soon. Be nice to play the console version with friends.

COFREE
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Thaanks for the info.
Update are always appreciated

MrSmoke
08-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Any chance you guys have the patch notes for Patch 2 on the consoles?

Kind of curious what has been fixed.

Clare recently posted that the patch notes havent been provided to her yet, but she will release them to us as soon as she can.

I think we all share this same curiosity.

xiiMaRcLeoN
08-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Very nice.

skippy0330
08-08-2016, 06:18 AM
Have you checked out the Iron Galaxy website?

http://irongalaxystudios.com/

Notice they don't have a "Support" link and even if you click on "Contact" you won't see anything directing to support.

You know why? Because Iron Galaxy effectively works under The Fun Pimps or Telltale Publishing. They were not hired for support they were hired to port the game. Telltale's own website will refer you back to this website.

https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/221258968-Where-do-I-go-for-support-for-7-Days-to-Die-

It's not an issue of them hiding, their job is very specific and it doesn't include dealing first hand with gamers.

The only thing deceitful is your in ability to do a little research and piece this all together yourself. How about a little due diligence before you post next time eh? An informed forum post is a good forum post.

Touche! I'm glad there is a whole studio dedicated to just bug fixing, instead of customer relations. that's what telltale is for! The publisher.

Gamida
08-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I have a quick question to ask.
There has been a lot of chat on the forum of who is responsible for fixing the bugs for console. Some are saying it is TFPs because IG and TT were just responsible for porting and publishing the game and have nothing to do with the support.
If that is so, why is it MM has stated that they are the ones who found out why there is stuttering. He doesn't seem like the type to just give credit for this to someone else if they had nothing to do with it. So doesn't that mean that the others are still combing the game for bugs and fixes?

Just curious about this.

herrpohl
08-08-2016, 01:42 PM
I have no doubt that both TFP and IG are working on bugfixing as bug reports get forwarded to both teams. In addition, I can't see how TFP would be able to fix bugs resulting from the console port and, vice versa, IG fixing bugs that have been in the core game before the port.

skippy0330
08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
I have no doubt that both TFP and IG are working on bugfixing as bug reports get forwarded to both teams. In addition, I can't see how TFP would be able to fix bugs resulting from the console port and, vice versa, IG fixing bugs that have been in the core game before the port.

there is very little difference in the coding of console and pc on this game man. It's on the unity engine, which is what works on pc and console. IG are full time working on bugs, where tfp have been trying to add content before beta. beta release is bug fixing time, we've now just got the added bonus of a second studio working on bug fixed pre-beta.

herrpohl
08-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Bugfixing someone else's code requires much more effort so it's only logic that both sides are involved, independant of the game running on Unity.
The game is gold btw not beta.

khanjohn
08-10-2016, 03:36 AM
I still stutter after this patch. Every couple minutes i stop and then move. Frustrating as had removed mose but playing offline but nwo doesnt matter.

Skittz
08-10-2016, 08:12 AM
That issue was not included in the second patch...maybe patch 3

Malthis
08-19-2016, 02:50 AM
Thread is now closed.