PDA

View Full Version : )CRASH DUMP) lost all content during crash

Justin302
08-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Me and my friends were playing on ps4 and the game started lagging then crashed we went to go start it back up and the file for that world disapeared and we would like it back we had a lot going and on day 19 we love the game and we don't want to stop playing so please help

Roland
08-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Who was the hosting the game? You or one of your friends? The game world will only be saved on the console of whomever was hosting. It will not be there for anyone else.

Justin302
08-06-2016, 04:46 PM
I was hosting the world and the file just disapeared when the game crashed

Roland
08-06-2016, 04:53 PM
The only thing you can do is wait for the patch to come out next week and hope that whatever glitch is preventing your game from detecting your save gets cleared. You and your friends might have to start fresh.

BigSmokey
08-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Same thing has happened to quite a few, i am assuming you had the game crash to your console menu screen? then when you loaded back up it stated something like "Game data is corrupt and is now being deleted".

This happened to me and i had lost the game with no restore, hopefully you have automatic upload set on your console (which i didn't at the time) and you can restore your game from a previous point.

Marjak542
08-09-2016, 07:12 AM
I have backed up my world and it's on my online storage but every time I download it and return to continue game it doesn't show up. How do I fix this?

faaeng
08-09-2016, 09:57 AM
Delete the world and settings save files fom your console first then download them from your cloud storage.

When the save file is corrupted the game deletes the world from its list but the actual save file on the system is not touched . The world will not appear in the list if you are downloading the file from the cloud without first deleting it from the console.

Marjak542
08-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Delete the world and settings save files fom your console first then download them from your cloud storage.

When the save file is corrupted the game deletes the world from its list but the actual save file on the system is not touched . The world will not appear in the list if you are downloading the file from the cloud without first deleting it from the console.

I have done that and it worked to an extent. My old world kept downloading instead of the one I'm trying to re-download. Have I done something wrong?

faaeng
08-10-2016, 09:26 AM
I have done that and it worked to an extent. My old world kept downloading instead of the one I'm trying to re-download. Have I done something wrong?

Are you downloading the correct save file if you have multiples? The world/seed name is shown when looking at the world file.

Your save on the console corrupted. You lost any progress you made between when you or your system last uploaded your files and when your game crashed. This is why I make a habit that after a crash I boot back into the game to ensure my save isn't corrupt and if it isnt I back out and upload it immediately to the cloud. If it is corrupt? Well crap. Any new progress is now gone and I gotta remember wtf I did last. XD