PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Do you watch it? (Posts may have spoilers - WARNING)

KDStudios
10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
I watch it, I've been reading the comics for years. The TV show is a great spin off, it's nice not knowing what is going to happen.
To me, it's a mirror universe to the comic, where things are similar but different, I like that (I watched a lot of Fringe...)

So who else watches it and what do you think of it so far?
I feel the pace of it is much better than the previous season so far. I won't spoil things too much but the story is interesting right now instead of last season being "hurr durr this is war that isn't war coz we nu fight"... (Who knows... Maybe the war is this season? :rolleyes: )

Stealth
10-31-2013, 11:56 PM
I think everyone here already watches it :P or at least they should. Thats why we play this and not minecraft for the zombies :D

KDStudios
11-01-2013, 12:25 AM
I think everyone here already watches it :P or at least they should. Thats why we play this and not minecraft for the zombies :D

Yeah, they better do. I don't see why anyone wouldn't be a fan of the show to be honest. I like how they're keeping it as gritty as possible.
and Minceraft? That game hasn't been relevant for quite a long time now :P

phunkninja
11-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I have all the current episodes, just haven't had time to watch them. Recently discovered the Outpost Trilogy. Nazi Zombies!

xiiMaRcLeoN
11-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Of course i watched every episode cant wait for the other episodes of season 4.

Dr Shrimp
11-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Anyone who likes the show should play the (Telltale, not Activision) games and read the comics, I think the show is the weakest of the 3 to be honest.

ZombieSupra
11-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I've stopped watching it since they started arguing late into s1, am I missing out?

Arkonik
11-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I personally love the show for several reasons. One of the biggest reasons there are no super zombies and sprinting zombies running faster than humans. But all in all it shows a side of humanity. I know most people don't like it cause they think to much of it as a game example would be people saying I would jump in that tank and do this and that, but really not everyone thinks there a one man army not to mention the fact as a survivor if you knew your military got killed off which is a ton of men and women protecting How can you imagine a handful of people doing what a entire army could not accomplish.

I mean seriously you think a small group of survivors can do what armed men and women couldn't do? People live in game fantasy worlds to much. I bet if there where a real zombie world event people would forget about there gun ho one man army and resort to trying to survive just like this tv series shows.

Kinyajuu
11-01-2013, 03:22 PM
LOVE IT, best soap opera ever.

Want to get adult men into interpersonal relationships on a tv show? Add zombies and kill off random cast members at any given time.

After a while I noticed I was watching what is basically a soap but with action and zombies sprinkled in, but honestly, I think the focus on the interpersonal relationships and tension, with that zombie twist, makes it a massive hit. Shows like REvolution tried similar but the show just didn't pace well. It seems The Walking Dead is a great IP to work from. There is so much to expand on, heck, they still haven't even left Georgia..

Martial-Law
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
O man! The walking dead is good.

Cant wait for Season 4... Filming now. It is supposed to be set away from the prison. The Governer is absent but apparenlty does a cameo?

Im from the UK and I prefered Rick (Andrew Lincolin) in a British sitcom called Teachers. Very funny! I cant really take Rick seriously after that!

In season 3, they used a solar powered noise making device to intice the zedz into a pit trap. it would be cool to have something like this in 7DTD!

Berkan
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I have been following the serie for a pretty long time.
Though the only thing that irritates me its kind of predictable.

fox4562
11-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I've stopped watching it since they started arguing late into s1, am I missing out?

Season 2 is a little slow but watchable, but season 3 totally rocks.

Berkan
11-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Season 2 is a little slow but watchable, but season 3 totally rocks.
Season 2 I expected way more but it was like I was watching a drama show.

Martial-Law
11-08-2013, 06:59 PM
i think season 4 has started?

Is this right? I watched a bad ass episode the other night....

Martial-Law
11-08-2013, 11:20 PM
WTF???? Apparently they do their own costumes as well??? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIPcOGnRS-A&feature=share&list=TLjRNFfAHM87zxq-VwIU-0aNLOEb10-1ti

The Walking Dead with Harps??? Scared I am yes! Think im going to lie down...

EDIT: We dont need weapons in this Zombie Apocalypse; just harps and tight trousers???